Metal Storm logo
Hypocrisy

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.07.2006 - 03:03
If there is ONE band that had been inportant for me in my Metal life, it's Hypocrisy.

I think Peter Tägtgren is the most creative Metal musician, and their self-titled album is the best stuff ever written in Extreme Metal... there's not other album even similar to it, and it's the perfect mix between thrill, horror, sadness and aggression...

I was introduced to this band through Abducted, the album with which they began to straight-forward experiment, creating a very unique sound and with all those imaginery based in aliens and unknown shit in general, which is pretty well done and it's very scary... then I passed to "Into The Abyss", that actually is one of my least favourite Hypocrisy albums because there's like no change between many songs, but it still has two of my all times favourite songs by the band: "Blinded" and specially the extraordinary, epic and blood-chilling "Fire In The Sky"

Right now I'm obsessed by almost every single album they had made, from the brutal Death beginnings with Masse Bromberg on the vocals to the kind of Gothemburg sound of "Virus"...

what more can I say??? this band is just... over-the-top
03.05.2007 - 23:03
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 02.05.2007 at 21:42

I bought Virus last week and it's awesome! I need more from Hypocrisy.

If you like Virus check out The arrival, and the self titled album...if you like those check out the final chapter and abducted...both really good albums, but alittle raw old school feeling imo. If you are a more straightforward DM fan, get penetralia, no doubt.
04.05.2007 - 13:41
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 03.05.2007 at 23:03

Written by Guest on 02.05.2007 at 21:42

I bought Virus last week and it's awesome! I need more from Hypocrisy.

If you like Virus check out The arrival, and the self titled album...if you like those check out the final chapter and abducted...both really good albums, but alittle raw old school feeling imo. If you are a more straightforward DM fan, get penetralia, no doubt.

I'll definitely look more into those. Thanks.
10.07.2007 - 22:50
Ryliuk
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 20.04.2007 at 01:16

Written by Guest on 20.04.2007 at 00:23

This is a great band, one couldn't expect less from Sweden, i think all their albums are good, I specially like the early Osculum Obsenum and Penetralia, but virus is good too. Recently i saw the Destroys Wacken concert and it's Awesome!!!! an hour of pure head banging and destruction!!! recomended.

HAve you ever seen the live show at straussburg? Its pretty damn good too, it came with the virus album...

Nop... only Destroys Wacken... but one gets the idea right?? I´ll see if I can find It on the web...
10.07.2007 - 22:56
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 10.07.2007 at 22:50

This is a great band, one couldn't expect less from Sweden, i think all their albums are good, I specially like the early Osculum Obsenum and Penetralia, but virus is good too. Recently i saw the Destroys Wacken concert and it's Awesome!!!! an hour of pure head banging and destruction!!! recomended.

HAve you ever seen the live show at straussburg? Its pretty damn good too, it came with the virus album...

Nop... only Destroys Wacken... but one gets the idea right?? I´ll see if I can find It on the web...

Doesnt Destroys at Wacken have a song that isnt released? I think its called fuck u...not sure though but I like that song..
10.07.2007 - 23:03
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 10.07.2007 at 22:56

Written by Guest on 10.07.2007 at 22:50

Doesnt Destroys at Wacken have a song that isnt released? I think its called fuck u...not sure though but I like that song..

That's a bonus track for their self-titled album... btw, some of the best Hypocrisy songs are bonus tracks (Slippin' Away, Lead By Satanism, The Beginning Of The End... Fuck You is also great)
10.07.2007 - 23:10
Sunioj
Ah really? Crap, I have their self titled but it doesnt have the bonus song, I donwloaded that song a loooonnng time ago (off limewire ) when I didnt even know who hypocrisy was.... Fractured millenium, time warp and fusion programmed minds are amazing songs..the self titled, is just, wow. ( IMO )

EDIT: I just noticed that Self incflicting overload was a bonus track off off the self titled.
10.07.2007 - 23:24
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I agree there was a fair amount of time in which I thought their s/t was the greatest album ever written
10.01.2008 - 13:27
Hamird
Lieutenant
Hyporisy is a 100% successful band and the reason is the most genius metal musician the world, Peter Tagtgren.
10.01.2008 - 19:41
Asat0r
Peter is one talented man. He plays every instrument for the recordings of all of Pain's albums (as far as I know), and he owns a town in Sweden. So far I've only listened to "Virus" and "The Arrival" by Hypocrisy, and I love both albums. I really need to get some more of their stuff.
11.01.2008 - 11:32
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Oh I havent listened to them in quite a while. Now I have that urge again.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.01.2008 - 17:15
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Asat0r on 10.01.2008 at 19:41

Peter is one talented man. He plays every instrument for the recordings of all of Pain's albums (as far as I know), and he owns a town in Sweden. So far I've only listened to "Virus" and "The Arrival" by Hypocrisy, and I love both albums. I really need to get some more of their stuff.

The village is called Parlby and it's near the Stockholm, and his great studio "The Abyss" is it that village.
in PAIN he performe all the instruments (Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards, DJ, and mixing and editing songs) ...
He is also a great producer. He has worked with many great bands like Dimmu Borgir, Dark Funeral, Immortal, Amon Amarth and so on.
He has joined Children of Bodom as keyboard player for their new album ...
He has a huge influnence in Scandinavia (which is the best metal zone)
so i respect him as the best musician.
I like most of his works but "The Arrival", "Virus" and "Catch 22" are Hypocrisy's first works imo.
and also many other songs from earlier albums like "Rowsell 47", "Unleash The Beast", "Fire in Sky", "Final Chapter" and so on.
12.01.2008 - 21:47
Sunioj
Written by Asat0r on 10.01.2008 at 19:41

Don't forget to give 'Penetralia' and 'Oscolum Obscenum' a shot. Two great straightforward old school releases.
16.01.2008 - 01:01
matos
does anyone know why the re-release/re-mastering or whatever of "catch 22" ?
----
06.02.2008 - 05:20
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by matos on 16.01.2008 at 01:01
does anyone know why the re-release/re-mastering or whatever of "catch 22" ?
Probably wants more money from the young kids. Officially, Tägtgren has said he thinks the only reason it was criticized is the sound of the drums and vocals (which are what is being re-recorded, I think) but we smart people know it sucked balls because of the songwriting and it's going to suck balls again.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.02.2008 - 12:41
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Syk on 06.02.2008 at 05:20

Probably wants more money from the young kids. Officially, Tägtgren has said he thinks the only reason it was criticized is the sound of the drums and vocals (which are what is being re-recorded, I think) but we smart people know it sucked balls because of the songwriting and it's going to suck balls again.

Perhaps you mean "Catch 22 euros" ?
06.02.2008 - 13:41
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by White Winter Sun on 06.02.2008 at 12:41
Perhaps you mean "Catch 22 euros" ?
Genius! I should have thought of that...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.02.2008 - 16:18
Sunioj
Initially, I would normally that Hypocrisy should waste the studio hours on making a new album, but if they are going to re-record an album, better make it one that is of lesser quality then the rest of the bands material.
08.02.2008 - 03:05
RockeRoy
I'm just getting into Hypocrisy, and i wonder what album is suposed to be their masterpiece?
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
08.02.2008 - 12:15
ylside
Staff
Written by RockeRoy on 08.02.2008 at 03:05

I'm just getting into Hypocrisy, and i wonder what album is suposed to be their masterpiece?

I think it's Abducted (1996) Check it out.
08.02.2008 - 22:23
Stuart
MiseryKing
Peter, is definitely one the greatest people in metal ever. Full stop. I like the way he has made an absolutely commercial band like Pain and yet still makes killer fucking Hypocrisy albums. A wise person.
09.02.2008 - 05:05
selken
Irreligious

And I recommend the self titled Hypocrisy, One of the best merges of melodic black and melodic death, I love that album, there are even eerie keyboards, for me that is their masterpiece, but if you come from death you should try Osculum Obscenum.

Written by Stuart on 08.02.2008 at 22:23

Peter, is definitely one the greatest people in metal ever. Full stop. I like the way he has made an absolutely commercial band like Pain and yet still makes killer fucking Hypocrisy albums. A wise person.

Yes!!! its like having a job and having a passion!!
----
09.02.2008 - 08:11
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by selken on 09.02.2008 at 05:05

And I recommend the self titled Hypocrisy, One of the best merges of melodic black and melodic death, I love that album, there are even eerie keyboards, for me that is their masterpiece, but if you come from death you should try Osculum Obscenum.

Yes The self-titled Hypocrisy album from '99 is one of my favorite albums, and one that I have a copy that permanently lives in my car To me it's one of the best mixtures of extreme metal with melody, ever.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
09.02.2008 - 08:44
Desertman
Account deleted
to me the arrival is there best so far
Tägtgren also works with bigger bands such as Celtic Frost, Destruction Therion Rotting Christ and Old Man's Child

btw guys try to listen to the intro of the song necronomicon from osculum obscenum album and the thrash metal band dark angel
also the intro of the song the burning of sodom from darkness descends and tell me what you think
09.02.2008 - 09:10
Sunioj
I like their melodeath releases more too. Moreso than the acclaimed 'old school' or first two releases. So naturally I would be inclined to recommend 'Virus', 'The Arrival', the self titled, and 'the final chapter' over anything. But Osculum Obscenum is an awesome album, the track 'Pleasure in Molestation' is eerie as hell.
09.02.2008 - 10:13
Desertman
Account deleted
the self titled could be there second best
18.02.2008 - 03:36
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Try Abducted and The Arrival to get a good feel of awsomness and how they changed.
----
Coldgrits
22.02.2008 - 15:41
NOИ
another good swedish melo-death metal band with nothing special.
05.03.2008 - 21:10
Unerly
Account deleted
Written by NOИ on 22.02.2008 at 15:41

Ya well, they had a paranormal-themed album, that's something different.
05.03.2008 - 22:06
NOИ
Written by Guest on 05.03.2008 at 21:10

Written by NOИ on 22.02.2008 at 15:41

Ya well, they had a paranormal-themed album, that's something different.

their image and music are nothing special, but their lyrics maybe...
06.03.2008 - 20:04
Sunioj
I agree, for me its not the imagery of alien life that attracts me ( not disregarding the awesome music ). Its the way he uses the lyrics of alien life to draw comparisons on the human race, IMO.