Discuss Films You've Watched Recently (Spoilers Will Be Deleted)

Original post

Posted by Troy Killjoy, 28.07.2014 - 03:04
Saw as a trilogy worked really well for me, with the second being my favorite. Everything after the third one though... just no.
13.07.2017 - 23:01
Metren
The What The?
Logan (2017)

Miserable, joyless pile of cliches, predictable as fuck at every turn with unexciting slasher-action scenes that just bored me to death. The most overhyped film of the year thus far.
----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
15.07.2017 - 21:54
3rdWorld
The Psilosopher
Hit the theatres this week after almost an year just for these films.

Transformers The Last Knight (2017)
Caught this one on Monday, I've always loved the overdone special effects for the robots and the whole chrome-plated look of the movies and this one was no exception. I actually was a bit apprehensive at looking at the reviews and ratings that Bay has left even his own signature style work but this is the most Micheal bay-ish movies of all the transformers. The movie has basically three long action sequences as the 3 acts and each one was a feast for the eyes. Kinda fan service good if you love the film series. I think I am gonna actually miss Bay helming the transformers series, gotta wait and see how the look and feel of this series changes once different directors are brought in. I hope it doesn't become as worse as those Snyder films and yeah thats what I fear most because Bay was atleast fucking consistent as fuck.

War For The Planet Of The Apes (2017)
Just came back from the Cinema after watching this, overall feels a bit of a letdown from Dawn. Main problem is the build ups are basically too long and make the actions sequences feel less satisfying after those long periods and also the movie moves at snail's pace. The emotional depth, nuance and moral dilemmas are there alright but the story is basically a one-liner and not much happens plot-wise. Watch it for Serkis' performance and oh Woody Harrelson isn't utilized very effectively either imo, what a bummer.

Alien Covenant (2017)
Watched this a couple of weeks back, very strictly for Ridley scott/Alien/Fassbender fans, lol.
19.07.2017 - 22:42
Metren
The What The?
Written by Metren on 13.07.2017 at 23:01

Logan (2017)

Miserable, joyless pile of cliches, predictable as fuck at every turn with unexciting slasher-action scenes that just bored me to death. The most disappointing film of the year thus far.

Watched it again, hated it even more. Couldn't help, but make a review for it:

----
Dreadrealm's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/ (200 Free Downloads Every Month is Bandcamp's limit)
05.08.2017 - 09:25
Bad English
Masterchief
Pat Cemetery
Nice horror, a bit week, not so scarry but classic one, best horror era was 70's 80's
I wonder, what can make a child small child be an actour in horror movie, a bit child abuse, can be trauma later

Decentness
Nice George Clooney soft comedy , and nice location, Hawai, well I would sold land. To me money matters most, even I would not sell if I have some millions

Basic Instinct 2
Idiotism, even film was good, all around was good but 100% copy of 1th one. Re make of 70's movie nowadays is OK, but this, c mon ..

Enemy Of The Gates
based on real events WWII film, and I am not happy, cant watch it, west was libereated, east was occupied, so

Monster-in-Law - Nice American comedy

Devil's Pass -. nice movie, nice theory, nobody don't know what happened whit those people there, but soviets lied about the truth
Love Ural mountains, snow is where home is
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.08.2017 - 22:50
Brotherhood4Ever
Written by Bad English on 05.08.2017 at 09:25

Basic Instinct 2
Idiotism, even film was good, all around was good but 100% copy of 1th one. Re make of 70's movie nowadays is OK, but this, c mon .

Oh man you watch softcore movie for serious work ? I just mean when I watch softcore I just skips to those scenes, I dont know if softcore has nice.dialogue.or.not, I just watch it as nonsense.. Always thought it's just for jerkoff lolzzzz
15.08.2017 - 15:14
Dima
- Baby Driver

Fantastic imo. Great shots, great music, ending dipped in quality compared to what preceded it and it was drawn out a bit but still super good.

- Memories of Murder

Top 1/2/3/5/10 movie for me. Damn it's good... very powerful and/or creepy and /or tear inducing ending.

- Conjuring 1 & 2

Fairly derivative but executed very well...hence not very scary (except the corridor scene in #2 fuck that shit, it still haunts my mind at night) but a compelling watch.

- I Saw the Devil

Rewatched it and didn't get bored. I much prefer Oldboy but still a worthy watch. Very gory (and justified imo).

-Rick and Morty

PICKLE RICKKK
20.08.2017 - 20:31
Bad English
Masterchief
Amistad - Hard to watch anti slavery film, emotional hard to see, its unjustice where justice won in some states and here we all now, but opening act was hard

Extraction - Bruce Willis didn't done nothing just part role, but New jersey bikie bar was awesome and Prague in CZ lol what an idiotic , it was NY lol

Jane Got A Gun
Western where whole movie was just waiting to a hit and later hit happened, all movie was about conversation

He who dares - SAS don't work such way, in real world few SAS sodlers would be alive in such fire fight, but movie is like we all should think about how we protect rulers!

He who dares-Downing street siege
Even IRA never dared do that as some criminals did there, cheep version about 3 films where white house was taken lol
----

02.09.2017 - 08:32
Bad English
Masterchief
The Forger - Nice John Travolta film, sad his son did not get raid because of police raid in a whore house, its saddest part. Otherwise it was nice movie about fuck up life.

Kill Me Again - Nice young Vell Kilmer , nice movie whir American ending, I wish I had such cash.

Mr nice guy
I like Chan movies, they are cool, funny, better as some action movies. Its good comedy and I like bloopers as he puts in the end of movies
----

26.09.2017 - 21:22
Bad English
Masterchief
Jason Bourne
Nice one and again suggestions says there might be ending, even I like such CIA black ops, I like then, simply like.
Film was OK; but I hoped see how he survived jump from high building, there was nothing about it.

Battle for Incheon: Operation Chromite
Based on real events, hate against red illness. Well in that case Koreans fought, did main job, US came help, this film should see young Syrian lads, what don't want fight for own country. Nice film, Liam Nesson was perfect choice in that role.

Taken Phelem 1,2,3 1999 version
I like ending, but c mon 5 million its ridiculously money for such shit what those guys suppose to do.

Standoff . Nice one, events tock place in one house, and again cop was fool and well nice film, somehow diferent, action but not action, and this is why I like American gun law, everyone can have fire arm at home.

Oceans twelve - I didn't get this, well I like heist movies made in Europe, but not comedy. Hard to get, and who was 12 person? Julia Roberts? Zeta Jones? Who?
I think its to long, first was better , this not so good, like I said, hard to understand it, happenings., people, involment.

Ocean's Thirteen
Back to LV, as first film, again needs deeper explanation, he has no wife and most unrealistic, but still nice heist film,
I like 11, 13 and 12 in such order
----

10.10.2017 - 20:38
Bad English
Masterchief
Snake son the Plane
I never have seen this legendary action comedy, but I would prefer real tangos not snakes ona place

The Mechanic Charles version and also The Mechanic Jason version

The Mechanic 2016
I don't think this film must be about Arthur Bishop, but otherwise its decent action movie.

Jägarna
1th one, classic film, from 1996. Made in Älfsbyn . close to home, but I have quastions, few scenes was way far into Lapland and mountains. Darkness in night, they don't have so dark at night during summer. Great film, I wish there would be 3th one.
----