‹‹ Back to the Rock forum Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Users visited: 119  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by AnGina-- on 19.11.2006 at 14:33
I'm not gonna start this topic with ''Muse begain in bla bla....'' but with enthusiasm as their latest album definately deserves my #1 of year 2006 in rock scene.

I was never a fan, listened to them occasionaly, but since Black Holes and Revelations they became one of my favourite bands and they helped me re-gain my love for rock as I used to have.

The reason why I find them so outstanding stays unknown probably even to me, but their mixture of melodic rock with modern electronic sounds and a die-for vocals (yepp, I absolutey adore them) is just mesmerizing. I also really love their lyrics, halfway cryptic, halfway neo-romantic, anyway, perfect.

So, if you have any thoughts, you're more than welcome to share them

Page 5 of 5

AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

30.09.2012 at 21:01
All I can say right now is that I'm surprised by the album and by the first couple of hearings gotta say it's a lot better than I expected. But my expectations were really, really and I mean really low, so it could be just that. It's just so.... different. In a good way.
----
In the end it's every man for himself.
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

07.10.2012 at 20:00
So I've had my share of The 2nd Low now and I gotta say, surprsingly, it got my under skin. I find it much more interesting and enjoyable as The Resistance. Just so happens I have a quite wide range of music, so I enjoy the different influences heard on the record. Panic Station sounds very Duran Duran to me, and even though it's so far from Muse we all know, it's one of my favourite tracks on the album. The 2nd Law: Isolated System is also one of the tracks I adore so much, even though it is very dense in electonic sound; Supremacy is indeed very 007 and very Muse at the same time, Big Freeze and Follow Me being also my faves from the album. Heck, I even listened to Madness and Unsustaibale so many times I find it amusing.

Overall, this album goes to the bottom of the list, with Absolution being #1 still (followed by Origin of Symetry and Black Holes), but nonetheless a Muse album I really enjoy, mainly because of its diversity and of course Bellamy's lyrics & vocals. I can't wait to see them live, I'm sure it's gonna be so amazing.
----
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

20.11.2012 at 21:43
Finally saw then last night in Vienna and it was pure Supremacy!

The set list consisted mostly of the new songs from The 2nd Law, which was of course, expected, but we also got a got share of their older songs (Bliss, Stockholm Syndrome, Sunburn, Plug In Baby, Time is Running Out, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia, Uprising, The Resistance, Undisclosed Desires). What can I say, the guys are flawless, the set was amazing, their energy was pure madness. They had two encores. The only thing I missed was the dynamics in set list, there was no connection between the new songs and the older ones and I think it's needless to say it was their Origin/Absolution era that got most of the audience alive and kicking.

Bellamy is awesome, we got a good share of his piano skills and the completely breathtaking vocals. The only guy who can do a falsetto I absolutely love.

I missed some of the great songs, such as New Born, Hysteria & Hypermusic but their outro with the Knighs of Cydonia was so epic it made me forget.
----
Kanto

30.11.2012 at 20:52
Last album is pretty cool, but for those "Origin Of Symmetry & Absolution" lovers there are pretty few things to attach with. Panic Station, Madness, Save Me and Unsustainable are quite good songs, but they don't belong to the Muse that rocked us with Plug In Baby and Hysteria at all.

@AnGina-- Thanks for the review, I was wondering how they would put the new songs into the traditional setlist. I can imagine Supremacy and Survival fuse well with Plug In Baby, Bliss or Time Is Running Out; but for Madness, Animals or Liquid State is harder (like the hard time Blackout and Soldier's Poem had some years ago)
----
...Dude.
Jaeryd17‍
Desert Mouse

27.12.2012 at 12:19
I finally got around to listening to The 2nd Law. All I can say is that it was very "meh." I didn't really feel any of the tracks. The majority of The Resistance was much worse, but at least it had Uprising and the three parts of Exogenesis. I didn't really care for any particular track on The 2nd Law.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

JohnDoe

27.12.2012 at 22:32
Their last album was my disappointment of 2012
----
"what happens in my subconscious is not my business"
Jaeryd17‍
Desert Mouse

28.12.2012 at 08:21
Written by JohnDoe on 27.12.2012 at 22:32

I would say the same, but the album before that, The Resistance, was bad too. It wasn't really a surprise that The 2nd Law wasn't really that good.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

JohnDoe

28.12.2012 at 10:11
Written by Jaeryd17‍ on 28.12.2012 at 08:21

Written by JohnDoe on 27.12.2012 at 22:32

I would say the same, but the album before that, The Resistance, was bad too. It wasn't really a surprise that The 2nd Law wasn't really that good.

I enjoyed Resistance, I don't have a problem with it.
----
"what happens in my subconscious is not my business"
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

04.01.2013 at 21:56
Well, I had no expectations about The 2nd Law in the first place, since Madness and Unsustainable were besides Survival the only songs I heard before the whole album came out. The 2nd Law really isn't an album that would kick in after a few listens, but after listening it viral after the release it has become - unexpectedly - one of my faves of 2012. I'm totally hooked on it, still, I have it in my car and play it over and over again. The new sound is a bit radical, but at least for me, highly enjoyable. It also gave me a new perspective on The Resistance, as it really wasn't my cup of Muse tea, but now I seem to enjoy it far more. All in all I gotta say Muse is probably THE rock band of this age for me.
----
stupid noob
Account deleted
  23.01.2013 at 02:12
One of my buddies plays this one album of theirs ALL the time. It's so annoying hearing the same songs over and over, and I don't even think they're that good! I think this is one band that doesn't deserve the hype it gets, to be perfectly honest. That same friend always tells me they give a great live performance though, and that even I would love it even though I'm not a fan of their music. I don't think I would spend money on tickets though, they seem a little too pretentious for me, or maybe it's just my friend who's pretentious. HA!
Azarath

23.01.2013 at 20:47
I quite like the band, in small doses. There's something about their combined use of "electronic distortion" (for lack of a better term) and Bellamy's voice that just rubs me the wrong way. It's not a sound that I like listening to for longer periods of time. One album, and then I need something else.

Origin of Symmetry is a great album and Absolution is a good one as well. I haven't heard the last two, because Black Holes was so inconsistent. I do own a copy of The Resistance though (it was cheap).

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Login or register to post here.