Metal Storm logo
"Fuck, I wish they'd disband before it gets even worse"

05.02.2011 - 17:45
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Some metal bands get very bad with time, wether because they lack inspiration or just know how to make money with the same formula, except we're not stupid and we can realize that (this is called "sellout", for those of you who didn't know).

Then, for your mental health or simply because you dont want the band's grand legacy corrupted any further, you wish it would split apart and leave a good memory...

If you had the power to disband ONE band in the world (known it's not ours to decide that...), which one would it be?
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
05.02.2011 - 17:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Although I am looking forward to hearing the new album with Joey Belladonna, Id have chosen Anthrax after they fired Joey the second time. The band have just became such a farce in the last few years, its almost been painful following them. And Scott and Charlie have really dragged the band's name through the mud with all the various shenanigans that have gone on.
05.02.2011 - 18:02
Luneth
Account deleted
Stratovarius.
05.02.2011 - 18:06
Kennoth
Nothing I can think of. If I hate the new stuff, I'll just ignore it.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.02.2011 - 18:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There would be no such a band and quit sticking topics to random bands just to make them more visible...i hate this so much
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.02.2011 - 18:09
Kennoth
Written by Ellrohir on 05.02.2011 at 18:08

There would be no such a band and quit sticking topics to random bands just to make them more visible...i hate this so much

I agree.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
05.02.2011 - 18:10
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys

The bands I chose aren't random. They're all bands lots of people would actually want to see fall apart.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
05.02.2011 - 18:19
Nyxgrinder
Metallica

they just can´t be the same
05.02.2011 - 18:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Nyxgrinder on 05.02.2011 at 18:19

Metallica

That will be by far the most popular answer. I dont need to be a clairvoyant to see that... lol
05.02.2011 - 18:44
Thursar
Nightwish. Nuff said
05.02.2011 - 18:48
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Angelic Storm on 05.02.2011 at 18:23

Written by Nyxgrinder on 05.02.2011 at 18:19

Metallica

That will be by far the most popular answer. I dont need to be a clairvoyant to see that... lol

Yeah, but I am shocked it wasn't in the opening post itself or at least the second.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
05.02.2011 - 18:54
moe5512
Bullet for my valentine ( i rather enyoyed their first album even if it was their most emo one)
in flames, after clayman they became really crappy
metallica, you all know why
all 80s cheesy hair metal bands

motörhead could quit too, I have heard all their recent and upcoming albums just by listening to ace of spades
05.02.2011 - 19:06
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Kennoth on 05.02.2011 at 18:06

Nothing I can think of. If I hate the new stuff, I'll just ignore it.

I'm with you. Actually it happened a few times before. For example, I was a big fan of Within Temptation in the 'Mother Earth' era. Then they released the third album, and when I heard it I was so disappointed I even tried to force myself into it... But then I realized it was useless, and I just ignored them since then.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
05.02.2011 - 19:58
Cassian
Forever Slave
05.02.2011 - 20:08
soadbyob
Account deleted
This is just one of the millions of reasons why I love SOAD, they realized what Hypnotize was to Self Titled and went on "hiatus". Thank god, I couldnt watch them suck before my eyes. But back to the question, yeah Metallica is the obvious choice.
05.02.2011 - 20:15
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
The Simpsons.

Sorry for the off-topic remark but I just had to say that. If The Simpsons had ended after the tenth season or even earlier they definitely would have been the best TV series ever. Now it carries 12 years of dubious loud on its shoulders.

As for bands, I'd say Nile. I think their highlight was "Black Seeds...", the following two were also very enjoyable, and then they lost it. You just can't milk the same theme again and again. But I don't care that much about Nile, what concerns me are The Simpsons...
05.02.2011 - 20:22
Beer Fairy
Sepultura
05.02.2011 - 20:24
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I would say Judas Priest. Sure every band has its "comeback" album with new energy....but they already had that with Painkiller, and that was 20 years ago. When Halford rejoined the band they where already an old dinosaur, and have now gotten to the point that their starting to show their ACTUAL age (Halford can't remember lines, Tipton can't play all of his notes, etc). I mean I'm sure we might see a comeback (anythings possible, although highly unlikely)
05.02.2011 - 20:27
Jiri
Cradle of Filth. They got nothing left.
05.02.2011 - 20:31
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Cradle Of Filth ruined their sound a long time ago (I'm gonna see them tonight, LOL), as did Sepultura and Mayhem.
05.02.2011 - 20:43
.Nemesis.
Cryptopsy sucks. If you guys like Cryptopsy, no offense. But I HATE them, they don't even deserve to be called metal.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
05.02.2011 - 21:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Yeah, Anthrax would definitely be the choice for me. They keep trying to resuscitate something that's dead and slightly tainting it each time.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.02.2011 - 21:30
I_Die_Often
So many to choose from...
But I will say KORN
They have fallen apart!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
05.02.2011 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
To many bands in lista nd its to late you shood open it in 1995 something or 1997 because it is gone worst years ago so from new bands I cant name since Im more in classic staff and new albums what I listen I like so I cant asnver
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2011 - 21:31
Ernis
狼獾
Sugababes...

And I don't think Nightwish should fall into this category. Compared to many other groups their line-up changes have not been so numerous and there has been no album by this band which could be called a disaster.

But Sugababes... this is a rotting money-machine producing corruptive music similar to Rihanna and Lady Gaga and abusing a name of an otherwise all right band that hasn't been existing for years...
05.02.2011 - 21:42
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 05.02.2011 at 21:31

Sugababes...

And I don't think Nightwish should fall into this category. Compared to many other groups their line-up changes have not been so numerous and there has been no album by this band which could be called a disaster.

But Sugababes... this is a rotting money-machine producing corruptive music similar to Rihanna and Lady Gaga and abusing a name of an otherwise all right band that hasn't been existing for years...

Sugar whom? Lol nah leave them alone man, Heidi is my future wife.
05.02.2011 - 21:43
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Kennoth on 05.02.2011 at 18:09

I agree.

+1
Also I must ad that i kinda would like to see Dimmu Borgir finally dismembered ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.02.2011 - 21:49
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 05.02.2011 at 21:42

Always kinda preferred Siobhan and Mutya...
05.02.2011 - 21:54
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 05.02.2011 at 21:49

Written by Guest on 05.02.2011 at 21:42

Always kinda preferred Siobhan and Mutya...

Fine, you can have them both, as long as Heidi is mine!
05.02.2011 - 22:17
dunskii
I dont want to see any band just disappear, but if i had to choose one then i would probably say Dream Theater, their music is still amazing but since Portnoy left they can never reachieve that amazing sound they have with him on the drums.

I'm not putting them down at all as a band but i just don't think theyll be the same without him