Metal Storm logo
Hypocrisy

06.07.2006 - 03:03
Southern Wind
Account deleted
If there is ONE band that had been inportant for me in my Metal life, it's Hypocrisy.

I think Peter Tägtgren is the most creative Metal musician, and their self-titled album is the best stuff ever written in Extreme Metal... there's not other album even similar to it, and it's the perfect mix between thrill, horror, sadness and aggression...

I was introduced to this band through Abducted, the album with which they began to straight-forward experiment, creating a very unique sound and with all those imaginery based in aliens and unknown shit in general, which is pretty well done and it's very scary... then I passed to "Into The Abyss", that actually is one of my least favourite Hypocrisy albums because there's like no change between many songs, but it still has two of my all times favourite songs by the band: "Blinded" and specially the extraordinary, epic and blood-chilling "Fire In The Sky"

Right now I'm obsessed by almost every single album they had made, from the brutal Death beginnings with Masse Bromberg on the vocals to the kind of Gothemburg sound of "Virus"...

what more can I say??? this band is just... over-the-top
06.07.2006 - 03:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This band doesn't really do it for me on cd, but they are fucking amazing live. I've seen them twice now and they put on a great show.
06.07.2006 - 03:35
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've only heard 'Destroyed' and for a period of time it was my favirote song. I really should get into them more, any reccomendations for favirote songs?
06.07.2006 - 06:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.07.2006 at 03:35

I've only heard 'Destroyed' and for a period of time it was my favirote song. I really should get into them more, any reccomendations for favirote songs?

Destroyed is a great song, but not really representative of what Hypocrisy is... "Catch 22" had been by far their most criticized album, because of the modern -called them nu- Metal elements added, and if you check anything from other albums you'll be really surprised... I won't recommend you isolated songs, but try their self-titled album... is the best disc eve written...
06.07.2006 - 06:27
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Virus in an amazing album, I've got that and The Arrivial (the only standout track on that being Eraser I thought). Tagtgren is a great vocalist.
06.07.2006 - 06:41
Rosanna
Account deleted
The Arrival for me. seems to be the least good than the past albums they got.

I mean I love Hypocrisy.. so much.. Its such ashamed that they have no shows here in Philippines
06.07.2006 - 07:13
Stigmatized
Interesting group, Hypocrisy is. I agree with Southern Wind, Peter is a very creative musician. I love Hypocrisy's material a lot, but I also enjoy his project Pain.....though Pain gets a lot of bad feedback.
06.07.2006 - 07:29
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I dislike Pain myself, I think it's rather lame... I listened to "Dancing With The Dead" and I would had never thought that Peter Tägtgren was able to do such a shitty thing.
06.07.2006 - 07:34
Stigmatized
I find Pain amusing more than anything really. Other than that, a lot of it is catchy.
03.08.2006 - 02:40
Gefahr
his side black metal project is cool too, called The Abyss traditional old school black metal....well they only have 2 records and they no longer exist but if you're a Hypocrisy fan you will dig into his extinct side project....

there is no doubt peter is a fucking genius I love Hypocrisy I have all their albums; I even like Pain
----
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!!!!
03.08.2006 - 05:34
Endoftherainbow
Hypocrisy is one of my favorite bands I can't get enough of them and think all of their records are great. Peter is a genius he writes such great riffs and melodies. My favorite Hypocrisy album is Abducted. I'm seeing them live in November and I'm really looking forward to it because I've heard alot of great things about their live preformace.
05.08.2006 - 03:14
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
I like them. Not crazy about them but they are a good band. Tagtgren is a guy who knows how to compose music, he has composed some really good riffs. I think that their last album "Virus" is their best, it's Hypocrisy but with an amazing drummer, Horgh (Immortal).
06.08.2006 - 01:12
Stigmatized
After listening through their discography again, I have to say their self-titled album is their best. An incredible piece of work.
06.08.2006 - 01:40
Maim
Ahhh, a great band. I always loved Peter's vocals, his range is pretty impressive. I really enjoyed Virus, but it's hard for me to really say which album is my fave because Hypocrisy's albums tend to be more or less different from each other. At the moment I've been listening alot to the Fourth Dimension, the self-titled, Into The Abyss, and Osculum Obscenum (which I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned yet ).
----
Friends will help you move... REAL friends will help you move bodies...
07.08.2006 - 18:40
evolution-theory
Account deleted
I think hypocrisy's sound is very good.Especially I like Abducted album.
12.08.2006 - 04:41
Conemetal
Peter Tägtgren is a genius. Each Hypocrisy's album is a surprise: after the pure death metal of their first four albums, introduced some melody and brilliant black metal touches in "The Final Chapter", "Hypocrisy" is aggressive again, "Catch 22" is disconcerting, it sounds some industrial, but has great music and "Virus" more strong and aggressive than "The Arrival". I knew and I like Hypocrisy since I got the "10 Years of Chaos and Confusion", is one of my fav bands.
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
12.08.2006 - 23:54
Vrana
Yeah, it's a great band, and I must say, their concerts are amaizing the best one I've been to! Well, for me, favourite songs would be Erased, also Fire in the sky, The final chapter, Request Denied and Slipp'n Away but the best of all is Deathrow (No Regrets). And if I would choose album I mostly like....it would probably be Into the abyss.
I like this band because of the vocals and rhythm.
13.08.2006 - 20:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
"Virus" introduced me to this band in 2005. And it was a great start. After that I found out they had several other albums that I'm starting to listen to.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.08.2006 - 05:44
soilwork
Account deleted
This is a great band, the only albums i haven't heard is penetralia and the live one, the rest it's great l like them all! my favorites are: Abducted, Final chapter, Forth dimension and Virus!
16.08.2006 - 15:05
Sunioj
LOve them, have Virus and the final chapter, but I have a bunch of random songs from other albums, but the sad thing is that its so hard to find albums in this goddamn country...did anyone else get a DVD with Virus, and if they did what did they think about it?
16.08.2006 - 22:18
m3talxh3art
Account deleted
great band, i love them too
16.08.2006 - 22:51
Basso
Account deleted
I really like The arrival , but I highly dislike catch 22 , might sound strange but thats me ^^
16.08.2006 - 23:36
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 16.08.2006 at 22:51

I really like The arrival , but I highly dislike catch 22 , might sound strange but thats me ^^

No, not really. Alot of people don't like Catch 22.
17.08.2006 - 02:04
+++mr.nihil+++
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 16.08.2006 at 23:36

and that has a logical explnation... Catch 22 is IMO the only commercial album Hypocrisy ever wrote... I still enjoy it like everything by the band, but it's certainly their weaker.
17.08.2006 - 02:42
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 17.08.2006 at 02:04

and that has a logical explnation... Catch 22 is IMO the only commercial album Hypocrisy ever wrote... I still enjoy it like everything by the band, but it's certainly their weaker.

According to MA (which isn't exactly trustworthy), the band was " influenced by some new music,
especially Slipknot (which can explain the change in their sound.)" I'm guessing that's why it turned out commercial.
17.08.2006 - 05:08
+++mr.nihil+++
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 17.08.2006 at 02:42

According to MA (which isn't exactly trustworthy), the band was " influenced by some new music,
especially Slipknot (which can explain the change in their sound.)" I'm guessing that's why it turned out commercial.

It's also an interesting fact that "Catch 22" is the favourite Hypocrisy album of Peter Tägtgren himself... I personally think it's a bit generic, but much better than 99% of the thousands of Modern Metal releases released each year... a superior category...
17.08.2006 - 05:22
Stigmatized
I remember hearing something about that. It's not my favorite of theirs, but you do have a point.
07.09.2006 - 06:43
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Guitarist Andreas Holma has decided to leave the band I was just starting to get back into them aswell.

His response for leaving - "i'm not motivated anymore and want to concentrate on my own project and don't wanna tour anymore" scource www.hypocrisy.tv/

Well, if thats what his decision is i'll respect that. Best of luck to him, and to Hypocrisy trying to find another replacement this excellent guitarist

MS News:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=3294
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.09.2006 - 19:35
matos
Written by Guest on 17.08.2006 at 05:08

Written by Stigmatized on 17.08.2006 at 02:42

It's also an interesting fact that "Catch 22" is the favourite Hypocrisy album of Peter Tägtgren himself... I personally think it's a bit generic, but much better than 99% of the thousands of Modern Metal releases released each year... a superior category...

Hmm i will disagree on this one; I've read an interview with Peter in Metalhammer and when he was asked about the lowpoint of their/his career, he answered:"Around catch 22, when i hate everything and everybody!"
Well, i might have been his fav. album when it was released, but i think he got over it now.
The album is not as bad as most of the people say, it's just different and if you read the lyrics or/and understand Peter you notice that the ablum was not just a sell-out as it was called by cynics.
----
10.09.2006 - 01:33
Remus
I only have "The Arrival" but if the rest of their albums are as good as this then this is one good band! Born Dead Burried Alive is definately my favourite!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!