Good news for Mastodon fans. The band has officially confirmed that they are already brewing a new album which will follow The Hunter released back in September of 2011.

Mastodon released the following update: "For those of you who are interested, yes we have been VERY busy writing and putting songs together for the next studio Mastodon album, we are down at our space hammering out riffs that can be friends and working our fingers to the bone to put out another great album. Thank you to all our loyal fans!"

The band will also be playing some European festivals this summer and touring in North America on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival with Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch and Amon Amarth.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mastodon

Posted: 07.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Ace Frawley - 07.05.2013 at 12:50
Some good news.
Jaeryd17‍ - 07.05.2013 at 14:48
Nice. Looking forward to it.
tea[m]ster - 07.05.2013 at 16:00
Hope it's better than The Hunter. That's right, I said it.
Zaphod - 07.05.2013 at 16:06
Mastodoooon!

Written by tea[m]ster on 07.05.2013 at 16:00

Hope it's better than The Hunter. That's right, I said it.

Well, I can understand why you'd say that, even though I myself thought it was a fantastic release.
BaneConall - 07.05.2013 at 17:06
I hope they throw some of the progressive elements back into the music somehow. The Hunter was way too straight forward for my tastes.
Death_95 - 07.05.2013 at 17:13
I hope it's similar to their 2009 masterpiece Crack The SKye.
Pazdzioch - 07.05.2013 at 17:59
Written by Death_95 on 07.05.2013 at 17:13

I hope it's similar to their 2009 masterpiece Crack The SKye.

Weird I thought "Leviathan" for many ("Remission" imho) is considered as their greatest achievement (MS ratings may speak different)... This new stuff will be average at best, but I bite my tongue if would be different.
Death_95 - 07.05.2013 at 18:13
Written by Pazdzioch on 07.05.2013 at 17:59

Written by Death_95 on 07.05.2013 at 17:13

I hope it's similar to their 2009 masterpiece Crack The SKye.

You may be right, but Crack The Skye was the album that got me into metal. It has a very special place in my heart, I owe everything to this album! I admire all 5 albums they made, but for me Crack The Skye is their masterpiece.
LICH - 07.05.2013 at 20:16
I heard theyre using radioheadish and etheral ideas for songs, i honestly cant wait, i love bands who explore make risks and experiment, it shows theyre not afraid to do what they set out to ddo; make music and enjoy the fruits of their labour
3rdWorld - 07.05.2013 at 22:11
Written by BaneConall on 07.05.2013 at 17:06

Same for me as well. But they described their latest work as "eerie and spooky sounding" somewhere, and that doesn't sound right with mastodon. Lets wait and see what happens.
infernaldeath87 - 08.05.2013 at 01:32
I personally think "Blood Mountain" and "Crack The Skye" was their best work. Hopefully they follow in that vein, as I didn't enjoy "The Hunter" very much.
BitterCOld - 08.05.2013 at 03:13
I liked The Hunter just fine, but perhaps it seemed to suffer from being more sporadic as opposed to the coherent concept of the preceding albums.
Enemy of Reality - 09.05.2013 at 11:29
I think they've been dropping the progressive and intrincate elements in their song structures. Just compare Remission with The Hunter. The first is mostly progressive, sludgy post-harcore stuff, but in The Hunter the songs are more easy listening but also less interesting. I liked Crack the Skye though. It was atmospheric and a good cut into Pink Floydish dimension, but they need to get back to a more raw sound like in Remission and Leviathan.
Death_95 - 10.05.2013 at 01:21
Written by BitterCOld on 08.05.2013 at 03:13

I loved The Hunter, I personally think it's the best rock album of the past 10 years.
Apothecary - 13.05.2013 at 00:40
Written by tea[m]ster on 07.05.2013 at 16:00

Hope it's better than The Hunter. That's right, I said it.

I wouldn't say I hope it's better, just different. The progressive elements were good on Crack The Skye, taken to a very mature and multi-layered dimension. On The Hunter those elements were still there, but a little more accessible, which kinda dumbed down the album a bit for me. I'm really hoping they return to something of the Blood Mountain sound, that in my opinion was the transition period from their harsher, sludge-ier early albums and the more proggy territory that they're in now, so it was almost like a perfect fusion of each.
Velvet Thorns - 27.07.2013 at 02:53
It's not coming out this year, it is?
Bad English - 27.07.2013 at 02:57
Written by Velvet Thorns on 27.07.2013 at 02:53

It's not coming out this year, it is?

article didnt say it
Velvet Thorns - 27.07.2013 at 12:54
Written by Bad English on 27.07.2013 at 02:57

article didnt say it

yeah, that's why i asked...

News Mastodon - Unveil New Album Cover Artwork And More 7.5 29.04.2014 by Rasa
News Gojira - New Album Update, To Enter Studio After Mastodon Tour 7 07.07.2014 by Ilham
News The Project Hate MCMXCIX - New Album Update 5.5 06.06.2010 by arj