Metal Storm logo
Best Italian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by Zenzero, 13.11.2006 - 22:53
There are some good metal band in Italy, which is the best for you?? And why??
My favourite italian band are Secret Sphere!! I love them but I like other band like White Skull, Rhapdoy, Vision Divine, Sky Lark and other too!!
15.07.2007 - 23:48
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Yeah, I'd go for Rhapsody Of Fire too...eventhough there some other good ones like
Secret Sphere, Vision Divine, Skylark, Luca Turilli (from ROF), etc.
16.07.2007 - 10:01
HELLilac
Rhapsody of Fire..by FAR.
----
AS SOON AS YOU'RE BORN, YOU'RE DYING..
16.07.2007 - 22:39
natassja
Account deleted
Hey,I'm from Italy!
We have great true music,not lacuna coil or some other shit!
Necrodeath,Nazgul,Spite Extreme Wing,Abhor,Aborym,Cadaveria,
and many,many more...
16.07.2007 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 16.07.2007 at 22:39

Hey,I'm from Italy!
and many,many more...

Yeah Vanadium and Pino Scotto rulles also realy Sadist hehhe and there are good DOOM scene hehe
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2007 - 08:57
natassja
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 16.07.2007 at 23:09

Hey,I'm from Italy!
and many,many more...

Yeah Vanadium and Pino Scotto rulles also realy Sadist hehhe and there are good DOOM scene hehe

PINO SCOTTO is a genius!!the 4th of august I'm goin to see him near my city..he is one!
17.07.2007 - 10:04
Damned-In-Black
Written by ~Starchild~ on 23.02.2007 at 14:18

i definately go for GRAVEWORM they are such an awesome band i love every song of them!! great atmosphere, great melodies, awesome violin and a very talented singer!!

They get my choice, too.
28.07.2007 - 15:05
Sunioj

Hey,I'm from Italy!
and many,many more...

Necrodeath is a great band, I have a Matter of All Evil, and that album has alot of energy good stuff.
15.09.2007 - 16:44
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
This is EASY for me because my favorite band just happens to be Italian. ABORYM!! Generator is their newest and is still very good but I really miss the weird alien atmosphere which isn't really present this time around. I am also very sad that Yorga, Attila, Sethlans and Nysrok are all gone now too....so many member losses over the years. Of course Fabban is the mastermind of the band but it still sucks. A lot. Kali Yuga Bizarre is perfection. Fire Walk With Us and With No Human Intervention are magnificent too.

I hope the next release surprises me in a good way but with the recent departure of Nysrok makes me even less hopeful. Fabban also has a new project, Malfeitor. I just ordered their debut. I can't wait for it to get here. It's supposed to be rather straightforward bm.
23.09.2007 - 02:49
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Dark Lunacy are awesome! Their song Dolls is so good
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
26.09.2007 - 03:55
Ellie
Account deleted
Rhapsody (of Fire), I mean talk about influential!
30.09.2007 - 08:05
Oracle
Orcinus
Elvenking. This band is awesome and they always have great music I never get bored of listening to them
02.10.2007 - 16:11
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by iaberis on 03.06.2007 at 12:31

The best band of Italy is NanowaR of Steel! Tr00 and kvlt and awesome and amazing! They might not have many songs of their own, but they're terrific guys and they surely know how to spend their time creatively! Apart from that, I would vote for Elvenking or Lacuna Coil.

shitty production. shitty covers. some are funny. but you shouldnt take this band seriously

the only bands that come to mind are Nanowar of Steel and Vanilla Sky... let me think

edit: Mortuary Drape appears to come from italy
06.10.2007 - 22:36
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Rhapsody hands down!! and they were much much better before adding the "of fire" to the end of their name.

Luca Turilli's solo band is great too
06.10.2007 - 22:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 06.10.2007 at 22:36

Rhapsody hands down!! and they were much much better before adding the "of fire" to the end of their name.

Luca Turilli's solo band is great too

Forgotten Tomb is so much better than the cheese masters extra-ordinaire IMO although I do like Rhapsody's chees in modest portions once in a while.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2007 - 00:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
but aren't Forgotten Tomb like Doom Metal I can't deal with that type ov stuff.

Rhapsody are straight up origional! People criticise them for having themes ov dragons/castles/swords.........but they write sagas and chapters! The sound and style they have is totally unto themselves!
07.10.2007 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 07.10.2007 at 00:06

but aren't Forgotten Tomb like Doom Metal I can't deal with that type ov stuff.

Rhapsody are straight up origional! People criticise them for having themes ov dragons/castles/swords.........but they write sagas and chapters! The sound and style they have is totally unto themselves!

I agree whit Marcel and yes it is balck/doom metal lik ethis "TAKE A NIFE AAAAAAAAAAAAAA CUT YOUR WAINS AAAAAAAAAAAAA SIUCIDE AAAAAAAAAAAA ''
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2007 - 11:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Author on 07.10.2007 at 00:06

Rhapsody are straight up origional!

Huh? Original? IN what respect? Not musically for sure, since they are just a speeded up more modern version of OLD Helloween.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2007 - 11:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
But someone can explain how Rhapsody when put Of Fire change them sound IMO tahy all albums are same whit diferent lyrics, ok maybe demo and thundercross era but not leither
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2007 - 13:35
Sideralium
Account deleted
Even if in Italy metal music (and alternative music in general) finds a lot of obstacles, and the big labels support only commercial shit music, we have in our country some excellent bands! for example:
First records of LACUNA COIL, DISARMONIA MUNDI!!!, EPHEL DUATH!!! These are my favourite ones....but also DARK LUNACY, NECRODEATH are good....
we have a large choice of metal bands of every genre that sounds great, but the most of all are unknown...
07.10.2007 - 13:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 07.10.2007 at 13:35

Even if in Italy metal music (and alternative music in general) finds a lot of obstacles, and the big labels support only commercial shit music, we have in our country some excellent bands! for example:
First records of LACUNA COIL, DISARMONIA MUNDI!!!, EPHEL DUATH!!! These are my favourite ones....but also DARK LUNACY, NECRODEATH are good....
we have a large choice of metal bands of every genre that sounds great, but the most of all are unknown...

Thats where I agree whit you but moust good bands still are in underground there and Vanadium/Pino Scotto has ben forgoten and Fire Trails isnt popular
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2007 - 15:04
duyhung
Account deleted
I've just discovered another great Italian band (i'm sure they're among the best ones) : Novembre
08.10.2007 - 02:36
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
okay ummm Rhapsody ARE quite origional! and they sound nothing like "Walls Of Jericho" (Helloween) at all! Which one band sounds like them? tell me please.
08.10.2007 - 17:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Author on 08.10.2007 at 02:36

okay ummm Rhapsody ARE quite origional! and they sound nothing like "Walls Of Jericho" (Helloween) at all! Which one band sounds like them? tell me please.

Ewerey power band sound slike them
----

apos;'
[image]
09.10.2007 - 00:02
Thrashy
Account deleted
Rhapsody!! they rule everything from legendary tales to power of the dragonflame kick ass!!! agressive riffs cool vocals amazing drumming excelent history amazin orchestra and piano parts
09.10.2007 - 02:53
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 08.10.2007 at 17:51

Written by Author on 08.10.2007 at 02:36

Ewerey power band sound slike them

you're my homie and all but lol, that's bullshit!

I understand if you say that every power metal band sounds like Sonata Arctica or Stratovarius, because that would be TRUE! But Rhapsody DO NOT play that typical Power Metal sound because no other band in the genre are as orchestral as them. Fabio Lione is more inspired by opera than he is by glam (or whatever it is that Power Metal singers are inspired by) Many bands have simular THEMES, but as far as the music/sound is concerned, no way dude. They are like an Epic, Euro-Metal version ov Queen. Even the way Rhapsody structure each and every song is unique unto themselves......Other bands write songs, Rhapsody write SAGAS/QUESTS.
09.10.2007 - 23:18
Mustis
Account deleted
I dont really like the power metal from italy its good but its all the same, i really like is Dark Lunacy, all the instruments they use in song like Fall, Dolls, Through the non-time, they are just excellent. but good metal comes from italy
11.10.2007 - 21:16
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
My favorite italian band is Dark Lunacy, the combination of all of those instruments sounds great! Next is Graveworm...Godless Crusade are not bad...
19.10.2007 - 19:36
Purge
Account deleted
Rhapsody (of Fire) are my fave Italian band, along with Luca Turilli's first solo album (King of the Nordic Twilight). Stormlord and Kult are ok. White Skull is pretty average power metal but good for a listen now and again!
Shameless plug: Anyone who lives in the Torino area should keep their eyes peeled for a new gothic metal band called Aevum... my friend does the opera vocals.
20.10.2007 - 02:30
Fuath
tough call, but im going to go with doomsword, i love the viking lyrics and the sound they add to give the feel of war
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

08.11.2007 - 14:14
Glen_Doom
Necrodeath, is in my opinion, the best italian band. They have been around for quite some time now and they have always delivered great albums and music.
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!