Metal Storm logo
Hypocrisy

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.07.2006 - 03:03
If there is ONE band that had been inportant for me in my Metal life, it's Hypocrisy.

I think Peter Tägtgren is the most creative Metal musician, and their self-titled album is the best stuff ever written in Extreme Metal... there's not other album even similar to it, and it's the perfect mix between thrill, horror, sadness and aggression...

I was introduced to this band through Abducted, the album with which they began to straight-forward experiment, creating a very unique sound and with all those imaginery based in aliens and unknown shit in general, which is pretty well done and it's very scary... then I passed to "Into The Abyss", that actually is one of my least favourite Hypocrisy albums because there's like no change between many songs, but it still has two of my all times favourite songs by the band: "Blinded" and specially the extraordinary, epic and blood-chilling "Fire In The Sky"

Right now I'm obsessed by almost every single album they had made, from the brutal Death beginnings with Masse Bromberg on the vocals to the kind of Gothemburg sound of "Virus"...

what more can I say??? this band is just... over-the-top
16.09.2009 - 17:56
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The official teaser for the band's forthcoming album, "A Taste Of Extreme Divinity", has just been made available online at this location.
17.09.2009 - 02:07
MetalSpider
Awesome...although I would be liked to hear something more concrete....I guess I'll just have to wait for the album to come out.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
17.09.2009 - 19:38
GamlaSonn
Hm I hated that first breakdown riffed part and as ^ I hoped for a bit more..
22.09.2009 - 07:03
MetalSpider
The new album was leaked...for those of you who are very impatient like me and need to hear it now!
----

22.09.2009 - 07:13
Ur-Drago
Got it. I guess Santa will be skipping me this year(yet again).

22.09.2009 - 21:11
GamlaSonn
Hm sounds like a continuation of "Virus", me likes
23.09.2009 - 15:47
MetalSpider
The new album is very good. Its definitely a continuation of Virus but as whole the album is more melodic, yet still heavy. Peter's vocals on the album are absolutely insane!

Ive listened to the album only 2 times, and it was better the second time around. I still think Virus is better, but that could change since a taste of extreme divinity is growing on me even more.
----

23.09.2009 - 17:08
Guib
Thrash Talker
I dont really know Hypocrisy that much
and Id like some advice on what Album I should listen to ...
what songs are great... ... ...

Anyone can help me out ?
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.09.2009 - 17:23
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guib on 23.09.2009 at 17:08

Anyone can help me out ?
If your computer technology allows, I recommend you go through the songs in their Myspace player (click here: Hypocrisy, or here if you can't find it on that page) starting from the bottom as they're currently in reverse chronological order. Though unfortunately their earliest (IMO best) material is missing from there... Inferior Devoties is probably my favourite, which fortunately had a video made for it. Judging by your fav bands, I think you may be like me in not being interested in their mid-period, atmospheric stuff though the driving melody in War Within is quite effective.

Adjusting the Sun from one of the middle albums, and Warpath and Blooddrenched from Virus seem to be popular choices.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
23.09.2009 - 17:26
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Syk on 23.09.2009 at 17:23

Written by Guib on 23.09.2009 at 17:08

Anyone can help me out ?
If your computer technology allows, I recommend you go through the songs in their Myspace player (click here: Hypocrisy, or here if you can't find it on that page) starting from the bottom as they're currently in reverse chronological order. Though unfortunately their earliest (IMO best) material is missing from there... Inferior Devoties is probably my favourite, which fortunately had a video made for it. Judging by your fav bands, I think you may be like me in not being interested in their mid-period, atmospheric stuff though the driving melody in War Within is quite effective. Adjusting the Sun from one of the middle albums seems to be a popular choice.

Thanks alot for your help, Ill go check this out right away
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.09.2009 - 17:42
GamlaSonn
Well I guess Penetralia, Osculum Obscenum, The Fourth Dimension and Into the Abyss are the most pure death metal albums, with the rest being more atmospheric and melodic. I think Catch 22 and The Arrival are the weakest albums, simply because they seem dumbed down and get boring quickly. It's hard to single out songs though, some prefers the slower ones and some prefers the faster ones!
23.09.2009 - 18:23
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Might be seeing them on the 4th of february. not sure though
02.10.2009 - 12:49
FeskarN
I like the sound of Hypocrisy but never listen to a whole album just a couple of songs. So someone can suggest a album to start with. Maybe the the album "Virus" ? It got good rating at least here on MS
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
02.10.2009 - 16:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by FeskarN on 02.10.2009 at 12:49

I like the sound of Hypocrisy but never listen to a whole album just a couple of songs. So someone can suggest a album to start with. Maybe the the album "Virus" ? It got good rating at least here on MS

Of course Virus can be amazing.. But beside it I think you better listen to The Final Chapter.. That's my personal favorite..
02.10.2009 - 17:42
Sunioj
Written by FeskarN on 02.10.2009 at 12:49

I think their most consistent works so far is:

1.self titled
2.final chapter
3.virus
4.the arrival

(not rating the new one here, still need time to sink in : D)
07.10.2009 - 06:47
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Hypocrisy....Love em...
10.10.2009 - 19:42
_HIV_
The new album is realy good ... a bit melodic in some parts but it fits!

my fav. tracks from new album are : sky is falling down
valley of the damned
10.10.2009 - 19:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Well I personally loved Demigod from Behemoth...to me it was their "anthem" album and the one that sort of stood out above the others: Thats how I feel about Virus for Hypocrisy, it was their best album, really epic and even better than the Arrival which was awesome.

The new album is strange....their opted for a less produces and more dirty almost thrashy kind of album. Not very blown away I think in general the new album is quite bland. Its much more unrelenting than Virus but not as good. Ive had it for about 3 weeks now and Ive had time to digest it and the bottomline is its not that good in my personal view.

Everything is a bit muddy and nothing sticks in your head. I like "Solar Empire", thats one kick ass song with an awesome riff but the guitars on the album are muddy, almost tin-like. Songs in general not very memorable and before you know it the album is over due to the "sameness" of everything.

But yea, just my opinion..
10.10.2009 - 22:12
Kasper
I share an other opinion, I really like the new album. My kind of taste soundwise. A "muddy" sound, but still everything stands clear. A lot of the songs are stuck in my head, and have been for quite some time now.
Will stay in my stereo for quite some time yet. The album definitely opened my eyes on them again, which is great
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
11.10.2009 - 00:51
Janne
Hugin
The new album is quite alright!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.10.2009 - 14:11
AbdelioR
Written by Guest on 10.10.2009 at 19:50

Well I personally loved Demigod from Behemoth...to me it was their "anthem" album and the one that sort of stood out above the others: Thats how I feel about Virus for Hypocrisy, it was their best album, really epic and even better than the Arrival which was awesome.

The new album is strange....their opted for a less produces and more dirty almost thrashy kind of album. Not very blown away I think in general the new album is quite bland. Its much more unrelenting than Virus but not as good. Ive had it for about 3 weeks now and Ive had time to digest it and the bottomline is its not that good in my personal view.

Everything is a bit muddy and nothing sticks in your head. I like "Solar Empire", thats one kick ass song with an awesome riff but the guitars on the album are muddy, almost tin-like. Songs in general not very memorable and before you know it the album is over due to the "sameness" of everything.

But yea, just my opinion..

Yeah... after listining and listening, I totally agree.
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
12.10.2009 - 20:25
GamlaSonn
^ yup, it's not exactly an instant classic.. it's like they try to hard to sound like hypocrisy, instead of making something fresh
14.10.2009 - 13:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Holy fuck when did Christopher Walken join the band?

15.10.2009 - 14:43
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 14.10.2009 at 13:17

Holy fuck when did Christopher Walken join the band?

hahah! Its funny you say that because Ive always thought the exact same thing....whenever I see Tagtgren on a pic I think of "Balls of Fury"
15.10.2009 - 16:34
GamlaSonn
Christopher walken will always be the guy in Weapon of choice for me
15.10.2009 - 21:02
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Hey, anybody see the story on Blabbermouth yesterday? Supposedly Alexi Laiho is going to play guitars for Hypocrisy on their upcoming U.S. tour.
03.11.2009 - 06:42
GamlaSonn
Damn me for doubting Hypocrisy (if ever)!

The albums Hypocrisy, The Arrival, The Final Chapter, Into the Abyss and Abducted are nothing short but masterpieces.
It's just so beautiful, and I don't throw around that compliment for any melodic death metal!

Anyone else who can't get enough of the Hypocrisy album?
03.11.2009 - 07:48
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Guest on 15.10.2009 at 21:02

Hey, anybody see the story on Blabbermouth yesterday? Supposedly Alexi Laiho is going to play guitars for Hypocrisy on their upcoming U.S. tour.

I think it will be interesting to finally just see Alexi playing while he shuts the fuck up for once.
----
Christless
12.11.2009 - 15:17
Ginnung
The importance of Hypocrisy within the extreme-metal scene should never be underestimated, I agree.
29.10.2011 - 02:18
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
These guys are coming out with a live DVD soon and the Audio tracks are leaked!
----
Coldgrits