Metal Storm logo
Exodus

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 17.05.2006 - 05:55
Have to have an official thread for these guys.I believe I speak on behalf of most metalheads when I say you must have Bonded By Blood in your collection.Paul Baloff(R.I.P) has such great screeching vocals it sucks he was only on one album.Who is your fav. vocalist form Exodus?Was Paul,Steve or the new guy Rob.
06.08.2006 - 18:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I don't really like Bonded By Blood either. Though I am getting more and more into newer Exodus, so I might buy SHKM someday soon.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.08.2006 - 19:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.08.2006 at 18:33

Written by Bad English on 06.08.2006 at 01:49

Written by Guest on 05.08.2006 at 20:53

I've seen Exodus live with the new guy... One of the best concerts of my life. I never get enough of Bonded By Blood.

You wanna tell exodus was in Estonia? when, where was I?

And actualy I like Exodus from 80ties, I had seen 2 videos from last album and I dont like them, not my style of thrash, I perefer old school

Yeah, Exodus was in Estonia (Tartu) last fall. Tracklist was old-school

When, How I miss it, stupid quasten thay was in Riga to
Track lists ojk, but band still dont locks loke in old days
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.08.2006 - 19:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Kariasakis7: What does 'locks loke' mean? Are you trying to say that they lack that energy and kick-ass nature from the old days? If that's what you meant then you're so right man...Exodus just isn't the same now then how they were in the 80s as well as all the member changes they went through and all that...
06.08.2006 - 22:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 06.08.2006 at 19:57

@Kariasakis7: What does 'locks loke' mean? Are you trying to say that they lack that energy and kick-ass nature from the old days? If that's what you meant then you're so right man...Exodus just isn't the same now then how they were in the 80s as well as all the member changes they went through and all that...

From previous posts, I also thought it meant: 'looks like'. Could be just me though.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.10.2006 - 12:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.08.2006 at 19:57

I mean locks like and well you just say IMO too about them I like for example ''Toxic Waltz'' video, so f*en happy and same nasty thay was now thay are lil like devil from one Sout park episode and I saw video ''Dead day ha scome'' or somethin, its not Exodus anymore
----

apos;'
[image]
28.11.2006 - 07:27
crown
Account deleted
This band are or used to be the unsung heroes of thrash metal, Bonded is an amazing album as is the next 2. I don't know how the new one is Tempo of the Damned or something??
29.11.2006 - 06:10
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I love Exodus. My favorite Vocalist was Steve Souza, But quite frankly I don't listen to them mainly for vocals, I mainly listen to them for their insane guitar/drumming. I think that it's a real shame what happened to Terry Hunt, because he was among their better drummers. Tempo of the Danmed and Bonded by Blood are great albums, I also really wanna get Pleasures of the flesh.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
24.02.2007 - 08:49
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
I liked Paul the most (R.I.P.), I guess I think that because you very rarley encounter singing styles like his nowadays.
16.03.2007 - 05:51
blackmagic567
Account deleted
And then there were none is one of my favorite songs EVER
17.03.2007 - 07:02
FTW
Account deleted
I guess when I think of Exodus I think of Souza, his voice had a perfect fit with all Exodus songs. So I prefer Souza, but I do own BBB and Baloff is such a great vocalist, one of the best screamers for sure. As for Dukes? He isnt bad, but his voice sounds the same in every song, he needs to practise his vocals alot.

Gary Holt is so underratted has a guitarist. This man knows how to write a solo, I feel he needs more recognition.
17.03.2007 - 16:35
SteTech
Saw Exodus back in November and was one of the best gigs I'd been to. Ironically Slayer were playing about 30 miles away at the same time, so not surprisingly there were not many people at this gig.

It took me a while to appreciate BBB, but it's now one of my fave thrash albums, great stuff!
21.08.2007 - 23:45
Annihilatrix
Account deleted
I have to say I like Rob Dukes better then Zetro and Baloff. I can't wait for their latest album.
26.08.2007 - 00:43
Inlé
Fantastic band, I honestly can't say I dislike any of their albums.

Faves are BBB, Tempo of the Damned and Fabulous Disaster.

Fave songs are Changing of the Guard, The Toxic Waltz (classic thrasher if there ever was one), The Last act of Defiance and Culling the Herd.
28.08.2007 - 13:13
Sunioj
Man exodus fucking rules...its just straightforward, unpussy, catchy thrash metal. I have shovel headed kill machine and temp of the damned, I haven't decided which I like better, but tempo is just really badass.
29.08.2007 - 15:36
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The following update was posted on Nuclear Blast website:

"Set to go into production in September, San Francisco's pioneer thrashers Exodus will be shooting a video for the song "Riot Act" off their upcoming new album The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A slated for release in North America on October 23, 2007.

The video director for "Riot Act" will be none other than Jon Schnepp. Known most recently for his work on Metalocalypse (an animated program about Dethklok, the world's most popular death metal band) on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, the show has been described as "Spinal Tap meets Scooby Doo meets Norway." Schnepp is responsible for the character design of the five Dethklok members, directs the majority of the Metalocalypse episodes for each season, and works closely with the show's co-creators/writers Brendon Small and Tommy Blacha."

Exodus guitarist Gary Holt has this to say about the shoot:

"Having the opportunity to work with Jon on our video for 'Riot Act' is going to be amazing. Having just recently done our own guest appearance on Metalocalypse, we went out on a limb and asked Jon if he'd shoot our video. When he said yes, we were stoked to say the least. The ideas that he's come up with promise to make this our best video ever! I usually hate making videos, but this time I'm actually excited about it! It will be unique, and of course, it will be heavy!"
29.08.2007 - 18:01
shaggy
Bonded by Blood: one of the landmark albums of thrash metal --
30.08.2007 - 05:23
selken
Irreligious
I think that the newer exodus material is better...
Tempo of the Damned: for me, the best album of modern thrash, all is great on it
----
25.09.2007 - 19:44
?Master?
Account deleted
exodus is fukin awesome
i wonder what they woulda been like if hammett never left????
30.09.2007 - 22:43
Too many fail.
SHKM and TOTD slay most modern thrash as well as their older material. Bonded by blood has one of the worst choruses ever :C
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
25.10.2007 - 00:28
Ereinion'
Account deleted
I hate Paul Baloff voice, Souza sounded good on the studio and live cd but he sounds just to much like that guy from ac/dc so in my opinion the best vocalist is Dukes he does a good job sounding like the other guys and he fits very good in the new exodus sound.

here you can see Robs car ''tips''
25.10.2007 - 05:16
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
I really prefer the more recent stuff. SHKM is one killer album
10.11.2007 - 05:23
Torture Killer
Account deleted
exodus is awsome, definetly prefer the early stuff more. souza had some great stuff with exodus and is the better singer but you can't deny bonded by blood. the stuff with dukes just isn't my style, but still quality music.
12.11.2007 - 11:40
-Nowitzki-7
Account deleted
exodus are great i like them a lot
i like their first albums, they rule
12.11.2007 - 22:15
Charly546
Bounded by Blood is one of the best thrash albums I know. The solos, the riffs, the vocals, the...everything is really over the top plus its a whole barrel of fun too.

Modern Exodus... Meh, better than most modern stuff but the squeaky clean production is a big turnoff for me, it's like they changed their energy for production
26.11.2007 - 11:13
Woutjinho
Account deleted
I bought Bonded By Blood yesterday at some metalmarket
26.11.2007 - 11:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.11.2007 at 11:40

i like their first albums, they rule

only first albums i love of band IMO after 1990 thay lost somewhere and I dot like them aftre
----

apos;'
[image]
29.11.2007 - 04:13
ArcanaHereticae
Bonded By Blood is the shit. So is Shovel-Headed Kill Machine.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
29.11.2007 - 14:53
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 29.11.2007 at 04:13

Bonded By Blood is the shit. So is Shovel-Headed Kill Machine.

Very successful firs post
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.11.2007 - 11:40
Woutjinho
Account deleted
you know what he thinks, so whats the problem
03.12.2007 - 01:05
ArcanaHereticae
Ooooh. And that was to diminish me in any way? I believe it was a good first post. If not, how do you suggest I should've went about it?
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.