Metal Storm logo
Exodus

17.05.2006 - 05:55
Mega-Slayer
Have to have an official thread for these guys.I believe I speak on behalf of most metalheads when I say you must have Bonded By Blood in your collection.Paul Baloff(R.I.P) has such great screeching vocals it sucks he was only on one album.Who is your fav. vocalist form Exodus?Was Paul,Steve or the new guy Rob.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
18.05.2006 - 01:14
__Az__
Yeh, you must have Bonded By Blood... Although I also like Fabulous Disaster and more recent albums such as Shovel Headed Kill Machine...
I dont think the new guys vocals are half band, infact Id rate high highly against the rest...
19.05.2006 - 13:44
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Exodus - Gary Holt Speaks About Bands New Sound and Lineup :

antiMUSIC's Morley Seaver spoke with Gary Holt leader of thrash legends Exodus before their recent Montreal concert. Here's what Gary had to say:

antiMusic: Overall, how has the sound of Exodus in 2006 compare to any lineups of the past?

Gary Holt: Good question. Exodus at their peak with the original line up was as good as it gets. But the bottom line is there were certain members who were no longer anywhere near their peak. Tom was, like, before he had his, you know, full-on nervous breakdown and stuff he was, you know, starting to doubt how long he could continue to play this kind of music. This stuff was starting to take its toll on his body, so he wasn't able to, you know always keep the aggression levels as high as I wanted, and as high as Paul can, and Rick with his drug problems, it was, you know, his lead playing was okay, his rhythm playing was terrible. And like now this band has never been as tight as it is now.

You can read the whole interview here.

(Source : http://www.rocknworld.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
20.05.2006 - 07:54
Mega-Slayer
Written by Thryce on 19.05.2006 at 13:44

Exodus - Gary Holt Speaks About Bands New Sound and Lineup :

antiMUSIC's Morley Seaver spoke with Gary Holt leader of thrash legends Exodus before their recent Montreal concert. Here's what Gary had to say:

antiMusic: Overall, how has the sound of Exodus in 2006 compare to any lineups of the past?

Gary Holt: Good question. Exodus at their peak with the original line up was as good as it gets. But the bottom line is there were certain members who were no longer anywhere near their peak. Tom was, like, before he had his, you know, full-on nervous breakdown and stuff he was, you know, starting to doubt how long he could continue to play this kind of music. This stuff was starting to take its toll on his body, so he wasn't able to, you know always keep the aggression levels as high as I wanted, and as high as Paul can, and Rick with his drug problems, it was, you know, his lead playing was okay, his rhythm playing was terrible. And like now this band has never been as tight as it is now.

You can read the whole interview here.

(Source : http://www.rocknworld.com)

Thanks for the link Thryce.
----

20.05.2006 - 11:50
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Exodus is one of the best thrash metal bands.Bonded By Blood is a classic thrash masterpiece.I think that their new album Shovel Headed Kill Machine is very good.
20.05.2006 - 12:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I don't really like them, for some reason. I've got (on pc) the albums Bonded By Blood & Shovel Headed Kill Machine, and neither of them did something for me. I really don't know why, if you all like them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2006 - 12:43
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Im not too much of a fan of Exodus. When compared to some of the other great Thrash metal acts around, they just dont do it for me. I especially dont like the vocals on their older albums and the one album i can stand would be Shovel Headed Killing Machine.
20.05.2006 - 12:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Agree with Mother-Anorexia. I prefer Kreator, Destruction, Pantera.. aah well. They are enjoyable anyway..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.05.2006 - 17:59
__Az__
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 12:43

Im not too much of a fan of Exodus. When compared to some of the other great Thrash metal acts around, they just dont do it for me. I especially dont like the vocals on their older albums and the one album i can stand would be Shovel Headed Killing Machine.

Tempo Of The Damned is similar.... Its a great album aswell... I agree with you on the more recent albums are better thing though...
21.05.2006 - 04:56
Mega-Slayer
Written by Guest on 20.05.2006 at 12:43

It takes time to get used to Pauls screeching vocals and Steve Souza has quite a unique voice as well.When I first heard Bonded By Blood I didn't really care for it,but gave it a second chance and now I love it.
----

21.05.2006 - 18:41
Baz Anderson
Staff
i first got into Exodus and then kinda forgot them for ages
but latley i have been listening to 'Tempo Of The Damned' and 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' a lot - and they are realyl fantastic albums in my opinion
i cant wait for more, even though it will probably be a while
the new line-up sounds just right to me
21.05.2006 - 18:44
__Az__
Written by Baz Anderson on 21.05.2006 at 18:41

i first got into Exodus and then kinda forgot them for ages
but latley i have been listening to 'Tempo Of The Damned' and 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' a lot - and they are realyl fantastic albums in my opinion
i cant wait for more, even though it will probably be a while
the new line-up sounds just right to me

Yeh, same... I think the new line up sounds great.... IMO, they really have their sound defined...
22.05.2006 - 01:06
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Ill have to give their more recent albums a bit more of a spin then.
22.05.2006 - 07:23
Thrashin Pyro
Account deleted
I like Exodus old stuff, as well as "Tempo...". However, I don't like "Shovel..." that much, and Im not very glad with Exodus' new singer, Rob Dukes, he sounds like Steve Souza, only that soooooo much worse, being Souza one of the greatest, if not the greatest thrash singer out there. Anyhow, you can't deny "Bonded by Blood" is a must have for any metalhead.
PD: RIP Paul, RIP
23.05.2006 - 01:21
Mega-Slayer
Seriously though how can you not like Bonded By Blood it jam packed full great solos and Pauls great screeching vocals and awesome satanic lyrics,what more can you ask for.
----

23.05.2006 - 02:23
Tobias P
Account deleted
Bonded by Blood is maby the best debut thrash record IMO, and yes thsi band is fuckling killer. I haven't heard the new guy rob so it is hard for me to speak about his voice. But i think i prefer Steve "Zetro" Souza on the vocals.
23.05.2006 - 02:34
Hybrid_Killer
Account deleted
Awesome band.

Lately I've been preferring Rob Dukes' vocals to the others....though this changes on a regular basis.
29.05.2006 - 17:47
kackbratze
Hmm Exodus... I have "Bonded by Blood", "Tempo of the Damned" and "Shovel Headed Kill Machine". Although I like them all, I only listen to TotD from time to time. They are all great though...
05.06.2006 - 10:57
mvikred
a great thrash band ... i love thier albums 'bonded by blood' and the recent 'tempo of the damned' .. their latest album ' the shovel headed kill machine' is also an amazing album . though this band's members are really old, it doesnt reflect a bit in the music they make. a great band, a thrash classic i'd say.
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
05.06.2006 - 18:53
Megadeth88
Exodus is probably one of the greatest thrash bands ever. I've liked everyone one of their albums. Suck that Steve Souza fucked over Gary Holt bad, but that's his fault. Well the new guy Rob is a bad ass vocalist. And their new album "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" is a classic thrash album.
20.06.2006 - 07:45
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
Exodus is one of my all time favorite bands. I've heard all their stuff from 4 different vocalists. Paul, Zetro, the new guy Rob Dukes, and Steev Esquivel (live) when they toured with Megadeth back in 04. That was an awesome show with Exodus playing all sorts of great songs from A Lesson in Violence, to Scar Spangled Banner, to the classic Toxic Waltz. I think Zetro has the best vocals for the band's style, but I have enjoyed them all thoughly. My favorite album is Fabulous Disaster (probably because of Cajun Hell) Tempo of the Damned was in my top 3 albums of 2004.

I just picked up Shovel Headed Kill Machine today and I love it. I think the second half of the album is a bit stronger than the first, but great all around. Paul Bostaph's drumming really made an impact on the rest of the guys, especially Gary. One of the coolest things about the record was how strong Jack's bass was. It gave the album a lot of meat. But alas, I have the domestic (U.S.) version that doesn't have the hidden bonus track. If anybody has the bonus track I would be really grateful if you could send it to me I really look forward to seeing this new lineu hopefully in the near future.
22.07.2006 - 17:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I've been listening to Shovel Headed Kill Machine, and now I love it. Bonded By Blood still doesn't do anything for me.. the vocals, I don't like those..
----

22.07.2006 - 20:27
Mordack
Account deleted
Bonded by Blood is good, but not great for me. It might just be because of the production. I love the last two albums though (Tempo and Shovel).
23.07.2006 - 19:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
yes. everyone seems to go on about how good 'Bonded By Blood' is
it would have been such a good album in its day, back in 1985 - but i think their last two albums are both better then it
i like this new Exodus a lot more
02.08.2006 - 02:32
Thrash666
This is a hard choice.
I like all three of the voclaist. Well I use to like "Zetro" a lot, but when he pulled all that bullshit before he was fire a few years back i lost a lot of respect for him. Don't get me wrong he is an amazing vocalist and i think he was the best on "Fabulous Disaster" especially on the tracks "Toxic Waltz" (classic Exodus song) and "Like Father Like Son".
Paul was just an amazing vocalist and if you are into thrash,or into any kind of metal, who must own "Bonded by Blood". IMO it ranks with great thrash albums like "Master of Puppets" and "Reign in Blood".
And the new guy, Rob, i think kicks ass. "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" is a fucking siccccccck album!!!!!!!!! I hope they come back to the bay area so i can see them again.
R.I.P Paul Baloff
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
04.08.2006 - 23:49
AniroN
Account deleted
One of my favourite bands. Yeah, Rob kicks ass. Man, I saw them live - he's sick. He was showing us his snots all the time. It was somehow funny.
Shovel Headed Kill Machine is my favourite.
05.08.2006 - 20:53
J.W.G.
Account deleted
I've seen Exodus live with the new guy... One of the best concerts of my life. I never get enough of Bonded By Blood.
06.08.2006 - 01:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 05.08.2006 at 20:53

I've seen Exodus live with the new guy... One of the best concerts of my life. I never get enough of Bonded By Blood.

You wanna tell exodus was in Estonia? when, where was I?

And actualy I like Exodus from 80ties, I had seen 2 videos from last album and I dont like them, not my style of thrash, I perefer old school
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.08.2006 - 04:16
Mega-Slayer
Written by Bad English on 06.08.2006 at 01:49

And actualy I like Exodus from 80ties, I had seen 2 videos from last album and I dont like them, not my style of thrash, I perefer old school

I am with you, 80ties was the shit,nothing can top it!
----

06.08.2006 - 18:33
J.W.G.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 06.08.2006 at 01:49

Yeah, Exodus was in Estonia (Tartu) last fall. Tracklist was old-school