Metal Storm logo
Hypocrisy

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.07.2006 - 03:03
If there is ONE band that had been inportant for me in my Metal life, it's Hypocrisy.

I think Peter Tägtgren is the most creative Metal musician, and their self-titled album is the best stuff ever written in Extreme Metal... there's not other album even similar to it, and it's the perfect mix between thrill, horror, sadness and aggression...

I was introduced to this band through Abducted, the album with which they began to straight-forward experiment, creating a very unique sound and with all those imaginery based in aliens and unknown shit in general, which is pretty well done and it's very scary... then I passed to "Into The Abyss", that actually is one of my least favourite Hypocrisy albums because there's like no change between many songs, but it still has two of my all times favourite songs by the band: "Blinded" and specially the extraordinary, epic and blood-chilling "Fire In The Sky"

Right now I'm obsessed by almost every single album they had made, from the brutal Death beginnings with Masse Bromberg on the vocals to the kind of Gothemburg sound of "Virus"...

what more can I say??? this band is just... over-the-top
27.11.2006 - 13:00
crown
Account deleted
I like this album, and I have the album with the song Into the Abyss.... I liked that song the title track.....
Lovely band!
27.11.2006 - 15:06
Sunioj
Their slower stuff is so powerful, slave to the parasites, the final chapter, and deathrow are my suicide songs!
27.11.2006 - 21:44
Winter Death
Account deleted
Seeing these guys take the stage the other night was something to behold. Horgh came out first and got behind the drums. He threw up the horns and held them there while the whole audience returned the gesture in a sign a respect. Horgh could have sat there while drinking a beer, and it still would have been one of the most metal moments ever witnessed by man.
28.11.2006 - 23:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I know dude, Hypocrisy is amazing live. I've seen them twice and I'm about to see them a third time in a week or two. They don't really do it for me on cd (some stuff is amazing though) but they are indeed something to behold live.
29.11.2006 - 07:43
Winter Death
Account deleted
I agree man. They are much more impressive live than on an album. What tour are you seeing them on?
30.11.2006 - 02:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm seeing them on the Suffocation tour. I've also seen them on the Dark Tranquillity tour and the Nile tour. Hypocrisy showed up all of the bands.
30.11.2006 - 16:16
Sunioj
Listening to Virus on the way to work, pretty differrent from the arrival, but has some ass kicking tracks!! Scrutinized!
30.11.2006 - 22:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol I just listened to that on my way home from work last night. It's probably my favorite Hypocrisy album that I have.
12.12.2006 - 20:37
BrightNight
hypocrisy is an amazing band! I like them very much, one of my favourites deffinitely. Peter is one of the best musicians out there IMO.

I like most of there stuff. I think The Final Chapter is my fav album. I didnt hear this one much here....im a little amazed by that.

Ive also got the dvd live and clips. Its very cool to see Peter banging his head on "Inseminated Adoption".

Hypocrisy Destroys WACKEN!!!!:banger:
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
12.12.2006 - 20:56
Sunioj
Written by BrightNight on 12.12.2006 at 20:37

hypocrisy is an amazing band! I like them very much, one of my favourites deffinitely. Peter is one of the best musicians out there IMO.

I like most of there stuff. I think The Final Chapter is my fav album. I didnt hear this one much here....im a little amazed by that.

Ive also got the dvd live and clips. Its very cool to see Peter banging his head on "Inseminated Adoption".

Hypocrisy Destroys WACKEN!!!!:banger:

Dude, of course, The Final Chapter is a great album, Im alittle hesitant to say its my favorite, buts IMO more powerful than their recent stuff.
13.12.2006 - 03:58
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Well, I'm a BIG Hypocrisy fan, they steyed for long as my all times favourite, but I still can't really understand all the buzz around The Final Chapter, as I consider it a truly weak album... the melodic game is not well done, the guitars and druming sound alike all the time and Tägtgren doesn't give a convincing vocal performance, IMO... by the way, that was meant to be Hypocrisy's final album... I'm really glad they continued releasing awesome stuff after that dissapointment.
13.12.2006 - 15:37
Sunioj
Well if you look at that album from the context that their albums prior to that were more brutal, than yes it would a weak one, but I still think its a pretty good album, though a few songs were very similar in formula, there still is a couple of great songs IMO off that album.
13.12.2006 - 16:44
Southern Wind
Account deleted
well, I was refering to weak as quality, not intensity... and yes, there are awesome songs from that album... my favourite ones are Inseminated Adoption, Inquire Within and Request Denied
13.12.2006 - 17:38
Sunioj
My bad...
15.12.2006 - 11:58
morbid_freak
Account deleted
Hypocrisy is a great band, Peter Tägtgren voice is amazing!
15.12.2006 - 19:41
Mega-Slayer
Their first 2 releases catch my attention the most,not only cuz I prefer old school Death Metal,but they are most evil and heavy,and have very creative cover artwork.They really set themselves apart form other european death bands,not playing with the same old guitar sound that Carcass,Entombed and Dismember,their style was more in vein of the american scene.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
18.12.2006 - 16:23
Sunioj
I did notice that too, their first two sound alot more in the vein of floridian death metal rather than, lets say, entombed and dismember style.
18.12.2006 - 16:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
In terms of influences, Osculum Obscenum was far richer than Penetralia, Penetralia sounds for me like a darker and more occult version of Deicide... It is still one of my favourite Death Metal albums ever written, by the way, fighting hand to hand with Altars Of Madness, Diabolical Conquest or Nespithe...
18.12.2006 - 16:43
Southern Wind
Account deleted
by the way, apart from Deicide, the most important influence I hear in Penetralia is actually Swedish: Nihilist (pre-Entombed for the lowlife ignorants)
19.12.2006 - 16:15
alemalex
Account deleted
Peter Tägtgren is a Cool man.
Interestingly, he sometime sleeps?
And of cause, I like all that this Man do. Hypocrisy, Pain, and like a Producer.
20.12.2006 - 16:24
Sunioj
Peter either looks a insomniac or he just looks really fried!! The fact that he can also take the role of producer gives me more appreciation for his abilities.
20.12.2006 - 21:18
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 20.12.2006 at 16:24

Peter either looks a insomniac or he just looks really fried!! The fact that he can also take the role of producer gives me more appreciation for his abilities.

I still think he shouldn't concentrate in many things at once... the good Hypocrisy stuff had been written when he's exclusively into Hypocrisy, then when he started with Pain, The Abyss, singing in Bloodbath and all that shit nothing he did was particualy worthy...
20.12.2006 - 21:38
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 20.12.2006 at 21:18

I still think he shouldn't concentrate in many things at once... the good Hypocrisy stuff had been written when he's exclusively into Hypocrisy, then when he started with Pain, The Abyss, singing in Bloodbath and all that shit nothing he did was particualy worthy...

As a musician, yes, it would be much better to focus on one project rather than diluting your concentration on many differrent projects, Im not fond at all actually of Pain but I really like bloodbath. But what I said about him being a producer, Im also into sound tech alot so Im just being a fanboy.
20.12.2006 - 23:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 20.12.2006 at 21:38

Written by Guest on 20.12.2006 at 21:18

As a musician, yes, it would be much better to focus on one project rather than diluting your concentration on many differrent projects, Im not fond at all actually of Pain but I really like bloodbath. But what I said about him being a producer, Im also into sound tech alot so Im just being a fanboy.

By the way, when I said "The Abyss" I was refering to the band, not the studio... I agree that he's a good producer.
21.12.2006 - 15:08
Sunioj
I know...Im familiar with that project, but never heard it, is it any good?
21.12.2006 - 18:25
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Not especially... sounds like The Legion, which means a less worthy Marduk copy... not close to the evil atmosphere delivered in Hypocrisy's first albums.
20.04.2007 - 00:23
RYLIUK
Account deleted
This is a great band, one couldn't expect less from Sweden, i think all their albums are good, I specially like the early Osculum Obsenum and Penetralia, but virus is good too. Recently i saw the Destroys Wacken concert and it's Awesome!!!! an hour of pure head banging and destruction!!! recomended.

Try to find the album We are total War from W.A.R a "supergroup" and a geat side project from:
All (Vondur, Opthalamia) on vocals, Blackmoon (ex-Dark Funeral) on guitar, Impious (In Aeturnum) on bass and Lars Szoke (Hypocrisy) on drums, topped off with production courtesy of Peter Tagtgren and The Abyss.

Yeeeeeahhhhh Hear it Loud!!!!!
20.04.2007 - 01:16
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 20.04.2007 at 00:23

This is a great band, one couldn't expect less from Sweden, i think all their albums are good, I specially like the early Osculum Obsenum and Penetralia, but virus is good too. Recently i saw the Destroys Wacken concert and it's Awesome!!!! an hour of pure head banging and destruction!!! recomended.

HAve you ever seen the live show at straussburg? Its pretty damn good too, it came with the virus album...
02.05.2007 - 21:26
Vulture
Account deleted
Heh, my first Hypocrisy's song which I heard was Eraser. Gosh, and in the same moment I fell in love with Hypocrisy and still love them!!! And ever will.
Their music is fantastic. And all those melodies and lyrics..
And I agree that Peter Tagtgren is very creative because I compared his singing in Hypocrisy, PAIN and Bloodbath and woow!! It is incredible, how he can change his voice - from brutal growling up to melodic singing.
Cool.
They are my favourite and ever will be!!
02.05.2007 - 21:42
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
I bought Virus last week and it's awesome! I need more from Hypocrisy.