Metal Storm logo
Exodus

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 17.05.2006 - 05:55
Have to have an official thread for these guys.I believe I speak on behalf of most metalheads when I say you must have Bonded By Blood in your collection.Paul Baloff(R.I.P) has such great screeching vocals it sucks he was only on one album.Who is your fav. vocalist form Exodus?Was Paul,Steve or the new guy Rob.
26.08.2008 - 22:56
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.08.2008 at 22:52

I don't have a problem with Rob at all since he is in the line of Souza. As being limited in range and versatility, he has a larger range and is more versatile than both Balloff & Souza, but those two had more characteristic voices. My problem with both Shovelheaded & Atrocity is the music which isn't varied at all, unlike their older songs, and the songs are way too long for the ideas used in them, unlike those on their older albums.

Indeed, the new songs are too long and unfortunately it waters down their live performances a bit as well. But oh well.
Yeh, you are right - I like to hear really original voices (as long as they aren't bad! haha) with anything I listen to really, that is part of the appeal to bands like Artillery and Vio-lence in the thrash department for me.
26.08.2008 - 23:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.08.2008 at 22:56

I don't have a problem with Rob at all since he is in the line of Souza. As being limited in range and versatility, he has a larger range and is more versatile than both Balloff & Souza, but those two had more characteristic voices. My problem with both Shovelheaded & Atrocity is the music which isn't varied at all, unlike their older songs, and the songs are way too long for the ideas used in them, unlike those on their older albums.

I like to hear really original voices (as long as they aren't bad! haha) with anything I listen to really, that is part of the appeal to bands like Artillery and Vio-lence in the thrash department for me.

Those, plus also demo era Testament (when they were called The Legacy) and of course old balloff and Souza era Exodus, Holy Terror too, very old Overkill, Sacred Reich, old Flotsam & Jetsam, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica, Dark Angel... all those bands had vocalists you could instantly recognize.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.08.2008 - 23:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

Indeed, the new songs are too long and unfortunately it waters down their live performances a bit as well. But oh well.

Yeah when I saw them the first three songs they played were from Exhibit A. Goddammit it took like 20 minutes before they played something good.
27.08.2008 - 00:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 26.08.2008 at 23:57

Yeah when I saw them the first three songs they played were from Exhibit A. Goddammit it took like 20 minutes before they played something good.

Yep, that bored me too tears in April and last July as well. And the problem is that they play almost the exact same setlist all the time, ot even varying the order of the songs.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.08.2008 - 05:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Oh great, Andy Sneap is mixing and mastering Let There Be Blood. So at least we know the drums are going to sound like shit.
02.09.2008 - 21:30
accursed
Account deleted
Paul is the true legend. The others are good. Paul was fucking great.
02.09.2008 - 22:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 02.09.2008 at 21:30

Paul is the true legend. The others are good. Paul was fucking great.

Let's all bow down to the man who died on 02-02-02
Like you said: A true legend. He reminds me of John Belushi in Animal House.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2008 - 05:03
Demonmayonnaise
I just listened to Bonded By Blood for the first time today, and I love it. Paul is a true legend, great powerful voice. Has anyone heard let there be blood yet? I wonder how it compares.
11.11.2008 - 05:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 11.11.2008 at 05:03

I just listened to Bonded By Blood for the first time today, and I love it. Paul is a true legend, great powerful voice. Has anyone heard let there be blood yet? I wonder how it compares.

I haven't heard Let There Be Blood from beginning to end, but I wasn't impressed enough to buy it from the songs I heard. Sure the production is better, but it doesn't sound as fun as the original. Plus, I think they slowed things down a little. I'm not sure if they still have them up, but Exodus at least had three songs from Let There Be Blood on their MySpace page.
11.11.2008 - 07:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 11.11.2008 at 05:26

I haven't heard Let There Be Blood from beginning to end, but I wasn't impressed enough to buy it from the songs I heard. Sure the production is better, but it doesn't sound as fun as the original. Plus, I think they slowed things down a little. I'm not sure if they still have them up, but Exodus at least had three songs from Let There Be Blood on their MySpace page.

Are the drums as shitty as you predicted?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.11.2008 - 10:12
Hellish Star
"Let there be blood" is good album with, of course, awesome songs and a good production. The only thing I miss is the magic from the original...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.11.2008 - 13:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I am planning to buy Let There Be Blood because with this release Exodus will finally get some money off those songs. ALL the re-releases and also the first original pressing (were ripped off by their record label at the time) didn't make them a single penny cause the rights to the original recordings are now with Century Media and they don't pay Exodus a single cent apparently.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.11.2008 - 19:32
Demonmayonnaise
Im most likeyly going to buy it. Shit, its Exodus, and Bonded was a kick ass album. Im sure this one will be pretty kick ass as well.
11.11.2008 - 23:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 11.11.2008 at 07:25

Written by Dangerboner on 11.11.2008 at 05:26

Are the drums as shitty as you predicted?

Nah, the drum production sounds good enough to me. Usually Andy Sneap bastardizes the bass drum, but they sound fine here.

I guess I'm a little indecisive if I'll buy it.
14.11.2008 - 02:48
accursed
Account deleted
Force of habit was ok. Half of the songs were very good, but the album cover was as good as a sesemee street kid finger painting and the 2 cover songs were pathetic. Why the fuck did they sellout and pick a rolling stones and elvis costello song. That was retarded. Anyway, bonded by blood is as equal as any metal album ever. Paul was the best.
14.11.2008 - 02:59
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I heard something about them covering the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme. I NEED to acquire that.... I NEED IT!!!!
----
Coldgrits
14.11.2008 - 03:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No, Bonded by Blood covered that song.
14.11.2008 - 17:49
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Yes, not the Exodus album but a thrash band with the same name as the album -> Bonded by Blood.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
25.04.2009 - 10:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hmm it seems that 7 years ago today Paul Baloff died. i heard he was pretty zealous about his music, anyone have a quotes page or something?
26.04.2009 - 16:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 25.04.2009 at 10:13

Hmm it seems that 7 years ago today Paul Baloff died. i heard he was pretty zealous about his music, anyone have a quotes page or something?

Whatever gave you the idea he passed away on April 25 2002?
He passed away on February 2 2002.
I think it is birthdate on April 25 (not sure though)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.04.2009 - 17:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.04.2009 at 16:45

oh lol yeah i didn't see it too clearly.. still, what did the guy say/do in the name of metal?
26.04.2009 - 17:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 26.04.2009 at 17:03

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.04.2009 at 16:45

oh lol yeah i didn't see it too clearly.. still, what did the guy say/do in the name of metal?

Imagine John Belushi in Animal House but then a thrash version of that guy.
Btw watch Get Thrashed and you'll know what he did...
He is the one that phrased Death To Posers concerning Glam Bands. He even cut off their fringes from their jackets and sometimes also their hair
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.04.2009 - 18:13
symbolic727
I would have to say Paul without question Bounded By Blood is in my opinion the best tthrash metal record of all time for me it does not get much better than that record. RIP Paul you where the man.:banger:
19.05.2009 - 15:25
Rattlehead.cz
Yeah, one of my favourite thrash metal bands.
I like the old albums too, but for me the new albums (Tempo of the damned, Shovel headed kill machine, Exhibition of atrocity) are better, these albums really kill and I love them for showing, that thrash is still alive!
My favourite Exodus-vocalist is Steven Souza.
19.05.2009 - 17:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.11.2008 at 13:34

I am planning to buy Let There Be Blood because with this release Exodus will finally get some money off those songs. ALL the re-releases and also the first original pressing (were ripped off by their record label at the time) didn't make them a single penny cause the rights to the original recordings are now with Century Media and they don't pay Exodus a single cent apparently.

yeah but even today bands never earn money from albums. why then would you do that??? (i ask because you said that you'd do it for support)...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.05.2009 - 18:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 17:43

yeah but even today bands never earn money from albums. why then would you do that??? (i ask because you said that you'd do it for support)...

Bands DO earn money off their albums nowadays, but some earn more playing live. Even a beginning bands get some money off album sales, albeit very little. If bands own the copyrights to their songs they recieve money for it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.05.2009 - 18:07
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 18:01

Bands DO earn money off their albums nowadays, but some earn more playing live. Even a beginning bands get some money off album sales, albeit very little. If bands own the copyrights to their songs they recieve money for it.

yeah but from 15 euros you'll give how many are going to them????
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.05.2009 - 19:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 18:07

Even if it is only 10 cents then at least they get 10 cents. But I am sure they get more then 10 cents for each sold copy of the re-release.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.05.2009 - 20:11
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 19:11

Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 18:07

Even if it is only 10 cents then at least they get 10 cents. But I am sure they get more then 10 cents for each sold copy of the re-release.

even if they get 2 euros or 3 or 4 or 5 why should we (all the people who want to have an album in our collection) give the other 10, 11, 12 etc in the record companies.. this is why i tell you that. they are decievers......
----
19.05.2009 - 20:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 20:11

even if they get 2 euros or 3 or 4 or 5 why should we (all the people who want to have an album in our collection) give the other 10, 11, 12 etc in the record companies.. this is why i tell you that. they are decievers......

So you're suggesting that ALL the money should go to a band? Pleas wake up and enter the real world.

Record companies do spend money on bands, paying their recording costs, promotional costs, the distributional costs of the cd etc. etc.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996