Metal Storm logo
Discuss which albums you're waiting for this year

Original post

Posted by Bitch Boy, 22.12.2006 - 23:20
2007 will be a year with great releases... Which bands and their forthcoming albums are you waiting? What do you expect from them?
25.02.2007 - 19:54
Wollan
Account deleted
Im waiting for the release of Wintersun's album "Time", and Sonata Arctica's album "Unia".
Ill think bought of these albums are going to kick ass!
25.02.2007 - 21:13
Remus
Written by Author on 01.01.2007 at 04:49

Queen is supposed to be releasing an album in spring or summer of 2007...a movie is also in the making based on the life of Freddy Mercury with Johnny Depp playing Freddy...a Queen album in 2007 would kick major ass...

I like Queen but Freddy was a huge part of the band. With him gone who is going to sing? Movie sounds cool too.

Almost forgot, i am eagerly awaiting the new Kamelot!!!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
25.02.2007 - 21:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I'm waiting for teh New Dimmu Borgir, In Sorte Diaboli. Seriously I'm not really sure what to expect. After all, it's a concept album, but it's Dimmu, and the album will be released teh day of my birthday, so...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.02.2007 - 22:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Remus: Well, I've been told by some other Metalstormer who seems to know his shit that the movie is apparently not a reality and the members of Queen don't seem to know who started that rumor...

I'm sure that the can get someone competent and equally talented to do the job...
26.02.2007 - 00:15
Legacy_Of_Kings
Account deleted
Hm, I was just looking Charon´s website out, and founded a interesting news;

New year will bring new things for Charon, that's for sure. Currently the band is staying all day and all night at their beloved rehearsal bunker. And why are they there? 'Cause they're composing & rehearsing new songs!! That's correct my friends. New songs. There are rumours going around the mighty city of Raahe that the new shit is the best Charon ever.

So, I'm very excited and very hopeful, that the album is going to be released this year.

Other albums I look forward to is;

Type O Negative - Dead Again
Lake Of Tears - Moons And Mushrooms
Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli
Wintersun - Time
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free II
Mors Principium Est - Liberation = Termination
The 69 Eyes - Angels
Rush - Snakes & Arrows

And albums that are not released yet, but that I still have;

Dark Tranquillity - Fiction (Good as hell)
Ensiferum - Victory Songs (I think I have listened to this album over a hundred times, It's so damn good!)
07.03.2007 - 17:52
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I don't know about all the upcoming releases but I'm wauting for:
Dimmu Borgir -In sorte Diabolis
Judas Priest-Nostradamus (or something like it, I don't remember the album name exactly)
----
that which shines without names and forms...
07.03.2007 - 19:15
Gothya
well, the obvious upcoming album from *metallica*; i cant wait for this album and see what direction they are into now, but i'm sure it will be a good album (as always ) and i'm ready to get that; i guess there's a lot of people waiting for this album, neither to love them again or keep damnin' them... it will be interesting to see people's reaction and also funny see their faces whatever their style/music would be on that release

Written by Remus on 25.02.2007 at 21:13

Written by Author on 01.01.2007 at 04:49

Queen is supposed to be releasing an album in spring or summer of 2007...a movie is also in the making based on the life of Freddy Mercury with Johnny Depp playing Freddy...a Queen album in 2007 would kick major ass...

I like Queen but Freddy was a huge part of the band. With him gone who is going to sing? Movie sounds cool too.

well, i guess who's going to sing could be paul rodgers, 'cause he has been collaborating with them lately, so he'd be the singer probably; what we have to do is wait until that album is released and see how good is him, and his style; btw, i saw a queen performance on vh1, and rodgers was good/so-so on his singing, but the band still good on stage
(this release is also interesting)

p.s: i didnt know queen was gonna release an album
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS
07.03.2007 - 20:30
Mela Muke
Account deleted
The next band on my list is After Forever with their self titled sixth album to be released in April, so far it looks very good.
08.03.2007 - 02:43
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
I'm waiting for:
Sonata Arctica's new album
Gamma Ray's new album
Megadeth's new album
Black Sabboth's new album
maybe the new Judas Priest album

I'm really curious and ancxious about the new Metallica album that's coming out, although I know I'm just going to be disapointed cause it's gonna suck like everything since Load .
08.03.2007 - 11:18
necrolust
Account deleted
New Behemoth for sure, not out for months though
08.03.2007 - 12:17
darksun
I can't wait to listen to new metaallica album as it is said it will be released this year.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
08.03.2007 - 12:59
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I'm looking forward to Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos. I believe it's going to be some kick-ass prog
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.03.2007 - 13:39
Judas
The Amputator
I'm waiting for:

Wintersun - Time
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free, Pt.2
Arcturus - ?
Behemoth - The Apostasy
Dethklok - Dethalbum
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
08.03.2007 - 19:18
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm kind of waiting to see if Rage Against The Machine and The Police will enter the studio and do anything this year, or if they will wait until they're done touring them think about doing it next year...they might put out a compilation or something this year...who knows...

One album I'm waiting for is Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos...a lot of people are wondering what they will sound like on Roadrunner Records...
10.03.2007 - 05:08
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I'm waiting for Dimmu Borgir's 'in sorte diabolis' and Judas Priest's 'Nostradamus' (spelling... ) . Judas priest's album is ging to be symphonic heavy metal isn't it? this is something new, so I'm eager to hear it.
----
10.03.2007 - 08:05
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Written by Paganblood on 10.03.2007 at 05:08

I'm waiting for Dimmu Borgir's 'in sorte diabolis' and Judas Priest's 'Nostradamus' (spelling... ) . Judas priest's album is ging to be symphonic heavy metal isn't it? this is something new, so I'm eager to hear it.

So both The BLOODS are waiting for the Legendary Priest's Album..Cool
After knowing that the upcoming Priest's album is going to be a Symphonic-Heavy Metal,I'm Going Crazy..
And Dimmu Borgir's 'in sorte diabolis' too...
And Of course ....MegadetH-United Abominations
Maybe This Year Will Also Be A Good Metal Year..
10.03.2007 - 08:56
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Yes, I also hope that this year is going to be a good metal year...
Is megadeth album coming too? I'm not a big megadeth fan, but their music is good, hope that this (upcoming) album will also be good.
----
10.03.2007 - 10:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I was really looking forward to the Gilby Clarke compilation, didnt disapoint.

But my highest anticipation this year is the the new Turisas album, by the sounds of the studio diary itll be a masterpiece.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.03.2007 - 09:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So they narrowed the Turisas album release date down to the month (June) which is working on my anticipated nerves...June is such a long wait....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
18.03.2007 - 06:53
selken
Irreligious
Therion (they did it again!!!)
Megadeth - United Abomination
Metallica - (Whatever)
Symphony X
Wintersun
Sonata Arctica
Mayhem
and some more I read here
----
18.03.2007 - 13:11
demogorgon
Account deleted
i'm just waiting for machine head and Dimmu Borgir.. ooh yeah and sonata..
18.03.2007 - 14:05
wrathchild
Staff
Just a reminder:

"Discuss" doesn't mean "list"!

Please comment on those albums, why are you particularly waiting for them, etc.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
18.03.2007 - 15:14
LethargyMan
Not a lot of Neurosis fans here, eh?

There's just a shitload of good releases for 2007.

Type O Negative just released their new album. They're coming to town here in a few weeks, so I should probably get the album before I go to the show. It's gotten some fairly positive reviews so far.

Skinny Puppy just released an album too... I don't know how good it is (I heard a lot of bad things, actually), but it sure is something.

Cryptopsy's [supposed] double album is supposed to be done this year. I have my doubts... but I look forward to it.

Nine Inch Nails is releasing a new album this April. The singles have been a little odd so far, but I still have my hopes up.

Obituary's got a new album in June. I use the term "new" loosely, since it'll probably be just like their previous material... not that that's a bad thing. Hell, I know I'm gonna get it.

There's a new Metallica album to laugh at.

Fear Factory is cookin' something up. My interest has waned over the past few years, but I'll consider getting it.

Neurosis is releasing "Given to the Rising" soon. As I predicted with the album "The Eye of Every Storm," the "storm" was the band itself, as they're supposedly going back to their harsher '90s sound. I hope they do it right and keep some of the more progressive nuances they had with Eye.

... the album art looks a little odd, though.

Opeth, Meshuggah, Nile, and Soulfly are playing around with material. And with Rage Against the Machine working together again, there's always hope that this will turn into new stuff...

Which reminds me that both Tom Morello and Andreas Kisser are working on releasing their solo albums this year. I'm optimistic.

The System of a Down side band, Scars on Broadway, is supposed to be releasing material this year. I doubt this Serj-less System of a Down will go anywhere, but it could be decent.

Merzbow is going to release another fifty albums this year.

And of course, new Radiohead, which is not at all metal... but it's worth a mention.

And new Rush, Dream Theatre, Nightwish, Megadeath... I only fear that something great will fall through the cracks formed by the onslaught of awesome bands releasing new shit..

My prediction? 2007 will be fucking legendary.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
18.03.2007 - 16:12
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by LethargyMan on 18.03.2007 at 15:14

Not a lot of Neurosis fans here, eh?

new album has leaked and it's dope!
try to remember all the sounds you ever heard on every Neurosis album...
now... FORGET THEM!!! the new is totaly different once more

...ok maybe not totaly but I at least didn't expect something like that!
19.03.2007 - 06:29
FTW
Account deleted
Metallica- I've been a fan for about 3 1/2 years so far and for 3 1/2 years I have been anxiously awaiting their new release. Lets hope new bassist,new producer and new lease of life can produce a killer album. Lets go guys I have faith in you.

Exodus- From what I've heard from Gary Holt he states that this album will be fucking crazy and will change the way we feel about thrash metal. A pretty bold statement from the founder of the band but Im sure I wont be disappointed because nothing Exodus has released has ever disappointed me.

Testament- Just recently got into them and fucking love em. This is one of the few bands whos albums have gotten progressively better. I can only hope for the same with their next release.

Megadeth-United Abominations: The new songs I've heard are fairly good, I love Sleepwalker, very catchy and I've heard this album will be like RIP.
19.03.2007 - 08:34
Sonic MrSumo
Am waiting on Alchemist's new one. Have been waiting now for around 4 looooooooooooooong years now.

If you've never heard of Alchemist, I implore you check them out. Awesome underground Australian band!

http://www.alchemist.com.au/html/latest-info.htm
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
19.03.2007 - 12:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 19.03.2007 at 08:34

Am waiting on Alchemist's new one. Have been waiting now for around 4 looooooooooooooong years now.

If you've never heard of Alchemist, I implore you check them out. Awesome underground Australian band!

http://www.alchemist.com.au/html/latest-info.htm

Join the club... so am I.

I wonder how they have progessed, cause like you said it's along time since Australalien.
Hopefully will get to see them when they come over to Holland in October.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2007 - 14:14
Deadsoulman
Elite
There's quite a few albums I'm waiting for (Neurosis, Dark Tranquillity etc.) but only one I'm craving for:

WAYD!!! I don't know what these guys are doing, their new album has been scheduled and postponed for three years and all they've done is put one new song online on their website (www.wayd.sk). That is not much when you consider the last abum they've released is the awesome (one of my fav albums ever) and underrated Decadance, and that was in 2002. The new album has been my "album I'm waiting for the most" in 2004, 2005, 2006 and now 2007. I hope they're not catching the GNR syndrome...

For those who don't know Wayd, it's an amazing Slovakian technical jazzy death metal band. I rank it up there with the likes of Atheist, Cynic and stuff.
28.03.2007 - 05:07
DeathFist
Account deleted
Rush
Nightwish
Judas priest
ozzy
Iced earth
Dream theater
within temptation im in the us so i am wating for them to get us distribution

i think thats it
28.03.2007 - 22:32
Bash'
:)
Nightwish

Kalmah

Graveworm

those what are taking over my thinking about outcoming albums ..

those which when I say I can't wait then I mean it
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...