Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - Detail Next Full Length Instalment

October 21st 2022 has been set as the official release date of Avantasia's new record, A Paranormal Evening With The Moonflower Society. The latter was produced by the band's mastermind Tobias Sammet with guitarist Sascha Paeth, who's also responsible for the mixing process. Cover artwork was painted by Swedish illustrator Alexander Jansson.

Tobias Sammet on the new album: "From the first song ideas back in 2018 / 2019 to the production, orchestration, keyboards, arrangements, details, I have been personally involved so deeply in every little aspect and detail of this album, that you can’t get an album any more personal or closer to my vision than this one. I had the time, nothing else to do in the past two and a half years, it was a slow movement life with music and my Mysteryhausen studio serving as a portal to another world, full of music and quirky encounters with my muses, that kept me sane and hopeful. I am super proud of the album, some of my best songs, some of my most emotional and extreme vocal performances, some of the strongest guest performances ever. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome and when you’ll hear it, you will know why!"

Track listing:

01. Welcome To The Shadows
02. The Wicked Rule The Night
03. Kill The Pain Away
04. The Inmost Light
05. Misplaced Among The Angels
06. I Tame The Storm
07. Paper Plane
08. The Moonflower Society
09. Rhyme And Reason
10. Scars
11. Arabesque

Source: avantasia.com
Band profile: Avantasia
Posted: 29.06.2022 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 91 users
29.06.2022 - 16:51
Metashadow8

I'm excited to hear this in it's full length!
29.06.2022 - 18:16
skelator

Take that avatar off then
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
30.06.2022 - 04:25
24emd
Theory Snob
While I'm excited for a return to their original sound, I hope they don't lose what they've created over the years. I don't care what people say, but they've created such character with their sound from The Wicked Trilogy to Moonglow, and it'd be a shame for it to be all gone. I really enjoy the Mystery of Time era albums because of the larger symphonic sound, and if they could combine all the stuff they've done over the year in one album, this could be the album of the year for me.
----
"I am too stupid to be human, and I lack common sense." - Proverbs 30:2
"Music? Well, it's just entertainment, folks!" - Devin Townsend

Best 2024 Albums
03.07.2022 - 10:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I don't like neither the title nor the first single, but I'll wait for the final outcome.
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 1270 | This month: 2