Discuss Films You've Watched Recently (Spoilers Will Be Deleted)

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 25.10.2014 - 02:14
Metalhead 2013
I almost rape my ears to listen in old Norseman language... only few words, few extra blind guess.
nice priest , metalhead, damn ..I think I would blow my brains out if I need to live in that 80's farm in Iceland, it was depressive, (when Varg news was on TV I figure out scenario was pre BM era) ..one masterpiece , drama, emotionally hard to watch , exelent film, whit good ending
02.07.2020 - 20:17
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Written by Metren on 02.07.2020 at 01:11

Schindler's List (1993)

I do think the film has one problem - just one - but I can't discuss it without getting into spoilers,

I don't think you can't find a flaw in such a flawless film.
----
04.07.2020 - 21:28
Metren
Donkey Hotte
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.07.2020 at 20:17

I don't think you can't find a flaw in such a flawless film.

I shall respond further in the favorite villains thread, as it has no spoiler ban and my one problem with Schindler's List has to do with the villain.
----
I am not nor have I ever been a musician or a member of a one-man band, especially a band that has a name that starts with "D".
08.07.2020 - 03:04
Metren
Donkey Hotte

Brilliant film. The performances are really good, the music is fantastic, the cinematography and production design are out of this world. Some have complained that the film fails to pull on the heartstrings, but I certainly got misty-eyed at the end. All the little things that make up a film are either good, great or totally next level in 1917 and combined make it a masterpiece. I will definitely be watching this one again very soon.
----
I am not nor have I ever been a musician or a member of a one-man band, especially a band that has a name that starts with "D".
08.07.2020 - 07:57
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin
Written by Metren on 08.07.2020 at 03:04

Brilliant film. The performances are really good, the music is fantastic, the cinematography and production design are out of this world. Some have complained that the film fails to pull on the heartstrings, but I certainly got misty-eyed at the end. All the little things that make up a film are either good, great or totally next level in 1917 and combined make it a masterpiece. I will definitely be watching this one again very soon.

That sounds soothing.

I read polar opposite reviews about 1917. Still to watch.
----
08.07.2020 - 10:15
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 08.07.2020 at 07:57

Written by Metren on 08.07.2020 at 03:04

That sounds soothing.

I read polar opposite reviews about 1917. Still to watch.

Out of the other two "one-shot" movies, those being Rope and Birdman, I think I like 1917 the least, but it's still a movie you definitely have to see. Stunning cinematic achievement even if the story itself may not be anything to write home about, but it still made me fairly involved.
----
- I've dreamt of that for years.
- Dying?
- Running.

2020 goodies
10.07.2020 - 12:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Rambo The Last Blood
Good film, slow, he is slow, but still good shape, its sad film, sad ending, but I like what he did an dhow he did in brutal way to Mexican drug smugglers n human traffickers, I have no sympathies to such people
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.07.2020 - 15:27
IronAngel
Caught up on some great films recently:

Léon Morin, prêtre (1961): Jean-Pierre Melville film starring Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Paul Belmondo. Atheist woman starts meeting up with a priest during the Occupation and begins to convert. A wonderfully acted depiction of interesting characters and a very multidimensional, non-preachy depication of the various parties (communists, jews, collaborators, Germans, Americans, and just everyday people). It may have reached its climax too soon and dragged on a bit, but almost a flawless film.

Amarcord (1973): Not my favorite Fellini, but still a great film in the tradition of warm/sentimental/ironic depictions of life in small Italian communities (no doubt Cinema Paradiso was paying homage, and it's a lot like some Ettore Scola). Not much of a story here, just scenes and anecdotes from local life, but it is of course a cinematic treat.

Also saw Columbus (2017), set in the city in Indiana. It's about architecture, longing, being stuck in a small town and not knowing what to do with your life, and it's pretty much as artsy as it sounds. There's some fascinating architecture (Finnish!) and it's visually one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. There's a quiet, wistful, lingering atmosphere that makes time stand still as you watch. If you liked Sorrentino's Le Grande Bellezza, for instance, you'll like this.
11.07.2020 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by IronAngel on 10.07.2020 at 15:27

Jean-Paul Belmondo.

My 2. fav french actor, after Louis DeFunnes. Love 70 France. Different culture, different Word as we have now
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.08.2020 - 16:13
IronAngel
Written by Bad English on 11.07.2020 at 13:47

Written by IronAngel on 10.07.2020 at 15:27

Jean-Paul Belmondo.

My 2. fav french actor, after Louis DeFunnes. Love 70 France. Different culture, different Word as we have now

Yeah, I hadn't seen him before but he was great in the role.

Anyone use Letterboxd to rate/catalogue their films? It's basically like Goodreads for movies. Follow me so I can follow you (still filling in my watch history): https://letterboxd.com/lacusjuniperi/
10.08.2020 - 15:43
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by IronAngel on 07.08.2020 at 16:13

Anyone use Letterboxd to rate/catalogue their films? It's basically like Goodreads for movies. Follow me so I can follow you (still filling in my watch history): https://letterboxd.com/lacusjuniperi/

Immediately saw a 4 1/2 rating for Children Of Men. Patrician taste.
----
- I've dreamt of that for years.
- Dying?
- Running.

2020 goodies