Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
15.02.2007 - 17:55
Carrion
Account deleted
I finished watching both 2 DVD discs of Völkerball. Making of Reise Reise documentary made me actually quite glad since it prooved that quite many tracks from Rosenrot album were just songs that weren't used in Reise Reise..
So I guess they (or maybe Universal records) didn't want to waste those tracks and released them along with a nice teaser of Völkerball live..
But why I'm relieved is that Rammstein's next record will be better than Rosenrot, because that record was quite far just some decent songs wrapped in a plastic bag, which I've actually said before in this thread
18.02.2007 - 20:06
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Carrion: it can't come as a surprise for you that 'Rosenrot' was an album of 'unused' songs from 'Reise, Reise'? It has been known from the start. But yeah it sounds great that their next record will be different eventhough I liked 'Rosenrot'
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.02.2007 - 04:33
Strid
Account deleted
The next record.....argh....don't mention the next record....I'm getting all hyped up over it already, and it won't even be released until next year!

</fangirliness>
22.02.2007 - 10:53
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Strid: yeah can't wait either

And speaking of waiting: I'm still waiting for my 'Völkerball' DVD...god I hate Universal for 'misplacing' it
----

25.02.2007 - 12:00
Danny Thomas
i still like this band even though i listen to "troo" metal now lol. rammstein has been one of those bands that has always gone for shock value whether it be in the lyrics or in their outlandish but highly entertaining live show. and the video for Mann gegen Mann is just plain wrong : P. but hey, i love their antics and the music is catchy. some of my personal fav's are sonne, moskau(all about one of the most beautiful cities in the world), amerika(points out the faults of my country haha), tier, and of coarse du hast because it was the very first rammstein song i ever heard.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
25.02.2007 - 15:49
Strid
Account deleted
@ Danny....Du Hast is so often the first Ramm song people have heard...they seem to owe so much of their international audience to it, greatness! (though some might say that contributes to their growing mainstream-iness...meh)

@GT: they lost your Völkerball dvd...man...technically owning it yet knowing it's not gonna be in your hands for a while....pain....damn them that really sucks
26.02.2007 - 23:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Strid: Yes it sucks big time, but just today I was told that is has arrived and is ready to be picked up tomorrow...wuhu I can't wait
----

28.02.2007 - 07:52
Danny Thomas
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 15:49

@ Danny....Du Hast is so often the first Ramm song people have heard...they seem to owe so much of their international audience to it, greatness! (though some might say that contributes to their growing mainstream-iness...meh)

well its a good song though!!! they music isn't anything unique, but i have always liked their music videos, and i hear their live performances are extreme. i just saw the video for mann gegen mann the other day and was just dropped "holy shit" expressioned. i should have expected to see something like(also would have helped if i'd known what mann gegen mann meant ahead of time lol)
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
28.02.2007 - 11:27
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Got my hands on their Live Aus Berlin DVD the other day, and fell in love all over again. Of course, this DVD only features the first two albums, but that doesn't bother me. Still made me re-love the other three.
----
01.03.2007 - 06:36
Strid
Account deleted
Written by Danny Thomas on 28.02.2007 at 07:52

well its a good song though!!! they music isn't anything unique, but i have always liked their music videos, and i hear their live performances are extreme. i just saw the video for mann gegen mann the other day and was just dropped "holy shit" expressioned. i should have expected to see something like(also would have helped if i'd known what mann gegen mann meant ahead of time lol)

Heh heh...the Mann Gegen Mann vid....that was pretty interesting, my brother nearly had a heart attack when I first showed him. But man, the live performances...I'd give SO much to be able to go to one!! Hopefully, I'll be able to...someday....
01.03.2007 - 08:58
Asat0r
Written by Guest on 01.03.2007 at 06:36

Written by Danny Thomas on 28.02.2007 at 07:52

Heh heh...the Mann Gegen Mann vid....that was pretty interesting, my brother nearly had a heart attack when I first showed him. But man, the live performances...I'd give SO much to be able to go to one!! Hopefully, I'll be able to...someday....

Ha, I wonder why you never see that video on MTV? That'll give Tipper Gore something to go crazy over, crotchety old bag.

If it wasn't for the lead singer's vocal stylings I don't think this band would be anything special.
02.03.2007 - 15:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Have picked up my 'Völkerball' now...damn I look forward to check out the dics. Have only gone through the photo-book. Nice pictures for sure and it seems like there was quite an atmosphere at the concerts recorded. Man I hate it when school work gets in the way of something like this
----

06.03.2007 - 04:30
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Personally I dont like this band, everytime I hear Rammstain I think about american teenagers german wannabe "Im so german my grandfather was a german" oh this made me remember something that Vrag said to a guy that said he was part norwegian: "Ok so your grand fater was norwegian, what about your other 3 grandparents" IMO
I also cant stand their music, its like a mixture of electronica with metal (wtf?) and it seens that the band makes musc just to be played on radios and on mtv. Really dont like them.....
----
06.03.2007 - 08:09
Strid
Account deleted
Written by Asat0r on 01.03.2007 at 08:58

If it wasn't for the lead singer's vocal stylings I don't think this band would be anything special.

Course they would. Not AS special, definitely....gotta admit Till's vocals are really a major. MAJOR. part of their whole sound. But their earlier stuff especially was musically...innovative? inspired? and even without the vocals, they would have been serious contributors to the whole..publicizing..of good industrial music.
Quite frankly, if they were only mediocre, with just the vocals as their attractive force... then they wouldn't have lasted with the intense level of fan worship they have had, and still have.

Written by 4look4rd on 06.03.2007 at 04:30

I also cant stand their music, its like a mixture of electronica with metal (wtf?)

eh, nothing wrong with that....but hey, if it's not to your taste, s'allright
06.03.2007 - 16:11
darksun
Just a personal taste you are right but it shouldn't be called as metal and then.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
06.03.2007 - 17:05
Asat0r
@Strid

Good point, the music is really good, especially their earlier stuff. But I would say the main thing that drew me to them was the vocals.
29.03.2007 - 13:35
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Have finally had the time to watch the Völkerball DVD...wauw it's cool...great atomsphere and stage show. Rammstein is heavy and brutal as ever. The best performance must be during 'Mein Teil' with Till dressed as a butcher. The live CDs are ok, but nothing special...can't really feel the atmosphere
----

09.04.2007 - 20:22
lindemann
Account deleted
Written by GT on 29.03.2007 at 13:35

Have finally had the time to watch the Völkerball DVD...wauw it's cool...great atomsphere and stage show. Rammstein is heavy and brutal as ever. The best performance must be during 'Mein Teil' with Till dressed as a butcher. The live CDs are ok, but nothing special...can't really feel the atmosphere

absolutely Mein Teil is the best performance in Völkerball dvd.I like Schneider's dress,too.He's very hot I adored this dvd,very fantastic.I'm waitinig for new album and I hope they'll come to Turkey...
09.04.2007 - 20:26
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@lindemann: hehe well the clothes they wear are pretty cool...I will not comment on the "he's hot". I think we're all waiting on a new album hoping it will kick some serious industrial german arse
----

12.04.2007 - 13:24
Illusionist
Account deleted
I actually quite liked the female singing in Moskau.

But yeah, Reise, Reise is a bit weak. Amerika rules, though.
12.04.2007 - 21:25
charon
Account deleted
I absolutely love this band, i have to agree though that the albums arent as good as the first 3.I have all there stuff and have seen them live.....amazing.
There isnt a band like them, and if anyone out there knows of one similar please let me know.
12.04.2007 - 22:04
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Guest on 12.04.2007 at 21:25

I absolutely love this band, i have to agree though that the albums arent as good as the first 3.I have all there stuff and have seen them live.....amazing.
There isnt a band like them, and if anyone out there knows of one similar please let me know.

Would love to see them live, but haven't had the oppotunity yet. Which tour did you see?

Oomph! is another German band playing industrial, at least on their first albums. Some of it reminds me of Rammstein
----

13.04.2007 - 22:45
charon
Account deleted
I went to the Reise Reise tour , it really was fantastic, thanks i will try Oomph!
13.04.2007 - 23:10
charon
Account deleted
I went to the Reise Reise tour , it really was fantastic, thanks i will try Oomph!
15.04.2007 - 14:36
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@charon: you're welcome hope you'll like them
----

02.05.2007 - 06:33
Anti-Morten
Account deleted
Rammstein still kicks ass after all these years. I think it's all about personal preferences. Sometimes you like it, sometimes you don't.

I like all of their cd's and videos(except mutter video.)

I'm looking forward to their next cd and was impressed by Rosenrot, but many others didn't think so.

The videos were well thought out and the songs were even better.

Later, Anti-Morten.

P.s...but what do I know, huh? I'm the Admin for the #1 A-ha website on the net.(sister site to Metalstorm, we share the same server....surprise!)

A-ha Cold as Stone
03.06.2007 - 11:27
Grey_Dandelion
Written by Guest on 02.05.2007 at 06:33

Rammstein still kicks ass after all these years. I think it's all about personal preferences. Sometimes you like it, sometimes you don't.

I like all of their cd's and videos(except mutter video.)

I'm looking forward to their next cd and was impressed by Rosenrot, but many others didn't think so.

The videos were well thought out and the songs were even better.

Later, Anti-Morten.

P.s...but what do I know, huh? I'm the Admin for the #1 A-ha website on the net.(sister site to Metalstorm, we share the same server....surprise!)

A-ha Cold as Stone

i agree totally-rammstein is a great band but only recently i got to know them better...keep on making great music you germans
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
11.06.2007 - 05:42
Damned-In-Black
For any that havn't heard, they've announced work has begun on the next album. IMO Rosenrot sucked, barring a couple of songs, and Reise, Reise wasn't too much better - so I'm not expecting much, but I'll still give it a listen. I hope they toss aside the silliness which is spoiling their music (Moskau, Te Quiero Puta! etc) - and then lame the lyrical themes such as in Benzin... ugh.
11.06.2007 - 10:08
CB1964
Account deleted
I'm really not sure if this is the best place to post this, I'm sure someone will advise me, but I have a copy of the rare Mutter Tour Edition 2CD pack for sale. If you are interested, please check it out;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250126867575&rd=1&rd=1
11.06.2007 - 19:07
Grey_Dandelion
i dont know why rosenrot is criticised so much but i really like it-maybe even more than reise reise....
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...