Discuss Films You've Watched Recently (Spoilers Will Be Deleted)

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 20.07.2014 - 03:26
The Prestige
Good film, if I will tell ending I will super spoil, well it ended as usual whit starring and crew names
Ending was super trilling its like 4-5 times you think it will end and no it didn't it was twisted ... I still did not get it who has seen PM me plzzzz
its about 1900's London magicians, you can see how they do tricks
''this machine was build by wizard, who can do thinks as magicians pretend to do

Under Siege and Under Siege II : Dark Territory
1 was on the ship 2 on the train
well action films, BTW Segal made different edings all who knows action movie god guy vs bad guy fight, good kicks, then bad turn over and almost kill good, then he he cames for final hit and wins
Segal siply do all in super fats time tak away knife beat and brake troth
07.01.2017 - 02:35
3rdWorld
Brazil (1985)

Watched it almost a week ago. Probably the best love story and satire film I watched till date. Love the exaggerated satire method a lot really. The first scene at Information Retrieval and the restaurant are my absolute favorites. The satire on women is also very acute. Almost brilliantly written, directed and acted. I didn't even bother about the plot or story and the finished the movie with complete satisfaction. Its only after that when I read interviews that it seemed people had a problem with the thin plot or story, just a weird opinion I'd say. The satire and metaphor are the highlights and it was near-perfect to me. Easily much better than the action oriented 12 Monkeys.

The Zero Theorem (2013)

Could've been a really good satire and end to the trilogy but the core plot seemed muddled and overtly disconnected to me. Even the climax dialogues didn't make any sense to me at all. Not sure if the writing was rushed or if it was just badly written and Gilliam couldn't just maintain the quality of satire here. Also the casting was all around godawful. Best left ignored, wouldn't recommend this to anyone.
08.01.2017 - 00:36
Bad English
Masterchief
Skin Trade
Swedish guy in asia, true events women, girls are kidnaped, used as pussy slaves, teenage, and ppl married pervs buys it and byrocracy protects shit
I like a way how he dealed whit Russian diplomat, blow his brains out, diplomatic passport often is legal to crime, and we cant do anything, person who has nothing to lose, cam deal. Its real, nobody cares,.

Not American ending

The Package
Swede was negative, and wrestler whit not body builer type muscles was good guy, nice one, but again military ppl will laugh to that
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2017 - 07:20
3rdWorld
Kubo And The Two Strings (2016)
Already tried to watch it once and for some reason didn't like it then so shelved it as it seemed too kiddish or whatever. Gave a watch again recently and managed to finish it. I liked the character arc of the monkey and Matthew McConaughey's performance as the beetle. Good animation and fun to watch but didn't find much depth in it.

Hail Caesar! (2016)
Josh Brolin's character is the weirdest here and I have no idea mostly why he does many things and mainly why he feels such sinned and wants to do confession often. Plot is good but the script is kinda with loose ends and doesn't make sense at the end. The only thing that makes this worth watching is how excellent the performances are from the ensemble cast like those of Channing Tatum, Alden Ehrenreich, George Clooney (to a minor extent), Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton and the brilliant Ralph Fiennes. Jonah Hill is totally wasted though and I don't care much for Scarlett Johansson anyway. Formulatic Coen brothers movie that definitely should work as per the papers but feels kinda uninspired in the screen.

Room (2015)
Basically a subdued version of the Fritzl case. Good performances but I'm not sure why it was subdued so much from the real case, both the book and the movie. Classic hollywood case of watering down stuff.
21.01.2017 - 03:09
Bad English
Masterchief
Hur Många Lingon Finns I Värden
A film about down syndrome and his life a Swedish film

Awakenings
What an awesome de niro was, maybe his best play. Robby Williams as doc, based on real even when parkinsn, dementia and such ppl woke up in summer whit some experimental drugs.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.02.2017 - 21:42
3rdWorld
Serpico (1973)

Massively brilliant film. Love how the movie opens to no ends.
03.02.2017 - 09:51
no one
Not really a movie, but I watched the documentary about Mike Judge "There will be quiet" .
Really interesting, I always kind of wrote off Judge off as just being a band that started the whole militant tough guy side to straight edge. This doco shows there was more to it than that.
----
nobody
04.02.2017 - 00:21
3rdWorld
Arrival (2016)

Loved the alien parts and hated the cheesy parts, should've been more of the former. The ship is the best fucking thing about the movie and the first 30 mins are the highlight.
04.02.2017 - 15:26
Dima
Ex Machina

Really solid. Love the tension and intellectual exchanges between Nathan and Caleb. Best bits for me were the dance scene (which upon first viewing was funny and on repeat became more and more hysterical) and the first time she tried on clothes.
14.02.2017 - 20:24
3rdWorld
Sexy Beast (2000)

Really really good movie. I've always liked Ray Winstone's macho performances and this is no exception. Kingsley is really interesting too and another one of those mouth-y villain characters, so really loved him. The direction is pretty top-notch too.
18.02.2017 - 13:21
Dima
Dark City

Pretty solid. Mr Hand stole the show imo. Kiefer was great too.The movie flew by. I think it would have benefited to be a little bit longer.