Metal Storm logo
New Releases (2009)

11.03.2009 - 08:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I was always thinking that something's missing from the General forum, but for months I couldn't find that. So, here you can discuss everything about this years releases. Saying which album is the best or the worst or even which album you found just average. You can suggest good debut albums from unknown bands or resent with a new album which you expexted to be much better!

For me, I liked a lot the new Kreator's album, Hordes Of Chaos, which I think that will be one of the best thrash releases in 2009. I also listened a bit the new Cattle Decapitation's album which is great to, but I've not listened to it enough to have a fair opinion.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.03.2009 - 09:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Yeh the new cattle decapitation is really awesome in my opinion - really really brutal but catchy and somewhat melodic on occasion
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
11.03.2009 - 10:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So far big positive surprise is Wardruna - Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga...debut as hell, think it will be attacking top places in best debut release

i was also quite confident with new Hammerfall - No Sacrifice, No Victory, though reviews are in general bad...Bring The Hammer Down

also i listened to live demo done by probably unknown black metal band from France - Esus...very good stuff

nice is demo from dutch prog/gothic Alerion - Turn Of Fate containing two new songs

and finally - no real impression left in me Destroy, Destroy, Destroy - Battle Sluts (CoB like extreme power from USA)

thats all from 2009 so far
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.03.2009 - 13:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.03.2009 - 13:27
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 13:20

Hmmm
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=15654
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=13367

Those topics are about albums that are going to be released in 2009, but aren't released yet.
This topic is about albums that have already been released in 2009, from 01.01.2009 till now.
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
11.03.2009 - 13:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cemetery of Scream - Frozen Images
Isole - Silent Ruins
Mournful Congregation - The June Frost

Crucified Barbara - 'Til Death Do Us Party
Crystal Viper - Metal Nation
Doro - Fear No Evil
Grave Digger - Ballads of a Hangman
The Arrow - Lady Nite
Wolf - Ravenous
----

apos;'
[image]
11.03.2009 - 13:40
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 13:38

Isole - Silent Ruins

Doro - Fear No Evil
The Arrow - Lady Nite
Wolf - Ravenous

The topic means discuss, not list.
11.03.2009 - 13:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 11.03.2009 at 13:40

Isole - Silent Ruins

Doro - Fear No Evil
The Arrow - Lady Nite
Wolf - Ravenous

Same this http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=13324

About me, those are albums from doom n heavy what I have hera and wanna hear whit out looking to i net
I belive there more good doom, heavy, black albums(I did not mentioned black since I havnt her any of black)

THose what I hear those are prommising albums Isole, Crysral Viper, The Arrow and Wolf I have hera once and those was awesome, othrers I put in list because I like those bands and they realised albums
----

apos;'
[image]
11.03.2009 - 14:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Bad English on 11.03.2009 at 13:45

Written by Deadsoulman on 11.03.2009 at 13:40

Isole - Silent Ruins

Doro - Fear No Evil
The Arrow - Lady Nite
Wolf - Ravenous

Same this http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=13324

About me, those are albums from doom n heavy what I have hera and wanna hear whit out looking to i net
I belive there more good doom, heavy, black albums(I did not mentioned black since I havnt her any of black)

THose what I hear those are prommising albums Isole, Crysral Viper, The Arrow and Wolf I have hera once and those was awesome, othrers I put in list because I like those bands and they realised albums

you are acting like you hate this topic man. that's why the moderators are, to check the topics and correct possible mistakes.
i've searched about it a lot before creating that topic. those you've mentioned are the first for people's indications about 2009, the second about what people expect from that year and the last one is about the decade 1990-2000. This one is only about RELEASED albums. It's a bit similar with the "the last album..." topic but it is only about 2009. So this is the difference!!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
11.03.2009 - 17:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ellrohir on 11.03.2009 at 10:14

So far big positive surprise is Wardruna - Runaljod - Gap Var Ginnunga...debut as hell, think it will be attacking top places in best debut release

Fuck yeah, that album is awesome.

My favourite album till now has to be the new Solstafir one, post-rock with extreme metal elements.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.03.2009 - 21:47
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Unfortunately due to me being extremely picky I can not mention a SINGLE album I liked this year - thats right not ONE. Most of the shit that comes out I have never even heard of or its death metal which I cant stand. This is the third month and things are looking bleak...
11.03.2009 - 22:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 11.03.2009 at 21:47

Most of the shit that comes out I have never even heard of...

So? what's keeping you from checking out stuff you've never heard of?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.03.2009 - 22:48
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There were a few people who badmouthed Hordes of Chaos for some reason and I honestly don't know why they would...it's brutal, heavy, angry...all the songs flow perfectly together from beginning to end...the licks are put together really well and the composition of every song just feels like they put their all into it...every four year increment with Kreator this decade with each album has put out a release worth waiting for...I don't care if I have to wait until 2013 for another Kreator album if it's going to mean it being as good as the last three...
12.03.2009 - 01:26
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.03.2009 at 22:31

Written by Guest on 11.03.2009 at 21:47

Most of the shit that comes out I have never even heard of...

So? what's keeping you from checking out stuff you've never heard of?

Nothing, but what ive checked out so far is mediocre or releases from genres i do like but from bands who Ive had the misfortune of wasting my time listening to before
13.03.2009 - 12:06
annodomini
After almost two and a half moth :

Masterpieces: (none)

Nearly Masterpiece/Very Good:

HDK - System Overload
Isole - Silent Ruins
Amartia - Delicately

Descent Records:

Ephel Duath - Through my dogs eyes
Callisto - Providence
My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire
Dark Moor - Autumnal

Still Getting Into:

Autumn - Altitude
Ablaze in Hatred - Quietude Plains
Autumnia - O'Funeralia

---

I just recently heared new Ajattara's album. Its insane stuff I just drived crazy by it. Acoustic madness.
----
the riddle wants to be...
13.03.2009 - 13:42
VPeter
Written by Guest on 11.03.2009 at 22:48

There were a few people who badmouthed Hordes of Chaos for some reason and I honestly don't know why they would...it's brutal, heavy, angry...all the songs flow perfectly together from beginning to end...the licks are put together really well and the composition of every song just feels like they put their all into it...every four year increment with Kreator this decade with each album has put out a release worth waiting for...I don't care if I have to wait until 2013 for another Kreator album if it's going to mean it being as good as the last three...

I'm going to review it in the near future, I will describe in depth how weak and lame it is.
13.03.2009 - 16:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 13.03.2009 at 13:42

I'm going to review it in the near future, I will describe in depth how weak and lame it is.

Yeah, YOU'RE cool not...
Even though we all have our own opinions, I will read your review and laugh at it...
13.03.2009 - 16:26
VPeter
Written by Guest on 13.03.2009 at 16:19

Yeah, YOU'RE cool not...
Even though we all have our own opinions, I will read your review and laugh at it...

I think you misunderstood me, I going to post a negative review of it just so you know where the negative comments come from.
13.03.2009 - 16:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 13.03.2009 at 16:26

Written by Guest on 13.03.2009 at 16:19

Yeah, YOU'RE cool not...

I think you misunderstood me, I going to post a negative review of it just so you know where the negative comments come from.

No I didn't misunderstand you man...I await the negative comments...I think the album is great so you can write whatever you want...
13.03.2009 - 16:39
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

yeah!!!! but don't forget to mention which thrash album is better than that. i talk about the releases of the last years... if you want a review with many comments, this is your chanche...!!!!
----
13.03.2009 - 17:03
Elio
Red Nightmare
Just listened to Isole - Silent Ruins, now, that's a GOOD album guys...
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.03.2009 - 04:25
Biedrik
I'd say Hordes of Chaos is the strongest so far for me. It's nothing spectacular, but it's very good. Especially the song To the Afterborn.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
14.03.2009 - 18:55
Elio
Red Nightmare
Oh my god, give a listen to new Amesoeurs work, it is their first album, mindblowing post-punk/black metal
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.03.2009 - 20:29
annodomini
SO its quite long time since i heared a good russian doom. Last year was a really amazing year for doom, but Russians doesn't brought nothing noticable. But now...

Wine From Tears - Through The Eyes of Mad

This is the mixture of all great Russian doom releases. There are influences by AMber Tears, Autumn, Arcanar, Autumn rain melancholy... Yes the main influence is probably Saturnus, Paradise belongs to you era. And also lyrics are in English, but it sounds so awesome. ALso here we hear a little Swallow the Sunish passages, but all in all it has some originalitty, something that comes new with the mixture of all these other bands. Its really bin a while since i heared such a emotional release. Highest class.
----
25.03.2009 - 22:22
annodomini
Today is the day when it must be mentioned...

Candlemass - Death Magic Doom

A big candidate for Best album of the year...

And also is there any who like Kotiteollisuus? The new "Ukonhauta" is more than enjoyable.
----
26.03.2009 - 00:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Has anyone listened to the new My Dying Bride album? Or the new Absu, Ephel Duath or Saxon albums?
26.03.2009 - 07:50
Derwood
Anyone else terribly disappointed by Mastodon's Crack the Skye?

I find it a dull prog rock album with occasional mediocre metal moments. Listening to it, I have to consciously re-focus on the music continually. It just completely fails to hold my attention at all. I really like Mastodon's earlier work and I had high hopes for this album, but I have to rate it the biggest disappointment of 2009 so far.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
26.03.2009 - 14:47
annodomini
Kap n Korrupt

There is few ideas in "Who will rule 2009" thread.

I cant say its a very impressive album. MDB quite dissapointed me.
----
26.03.2009 - 16:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Derwood on 26.03.2009 at 07:50

Anyone else terribly disappointed by Mastodon's Crack the Skye?

I find it a dull prog rock album with occasional mediocre metal moments. Listening to it, I have to consciously re-focus on the music continually. It just completely fails to hold my attention at all. I really like Mastodon's earlier work and I had high hopes for this album, but I have to rate it the biggest disappointment of 2009 so far.

Yes I am disappointed by it. They have now totally lost their bite. It is a very safe album clearly targeted at the metal mainstream. Where ave the days gone when they were still fresh and were able to surprise people?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.03.2009 - 00:11
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 26.03.2009 at 00:17

Has anyone listened to the new My Dying Bride album? Or the new Absu, Ephel Duath or Saxon albums?

I found Saxon quite predictable, MDB average/moderately good and Absu good. yeah, I need to listen to Ephel Duath, they're interesting.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.