Lots of metal Heads feel that this genre has
nothing to offer, that it is unintelegent and
without feeling, that it's all about smokin'
joints and gang wars.

But others may realize that rap and metal
arn't so different after all. Just look at
How Public Enemy Did a Song with Anthrax,
It's simple, both metal and rap can tend to have
rebelious and politically themed music. (punk to actually)
They both can indicate Drug problems and spiritual
Awareness.

For me, Rap is my favorite Genre of Music second
only to metal (Of Course!) Because I feel, well......
Pretty much the same as how I explained on the previous
Paragraph. It's intelligent, Political and for the most part
rebellious music. It also sounds good to me, If it's a good
M.C., the words flow like water with the Beat in the background.

So, what about you, is it stupid to you?
Do just not like the Sound?
Or maby you Love the sound,
and hey, do you relate to it?

Go Forth and Tell me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: If you're going to critisize this genre of Music in any Negative way, Please make sure you critisize it with some inteligence. Statements like "The Only Good Rapper is a dead one," WILL BE MARKED AS A SPAM POST!!!
So please, remember that, and we're cool
17.01.2007 - 00:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Paganblood: Well, While not many thrash bands wrote Intelligent or Spiritual lyrics, Megadeth did pretty much nothing but Political based Lyrics for their first......well that's still pretty much all they write. But with Antrax and Public enemy though, it was more about setting an example of musical integration and having fun with music, and besides, Public enemy is one of the groups that focus on the political aspects of things, as well as promotes education. Just listen to the song "Fight the Power." or Maby "911 is a Joke."

I can see that your view of rap is a little distorted into believing that it's all bad, I'll give you some names that focus on good.

Run DMC
Public Enemy
Will Smith
The Fugees
The Roots

That should be enough for you for now, jsut check those dudes out. Epecially PE and Run DMC.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
18.01.2007 - 05:05
Judas
The Amputator
It would be good to remember as well that every bit of music in the world doesn't have to have some sort of message to be good. Sometimes listening to total nonsense can make you feel good, and if someone likes listening to it, then let them, as long as they don't shove it down your throat. Some music is meant to be fun.

@Arian Totalis: You've made me go and pull out my Will Smith and Fugees CDs for the first time in 2 years!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
18.01.2007 - 05:07
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Judas on 18.01.2007 at 05:05

@Arian Totalis: You've made me go and pull out my Will Smith and Fugees CDs for the first time in 2 years!

Happy I could help man, any time.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

18.01.2007 - 05:18
Judas
The Amputator
*Goes to watch 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air*

----
18.01.2007 - 05:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Judas on 18.01.2007 at 05:18

*Goes to watch 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air*

But anyway, you like the Fugees? What's your favorite song?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

18.01.2007 - 06:10
Judas
The Amputator
"Ooh la la la, it's the way that we rock when we're doin' our thing..."

God I hadn't heard 'Fu-Gee-La' for SOOOOO long! Probably my favourite still. It was their first song that I heard.

I'm going to try and find some of my Wyclef Jean stuff as well, I recall having at least 1 album...
----
18.01.2007 - 06:20
Judas
The Amputator
@Arian Totalis: Sorry for the double post, but have you heard any Australian hip-hop? It's pretty funny, I can't take it seriously because it sounds ridiculous in a broad Aussie accent, but some of it is pretty good. If you haven't heard any, try Hilltop Hoods, they're probably the best known group.
----
18.01.2007 - 06:56
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'm currently listening to Common, the song "The Light" and just thought I'd post. My love for Rap and Hip Hop has grown greatly over the last few months. Within it holds not only good feeling, amazing delivery, and great party music, but deep within there are emotions conveyed that couldn't be displayed any other way. It can truly be a beautiful art and culture.
----
The force will be with you, always.
18.01.2007 - 16:58
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.01.2007 at 00:36

@Paganblood: Well, While not many thrash bands wrote Intelligent or Spiritual lyrics, Megadeth did pretty much nothing but Political based Lyrics for their first......well that's still pretty much all they write. But with Antrax and Public enemy though, it was more about setting an example of musical integration and having fun with music, and besides, Public enemy is one of the groups that focus on the political aspects of things, as well as promotes education. Just listen to the song "Fight the Power." or Maby "911 is a Joke."

I can see that your view of rap is a little distorted into believing that it's all bad, I'll give you some names that focus on good.

Run DMC
Public Enemy
Will Smith
The Fugees
The Roots

That should be enough for you for now, jsut check those dudes out. Epecially PE and Run DMC.

I can't tell you to stop liking what you already like/enjoy, but my dislike towards rap and liking towards aggressive type of music(metal), something like Dark Funeral/ Hate Eternal stuff is also instinctive...
Thanks for those recommendations although I'm not going to check them out, for the reasons mentioned earlier...
----
that which shines without names and forms...
18.01.2007 - 19:05
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Judas on 18.01.2007 at 06:20

@Arian Totalis: Sorry for the double post, but have you heard any Australian hip-hop? It's pretty funny, I can't take it seriously because it sounds ridiculous in a broad Aussie accent, but some of it is pretty good.

Hehe, I wonder how would Scottish rap sound like.
19.01.2007 - 02:25
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher

@Arian Totalis: Sorry for the double post, but have you heard any Australian hip-hop? It's pretty funny, I can't take it seriously because it sounds ridiculous in a broad Aussie accent, but some of it is pretty good. If you haven't heard any, try Hilltop Hoods, they're probably the best known group.

I'm afraid I havn't heard them before, I will check them out and report back when I do. And about Fugee-La, Yeah! that was the first song I'd ever heard by them as well. But My favorite Fugee song is Probably Nappy headz. "Hey Mona Lisa, Could I get a Date on friday, and if you're busy, I wouldn't mind takin' saturday-ay-ay, ay-ay-ay, Round up the Possy Fugee Comin around the way." Awsome
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

19.01.2007 - 02:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Clintagräm on 18.01.2007 at 06:56

I'm currently listening to Common, the song "The Light" and just thought I'd post. My love for Rap and Hip Hop has grown greatly over the last few months. Within it holds not only good feeling, amazing delivery, and great party music, but deep within there are emotions conveyed that couldn't be displayed any other way. It can truly be a beautiful art and culture.

Yeah Common, Kanye west, Mos Def, The Roots, the list go's on and on. They all portray deep emotions and complex lifestyles within their music. That's actually one thing people don't get about Gangsta Rap, that it actually has a lot more involved in it than just Objectifying women and being destructive, it's very deep and colorful. Though the reality is that most gangsta's arn't as enlightened as those who rapp about their Lifestyle, Nas has compassion, lot's of other Gangsta's don't. Tupac was able to show that he had emotions besides cold blooded killing, lots of gangsta's don't. It's a shame. But I guess that's the way it is.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

19.01.2007 - 02:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Judas: ok so I just Listened to Hilltop Hoods, and I heard two Songs. I heard "testimonial Year" and "What a Great Night."

Testimonial year was Kinda Boring, The beat wasn't thick enough and the rhymes wern't sick enough for me.
But the Latter song was ok, it had a fun beat to it, though the whole accent thing is kind of annoying. Oh well, I'll say this much, they're talented.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

19.01.2007 - 07:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Is anyone a fan of Big L? Listening to him right now and just I'd ask. He lays down really slick rhymes. It's unfortunate that he was killed.
----
19.01.2007 - 14:30
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Author on 18.01.2007 at 19:05

@Arian Totalis: Sorry for the double post, but have you heard any Australian hip-hop? It's pretty funny, I can't take it seriously because it sounds ridiculous in a broad Aussie accent, but some of it is pretty good.

Hehe, I wonder how would Scottish rap sound like.

Well, I haven't heard any Scots rapping, but The Streets are quite famous, and they're from Birmingham, England, and have the ridiculous accent of that region. They're not bad, actually, another one worth checking out.

@Arian Totalis: 'Testimonial Year' is pretty standard, yes, but try their most famous song (at least here in Australia), 'Nosebleed Section'. Really enjoyable stuff.
----
20.01.2007 - 20:06
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Clintagräm on 19.01.2007 at 07:38

Is anyone a fan of Big L? Listening to him right now and just I'd ask. He lays down really slick rhymes. Unfortunate we was killed back in 1999.

Well, I hadn't really heard him untill today, But because of your post I checked him out This dude is awsome, sick as hell. I love his style, all I can say really, How'd he die?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

20.01.2007 - 20:21
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Also, I'm a Nas fan and I figured it's time to post some more Vids, so here you guys go, Enjoy

Nas- Got Urself a Gun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp5iwwWK3kk

Nas- Oochy Wally http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=&mode=related&v=ojstey0QgMk

Nas- The World is yours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPchSLzIU5U

Nas- Made ya look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gWD4g63RNI

Also, here are some other good songs By Different rappers

The Roots- Don't say Nuthin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOP6Vx55pqE

Method Man Ft. May J. Blige- All I need http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bto8HJr6Ro

Eminem- The Way I am http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEw0H74MsNk
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

21.01.2007 - 07:14
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Arian Totalis on 20.01.2007 at 20:06

Written by Clintagräm on 19.01.2007 at 07:38

Is anyone a fan of Big L? Listening to him right now and just I'd ask. He lays down really slick rhymes. Unfortunate we was killed back in 1999.

Well, I hadn't really heard him untill today, But because of your post I checked him out This dude is awsome, sick as hell. I love his style, all I can say really, How'd he die?

He was shot dead in his home town of Harlem.
----
26.01.2007 - 05:07
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I have been listening to some Eminem Lately, and let me say that I love his music, so many people become fruitlessly offended by his lyrics when they don't realize he says the things he says to Intentionally make them angry. But seriously he's a lyrical genious, he mixes humor with seriousness, so unless you're a fan you don't know when he's joking and when he's serious.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

04.02.2007 - 00:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am into rap a little, but I hate Eminem, 50 Cent, Nelly, Ja Rule...
Sometimes I play songs from 2Pac, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill even some X-zibit songs, it is quite ok.
When Public Enemy was last time in Belgrade I went to see concert, and I also saw Cypress Hill in my hometown, it is one of the coolest non metal parties I eer been.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
10.02.2007 - 04:17
heresiarch
Forever Dead
this is good as it can be
I think that everybody has heard the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVtbc_XzrI

hehehee
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
10.02.2007 - 07:55
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by heresiarch on 10.02.2007 at 04:17

this is good as it can be
I think that everybody has heard the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbVtbc_XzrI

hehehee

Yeah I think that's a pretty good parody, but have you ever heard the origional version "Ridin' Dirty?" It's actually decent, it's a song about courrupt cops trying to catch a guy with illegal paraphanalia when he has none.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

11.02.2007 - 13:34
Carrion
Account deleted
I love rap when it's good But then there's the "24/7 rolling in MTV" type songs.. One big reason why I avoid the whole channel.
11.02.2007 - 17:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Carrion:Well yeah alot of the MTV Stuff is quite agitating, mostly it's not even rapping it's just a chorus chanted over and over on that channel, truly annoying. But there are those that recieve exposure from MTV that are still alright, such as: Wutang Clan, Dr. Dre, Eminem, Xzibit, and a few others.

p.s.- 1,000 Posts
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

12.02.2007 - 02:15
TheRealThing
Account deleted
I like the old school boys, as far as rap goes, back when the genre had a voice and wasn't corrupted by the money grubbing teeny bopper music that plagues MTV today. N.W.A, Public Enemy and Run D.M.C are all cool in my books, but thats about as far as it goes with me, and of course, Mike Patton's Peeping Tom project, which had alot of rap element.
12.02.2007 - 02:48
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Just thought I'd post I'm listening to MC Guru's (of Gang Starr fame) album 'Jazzmatazz, Vol. 3: Streetsoul.' It has a really nice flavor of Soul, Jazz, Hip Hop and an array of other interesting genre's thrown in. For anyone wanting to taste a plethora of African American Sound and Soul take a bite out of this album. Speaking of Guru, is anyone a fan? I first got a taste of him from my Bob Marley collaborations album 'Chant Down Babylon' on the track "Johnny Was." I personally love his voice above all else, not to mention he's a great MC that speaks a good message about life.
----
12.02.2007 - 03:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Author on 12.02.2007 at 02:15

I like the old school boys, as far as rap goes, back when the genre had a voice and wasn't corrupted by the money grubbing teeny bopper music that plagues MTV today. N.W.A, Public Enemy and Run D.M.C are all cool in my books, but thats about as far as it goes with me, and of course, Mike Patton's Peeping Tom project, which had alot of rap element.

You Like NWA? Cool. What's your favorite Song. I'd have to say Mine is "Express Yourself."

and

@C-Dub: Sorry man can't say I've heard of him.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

12.02.2007 - 04:12
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 03:36

You Like NWA? Cool. What's your favorite Song. I'd have to say Mine is "Express Yourself."

and

It's a tie between "Gangsta Gangsta" and "Chin Check". Although that would be blasphemy to not pick the Easy-E era song.
12.02.2007 - 04:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Author on 12.02.2007 at 04:12

and

It's a tie between "Gangsta Gangsta" and "Chin Check". Although that would be blasphemy to not pick the Easy-E era song.

Well after Dre Left NWA Pretty much fell apart, and Eazy-E and MC Ren were the only two Rappers left in the group, so any NWA Song is an Eazy-E era song really. But yeah, for such a short lived rap crew, they certainly Impacted hip-hop for the ages.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

12.02.2007 - 04:41
TheRealThing
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 12.02.2007 at 04:20

Written by Author on 12.02.2007 at 04:12

and

Well after Dre Left NWA Pretty much fell apart, and Eazy-E and MC Ren were the only two Rappers left in the group, so any NWA Song is an Eazy-E era song really. But yeah, for such a short lived rap crew, they certainly Impacted hip-hop for the ages.

Really? As far as I knew, Easy left. But shows what I know in depth on the rap scene. His non-presence on Chin Check through me off. I'll look more into the later stuff .