Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
15.11.2006 - 16:40
Konrad
Mormon Storm
I'd also like to say that Dr. Octagonecologyst by Dr. Octagon (aka Kool Keith aka Dr Doom) is the GATEWAY to the new school...if you don't have this cd, get it now. Even people who don't enjoy hip-hop will appreciate this.
----
Brujerizmo!
16.11.2006 - 00:22
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Author on 15.11.2006 at 09:01

Me I'm a big hip hop fan, I'm into hip hop as much as I'm into metal, though I've been into metal longer than hip hop. Some of my favourite groups/artists are:
Non Phixion
Necro
NWA
Tupac
Biggie
Cypress Hill
Wu Tang Clan
DMX
Kool G Rap
Mobb Deep
Tragedy Khadafi
Immortal Technique
Geto Boys
Ganksta NIP
Ice T
Spice 1
Big L
Big Noyd
Dayton Family
Jedi Mind Tricks
K-Rino
Brotha Lynch Hung
Snoop (old)
M.O.P
Nas
EPMD
Naughty By Nature
Boot Camp Click
Busta Rhymes
Eminem (old)
Onyx
Eric B. And Rakim
R.A The Rugged Man
Warcloud
Cannibal Ox
Aesop Rock
House Of Pain
La Coka Nostra

Damn I could keep on naming rappers I like for ages

He he yeah man, I'm pretty much the same way. Though there are some I do recognize andd others I don't on your list.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
16.11.2006 - 02:49
GreekGoodfella
Account deleted
Written by Konrad on 15.11.2006 at 16:40

I'd also like to say that Dr. Octagonecologyst by Dr. Octagon (aka Kool Keith aka Dr Doom) is the GATEWAY to the new school...if you don't have this cd, get it now. Even people who don't enjoy hip-hop will appreciate this.

Kick arse album I love it. Another of the best hip hop albums I've heard is Non Phixion's The Future Is Now, its probably my favourite rap album, its such a pitty that they broke up. Also an unknown fact is that Away from Voivod actually helped design the bands logo, and Ill Bill, with his brother Necro used to be in a death metal band called injustice. http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=27529

PS: Arian Totalis - who do you know and who you don't cause I could probably up some stuff for you from those you don't know
16.11.2006 - 03:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Author on 16.11.2006 at 02:49

PS: Arian Totalis - who do you know and who you don't cause I could probably up some stuff for you from those you don't know

Those I know: NWA, Tupac, Biggie, Wutang, DMX, Mobb Deep, Khadafi, geto boys, Ice T, Snoop, Nas, Busta Rhymes, and Eminem.

Those I do not know: Neon Phixion, Necro, Kool G Rap, Immortal Technique, Gangsta Nip, Spice 1, Big L, Big Noyd, Dayton Family, Jedi Mind Tricks, K-Rino, Brotha Lynch Hung,EPMD, Naughty By Nature, Boot Camp Click, Onyx, Eric B. And Rakim, R.A The Rugged Man,Warcloud, Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, House Of Pain, La Coka Nostra
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.11.2006 - 09:16
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Call me elitist, but im pure metal/rock, and im curious as to why a metal site has a rap forum on it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.11.2006 - 12:02
GreekGoodfella
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 16.11.2006 at 03:51

Written by Author on 16.11.2006 at 02:49

Those I know: NWA, Tupac, Biggie, Wutang, DMX, Mobb Deep, Khadafi, geto boys, Ice T, Snoop, Nas, Busta Rhymes, and Eminem.

Those I do not know: Neon Phixion, Necro, Kool G Rap, Immortal Technique, Gangsta Nip, Spice 1, Big L, Big Noyd, Dayton Family, Jedi Mind Tricks, K-Rino, Brotha Lynch Hung,EPMD, Naughty By Nature, Boot Camp Click, Onyx, Eric B. And Rakim, R.A The Rugged Man,Warcloud, Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, House Of Pain, La Coka Nostra

Damn most of the rappers you know are pretty big, except for Khadafi, there all pretty well known. Anyways here are my recommendations for must have albums from these guys. I'll post some up some other time but I can't do it right now.

Non Phixion - The Future Is Now You should also check out each of non phixions mc's solo stuff as they all kick arse (Ill Bill, Goretex, and Sabac) Also my favourite rap album of all time

Necro - Gory Days and Circle Of Tyrants. CoT also features Ill Bill, Goretex and Mr Hyde. And guest appearances by Igor Cavalera (of Sepultura), Alex Skolnick (of Testament), Matt Harvey (of Exhumed) Vinny Appice (of Black Sabbath/Dio), and Alex Skolnick (of Testament).

Kool G Rap - Almost anything by him kicks arse but I'll recommend you check out Roots Of Evil

Immortal Technique - I recommend you check out both of his albums both Revolutionary Vol 1 & 2.

Ganksta NIP - The father of horrorcore, he makes Geto Boys look pale buy comparison, The South Park Psycho is a must have for fans of dark, morbid, twisted and grimey rap

Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote - classic west coast gangsta album

Big L - Lifestyles Ov Da Poor And Dangerous

Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent By Design and Servants In Heaven, Kings In Hell

K-Rino - Worst Rapper Alive

Brotha Lynch Hung - Seasons Of Da Siccness

EPMD - Strictly Business - Classic golden age hip hop, considered one of the best albums of its time

Boot Camp Click - The Last Stand

Onyx - Bacdufuckup

Eric B. And Rakim - Paid In Full - Must have album this is a pure classic.

R.A The Rugged Man - Die, Rugged Man, Die

Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein

I could go on listing albums for forever but those are just some.

You can get a lot of these albums and other good albums from here:
http://bootisconnex.blogspot.com/
http://biffhop.blogspot.com/
http://rapdungeon.blogspot.com/
http://crooklyns.blogspot.com/
http://thephoenixsspot.blogspot.com/
http://magga-goldenagehiphop.blogspot.com/
http://www.philaflava.com/blog/2006/01/too-much-music.html
www.albumbase.com <----- this site has tones of albums and almost everything can be found here
16.11.2006 - 15:19
Konrad
Mormon Storm
If you liked The Cold Vein you MUST get Fantastic Damage by El-P. It is beyond proof that El-P is the most talented producer alive. I was also listening to Cypress Hill's "Black Sunday" the other day...the beats on that album are SOOOO FRESH.

Does anyone listen to DJ shit such as RJD2 or Blockhead? Portishead (although not really hip-hop) has some sick beats as well.
----
Brujerizmo!
16.11.2006 - 15:21
Sunioj
Did anyone like Methodman and Redmans album? I forgot what its called but it includes the song "cereal killer".
16.11.2006 - 15:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Never thought that people here on MS like rap ... hehe, MS people give rap more credit and cheers than Metallica or Cradle of Filth
----
16.11.2006 - 15:41
Sunioj
Written by Warman on 16.11.2006 at 15:26

Never thought that people here on MS like rap ... hehe, MS people give rap more credit and cheers than Metallica or Cradle of Filth

I think its just because its such a differrent thread that its getting alot of attention, talking about those bands on a metal forum gets old sometimes.
17.11.2006 - 13:04
GreekGoodfella
Account deleted
Written by Konrad on 16.11.2006 at 15:19

If you liked The Cold Vein you MUST get Fantastic Damage by El-P. It is beyond proof that El-P is the most talented producer alive. I was also listening to Cypress Hill's "Black Sunday" the other day...the beats on that album are SOOOO FRESH.

Does anyone listen to DJ shit such as RJD2 or Blockhead? Portishead (although not really hip-hop) has some sick beats as well.

Yeh I've been meaning to check out more stuff by El-P but I've just never gotten around to it. What other hip hop albums would you recommend I check out.
Oh and I think stuff like RJD2, Blockhead & Portishead even though I haven't heard any, is considered trip hop, which is actually a form of hip hop so yeh I'd call em hip hop.
17.11.2006 - 14:20
Konrad
Mormon Storm
El-P did all the beats on the Cold Vein...so you actually have heard him. To be honest, Fantastic Damage is so complex it will take you a WHILE to really get into. Well, most people anyway. Other than that, I'd say get Company Flow's "Funcrusher Plus". This was the original group formed by El-P and Bigg Jus. Get RJD2'S Deadringer, that's the best. Let me know what you think of those...
----
Brujerizmo!
21.12.2006 - 08:14
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Just thought I'd post as I am currently listening to Nas' debut album 'Illmatic.' Anyone a fan, I first got my taste of him off of the song "Road to Zion" from Damian Marley's latest album 'Welcome to Jamrock.' I've been trying to find this album, but haven't been able too. I'm sure it's around somewhere as Nas is a popular rapper. Anyway, I love the old school feel: beats, leads, lyrics, and delivery. Perfect.
----
The force will be with you, always.
22.12.2006 - 01:50
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Clintagräm on 21.12.2006 at 08:14

Just thought I'd post as I am currently listening to Nas' debut album 'Illmatic.' Anyone a fan, I first got my taste of him off of the song "Road to Zion" from Damian Marley's latest album 'Welcome to Jamrock.' I've been trying to find this album, but haven't been able too. I'm sure it's around somewhere as Nas is a popular rapper. Anyway, I love the old school feel: beats, leads, lyrics, and delivery. Perfect.

Dude I love Nas. I got my first taste of him with the Song "The world is yours." Since then I have come to love such songs as Oochy wally, Hate me now, Got Urself a Gun, and I can. Nas and DMX are my two favorite new york rappers.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

22.12.2006 - 06:25
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
The new Jedi Mind Tricks album kicks major ass! But I doubt it can overthrow the brilliant, Violent By Design. The background rhythms composed by these guys is just plain awesome. Real cool lyrics and beats as well.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
29.12.2006 - 01:06
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I just hate rap!! I'm sick of having to listen to people blasting their rap in their car stereos EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! I'm sorry... but to me, a good rapper is a dead rapper. That's my opinion.
29.12.2006 - 07:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Empty Spaces on 29.12.2006 at 01:06

I just hate rap!! I'm sick of having to listen to people blasting their rap in their car stereos EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! I'm sorry... but to me, a good rapper is a dead rapper. That's my opinion.

Well, it's nice that that's your oppinion, but please, if you're going to critisize this genre of music, speak with a little bit of intelligence please. I'm oh so sorry that the mean mean people are annoying you by Blasting their rap music out of their car, but I'm sure that Douchebags get annoyed when people like me or you wear metal T-Shirts, or For having long hair (I don't know if you have long hair, Nevermind if you don't)
But maby think of the Hypocrysy of your own statement. Once more, Back up any kind of critisisizm with some intelligence. As a matter of fact, I'm going to edit the Introductory post to say that right now.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

30.12.2006 - 01:38
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Written by Arian Totalis on 29.12.2006 at 07:28

Written by Empty Spaces on 29.12.2006 at 01:06

Well, it's nice that that's your oppinion, but please, if you're going to critisize this genre of music, speak with a little bit of intelligence please. I'm oh so sorry that the mean mean people are annoying you by Blasting their rap music out of their car, but I'm sure that Douchebags get annoyed when people like me or you wear metal T-Shirts, or For having long hair (I don't know if you have long hair, Nevermind if you don't)
But maby think of the Hypocrysy of your own statement. Once more, Back up any kind of critisisizm with some intelligence. As a matter of fact, I'm going to edit the Introductory post to say that right now.

I knew I was going to get blasted for that comment... and you're right about it not being intelligent.

I'm oh so sorry that the mean mean people are annoying you by Blasting their rap music out of their car, but I'm sure that Douchebags get annoyed when people like me or you wear metal T-Shirts, or For having long hair

How is that annoying? What I was trying to say was that this is an every day thing. Sometimes I can't even sleep with the loud music. But I now that's not what the topic is about so I'll shut up about that...

Actually, their is some rap that I can stand like The Beasty Boys (If you can call that rap ) and some 80's rap is OK, but I strongly dislike 50 cent and all that stuff on MTV... all they sing about is money and objectifying women.
30.12.2006 - 01:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Funereal: Well, I can understand how you're annoyed by the Loud stereo Music, I probably would be to if it was keeping me awake at night. But I don't mind when someone is Just driving By in their car and has their system up, the way I see it, that's their Business, they are doing no real harm.

In reguards to long hair and T-Shirts being annoying, well yeah that's hard for me to Comprehend as well. But I think that maby some people get annoyed by people from the metal scene. It's Kinda Like how I hate Scene Kids, Dressing all Emo/Hardcore and just doing whatever it takes to conform to their little mainstream social agenda. Maby some people find us annoying because they may think of us as the same way, trendy.

The Beastie Boys Not Rap?!? You're Danm Right they are, they're one of the leading rap groups of the 80's/90's, and anything they've ever put out is Awsome. Yeah, keep Listening to them.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

31.12.2006 - 16:09
Sunioj
What does anyone think of Twister? I think hes goddamn fast...the first time I heard him was on P.Diddys second album and I think the song is called "on the run pt. II". Great rapper, does anyone consider Cypress 100% rap? I think they got a good thing going one, Live at the Philmore was pretty heavy actually.
31.12.2006 - 21:17
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Sunioj on 31.12.2006 at 16:09

What does anyone think of Twister? I think hes goddamn fast...the first time I heard him was on P.Diddys second album and I think the song is called "on the run pt. II". Great rapper, does anyone consider Cypress 100% rap? I think they got a good thing going one, Live at the Philmore was pretty heavy actually.

Are you sure you don't mean Twista? Because if so, than yeah, he is definitely fast. He is actually considered to be the fastest rapper in the world. He is a pretty good rapper, But I like other rappers a lot better, because you know, speed aint everything.

And Cypress Hill is really good, Temples of Boom is a great album. I havn't heard as much by them as I would like to have, but pretty much anything I've heard by them has been 100% Rap. But the thing about rap is that it can incorperate other genres of music behind it quite easily, all it needs is a noticable rythym. They Used some Spanish Guitar on the song Tequila Sunrise.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

31.12.2006 - 22:23
Sunioj
Yeah! Twista, that guy is on something, hes insane...but yeah, Cypress Hill - Live at the Philmore has alot of their famous songs played with a real band its heavy with distortion and all that. Pretty sweet actually.
03.01.2007 - 14:27
oliviaa
I love Looptroop and Promoe (the rapper of Looptroop). Swedish political hiphop, kicks ass.
I thought I hated all hiphop, but I gave it a try, and it's reallu great music.
----
04.01.2007 - 03:35
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by oliviaa on 03.01.2007 at 14:27

I love Looptroop and Promoe (the rapper of Looptroop). Swedish political hiphop, kicks ass.

yeah, it is, you jut gotta find what's right for you.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.01.2007 - 08:07
oliviaa
Written by Arian Totalis on 04.01.2007 at 03:35

Written by oliviaa on 03.01.2007 at 14:27

yeah, it is, you jut gotta find what's right for you.

Exactly
----
15.01.2007 - 07:09
Judas
The Amputator
I used to be really into Rap and Hip-Hop prior to becoming a Metalhead. Even now, Public Enemy, Run-DMC, and Last Emperor find regular playtime among my almost exclusively Metal and Classical collection. The Beastie Boys rule too. I used to listen to lots of Cypress Hill, Method Man, 2Pac and the like, but now that's increasingly rarer for me. 'Changes' is still an awesome song though.

Some French Rap is quite interesting. While NTM are pretty crap, MC Solaar often has intelligent things to say. That's pretty much the key to my liking of rap now: if it's intelligent or old-school, I'm in. If it's gangster stuff, then I'm out.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
15.01.2007 - 10:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Ok, theres one somewhat rappish thing that I enjoyed was Motorheads 'born to raise hell' i didnt mind Ice T's rap bit in it, it put a cool sound to it....there im not totally close minded.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.01.2007 - 22:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Judas: Well some of the Gangsta stuff is quite intelligent, like Tupac for example. Lot's of his music exposed urban decay and he often times took actives steps to help try to put a stop to urban violence, despite his music being gangsta. Listen to the song "Brenda's got a baby."

@Dr. Rock: That's really cool, I'm happy to hear that Maby you'd like what Public enemy did with anthrax, or some Body count (Ice T's band.)
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

16.01.2007 - 08:42
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I once tried listening to rap(after one of my friends made me listen to it), but I found nothing good in it :neither lyrics, nor music! Also, I don't like the rappers' style, flamboyance. In this region, rappers have taught nothing but imitate foreign culture, and bring obscenity to the music scene. Thus, they're nothing more than harmful pests to (our) culture, and to music(all over the world). I can't understand how these rapsters can bring 'spiritual awareness'.
My attitude towards rap is negative due to local rapsters as well. They are the ones who wear clothes bigger than their body size, teach the youth to go to disco, smoke, get stoned, and , 'rebel' their parents, disrespect traditions, and so on....
So, for me rap is nothing more than 'crap' with 'c' silent.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.01.2007 - 09:08
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
P.S.
btw rappers here have taught the youths here to 'swallow bones without looking at their throat'....You understand? Whether one is economically capable of dressing up, partying or not, due to rap influence, he has to.... I believe majority of rap fans are of this type.
Arian, you gave an example of Anthrax & ..... , well, isn't anthrax a thrash metal band?
I think it is Death/Black/Folk metal bands that mainly focuss on culture, philosophy and religion. There aren't many thrash metal bands which write impressive lyrics on spirituality, IMO (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
----
that which shines without names and forms...