Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

31.12.2012 - 18:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
31.12.2012 - 18:27
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Oh Cthulhu, you rarely disappoint. Sweet artwork!
31.12.2012 - 19:09
Patrick.
Avantasia - The Mystery Of Time
Circle II Circle - Seasons Will Fall
Helloween - Straight Out Of Hell

At the top of my head, these forthcoming ones are must-haves for me. But... as they obviously are not released just yet, how can I recommend them? Oh well, I DO recommend their previous works though.
01.01.2013 - 14:58
DelightfulJim
Well Godflesh and Electric Wizard have some new material planned for this year.

Devin Townsend should also be releasing 2 more albums too. They're my big ones for the year anyway.
01.01.2013 - 23:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
So UK blackened death metallers Abyssal have another album out already, and it sounds pretty massive and awesome (going by this song which is the only one I've heard so far):

Sounds a bit Portal-esque with a few Blut aus Nord bendy riffs thrown in for good measure. You can't ask for much more than that.

Whole album here. Jesus H Christ this stuff is intense...
01.01.2013 - 23:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Let's not forget the new Katalepsy that's right around the corner...

----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

01.01.2013 - 23:41
Lit.
Account deleted
Boy, you guys certainly don't dick around.
A lot of the new thrash metal bands seem to be releasing new stuff this year, including Skeletonwitch, Toxic Holocaust, Gama Bomb, Havok, Absu and hopefully Warbringer. I, for one, am looking forward to them.
Also looking forward to 40 Watt Sun (Sweet), Carcass (Sweeter), Cerebral Bore (Hesistant because I really liked that previous vocalist), !T.O.O.H.! (Sweet), Devin Townsend, the remaining Down EPs, Entombed, Exhumed, Fates Warning, Ghost, Hell (Oh, yes), Mirrorthrone, Tool, Tesseract, Vader, Sodom, Black Sabbath (If), The Ocean, Onslaught, Clutch, KMFDM, Saxon, Blind Guardian's boxset, Neurotech, Helloween, Ayreon, Iced Earth, Motley Crue, Judas Priest, Queens of the Stone Age and Year of No Light.

Me thinks this'll be a fine year.
02.01.2013 - 00:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Pretty much what he said^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.01.2013 - 00:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Nothing original by Polish death metal standards but still sounding more promising to me than Erebos did...

And let's not forget the new Deeds Of Flesh album coming too...

----

02.01.2013 - 06:52
The Turbanator
Verwustung released a new album apparently, on 01/01/2013
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.01.2013 - 08:02
Edmund Fogg
2 Young Death flavored proggers. Promissing career ahead of them

Eritherium - Ephemeral

Bandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
02.01.2013 - 10:42
Void Eater
Account deleted
God damn I can already sense that Sulphur Aeon album being top 10 material. That song was god tier melodeath.
The only album that comes to mind right now is Defeated Sanity, which most people who would be interested in are already aware of.

Hit me up when some thrash or power metal songs get released. (hurry up Exodus, it's time for Atrocity Exhibition C...)
02.01.2013 - 18:13
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by The Turbanator on 02.01.2013 at 06:52

Verwustung released a new album apparently, on 01/01/2013

It's fantastic too.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.01.2013 - 19:27
Neroese
Account deleted

Promising Electronic Djent band from Poland. Sound is a a bit unprofessional (sorry for bad spelling), but they like to experimenting with sounds.

OR something epic - extreme progressive metal - Arsafes. Amazing sound - like mix of Sybreed, Neosis, Meshuggah and Periphery.

02.01.2013 - 22:25
Edmund Fogg
Guess what people! They gave us an impressive release last January and now the're back this January to make sure we keep the decay alive!

Abyssal - Novit Enim Dominus Qui Sunt Eius

Bandcamp

Edit: Oups sorry !J.O.E! Did'nt see you there.
----
02.01.2013 - 22:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I don't mind, the more people that listen to it the better. If it had been a 2012 release it would have given Igorrr and Aluk Todolo a serious run for their money. It's that good.
02.01.2013 - 23:04
Slayer666
I'm digging Abyssal, although I'd have preferred if they went slightly easier on the vocals.
03.01.2013 - 00:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Guest on 02.01.2013 at 19:27

OR something epic - extreme progressive metal - Arsafes. Amazing sound - like mix of Sybreed, Neosis, Meshuggah and Periphery.

This is pretty nice, gona have to keep an eye out for these guys...
----

03.01.2013 - 16:32
Edmund Fogg
New album By Post Black Metaller Fen avalaible for pre-order via Aural Music. Pretty darn good!
----
03.01.2013 - 17:07
.Nick
It won't be anything groundbreaking, but Joel Grind's "The Yellowgoat Sessions" might turn out to be entertaining.

04.01.2013 - 00:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 02.01.2013 at 23:04

I'm digging Abyssal, although I'd have preferred if they went slightly easier on the vocals.

Not sure what you mean. The vocals on this are practically invisible and mostly blend in with the music.
04.01.2013 - 23:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Cult of Luna is the absolute tits:

05.01.2013 - 05:20
Edmund Fogg
Jizzed
----
05.01.2013 - 08:56
The Turbanator
Fuck yes, new CoL!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
05.01.2013 - 10:07
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
For 2013 I am looking forward to new: Godflesh, Fates Warning, Fractal Gates, Enshine, Mouth of the Architect, Rosetta, Carcass, The Ocean, Lightbearer, Subsignal, Blindead and I am sure I have forgotten some...
----
rekt
05.01.2013 - 12:14
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 04.01.2013 at 00:09

Not sure what you mean. The vocals on this are practically invisible and mostly blend in with the music.

It's at the beginning of the track you posted, and on a few other occasions as well, that the vocals are a bit too prominent in the mix. It's pretty rare overall, though, so that's quite a minor quirk.
06.01.2013 - 02:48
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by Edmund Fogg on 03.01.2013 at 16:32

New album By Post Black Metaller Fen avalaible for pre-order via Aural Music. Pretty darn good!

Fen should be listened to by more people. They are one of those amazing bands which need more recognition.
06.01.2013 - 06:57
Edmund Fogg
Written by Carl Berg on 06.01.2013 at 02:48

Fen should be listened to by more people. They are one of those amazing bands which need more recognition.

Couldn't agree more. I don't know why they always seem to go unnoticed, even here.
----
06.01.2013 - 10:19
The Turbanator
Terra Tenebrosa's new album "The Purging" that will be released on February 22nd 2013.

----
06.01.2013 - 11:15
The Turbanator
Written by Guest on 01.01.2013 at 23:08

So UK blackened death metallers Abyssal have another album out already, and it sounds pretty massive and awesome (going by this song which is the only one I've heard so far):

Sounds a bit Portal-esque with a few Blut aus Nord bendy riffs thrown in for good measure. You can't ask for much more than that.

Whole album here. Jesus H Christ this stuff is intense...

Just gave this a listen. Crazy evil stuff. I love bands like this. Thanks for this!
----