Metal Storm logo
The Awesome Beer Thread

Original post

Posted by Deadmeat, 28.05.2009 - 16:38
After making a poll with having only 8 possible choices I decided that it would be better to have a Beer topic. So, tell us what's your favorite beer, why it is and give us all the necessary information about it so that we can try it when we have the chance.

So, keep on the discussion about this great drink called Beer!

As for me, I've already wrote it: Erdinger (i don't know much about it's short etc) is the best. It is a beer that kneeds in your bottle and it tastes great!
19.11.2013 - 01:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
König Pilsener - I did not buy it for my self, but in end i drunk it , typical pilsener, ehhh I donlt like pilseners

Holy Cow - Cranberry Milk Stout from Ilkey Brievery
I didnt find anything special, only stout taste, some blacl lagers can be sometimes better, maybe weekest stout I every have tryd

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.11.2013 - 02:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am drinking Fullers Old Winter Ale , avalible only nov-dec
I have tryd this before, once and now its second time, good one. good taste, dark rich coulor and good think is you can take a little drop of ale in your mouth to enjoy is taste, exelent and good its seasonal, I will miss it

----

apos;'
[image]
22.11.2013 - 17:23
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I haven't really picked up too much lately in the brew world. Went to a bachelor party last week and one of the guys brought some home-brewed Pilsner he made. It was OK and went fine with the 18 ounce steaks we were eating.
22.11.2013 - 18:26
Mercy Seller
Lately I've been really liking Unibrue beers. They are a Quebécois brewery, and the few beers I've tried by them have been delicious. I've also shared them with other people who have enjoyed them. I'm especially fond of Blanche du Chambly, which has a mild taste. Also a fan of La Fin du Monde, which (to me anyways) has a slight taste of Montreal Steak Sauce. I've had some people disagree with that assessment, but in general people do agree that it has a spice - someone I know described it as a cinnamon taste. They have a finder on their website where you can see where to buy some: http://www.unibroue.com/en/buy. As far as I know, Unibrue is only sold in Canada and the US, but I could be wrong.
22.11.2013 - 20:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Awaiting Dechutes THE ABYSS. local place is only getting a dozen... to quote the Hanson Brothers, i'm "putting on the foil".

Had the Iron Maiden beer this week, mediocre.

La Chouffe N'Ice - enjoyed it. still stoked we have it in the US now. (Texels maybe someday...)

Figueroa Mountain Pale Ale - like their IPA, was decent, but such a small brewery their beers are horribly overpriced at $9 a bomber and going up.

Picked up a six of Odells IPA last night, dude behind me at the store looked at it, at me, and back at it, "Damn, that's a good IPA." Offered to help me finish the six pack. I declined. I need no help.

Regular rotation is still Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Dale's Pale Ale, and Odells IPA.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.11.2013 - 02:15
JD
Account deleted
Beck's because I live in (Beck's town) Bremen.
24.11.2013 - 17:42
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Guest on 23.11.2013 at 02:15

I actually think Beck's is really gross. My boyfriend, however, used to live in Bremen (worked at Univesitaet Bremen) and said Beck's tastes much better in Germany. I guess I'll have to find out when I make my way there eventually.
24.11.2013 - 18:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jämtlands Julöl - aka Jämtlands Christmass beer. avalible nov-dec
1th one day I will try Jämtlands Baltic Imperial Porter 8%
This is 6.6% (If I remeber) pretty good, dark beer, best served 10-12¤C , dark, bitte rtaste, richfull taste, maybe best swedish beer, I love it I realy do, not popular in Sweden because ppl likes chill all till max ehhh it was like 15¤C when i drunk, taste was awesome.... I will buy more asap good beer

----

apos;'
[image]
25.11.2013 - 02:03
JD
Account deleted
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 24.11.2013 at 17:42

I actually think Beck's is really gross. My boyfriend, however, used to live in Bremen (worked at Univesitaet Bremen) and said Beck's tastes much better in Germany. I guess I'll have to find out when I make my way there eventually.

Gross!? no way ( have you tried Haake Beck? it's the same taste of Beck's but lil bit softer .However I never tried drinking Beck's outside of Germany, maybe once in Poland but not sure though.
25.11.2013 - 03:25
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Guest on 25.11.2013 at 02:03

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 24.11.2013 at 17:42

Gross!? no way ( have you tried Haake Beck? it's the same taste of Beck's but lil bit softer .However I never tried drinking Beck's outside of Germany, maybe once in Poland but not sure though.

I just asked my boyfriend about Haake Beck. He said he's only seen that in Europe. Trust me, Beck's, St Pauli and Stella are all gross in the USA.
25.11.2013 - 17:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Beck's is also gross in Germany And Stella Artois is of the same piss grossnees as Coors, Budweiser, Heineken, Jupiler all that kind of piss.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.11.2013 - 18:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.11.2013 at 17:32

Beck's is also gross in Germany And Stella Artois is of the same piss grossnees as Coors, Budweiser, Heineken, Jupiler all that kind of piss.

I never tryd Becks, and Stella, but Budwesier can be drinkabble, I mean Cz version if there no other to choose from

I tryd ST Peters Winter Ale, (not at homa, at friends home) good one, I like St Peter Cream Stout this ale was good

I bought some Kents strong winter ale something (oics comming after I will wake up ) + Jämtland Julöl and Fullers Winter Ale
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2013 - 00:20
Mercyful_Kate
I've really been enjoying Great Lakes (Cleveland) Edmund Fitzgerald porter.
26.11.2013 - 00:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 26.11.2013 at 00:20

I've really been enjoying Great Lakes (Cleveland) Edmund Fitzgerald porter.

picks please
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2013 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ST Peters Winter Ale -
I drunk it at friends place, exselent blöack ale, dark awsome coulor, since I like St peters cream stout I enjoy this werry much , If I will be enough money I will oeder it soon (I hope my Aynger winte rbock arives soon in damn sythem )

Shepard Neame Christmas Ale
7%
Overated it was more alcohol streght and price, taste was OK, but mainstream, ordinary ale taste, little bit dispoinment

----

apos;'
[image]
27.11.2013 - 19:11
SolracV
I don't know much about beers, but some time ago I tried Founders Porter and it was so damn good!
27.11.2013 - 20:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SolracV on 27.11.2013 at 19:11

I don't know much about beers, but some time ago I tried Founders Porter and it was so damn good!

then drink it and discover some new beers
----

apos;'
[image]
03.12.2013 - 01:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Aynger Winter Bock 6.7%
Good german dobberl bock fropm Bayern, good taste and its not typical strong beer (since most beers are under 6% ) this is good and you can drink it a lot , a liitel remainds me some porter taste, but I enjoy this good winter bock

----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 02:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Little Valley Brewery - Stoodley Stout 4.8%
Not bad, but I prefere stouts wjit 6% and up alcohol prosentige, this was ok, but one bottle, I need 10 of those

----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 11:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 26.11.2013 at 00:40

ST Peters Winter Ale -
I drunk it at friends place, exselent blöack ale, dark awsome coulor, since I like St peters cream stout I enjoy this werry much , If I will be enough money I will oeder it soon (I hope my Aynger winte rbock arives soon in damn sythem )

For real? I love the ordinary one, is this available at Systembolaget?
----
04.12.2013 - 11:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 04.12.2013 at 11:07

Written by Bad English on 26.11.2013 at 00:40

ST Peters Winter Ale -

For real? I love the ordinary one, is this available at Systembolaget?

You can order it there, but its only nov-dec
In Boden there is like 30 bottles, in Luleå at centrum there is only Cream Stout
in Storheden I dunno maybe there are, since there are some diferences

Link

Just look at Stkhl, seems all has from 5 bottle still 40
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 11:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 11:40

I looked it up and it seems it's available right in the stores here.
----
04.12.2013 - 11:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 04.12.2013 at 11:57

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 11:40

I looked it up and it seems it's available right in the stores here.

all beers I post here is from booze store only some scotish ale's what was from Scotland
BTW go there where is PC where you can order booze, they have pretty good winter xmass beers, you can order those
I did whit Aynger Winter Bock
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New Lv beer ''Malduguns'' ''Maigais Rudens'' LOL what a name PM Ragana for explaining
I will ask my old man to send me to try it (seems its hard to get only some places well we will see

[/img]
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 14:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 14:04

New Lv beer ''Malduguns'' ''Maigais Rudens'' LOL what a name PM Ragana for explaining
I will ask my old man to send me to try it (seems its hard to get only some places well we will see

[/img]

what's funny about the names Jack o'Lantern and The Mild Autumn?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2013 - 14:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2013 at 14:50

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2013 at 14:04

[/img]

what's funny about the names Jack o'Lantern and The Mild Autumn?

Malduguns could be trranslate like delusion - uguns --fire
Fire of delusion and maigais rudens means soft autumn

all combination sounds weird , and malduguns, I never ever have heard such combination at my whole life between those 2 words , I read a 5 times name maybe I read it wrong
such combination sounds weird for native speaker like me

Jack o'Lantern I didbnts ay anythinga bout it
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 15:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Btw the beer is called Rudais Rudens (ginger autumn) and the brewery is called Malduguns and the other beer on the picture by Malduguns is called Pēdējais Viesis (Last Guest)

more info on them here on ratebeer.com http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/malduguns/17903/
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2013 - 15:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
The Latvian brewery is called Malduguns. That is not the name of a beer. And there's even a Latvian metal band with that name, so apparently nothign weird about it. And the beer is called Maigais Rudens. It's called Rudais Rudens. Damn, you even have problems copying names off bottles which are in your mother tongue.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.12.2013 - 15:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.12.2013 at 15:02

The Latvian brewery is called Malduguns. That is not the name of a beer. And there's even a Latvian metal band with that name, so apparently nothign weird about it. And the beer is called Maigais Rudens. It's called Rudais Rudens. Damn, you even have problems copying names off bottles which are in your mother tongue.

I did not copy it from the bottle but from the sources what i saw on latvian site (blind catch) , I did not look at bottle so good, and besides source still has wrong name www.draugiem.lv (but you need to have a invite to see it it ) so , I read name there and brevery is new, I never have heard about it benfore and have no clue (digging it up) where it is located
----

apos;'
[image]
04.12.2013 - 15:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
My appologies for messing up beer name, but original source where I read info description was wrong, and I did not look at bottles, and besides werry fast look at one bottle you also can make same error . seems link (what I have at history, dont exist anymore, I mean pick, and decsription)
Brevery name is Malduguns - seems to me place (I did translate it a litherally but seems its more folk and litheral meaning Will-o'-the-wisp, sorry my bad I have not heard such tern in my native tong long long time , I appologies for being stupid and I know what is Will-o'-the-wisp, but I hardly use it and I was forgotten and as marcel said there is such band and I know that band, my friend send me 3 songs as track 1, 2, 3 (no band name , good DM btw, just ma it seems good, thats why I forgot=

Beer names are - Rudais Rudens(amber autumn), and Pedejais Viesis (the last guest)

https://www.facebook.com/Malduguns

AGAIN I APPOLOGIES FOR BEING SO STUPID ANDR RETARDET
shoudl I make a noose or have a drink?
----

apos;'
[image]