Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
12.04.2008 - 16:19
Nazgal
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.04.2008 at 16:15

Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 15:49

Written by Bad English on 12.04.2008 at 14:05

Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 13:49

My favorite Thrash band of all time is Suicidal Angels. They are quite a newcomer, but their "Eternal Domination" album has totally blown me away. If you don't know the band, you should definitely check it out.

also try hellenic band Crucifier tahy are awsoem thrash band from Hellas ,s ame like Suicide Angels

Okay, great, thanks man. I'm really searching for some new Thrash bands in from that area.

There was some more bands but thay are pao and thay dealite me from myspace lsit so I cant help you I forgot names, but there was some official myspace site for greek thrash , ut I forgot link, so there are a lot of greek thrash bands

Thanks anyway dude. I will seach some Greek Thrash myself. Oh, btw, Crucifier sounds awesome. I've listened to them on their myspace. "Thrash Till The Death" is amazing. You were right, it's an awesome band.
12.04.2008 - 17:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 15:48

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.04.2008 at 14:03

My favorite Thrash band of all time is Suicidal Angels. They are quite a newcomer, but their "Eternal Domination" album has totally blown me away. If you don't know the band, you should definitely check it out.

Indeed a great band. I saw them yesterday opening for Onslaught and they kicked ass. Btw, they are also a bunch of very nice guys.

Yeah, they really kick ass. I'm seeing them live tonight, in Enschede. Did you have the chance to meet them personally? Btw, how was Onslaught?

Btw, another great new Greek old school thrash band are Released Anger, they are also form Athens like Suicidal Angels and are good friends of them.

Onslaught was great too, though they played quite a short set (only a little over 60 minutes)

Yeah I talked to both Suicidal Angels & Onslaught way before the show and after the show (when Onslaught had finished) I did a Thrash Song Quiz with Sy Keeler (vocals, Onslaught) and Suicidal Angels where I played them old thrash songs and they had to guess what is was. In the end it ended in a draw between the two. That quiz will be on-line around the 23rd of April here on Metal Storm, so keep your eyes open.
Soren did an e-mail interview with Suicidal Angels you can read here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/interview.php?interview_id=460
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.04.2008 - 19:32
Nazgal
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.04.2008 at 17:15

Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 15:48

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.04.2008 at 14:03

Indeed a great band. I saw them yesterday opening for Onslaught and they kicked ass. Btw, they are also a bunch of very nice guys.

Yeah, they really kick ass. I'm seeing them live tonight, in Enschede. Did you have the chance to meet them personally? Btw, how was Onslaught?

Btw, another great new Greek old school thrash band are Released Anger, they are also form Athens like Suicidal Angels and are good friends of them.

Onslaught was great too, though they played quite a short set (only a little over 60 minutes)

Yeah I talked to both Suicidal Angels & Onslaught way before the show and after the show (when Onslaught had finished) I did a Thrash Song Quiz with Sy Keeler (vocals, Onslaught) and Suicidal Angels where I played them old thrash songs and they had to guess what is was. In the end it ended in a draw between the two. That quiz will be on-line around the 23rd of April here on Metal Storm, so keep your eyes open.
Soren did an e-mail interview with Suicidal Angels you can read here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/interview.php?interview_id=460

Thanks man! I'll definitely check them out. I'm really looking forward to the show. Nick, Suicidal Angels' singer told me he wanted to drink some beer with me. I have good contact with Nige, the guitarist of Onslaught, so I hope I will meet them as well. I did see the Suicidal Angels interview already. The quiz sounds really cool, so I'll definitely keep my eyes open. Too bad Onslaught played a short show. Did they play any classics?
12.04.2008 - 21:38
MorbidGod
Account deleted
"lamb of god" n "meshuggah" r my favourite.
12.04.2008 - 23:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 16:19

Written by Bad English on 12.04.2008 at 16:15

Written by Guest on 12.04.2008 at 15:49

Written by Bad English on 12.04.2008 at 14:05

also try hellenic band Crucifier tahy are awsoem thrash band from Hellas ,s ame like Suicide Angels

Okay, great, thanks man. I'm really searching for some new Thrash bands in from that area.

There was some more bands but thay are pao and thay dealite me from myspace lsit so I cant help you I forgot names, but there was some official myspace site for greek thrash , ut I forgot link, so there are a lot of greek thrash bands

Thanks anyway dude. I will seach some Greek Thrash myself. Oh, btw, Crucifier sounds awesome. I've listened to them on their myspace. "Thrash Till The Death" is amazing. You were right, it's an awesome band.

Thay are rted thrashers, read band blog there thay tell how you can get free album
I can share whit it if you need
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.05.2008 - 17:55
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Metal LORDS MetallicA
21.03.2009 - 00:53
metalhead3
I voted for Metallica.Metallica is my favourite band from these
22.03.2009 - 13:23
Brave
Old sepultura is very insane! but i give metallica
11.05.2009 - 19:04
symbolic727
I have to go with Slayer but it almost hurts not to Pick Exodus if only they put out more good albums.
11.05.2009 - 19:33
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Kreator oufcourse: aggressive, violent, thought provoking and the most important: they continue to be a great band!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.08.2009 - 17:48
Razorback
Pantera:bow:
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
16.08.2009 - 23:01
Saitenhexerin
Exodus and Pantera...though I like Metallica Thrash albums as well....
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
01.09.2009 - 03:39
Kratos
Anthrax, made good albums with Joey Belladonna and John Bush
01.09.2009 - 16:53
Hanyuchan
Slayer, in my opinion the most br00tal one on there.
03.09.2009 - 11:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Prong:

Beg to Differ
Unconditional
Cleansling
----
rekt
29.09.2009 - 04:58
ToMegaTherion
I have a personal preferance for Megadeth above all in terms of Thrash. Testament would be a very close second and a challenge for top spot.
29.09.2009 - 16:32
Mechanixxxx
Damn this a tough one...I could go with either MetallicA or MegadetH but I also love Kreator...DAMN IT!!!!
07.10.2009 - 01:13
gibsonrcock53
I have to say MetallicA. I have been listening to them the longest, since i was born!
Pantera would have to come second, then Slayer. I just think Metallica has a better sound then all the others, and has more songs that really get me pumped. I love all the bands here, but Metallica has to be the best!
----
Live Free, Rock Hard
07.10.2009 - 01:13
gibsonrcock53
I have to say MetallicA. I have been listening to them the longest, since i was born!
Pantera would have to come second, then Slayer. I just think Metallica has a better sound then all the others, and has more songs that really get me pumped. I love all the bands here, but Metallica has to be the best!
----
Live Free, Rock Hard
08.10.2009 - 03:00
His Eminence
Account deleted
Ooh, this one's really hard for me. Testament and Kreator would be tied for first, with Megadeth coming in at a close second. I like Exodus and Sodom a lot, too.
08.10.2009 - 04:39
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Written by Razorback on 11.08.2009 at 17:48

Pantera isn't thrash. Its like groove meathead metal.

I think Megadeth wins with a close Testament 2nd.
08.10.2009 - 07:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 08.10.2009 at 04:39

Written by Razorback on 11.08.2009 at 17:48

Pantera isn't thrash. Its like groove meathead metal.

The albums from Cowboys From Hell till they split up are certainly thrash, albeit with a lot of groove in it, but thrash nonetheless.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2009 - 00:51
JD
Account deleted
(Old)Sepultura rulzz
04.12.2009 - 19:33
HugeTheConqeror
This is tough. If just rated on the quality of their best albums, I would either say Metallica (first four albums only) or Sacred Reich (first three albums only).

If looking at the entire body of work, I would say Artillery has been the most consistent.

Given that two of these bands are not on the list, I voted "Other."
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
08.07.2010 - 20:51
ExtraHachse
First Pantera is not Thrash
Second I voted for Metallica
Third Anthray is missing(one of the four Thrash kings. That Sodom is missing isn't really that bad but Anthrax)
My personal list of the band in the voting list
1 Metallica
2 Megadeth
3 Slayer
4 Exodus
5 Destruction
6 Pantera
7 Sepultura
8 Kreator
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08.07.2010 - 21:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Toxik, Overkill, Megadeth, Slayer, Razor, Exodus and several others...
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.07.2010 - 05:43
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Slayer and Exodus. For the reason that they are the only bands on the list that never stopped making thrash.

I love all the bands on the list though. Testament and Overkill are definitely near the top of thrash too.
09.07.2010 - 16:58
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.07.2010 at 05:43

Slayer and Exodus. For the reason that they are the only bands on the list that never stopped making thrash.

Exodus, maybe. But Slayer... uh, I wouldn't really call Diabolus in Musica or God Hates Us All thrash much.
----
09.07.2010 - 18:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by vezzy on 09.07.2010 at 16:58
Exodus, maybe. But Slayer... uh, I wouldn't really call Diabolus in Musica or God Hates Us All thrash much.

Whether you'd call them thrash albums or not, (I actually would call them thrash) both of those albums contained thrash in them. 'Force Of Habit' is hardly a thrash album, even though it had some thrashing moments like 'Count Your Blessings', and 'Feeding Time At The Zoo' on it. lol

GHUA and DIM both had a lot of slower material on them, especially GHUA. But there are thrash songs on both those albums, so they never totally abandoned the style like the other bands in the list did.
09.07.2010 - 18:18
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 09.07.2010 at 18:06

Written by vezzy on 09.07.2010 at 16:58

Whether you'd call them thrash albums or not, (I actually would call them thrash) both of those albums contained thrash in them. 'Force Of Habit' is hardly a thrash album, even though it had some thrashing moments like 'Count Your Blessings', and 'Feeding Time At The Zoo' on it. lol

GHUA and DIM both had a lot of slower material on them, especially GHUA. But there are thrash songs on both those albums, so they never totally abandoned the style like the other bands in the list did.

GHUA felt more heavy metal with a modern edge than thrash to me. Same with DIM. The thrash moments were scattered and not much overall.

Force of Habit was still thrashier, IMO, even if not by a lot.
----