‹‹ Back to the Recreation Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]
Users visited: 234  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Ellrohir on 28.03.2013 at 11:10
Saw the new Die Hard...totally disappointed with pointless stuff with lots of running, shooting, explosions leading to nowhere...

Page 34 of 34

ANGEL REAPER

27.10.2014 at 13:09
So i watched Guardians of Galaxy last night.Its ok film i guess.It was fun thing and well as ridiculous as Star Wars so it actually works Yeah, it was not a bad movie, i liked it.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
Ilham
attention whore*

27.10.2014 at 13:18
JFK is a great movie, even if you don't want to talk about the political content and treat it like fiction. It's one of those very few movies I have to watch regularly and never get tired of. I'll forever be haunted by that scene.

Back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.
EntombedRainfall

27.10.2014 at 23:09
Written by Ilham on 27.10.2014 at 13:18

JFK is a great movie, even if you don't want to talk about the political content and treat it like fiction. It's one of those very few movies I have to watch regularly and never get tired of. I'll forever be haunted by that scene.

Back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.
Back, and to the left.

Oh, I know it, it truly is haunting, I agree. I think the content of the movie was handled so well - I mean, it's not trying to tell you what happened but, rather, what didn't happen (even though we're told otherwise). Oliver Stone has made some absolutely knock-out films - JFK, Natural Born Killers, Wall Street ... By the way, have you seen W.? I haven't but I want to. Nevertheless, I am curious about your opinion of it if you have seen it.
Ilham
attention whore*

27.10.2014 at 23:36
Written by EntombedRainfall on 27.10.2014 at 23:09

Oh, I know it, it truly is haunting, I agree. I think the content of the movie was handled so well - I mean, it's not trying to tell you what happened but, rather, what didn't happen (even though we're told otherwise). Oliver Stone has made some absolutely knock-out films - JFK, Natural Born Killers, Wall Street ... By the way, have you seen W.? I haven't but I want to. Nevertheless, I am curious about your opinion of it if you have seen it.

I agree, but I've heard too many people tell me they can't be bothered with historical/political movies, I always try to sell them using other arguments. On the same theme, one of my favourite movies of all time, that you might like if you loved JFK so much: I... Comme Icare. 1979, French film by Henri Verneuil, with Yves Montand (the French Humphrey Bogart, a guy who fucked Monroe - I know, they all did). It's about the Kennedy assassination, but all the names and details have been changed. Montand is known for being a bit slow in his acting, and considering it's an old French movie, it's even slower than what you might be used to. But don't let that stop you, it's not a Michael Bay flick. Oliver Stone is said to have studied it when researching JFK. And of course, it is mandatory to watch it in its original language with subtitles. Montand is also a singer, and he uses his phrasing and voice to make dramatic effects like no one. It looks a bit kitsh now, because much less natural than what people are used to.

Now, W. You're putting me on the spot because I've been meaning to watch that one for months. I love Josh Brolin, and Bush was the guy in charge when I first started thinking about politics. I'd love to watch a movie, not a documentary this time, about him. Tell you what, I'll watch it tonight, I'll get back to you on it later. If I don't make myself do stuff by telling people I will, I just don't.
EntombedRainfall

28.10.2014 at 02:06
Written by Ilham on 27.10.2014 at 23:36

Written by EntombedRainfall on 27.10.2014 at 23:09

I agree, but I've heard too many people tell me they can't be bothered with historical/political movies, I always try to sell them using other arguments. On the same theme, one of my favourite movies of all time, that you might like if you loved JFK so much: I... Comme Icare. 1979, French film by Henri Verneuil, with Yves Montand (the French Humphrey Bogart, a guy who fucked Monroe - I know, they all did). It's about the Kennedy assassination, but all the names and details have been changed. Montand is known for being a bit slow in his acting, and considering it's an old French movie, it's even slower than what you might be used to. But don't let that stop you, it's not a Michael Bay flick. Oliver Stone is said to have studied it when researching JFK. And of course, it is mandatory to watch it in its original language with subtitles. Montand is also a singer, and he uses his phrasing and voice to make dramatic effects like no one. It looks a bit kitsh now, because much less natural than what people are used to.

Now, W. You're putting me on the spot because I've been meaning to watch that one for months. I love Josh Brolin, and Bush was the guy in charge when I first started thinking about politics. I'd love to watch a movie, not a documentary this time, about him. Tell you what, I'll watch it tonight, I'll get back to you on it later. If I don't make myself do stuff by telling people I will, I just don't.

That would be exceptional, thanks a lot! You are clearly very knowledgable and passionate about cinema and it's nice to have discussions about it beyond "that movie is good" or "this movie is bad" or whatever. Ah, yes, the elusive I Comme Icare! I have heard of it (admittedly through the Oliver Stone reference) but have yet to see it unfortunately. It hasn't been released domestically here in the States although I am hoping that Criterion will pick it up since it certainly seems like something up their alley.

Oh, and about subtitles, to me watching films in their original language is essential - I hate dubbing! Unfortunately some European films released over here in the States are dubbed with no original language options available ... bleh, it's criminal (or should be), haha, and I don't like it. Speaking of subtitles, I picked up a copy of Nobuhiko Obayashi's House today and am quite excited to watch it. I guess it's quite the headtrip horror film and I am expecting some good things! I plan to watch it either tonight or tomorrow ... we'll see.
Bad English
nobody

28.10.2014 at 03:00
Blast From The Past
Good comedy , well stuck In the shelter, 1th time see this word, well good mobiles and FB did not existed when he came back

Enter The Ninja
Z level movie, didn't work, ehhh but great Indonesian landscapes (after mastering ninja went there
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
EntombedRainfall

29.10.2014 at 20:09
I watched Obayashi's House last night and thought it was a good picture overall. It is undoubtedly a very psychedelic and odd horror picture although it's difficult to place it because it wasn't really behind, around or ahead of its time (1977) ... indeed, it's that unique, haha! It's not a particiularly horrifying movie as it's quite colorful and comical but it really wouldn't find into any other category for horror save for perhaps "art film" which is a rather ambiguous classification anyway that I don't care to use.
-DC-002-
Mastercommander

30.10.2014 at 01:14
Written by EntombedRainfall on 29.10.2014 at 20:09

I watched Obayashi's House last night and thought it was a good picture overall. It is undoubtedly a very psychedelic and odd horror picture although it's difficult to place it because it wasn't really behind, around or ahead of its time (1977) ... indeed, it's that unique, haha! It's not a particiularly horrifying movie as it's quite colorful and comical but it really wouldn't find into any other category for horror save for perhaps "art film" which is a rather ambiguous classification anyway that I don't care to use.

Hey Bud, I'll recommend you, Wake in Freight if you haven't seen it. its all on youtube i believe. Another horror-ish film made in the 70s. It is very weird and unsettling. its about a man who takes a vacation to bum-fuck-nowhere in the outback of Australia and almost loses his humanity.
----
Coldgrits
Bad English
nobody

30.10.2014 at 01:45
Sea of Love
Good 80's cop film, more realistic, no kick doors and super jumps, old good pacino -- 100% 80's live, streets, single people and booze
I would be alcohiloc if there wont be MS,
----

-DC-002-
Mastercommander

30.10.2014 at 06:07
Plague Dogs. Its like animated Homeward Bound but instead of everything being alright, nothing is. very grim and depressing animated movie from 1982.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v14869077Ew4rJy9g John Hurt plays a dog!
----
Coldgrits
Bad English
nobody

31.10.2014 at 02:22
Doney Brasko
Good mafia film, AS Pacino, J Depp , sees based on real events, if you're a FED and go under cover, never have 4 kids and wife, marriage be over, good mafia film, who remember days when you need use pay phone
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34]

Login or register to post here.