Metal Storm logo
Depression (And Other Related Mental Illnesses)

Original post

Posted by Troy Killjoy, 14.12.2011 - 23:17
Due to the off-topic conversations in the love thread leading to talks of suicide, depression, angst, anxiety, and the likes...

This is your place to discuss your inner conflicts, share with others or simply give positive advice to people suffering. Reflect on past experiences, post your views on mental illnesses, share stories of family members who suffer from such illnesses - basically just keep it on topic.

/wrist
06.05.2014 - 23:12
Kirg
Written by Dr.Overkill26 on 03.05.2014 at 02:17

So you understand... It's funny cause two days ago (when I went to the e.r.) I was just like GIVE ME THE DRUGS! Will definitely be looking further into 5htp.

You've been so close to the edge, it's good you didn't cross it. Though meds might help they cure only the symptoms. Therapist will hopefully help you to find a way out of it.
I remember all those feelings few years ago, it was like an age of darkness with a few moments of hapiness. No matter how hard I tried everything was getting worse while just about everyone else was ok with their life. And all of that because I was trying to "fit in" or possibly "prove something". And it was later that I discovered how much this lifestyle was in total discord with me. I questioned everything about my life, everything I was told at school, by friends, parents, media...it was all mostly false belief that there is just one way to live. And it took goddamn strength to make the first step to change the way I lived. And with each step I took, each thing I changed, I experienced 'freedom' or even hapiness. I know my friends couldn't help me with this - they were in harmony with different lifestyle. Even now I've got close friends who thinks that I must be suffering when I go alone home while I just enjoy travelling, that I'm missing fun when I don't get drunk while I just avoid psychotic depression from alcohol. I had to find my own way out of that hell and often it was like going against the current. I can't say I'm the happiest man on the world but life is definitely bearable to me now.

I wish you good luck on your path to recover from the hell you're in!
07.05.2014 - 04:26
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Kirg on 06.05.2014 at 23:12

No matter how hard I tried everything was getting worse while just about everyone else was ok with their life. And all of that because I was trying to "fit in" or possibly "prove something". And it was later that I discovered how much this lifestyle was in total discord with me. I questioned everything about my life, everything I was told at school, by friends, parents, media...it was all mostly false belief that there is just one way to live. And it took goddamn strength to make the first step to change the way I lived.

Nice to hear that you feel better by accepting yourself. I also abandoned the whole trying to fit in thing a long while ago.
People may think that I'm a jerk because I don't go to places with them or a loser because I don't have an assiduous social life like everyone else, but I'm ok with it.
Lots of people think that the whole point of life is finding a girlfriend, marrying and having children while you get yourself a job that sustains your family, and are in such a hurry to find this perfect person they're gonna live with. But I kinda abandoned the possibility of existing someone with which I'll be happier living with than I am alone right now.
I like to be left alone, doing my things, and I like to believe there's nothing wrong with that.
I think if I would have lived pretending to be the social person that I'm not I would have been depressed too.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
07.05.2014 - 05:41
no one
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 07.05.2014 at 04:26

Nice to hear that you feel better by accepting yourself. I also abandoned the whole trying to fit in thing a long while ago.
People may think that I'm a jerk because I don't go to places with them or a loser because I don't have an assiduous social life like everyone else, but I'm ok with it.
Lots of people think that the whole point of life is finding a girlfriend, marrying and having children while you get yourself a job that sustains your family, and are in such a hurry to find this perfect person they're gonna live with. But I kinda abandoned the possibility of existing someone with which I'll be happier living with than I am alone right now.
I like to be left alone, doing my things, and I like to believe there's nothing wrong with that.
I think if I would have lived pretending to be the social person that I'm not I would have been depressed too.

One day you will find a chick who is happy to be alone and do lonely stuff with you. I did
24.05.2014 - 06:47
Dr.Overkill26
Has anyone here ever felt... Like so completely alone? Or not ok?
----
Do you need what I need? Boundaries overthrown Look inside to each his own
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
24.05.2014 - 07:34
no one
Account deleted
Written by Dr.Overkill26 on 24.05.2014 at 06:47

Has anyone here ever felt... Like so completely alone? Or not ok?

yes, and more people do than you would probably think or pick up on
27.05.2014 - 05:56
Dr.Overkill26
Confession time... Upon the afternoon of the 26th I went home from work, Cried my eyes out in bed, grabbed my half-full bottle of klonopin, called EVERYONE in my contacts, and... well 1 person actually called back. I answered, told him Things were ugly and I'm not well mentally, but I know your busy (He was doing finishing some volunteer work he was doing for his church), and let him go. I thought about taking the whole bottle, even poured the contents into my hand to see how much was in it. I think it would've been enough to kill me. But I wasn't yet sure that I wanted to die, so I Started txting my aforementioned friend, asking if he and his friends would notice if i was gone. He told me of course, and that 2 of his friends talk about me all the time. So I told him I'm in bed with a bottle of pills, half full should be enough to end it. he called right away, and again I was balling, told me he was coming over, I was all "I'm sorry to do this to you, I just don't know if I want to live or die" anyway I went and took a shower, he came over and we talked and I was FINALLY able to talk and hash things out, I hadn't realized beforehand how badly that I needed to do so. This friend not only saved my life, but he helped me change my entire perspective and now I feel like I can finally stand on my own two feet. Like for the first time in an entire year I am returning to some semblance of a normal and healthy state of mind. Sorry for the long winded post, and sorry to spill my guts all over thus forum, but I just felt it beared mentioning.
----
Do you trust what I trust? me myself and I Penetrate the smoke screen I see Through the selfish lie
27.05.2014 - 06:32
no one
Account deleted
Written by Dr.Overkill26 on 27.05.2014 at 05:56

Confession time... Upon the afternoon of the 26th I went home from work, Cried my eyes out in bed, grabbed my half-full bottle of klonopin, called EVERYONE in my contacts, and... well 1 person actually called back. I answered, told him Things were ugly and I'm not well mentally, but I know your busy (He was doing finishing some volunteer work he was doing for his church), and let him go. I thought about taking the whole bottle, even poured the contents into my hand to see how much was in it. I think it would've been enough to kill me. But I wasn't yet sure that I wanted to die, so I Started txting my aforementioned friend, asking if he and his friends would notice if i was gone. He told me of course, and that 2 of his friends talk about me all the time. So I told him I'm in bed with a bottle of pills, half full should be enough to end it. he called right away, and again I was balling, told me he was coming over, I was all "I'm sorry to do this to you, I just don't know if I want to live or die" anyway I went and took a shower, he came over and we talked and I was FINALLY able to talk and hash things out, I hadn't realized beforehand how badly that I needed to do so. This friend not only saved my life, but he helped me change my entire perspective and now I feel like I can finally stand on my own two feet. Like for the first time in an entire year I am returning to some semblance of a normal and healthy state of mind. Sorry for the long winded post, and sorry to spill my guts all over thus forum, but I just felt it beared mentioning.

good on ya for reaching for help and talking to someone, i don't know about over there but they have crises lines here you can ring too (you must have one, ted bundy worked there ).

I myself can fall in to the trap of assuming everybody is ignoring me and hates me and doesn't give a fuck....just soo convinced, but you have to give your self a reality check sometimes. I dream up these massive drama situations in my head, assume and then get convinced by all this shit. But sometimes if you just talk to someone they can put it in perspective, and then you kind realize you just got soo fucking carried away and it's actually all pretty good and normal.
27.05.2014 - 06:47
Dr.Overkill26
Quote:
Written by Guest on 27.05.2014 at 06:32

good on ya for reaching for help and talking to someone, i don't know about over there but they have crises lines here you can ring too (you must have one, ted bundy worked there ).

I myself can fall in to the trap of assuming everybody is ignoring me and hates me and doesn't give a fuck....just soo convinced, but you have to give your self a reality check sometimes. I dream up these massive drama situations in my head, assume and then get convinced by all this shit. But sometimes if you just talk to someone they can put it in perspective, and then you kind realize you just got soo fucking carried away and it's actually all pretty good and normal.

I Understand completely, That's pretty much what I had been doing that day, I misse my brother graduation ceremony i think that's what triggered it but as my posts indicated I had not been well for awhile was starting to have thoughts of suiicide again... of course I'm ok right now Thanks again to this amazing group of friends that I have made. (sorry not you msers your great But I need to get out and Physically be around people which is what I've been doing since I met Friend 1.
----
28.05.2014 - 03:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

Damn, I may not know you but I'm glad you pulled through and had a friend who could help you in your time of need.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2014 - 06:53
Dr.Overkill26
Quote:

Damn, I may not know you but I'm glad you pulled through and had a friend who could help you in your time of need.

I mean dude that was exactly what I needed was to has things out with someone who listens, who understands and doesn't judge or say nasty things. Like afterwards i realized how badly I had needed that.
----
29.05.2014 - 06:09
Dr.Overkill26
Can I just vent here? Am TRYING to remain in control of my emotions... I have no one to go to. have been in a black mood all day, was better off just sleeping and staying in bed. is there anyone there?
----
29.05.2014 - 06:43
no one
Account deleted
Written by Dr.Overkill26 on 29.05.2014 at 06:09

Can I just vent here? Am TRYING to remain in control of my emotions... I have no one to go to. have been in a black mood all day, was better off just sleeping and staying in bed. is there anyone there?

to be honest a metal forums probably not the best place to get a lot of help or advice , a forum like this maybe more suitable http://anxietyforum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Depression-Forum or this http://www.depressionforums.org/
29.05.2014 - 06:46
Dr.Overkill26
Quote:
Written by Guest on 29.05.2014 at 06:43

to be honest a metal forums probably not the best place to get a lot of help or advice , a forum like this maybe more suitable http://anxietyforum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Depression-Forum

thank you
----
31.05.2014 - 13:42
Sunioj

You need to keep yourself pre-occupied to get out of your head and interact with people. Volunteer somewhere where you are interacting with people in need imho would help a lot because the act of helping/giving is in itself healing and will give you a sense of purpose. Even if you do it once or twice a week due to employment it will still help immensely.

Don't take benzo's to counter your depression, that will only internalize your depression even more. Use it for its purpose or as a night cap.

Most importantly, sever yourself from any people that is enabling your depression. Any treatment that you are receiving whatsoever will be mitigated by the fact that you are surrounding yourself by people who either don't care or are actually the reason for your emotions.

This might sound pretty gay, but watch a Disney movie. I find general media to be filled with drama and struggle, focus away from this and towards something more positive.
31.05.2014 - 18:17
Dr.Overkill26
Written by Sunioj on 31.05.2014 at 13:42

You need to keep yourself pre-occupied to get out of your head and interact with people. Volunteer somewhere where you are interacting with people in need imho would help a lot because the act of helping/giving is in itself healing and will give you a sense of purpose. Even if you do it once or twice a week due to employment it will still help immensely.

Don't take benzo's to counter your depression, that will only internalize your depression even more. Use it for its purpose or as a night cap.

Most importantly, sever yourself from any people that is enabling your depression. Any treatment that you are receiving whatsoever will be mitigated by the fact that you are surrounding yourself by people who either don't care or are actually the reason for your emotions.

This might sound pretty gay, but watch a Disney movie. I find general media to be filled with drama and struggle, focus away from this and towards something more positive.

Ok dude I work 6-7 days a week at mcd's, and I work there because I am a people person. I love people. When I'm not working I constantly go out, usually I play basketball and/or Skateboard. I believe the depression itself is mostly triggered by isolation, I live by myself and the last time I posted here it had been three days since I'd heard from ANYONE outside of work, so yes I was starting to get depressed/lonely.

The benzo's have literally changed my life, as I have (not a mild form either) Asperger's disorder, with the Klonopin's I am more aware of my surroundings, more focused, and I can see all the things I do that hurt me, be it socially, or in the workplace. and now I should finally be able to get my Driver's License!

I can definitely see that the meds won't magically solve my problems, understand That I can't afford to see a shrink, I have to do ALL of the work myself, I basically have to re-wire the entire way I think and act. Fortunately I love a challenge.

I have basically already severed myself from those whom enable my depression, but I will remember your words in case I have not in some cases, perhaps without realizing it.

You can sound or be as gay as you like, I am bisexual and unashamed of it. Watching a Disney movie sounds like fun actually.
----
31.05.2014 - 18:43
Sunioj
Written by Dr.Overkill26 on 31.05.2014 at 18:17

Ok dude I work 6-7 days a week at mcd's, and I work there because I am a people person. I love people. When I'm not working I constantly go out, usually I play basketball and/or Skateboard. I believe the depression itself is mostly triggered by isolation, I live by myself and the last time I posted here it had been three days since I'd heard from ANYONE outside of work, so yes I was starting to get depressed/lonely.

The benzo's have literally changed my life, as I have (not a mild form either) Asperger's disorder, with the Klonopin's I am more aware of my surroundings, more focused, and I can see all the things I do that hurt me, be it socially, or in the workplace. and now I should finally be able to get my Driver's License!

I can definitely see that the meds won't magically solve my problems, understand That I can't afford to see a shrink, I have to do ALL of the work myself, I basically have to re-wire the entire way I think and act. Fortunately I love a challenge.

I have basically already severed myself from those whom enable my depression, but I will remember your words in case I have not in some cases, perhaps without realizing it.

You can sound or be as gay as you like, I am bisexual and unashamed of it. Watching a Disney movie sounds like fun actually.

That's good, though I hope that working there is enough for you to survive on. I don't know if its an option where you are, but when I was in the states I saw a shrink on a sliding scale for something like 18 bucks a month. Things do seem worse when money is tight. If you in the future getting a better paying job and time is more flexible, think about what I recommended.

There was awhile where I barely spoke to anyone, mainly because of the transition in my life I was getting away from people I used to hang out with that were in all sorts of problems like drugs, prison and other drama. On top of that I got problems with my parents, so there would be days where I literally as well would not say a word except when going out to buy smokes. Though this period was grueling, things have gotten much better and don't regret my decisions. Just hang in there and as the grey clouds dissolve around you, people will come around. I was also living a lone, I didn't like having roommates but even if you don't end up becoming friends I did find that it did help me feel better that someone else was always around (I also saved money). Might be something to think about.

Good that the benzo's work for you, I also take them myself and they definitely help. But I know a lot of people that just pop them whenever they feel depressed, and that's not really what they are for. Like any medication, take as needed only (in your case, the symptoms associated with Asperger's). Even if I am having a rough day where I know I can easily take more than my prescription given the circumstances, I still stick to the dose.

Btw a shrink only helps as much as you discern for yourself how and what things need to change, so working things out on your own is something you would've had to do anyways. Don't stress about a shrink.

For me, Disney movies (like Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King) that I grew up with strike a nerve that I can associate with my past in a way that is positive. Since we are the same age, it may do the same to you. Give it a shot man.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those people who get prescribed SSRI's and every benzo possible but still won't confront the issue that is causing it. I know a lot of people that do this and its a horrible contradiction of intentions. Good, stay away from drama.
01.06.2014 - 07:27
no one
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 31.05.2014 at 18:43

Btw a shrink only helps as much as you discern for yourself how and what things need to change, so working things out on your own is something you would've had to do anyways. Don't stress about a shrink.

i disagree, i think a shrink or more specifically a "psychologist" is one of the most important things of all. A person like a psychologist can give you the key tools to use, like working with CBD for example.

Quote:
I just wanted to make sure you weren't one of those people who get prescribed SSRI's and every benzo possible but still won't confront the issue that is causing it. I know a lot of people that do this and its a horrible contradiction of intentions. Good, stay away from drama.

I have heard bad things about benzos, i heard they are very very addictive. But what i know more about is the ssri's and the other ones. I have been trying to come off Effexor for over six months now. The doctors don't know how to come off them and there is no prescription doses that go lower enough and slower enough for you to taper off properly, so you have to take it into your own hands by taking the capsules apart and removing beads every month, it can take years, and then still have withdrawal symptoms.
I have quit the drink and quit the smokes but nothing can compare to the horrible withdrawals of these mother fuckers. They helped at the time, but they don't tell you how hard they are to get off.
01.06.2014 - 11:43
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 01.06.2014 at 07:27

i disagree, i think a shrink or more specifically a "psychologist" is one of the most important things of all. A person like a psychologist can give you the key tools to use, like working with CBD for example.

Quote:

I have heard bad things about benzos, i heard they are very very addictive. But what i know more about is the ssri's and the other ones. I have been trying to come off Effexor for over six months now. The doctors don't know how to come off them and there is no prescription doses that go lower enough and slower enough for you to taper off properly, so you have to take it into your own hands by taking the capsules apart and removing beads every month, it can take years, and then still have withdrawal symptoms.
I have quit the drink and quit the smokes but nothing can compare to the horrible withdrawals of these mother fuckers. They helped at the time, but they don't tell you how hard they are to get off.

Well yes, towards more clinical pathologies a psychologist would have the training to educate, recommend and perform treatment if necessary (i.e. EMDR for PTSD). For the run of the mill acute depression in my experience, they can't really do anything more than listen to your problems and give feedback (which is still fine).

Benzos can be addictve yes. Actually from my experience the only people I know that got addicted to them were alcoholics. I used to date a chick who would mix them up and end up blacking out, waking up at someone else's house every other night (didn't last for us lol). Of course, if you abuse them the comedown can be even worse than what you felt before because of the craving, creating a cycle, I guess much like anything else.

I forgot what SSRI I used to take, but at the time I was still friends with a person that was still "poisoning me" emotionally so the effect it had was that it made me emotionally void, no negative or positive feelings. Just zombie, tbh I'd rather be depressed than feel nothing. I had really intense, vivid, dark dreams. After awhile I broke away from the "poison" I knew that the SSRI had no purpose, so in lack of better judgement, went cold turkey off of them. The week than ensued was incredibly painful, I had migraines every single day. I could see the intention of what this drug is for, but its not for me. Maybe someone with more severe depression would've benefited rather than me, but I didn't gain anything from it. The shrink I was seeing said that it would help in our sessions to open me up more, but I couldn't tell a difference.
02.06.2014 - 00:01
no one
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 01.06.2014 at 11:43

Written by Guest on 01.06.2014 at 07:27

Well yes, towards more clinical pathologies a psychologist would have the training to educate, recommend and perform treatment if necessary (i.e. EMDR for PTSD). For the run of the mill acute depression in my experience, they can't really do anything more than listen to your problems and give feedback (which is still fine).

the psychologists i have seen have given me tasks to practice in the real world, papers to read, breathing exercises and things to help break the cycle of bad thinking, opened me up to different views on how to look at things i would have never seen without seeing them. "Councilors" i guess who you are talking about, are pretty useless if all you are doing is venting and then getting some positive feed back, might as well just talk to a good friend

Quote:
I forgot what SSRI I used to take, but at the time I was still friends with a person that was still "poisoning me" emotionally so the effect it had was that it made me emotionally void, no negative or positive feelings. Just zombie, tbh I'd rather be depressed than feel nothing. I had really intense, vivid, dark dreams. After awhile I broke away from the "poison" I knew that the SSRI had no purpose, so in lack of better judgement, went cold turkey off of them. The week than ensued was incredibly painful, I had migraines every single day. I could see the intention of what this drug is for, but its not for me. Maybe someone with more severe depression would've benefited rather than me, but I didn't gain anything from it. The shrink I was seeing said that it would help in our sessions to open me up more, but I couldn't tell a difference.

I think even for people with severe depression should only be taking for a certain amount of time. I have been on a high dose for about 10 years and now i am down to just 15 beads. Doctors and shrinks kept telling me to take them, but now i have been a drugged up zombie for all my adult life and am just starting to feel real emotions again, i have lost all faith in the medical system.
14.06.2014 - 02:44
Redn1ght
Captain Obvious
I don't see these as 'mental illnesses' since that would mean it's part of genes or somesuch scientific mumbo-jumbo not going to bother with being accurate with (Not a scientist here, so don't blame me.) They are just more of a state of mind and how a person deals with their situation. I've been pretty much down in mood a lot of the time and feel sorry for those people who are depressed about their situation. But hey, I always thought: It could be worse than this (No money, no house, nothing.) just got to find something worthwile to do whatever that may be that catches interest. Maybe I was just bored and pretty much on a edge of being depressed since my life included nothing happening (Seriously, never went away from home or did anything special with the time because others didn't have time for that) and only lots of school and everything else was just plain mess. But now, I just got something to do with my time. Listening and playing music so yeah it can help keeping yourself active in some sort of a hobby. Also, I did at points think about suicide as a passing thought but I always snapped out of it by thinking "That's just stupid for me to think like that, life's not yet over. It can get better."
16.06.2014 - 04:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Redn1ght on 14.06.2014 at 02:44
I don't see these as 'mental illnesses' since that would mean it's part of genes or somesuch scientific mumbo-jumbo not going to bother with being accurate with (Not a scientist here, so don't blame me.)

There's a difference between situational depression and clinical depression. The former refers to the boredom and lack of purpose you talked about in the rest of your post, the latter is about the (im)balance of serotonin and dopamine which is linked to extreme mood disorders.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.06.2014 - 13:37
Redn1ght
Captain Obvious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.06.2014 at 04:42

Written by Redn1ght on 14.06.2014 at 02:44
I don't see these as 'mental illnesses' since that would mean it's part of genes or somesuch scientific mumbo-jumbo not going to bother with being accurate with (Not a scientist here, so don't blame me.)

There's a difference between situational depression and clinical depression. The former refers to the boredom and lack of purpose you talked about in the rest of your post, the latter is about the (im)balance of serotonin and dopamine which is linked to extreme mood disorders.

The depression caused by medical side of things, I bet is more rare version of depression (Can't be sure.) than really the situational ones. I know Dopamine is related somehow on the mood the person gets from doing certain things like getting chills (Not the only effect of Dopamine) from listening to music side of thing but don't quite remember what Serotonin was... Could anyone explain in plain English?
13.08.2014 - 00:33
Slayer666
Aight, guys, never thought I'd post something else in this thread other than "don't you think it's a bit too heavy for a forun about music" kinda thing, but here goes...

For the past two months or so, I've been having episodes. My throat would start feeling swollen, my heart would just start beating like crazty for no reason, I could barely breathe, my vision gets blurry, my stomach just goes completely bonanza etc. It's been happening like every 2 or 3 days. Whenever that happens, I usually just breathe deeply for a few minutes, try to chill the fuck down and then either guzzle some booze or take a line of coke, whichever I'm feeling more like. But the problem is, this shit increases in intensity. About a week ago, I had a pretty freakin' intense intense experience where I've nearly passed out from this shit while driving. Needless to say, I could have killed someone/myself in this state.

I've been reading up on the simptoms on Google and (other than throat cancer) I've managed to link it ot anxiety (panic) attacks. So I got tyhat diagnosed for me, which is nice.

But. My question is, is there a cure for this that doesn't include my usual ethanol/cocaine combo, because I'm starting to feel more and more drawn in by that shit, and I just can't afford it. Coke is fucking expensive, as you might know, and I've been kinda short on cash lately (some disputes between yours truly and his local dealer have happened).

So, uh, was anyone else here having similar "episodes" and how did you get rid of them?
13.08.2014 - 00:40
no one
Account deleted
Yeah coke and alcohol would make it worse, in the long run anyway for sure. Maybe it might be a good idea to have a look at the core reason you are getting panic attacks in the first place, why you need drugs to cope.
13.08.2014 - 00:51
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 13.08.2014 at 00:40

Yeah coke and alcohol would make it worse, in the long run anyway for sure. Maybe it might be a good idea to have a look at the core reason you are getting panic attacks in the first place, why you need drugs to cope.

I'm fully aware of the core reason behind it, it's just that I can't do anything about it at the moment.

Basically, I'm asking if there's anything I can physically do to eliminate or at least decrease the symptoms. I have a lot of things to take care of it the next month-or-two, and I can't have that bullshit randomly popping out and stopping me from.... "performing" so to speak.
13.08.2014 - 01:58
no one
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 13.08.2014 at 00:51

Written by Guest on 13.08.2014 at 00:40

I'm fully aware of the core reason behind it, it's just that I can't do anything about it at the moment.

Basically, I'm asking if there's anything I can physically do to eliminate or at least decrease the symptoms. I have a lot of things to take care of it the next month-or-two, and I can't have that bullshit randomly popping out and stopping me from.... "performing" so to speak.

well there is not really any fast solution apart from drugs, like you do some cognitive behavior therapy or something. Valium or benzos and things can help with that sort of thing, but i would rather deal with it properly than touch them.
13.08.2014 - 02:53
Slayer666
Written by Ilham on 13.08.2014 at 01:59

Thanks for this reply, and that goes double because our situations are somewhat similar.

The reason I can't do anything more long-term is because my exams start in about three weeks and there is some apologizing and ass-sucking to do to a person I loathe. I've saved up enough money to either: pay on my own for my next year of education (a rather large sum) if I don't meet a certain exams passed/grade point average; or return a rather large debt I owe to certain people.

If I'm going to do either, I'll need to be in tip-top shape (either studying my ass off or giving a suck-up performance of a lifetime to decrease the debt), and these attacks don't help at fucking all.

But, judging by what you and no one said, there's no quick way to stop it other than what I've been doing already, so.... uh..... bottoms up, I guess.
13.08.2014 - 03:03
no one
Account deleted
Being healthy always helps, take lots of omega - 3 capsules (more than the recommended dose, usually takes a few weeks to work) to keep your brain and stress levels good, magnesium pills to help relax for sleep, also b vitimins for stress...but these don't agree with some people.
good kava can be a good safer alternative to alcohol for short term stress releif

prescription drugs can actually be worse for you an fuck your life even more, so i would be weary when it comes to that... don't let the doctor convince you otherwise
13.08.2014 - 03:03
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Slayer666 on 13.08.2014 at 02:53

But, judging by what you and no one said, there's no quick way to stop it other than what I've been doing already, so.... uh..... bottoms up, I guess.

Uh. I hope that doesn't mean you're just going to get the drugs and not work on your problems. You seem to be more aware of what's happening to you, than me at the time. That's great, but that doesn't mean you can skip the step of getting a least a little medical advice before legally or illegally getting the drugs. I kinda skipped the part of the "recovery" and what I ended up feeling like. Those drugs aren't easy to handle and the dosage needed tuning multiple times. They also take a long time before having any positive effect. The first weeks were horrible.

By the way, now that you saw the post, I kinda feel like deleting it. So if you have a question or something just... ask.
13.08.2014 - 03:15
Slayer666
Written by Ilham on 13.08.2014 at 03:03

By the way, now that you saw the post, I kinda feel like deleting it. So if you have a question or something just... ask.

That's a lot of text that just went up in smoke.

But I don't really have any further questions, you've just pretty much confirmed there is no quick and easy solution other than getting sufficiently blasted. Guess I'll just have to stick with that for a few weeks until my financial crisis is resolved, one way or another. Then I'll probably work on something with more longevity, if I'm not too bored of it.