Do you want to be famous?

Poll

Do you really want to be famous?

No
Yes

Total votes: 97
22.09.2009 - 01:33
BADDEST MEMBER
Please make a vote and then explain why. Only either Yes or No. And then, discuss.

PS: definition of being famous: Fame, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrity
22.09.2009 - 06:34
tulkas
el parcero
I voted no, because I'm someone who loves his privacy and intimacy. I'd hate being a public figure and not being able to do day-to-day stuff without having people looking at you, and paparazzi motherfuckers stalking you all the time. I'll take the money of a famous person, but not the fame.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
22.09.2009 - 09:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
My secret dream is to have band and making world tours...so i voted yes
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.09.2009 - 09:42
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by tulkas on 22.09.2009 at 06:34

I'll take the money of a famous person, but not the fame.

Haha, I like your words.
22.09.2009 - 09:45
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by Ellrohir on 22.09.2009 at 09:41

My secret dream is to have band and making world tours...so i voted yes

Nice dream and nice reason for being famous. To me, some kind of fame is ridiculuos, such as by video sex scandal, relationship break as from some celebrates, but your fame as by a band having more respect from me.
22.09.2009 - 10:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by tulkas on 22.09.2009 at 06:34

I voted no, because I'm someone who loves his privacy and intimacy. I'd hate being a public figure and not being able to do day-to-day stuff without having people looking at you, and paparazzi motherfuckers stalking you all the time. I'll take the money of a famous person, but not the fame.

I agree with you, but I still voted for famous. I don't want fame in my life-time. I want to be remembered when I'm gone. That's my ultimate dream tbh, to not be forgotten since it's only when that happens when you are really dead, at least for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

22.09.2009 - 10:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I voted yes because i want to become moderately famous, though not to the point i can't walk on the street without wearing sunglasses, ordinary clothes and a hat, you get the picture. just so that people in my field can recognize and respect me
22.09.2009 - 12:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BADDEST MEMBER on 22.09.2009 at 01:33

Please make a vote and then explain why. Only either Yes or No. And then, discuss.

according to site rule,s you need describe your thoughts to, before you ask you need explain about you, staff can look this to now if they want

I voted no, because being famouse. no thenk's all pics, press confortence, all paparazzi, all who wanna autogtraf, all chicks around who could not be around now, so Im more outlaw, like biker wanna be and wanna be left alone, bikers has easer ATF and cops is on tail, but seleberties all world, you even cant go to betach, cany buy beer, cant buy new t shirt, underwear, condom, all knows all about you and it makes me sick, I like secrescy, privacifi
Snitches are dying breed, something like thet, I like be left alone
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.09.2009 - 13:52
tulkas
el parcero
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.09.2009 at 10:24

I agree with you, but I still voted for famous. I don't want fame in my life-time. I want to be remembered when I'm gone. That's my ultimate dream tbh, to not be forgotten since it's only when that happens when you are really dead, at least for me.

Yeh, in that sense I do agree with you. I'd be cool to leave some legacy or something, it's just that I'd hate to be public figure, like I said. In part that's what I look for when I try to write stuff, and part of what I'm pointing at with my life. Try to do something that will be remembered. But no, no fame
----
22.09.2009 - 21:09
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I dont want to be famous, i want to be RICH RICH so i can buy every existing metal album !
23.09.2009 - 00:02
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by Bad English on 22.09.2009 at 12:02

Written by BADDEST MEMBER on 22.09.2009 at 01:33

according to site rule,s you need describe your thoughts to, before you ask you need explain about you, staff can look this to now if they want

I voted no, because being famouse. no thenk's all pics, press confortence, all paparazzi, all who wanna autogtraf, all chicks around who could not be around now, so Im more outlaw, like biker wanna be and wanna be left alone, bikers has easer ATF and cops is on tail, but seleberties all world, you even cant go to betach, cany buy beer, cant buy new t shirt, underwear, condom, all knows all about you and it makes me sick, I like secrescy, privacifi
Snitches are dying breed, something like thet, I like be left alone

Dude, long time no see, doing ok? Thanx for sharing your opinion, and about you.

But I have a question: if you want to be alone, biker, outlaw, maybe the culture difference of each individual, what I mean is if you becoming a very famous alone biker or outlaw, do you really accept or sastify or with it?

So, from now I have two question: can Celebrity be acknowledged as a rebel or anti social, or I guess the more lean on negative-opposing almost common thought of the humankind ? I read somehwhere some big musicians who worship Satan (no offend satanist or the opposing ones, just take an example) can be considered as Celebrity. At this moment of the on-going topic, I dont care about Celebrity such as models, pop singers, actors, etc. Maybe what I want to focus here is like metal musicians can be Celebrity, and the metal world is different, no fucking paparizis. But my big points is IF you LIVE the way you want, and become very FAMOUS, do you still SASTIFY with yourselves?

I guess every community, every culture, every country, every class group, every group of friend, every religion, and every of every things has its own celebrity. If Im wrong, Correct me.

And deep down inside you all, have you ever had a though of being famous?

And K7, do you really want to be 100% alone?
23.09.2009 - 00:12
Elio
Red Nightmare
I don't care about fame, I'd like to be satisfied and proud about my life and to have enough money to have a quiet life. Oh, and good people I can rely on, even for just a beer and a talk.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
23.09.2009 - 00:14
Konrad
Mormon Storm
Infamous! lol
----
Brujerizmo!
23.09.2009 - 00:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Outlaw biker it means you need go shit to be biker, joun in gang it means being prospect and I dont wanna be , well but if you have deadhead on beck its army watch your beck,
Being famos ein biker word well its hard n easy deoends what world you gon, I wont be like Sonny Barger, Richard Merla, Bruce Richardson, Big Larry, Red BeradSveb Erikson, Ed Wintelholkder ,Blodny Nielsen etc,
Well I like be what I am and being biker, you never know when other gang comes after you, whos gonna snitch on you, you get paranoid and soon dont trust own bro's

Firts:
Well in beggining yes but leither when money talk no they cant loook all those rebel bands, how they looks now, look deep purople, where long hair n rebel attitude?
Well metal muiscan is seleberty in underground and its diferent but I hate and same time love the road, but I hate if crew follow me, I like ride n go alone, it makes me angry to workd, simply I like be alone or whit fiew people and I dont like such being famose think

No not 100% but 70% Im use to it since childhood, man if in house are 10 rooms I be pissed sometimes whit parents so , simply Im outlaw n like be alone, if I had a bike I would have one seat,
----

23.09.2009 - 00:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Yes, and hopefully earn a lot of money from being famous. That way I can buy a house next to Kirsten Dunst and try to copulate with her.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
23.09.2009 - 01:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Haddonfield on 23.09.2009 at 00:54

Yes, and hopefully earn a lot of money from being famous. That way I can buy a house next to Kirsten Dunst and try to copulate with her.

Boris Becker, Stefan Effenberg 2 good examples how easy you can waste all your money
----

23.09.2009 - 01:23
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Bad English on 23.09.2009 at 01:21

Boris Becker, Stefan Effenberg 2 good examples how easy you can waste all your money

All I'd need is a house, some dildos and supplies to keep us going, sex is not very expensive you know, well maybe it is for you with the prostitutes and stuff.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
23.09.2009 - 01:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Haddonfield on 23.09.2009 at 01:23

All I'd need is a house, some dildos and supplies to keep us going, sex is not very expensive you know, well maybe it is for you with the prostitutes and stuff.

lol never use them but it might be cheeper how take hot chick to restaraunt n pay for meal
----

23.09.2009 - 01:29
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Bad English on 23.09.2009 at 01:27

lol never use them but it might be cheeper how take hot chick to restaraunt n pay for meal

With the present economic climat, I wouldn't bet against it.
----

23.09.2009 - 03:35
tulkas
el parcero

Stalker!

----
23.09.2009 - 03:38
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by tulkas on 23.09.2009 at 03:35

Stalker!

I'm the one with genuis ideas, you get with Kirsten Dunst, develop film ideas, get Tarantino to back them financially and you are even more famous, and you have even more money, so you and your charming hollywood actress can live happily ever after.
----

23.09.2009 - 03:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 22.09.2009 at 10:39

I voted yes because i want to become moderately famous, though not to the point i can't walk on the street without wearing sunglasses, ordinary clothes and a hat, you get the picture. just so that people in my field can recognize and respect me

Agreed. I want to make a healthy living off of what I do, and be world-renowned for it, but not be a "celebrity" if you know what I mean.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.09.2009 - 07:43
BADDEST MEMBER
Ok, so maybe the culture difference, may I ask you all: if you are too much famous as far as you hate like not being able to walk on the street with sunglasses, normal clothes, etc but does that mean the motherfucking paparizi and public people DEFEAT you ? if you are famous (ok now I turn to talk more on the normal world), and you still DARE to wear your stuff and do WHATEVER you want, no matter what other people think about you, is that not bad? I tell you this thing, few months ago, one of my roomate, I asked and he said he does not want to be famous, and when you take some funny picture as he was nude besides his penis, I asked him what he think if his pic is world wide well known, he said it would not bother him. So,..

To about the celebrities, I think most of them, they have got used to be as celebrities, maybe some public formal event, they must a bit be careful about their appearances, clothes, etc. But seems they are followed everywhere, everytime by magazines/fans, and they are still very natural about themselves.

Maybe the term "celebrities" here, mostly refers to who work in art fields, but the first word of wikipedia, it is defined as the person who is recognized by people, can they be other people who work not in art fields?
23.09.2009 - 07:49
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
No, I don't want to be famous. I think it would be rather annoying having my personal life constantly interrupted by fans. I enjoy being able to go and do whatever I want and be left alone to my privacy.
23.09.2009 - 07:49
BADDEST MEMBER
Written by Bad English on 23.09.2009 at 01:27

I agree, dude.
PS:
13.01.2010 - 14:57
Oracle
Orcinus
No, i do not want to be famous. I don't think i want paparazzi in my face every hour of the day and being judged by what i eat or what i wear and have it published in magazines and shit... I don't think i would want false rumors started about me either... I think I'll be a lot less happy if i was famous. Money wouldn't make me happy either, i will probably just go and spend it all on clothes, CD's and shit lol
13.01.2010 - 15:27
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Konrad on 23.09.2009 at 00:14

Infamous! lol

Same train of thought here. Bad publicity is good publicity.
15.01.2010 - 22:46
MetallicA
I voted no cause I was thinking of this in the more traditional sense. I don't want paparazzi following me, and I want my privacy respected.

But in terms of metal, I wouldn't mind being 'famous'...no paparazzi and all the cool people know you because you're the coolest I'll use myself as an example of this...I was a dJ while getting my undergrad degree and I hosted one of the 2 local metal shows on the radio...therefor most in the local scene came to know
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
15.01.2010 - 22:57
JD
Account deleted
Nope, I don't wanna be famous.
15.01.2010 - 23:04
Reza
Account deleted
It shouldn't be bad. Anyway it has its especial problems but there are positive aspects for it too. I voted it YES.