Discuss Films You've Watched Recently (Spoilers Will Be Deleted)

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 24.07.2014 - 00:17
Funeral in Berlin
2. Harry Palmer film ... about east Berlin and spy shit , cant say much but good seems it was re colored comparing whit 1th one

Billion Dollar Brain
3th Harry Palmer
Ending was damn James Bond style, unrealistic, but still not such supper action ... again bullshit ppl cant walk on frozen sea
It was made in Helsinki, HP was out of MI5 and came back, he was freezing in Finland like November , those who remember 70's winter was colder everywhere ... and why they pick up Riga/Latvia as revolutionary place .....

Bullet To Bey Jing
4th Harry Palmer film, mid 90's spy shit
I hope Troy wont say this is spoiling but 1-2-3 were made in 60's this in 90's and HP is old and now its in Peterburg (capitalism is in Russia, they let made spy film there) road trip to China via Russia ... landscapes , small shit holes, good film
BTW opening scene a metalhead put a poster on the wall about Venom concert in London
14.02.2017 - 20:24
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Sexy Beast (2000)

Really really good movie. I've always liked Ray Winstone's macho performances and this is no exception. Kingsley is really interesting too and another one of those mouth-y villain characters, so really loved him. The direction is pretty top-notch too.
18.02.2017 - 13:21
Dima
Dark City

Pretty solid. Mr Hand stole the show imo. Kiefer was great too.The movie flew by. I think it would have benefited to be a little bit longer.
26.02.2017 - 01:19
IronAngel
I've seen some very good films lately. Not just good stories, but stuff that puts the medium of film to good use.

La grande bellezza (The Great Beauty) - one of the best artsy, primarily aesthetic films I've ever seen. Often style comes at the cost of substance or seems cliché, and I guess that's what people mean by "pretentious". Not so here; I don't remember the last time I've been so completely mesmerized by cinema, from the gorgeous opening and a drawn-out, Felliniesque rave scene all through the credits, floating on the Tiber. The milieus, the camera work, the wardrobe - it's immaculate. I think I actually cried at some point, not because of the story so much as the presentation. If you appreciate beauty (or Rome), you need to see this.

Birdman - certainly a bit of a Hollywood handjob, but I thought it was both hilarious and weighty. The weirdness did not distract or seem heavyhanded.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - a hipster/internet handjob, but the direction is so very good, the deadpan characters are wonderful and the humour is excellent. It did get too action-heavy and rushed toward the end, though. It would have benefited from sparser plotting to give room for character growth. I am glad I haven't read the graphic novel first, because it would probably detract from the experience.

Children of Men - perfectly plotted and paced dystopian thriller. It is especially notable for its long shots where the camera moves with the action, building suspense and a sense of being in the scene with the protagonist. As far as the genre goes, this was one of the best I've seen, surprised there hasn't been more hype about it.

A Single Man - another visually stunning drama. A day in the life of an English professor (Colin Firth) trying to cope with the death of his partner. The story was nice enough, although it didn't quite pull me in and make me care for the characters enough to be a really great piece. I'd watch this mostly for the technique, to be honest, but it was very elegant.

Also saw Toy Story 3 and Singin' in the Rain (yeah, first time). Both of them were really entertaining. Cap America: Civil War was fun enough, nothing notable there.

I was disappointed with Unforgiven: the film was lauded as a classic western, and my film buff brother-in-law recommended it too, but it was a lot of missed potential. Old guys get back in the saddle; best days behind, killing innocent men, women taking action; a blatantly obvious attempt to look at the genre's tropes from a fresh angle, to question them a bit. Too bad it was very superficial and thrown out the window at the first chance for a gunfight. Guy can't even hit a bottle at point-blank range, but quaff some whiskey and it's all good, everyone dies again. No struggle with age when it matters. Oh, and killing your first man is a big deal, so deep! I don't think Clint was capable of handling these issues with the subtletly they would have needed to be anything more than platitudes.
26.02.2017 - 11:32
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Anyone saw the horror flick Get Out here? Critics seem to go ape over it.
28.02.2017 - 16:27
Bad English
Masterchief
The Muerder of Crows
I always wanted to be a writer, well maybe one day, cool life don't do much and sometimes law don't work, lawyers are tricky and annoying sometimes
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.03.2017 - 02:32
Bad English
Masterchief
Police Story 1
Nice comedy whit Chain, more you know how all is now, giving back Honk Kong was mistake. Maybe freedom to Colonies as well in Africa?
Anyway nice film, interesting and his biggest problem was a GF. He should be single

Police Story 2
Nice, we need diry cops who do things, I like American police, they use weapons, I like it, because often criminals goes away because some shit. like Norwegian asshole

Police Story 3 - Super Cop
Nice one and again, damn I wish akk Chan films was on TV in English

Mammas Pojkar
Nice Swedish film about guys who loves Ludor, lives whit mother and are like 40, single, and loves music and are trOO metalheads.
Swedish beavis m butthead

Wild Hogs, classic comedy, this needs part 2 and 3

Analize This shit 1th film, I like second part much better

Charlie Wilson war
Gosh senators and marriage, be single, be perfect poilitcan, the birth of Taliban, maybe we need let soviets go deeper, deeper in Pakistan. they would do west a big favor, Pakistan would be destroyed. India be super power there. but then how deep soviets would go, Iran, Iraq, Gulf and no more western oil?

Jason Borne Ultmatum I think was a name
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.03.2017 - 06:10
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Doctor Strange (2016)

Trippy visuals and nice eye candy. The star-gate like sequence and Dormammu are the highlights. Nothing fresh or bold in the film script or acting, even the exploration of magic through science is very poor and should've explored more deeply and the training period and time in which the lead character assumes all the magic is ridiculous (yeah the eidetic memory doesn't answer it bitches). Formulatic hollywood blockbuster worth a watch only for the visuals.
12.03.2017 - 21:46
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Sing (2016)

Nil comedy and defo not even as good as The secret Life of Pets. Very american movie too, lots of pop song usages, singing and very cheerful/feel-good film. So yeah not my thing. Even the huge ensemble cast doesn't make it an worthwhile watch.
13.03.2017 - 03:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by 3rdWorld on 12.03.2017 at 21:46

Sing (2016)

Nil comedy and defo not even as good as The secret Life of Pets. Very american movie too, lots of pop song usages, singing and very cheerful/feel-good film. So yeah not my thing. Even the huge ensemble cast doesn't make it an worthwhile watch.

it is superiot to The Secret Lufe Of Pets which was a huge disappointment (trailers promising so much) and extremely lame.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2017 - 07:32
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2017 at 03:35

it is superiot to The Secret Lufe Of Pets which was a huge disappointment (trailers promising so much) and extremely lame.

I know secret life of pets is very kiddish and has a lame story but I found it slightly more enjoyable than this drama movie Sing which absolutely didn't get a single laugh from me.
22.03.2017 - 06:02
Maco
Handbanana
Satantango - Bella Tar 1994

It was cool.
----
I'm derp.