Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
23.08.2006 - 02:57
Anti-Morten
Account deleted
Listen to the Remixes from "Rosenrot","Mann gegen mann", "Benzin" and "Kiene lust".

You'll see the original sound of Rammstein. Heavy, raw and unrestricted.
26.08.2006 - 16:43
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
rammstein : One of those bands , whom i worship .. preety boring ( repeated stuff ) industrial agreee but they are the one who introduced me what metal IS

Rammstein
04.09.2006 - 09:04
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I've always been a pretty big Rammstein fan, I disagree when people label them as industrial though because the only extra element beside some simple riffs on their early stuff is they have a keyboardist, that's it. Rosenrot is pretty decent, not their best but still good, the dvd that came with it was a nice treat too so no complaints here. Aside from their notarity due to pyrotechnics on stage, I've got to say that one of the best elements of Rammstein is the lyrics, not only are they very dark but beautiful, Till is a great writer.
04.09.2006 - 09:04
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I've always been a pretty big Rammstein fan, I disagree when people label them as industrial though because the only extra element beside some simple riffs on their early stuff is they have a keyboardist, that's it. Rosenrot is pretty decent, not their best but still good, the dvd that came with it was a nice treat too so no complaints here. Aside from their notarity due to pyrotechnics on stage, I've got to say that one of the best elements of Rammstein is the lyrics, not only are they very dark but beautiful, Till is a great writer.
13.09.2006 - 22:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Scarrowed Muse: So what would you call them besides industrial? I mean, the electronic drumming style is very dance/industrial and the keyboards like how you said...they're rhythmic and correlate well with the beat and the vocals are very industrial...they even mentioned that they are industrial...i'm still curious as to what you would call Rammstein...
23.09.2006 - 22:14
Megadeth88
Rammstein was the first industrial band I've listened to. And I'll say that their music is really enjoyable. All of their albums have there weak points except "Herzeleid". That album in my opinion has no weak points. All great music. But anyway, I really enjoyed their last two albums. I don't see why people don't like "Reise, Reise", or "Rosenrot". Those albums are just great in my opinion.
23.09.2006 - 22:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
have 'Sehnsucht' on right now for a change
i always seem to enjoy this album and i must have listened to it a million times as well
25.09.2006 - 17:06
Klaara
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.05.2006 at 20:01

It felt like Rosenrot's songs were just some random pieces during the years which weren't yet used.

Exactly!

I have the feeling that Rosenrot is not well-balanced album, if you know what I mean... Btw I really hate Te quiero puta! Moskau was still acceptable 'joke' for me, but this Spanish song is just too much...
I'm disappointed with the 'development' they are doing now. They changed style a bit in last two albums - they're good (and lyrics are still perfect), but ... I miss the magic of old Rammstein. That feeling, that power, that energy, that revolution...

Despite of what I said, I'm still big fan of them. They were the band that got me into metal. I prefer first two albums. I disagree that Mutter is the best, it's not better than Sehnsucht!
I also LOVE their music videos, they are one of the best bands in making videos, imo. And do I have to write about their live shows? Simply - if you want to know what Rammstein are about - go and SEE them. It is unforgettable experience .

I don't listen to them so often as I did before, partly because I found a lot of other bands that are worth listening and are better than Rammstein, but partly also because their newer albums are not so interesting for me...
27.09.2006 - 19:06
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Klaara: totally agree about their videos. They are just awesome. So full of "hidden" messages and hints to understanding the lyrics.
Haven't seen them live yet, but you can get quite a good impression of their performance on the 'Live Aus Berlin' DVD
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.10.2006 - 13:46
DarkRoyale
Account deleted
I think Rammstein really need to go back to the heavier stuff. They are getting justa bit too soft and cold with rosenrot.
01.11.2006 - 09:41
A-Los-Ninos
Account deleted
I always enjoy Rammstein, 'Mutter' and 'Sensucht' were definantly my favourites. and to me Reise Reise was a big dissapointment.
@ Kap'N Korrupt listen to this band "Einstürzende Neubauten" real German industrial.
02.11.2006 - 03:29
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 07.10.2006 at 13:46

I think Rammstein really need to go back to the heavier stuff. They are getting justa bit too soft and cold with rosenrot.

I totally agree... they are going straight downwards since they turned a mellow band...

by the way, if a worst song than "Te Quiero Puta" had been EVER written, I still have not the "luck" to hear it.
02.11.2006 - 20:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
One good song, the rest is too "german" and industrial for me.
----
13.11.2006 - 04:52
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I like RST, I think they're highly overrated, everyone thinks they slam and they are the best in industrial metal, but Oomph! exceeds Rammstein a lot. Till always sounds te same in every song, he has no versatility in his voice, an they've lowered the level alot after the release of "Mutter". Their sound has become weak and... I don't know... They just lost their spark, IMO
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.11.2006 - 19:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Just me who thinks that these guys looks so ... normal? They just doesn't look like they play in a band like Rammstein, not on stage of course, but outside their "job"
----
23.11.2006 - 04:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im still undecided on Rammstein, I liked Reise, Reise....But I hated Rosenrot, I enjoyed Herzeleid, but didnt really like Sehnsucht......ive been listening to them for close to 3 years and im still not sure what to think of them.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.12.2006 - 19:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I'm so looking forward to my copy of the limited edition 'Völkerball' arrives...then it's time for some headbanging Rammstein-style
----

07.12.2006 - 00:26
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 02.11.2006 at 20:13

One good song, the rest is too "german" and industrial for me.

Rammstein is so fucking metal, its silly and that's becuase they are so insanly German, Industrial and Heavy (in the catchy kind of way).
11.12.2006 - 17:50
Strid
Account deleted
Rammstein!!!! I heard, lessee....Sonne, first, and have NEVER looked back Admittedly, yeah, their sound HAS changed over time, and has got a bit more soft/mellow, but if it brings tracks like Stirb Nicht Vor Mir and Rosenrot....it's all good. I love Herzeleid...Links 2 3 4...Adios....heh, whole buncha their older stuff, but their new stuff's quite good, in a different way.

What I DON'T like is Emigrate. What possessed Richard and whoever else is in it to DO something like that?
15.12.2006 - 23:26
..HumanError..
Account deleted
Rammstein is one of the first metal bands Ive known, among Metallica and Iron Maiden. And it was the first time I had really became what we call a "fan". It was Rammstein all the time, in my conversations, loud in my bedroom, loud in mum's car :p, (not so) loud in my ears, at school, during the breaks, and even during the lessons :p.

Weirdly, eventho I know Mutter and Sehnsucht are (musically) their best albums, I listen more to Reise, Reise. To me, theres a kind of ... harmony between all the songs in the album. Its easier to listen to, when Im working, alone, in my bedroom, with a glass of vodka not far from the desk (if dad had not drunk everything before i manage to have little glass), on some philosophy novel (vodka helps much ).

I didnt like Rosenrot as Ive loved and cherished the other albums, I found it... a bit "pop". And I dont like Texas at all, therefore i dont like Stirb Nicht Vor Mir much, but yeah I must confess, I would have liked it more if I could forget the girl from Texas was singing :p (I dont even want to remember her name :p). The song Rosenrot is the one I liked the most in that album, Benzin is cool, Spring is great, and the rest average.

Mein Teil ; Reise,Reise ; Du Hast ; Sonne ; Links 2 3 4 ; Halleluja are my favos. But almost all of their songs have been/are my favos. Depends on my mood and etc...

Rammstein changed a lot of things for me, Ive started being interested in german language, culture, (beer of course) and people.

I've heard some of Emigrate's songs, but I cant remember whether it was good or not, and thats not a good sign. (Btw, Richard is just so sexy :p).

Anyways, lets bow to one of the greatest german bands, one of the greatest metal bands.
20.12.2006 - 03:41
Bitch Boy
Rammstein is a band with an excellent live performance, but their music, for me, isn't such a great thing. My favorite songs are Engel, Mein Teil, Seemann, and more...
21.01.2007 - 14:00
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by GT on 01.12.2006 at 19:20

I'm so looking forward to my copy of the limited edition 'Völkerball' arrives...then it's time for some headbanging Rammstein-style

Damn...just found out that a prick at Universal "misplaced" the package with my copy...that just pisses me of
----

01.02.2007 - 14:25
lindemann
Account deleted
very very good,super band ...i like them so much...their lyrics,videos,live performances are very fantastic...
07.02.2007 - 03:44
Strid
Account deleted
Your avatar is just....so...

And...just listened to the Clawfinger remix of Keine Lust.....
11.02.2007 - 02:09
Kurzag
Account deleted
Thanks to Rammstein, they opened my eyes to metal. They quickly became my favourite band. From what they have released, I find Mutter the best album followed by Sehnsucht. Probarly the darkest album so far. Reise, Reise was just a weak album, but still I like it.

The best thing about Rammstein is their live performance the pyro and all that stuff, which make Rammstein a great live band. Maybe one of the best ever. Till sings good both live and album.
11.02.2007 - 12:19
EvillSpell
Rammstein forever! It was the beginning to me, so I really appreciate it!
----
If you love something, let it go... If it doesn't return, hunt it down and kill it!
11.02.2007 - 15:48
darksun
I've never been able to like them.I always find that what they do for high-school teenagers.A music and band based on mostly stage shows and simply music.Industrial metal also somethign strange.While metal is against the popularity and industry of music labels(econmically whose god is money),i can't think anything right or smart making the music for the side of popularity.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
14.02.2007 - 14:59
lindemann
Account deleted
Written by darksun on 11.02.2007 at 15:48

I've never been able to like them.I always find that what they do for high-school teenagers.A music and band based on mostly stage shows and simply music.Industrial metal also somethign strange.While metal is against the popularity and industry of music labels(econmically whose god is money),i can't think anything right or smart making the music for the side of popularity.

you think wrong my friend...not only teenagers listen them...
14.02.2007 - 18:05
darksun
I just made generalization.Sure i know i have friends from university who adore them.What i say they are suitable for teenagers mostly.A mature ear,after a definete age should direct more high in quality in music,IMO.Rammstein is good for entertaining people and spending some spare time but not much.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
15.02.2007 - 14:38
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
I also were one of those who first got a taste of metal through Rammstein, ever since I've been obsessed, Till's voice is sooooo sexy! I just wanna eat him up. And never shit him out! Lmao, just an expression as to how I love him.

My most favorite album is. Sehnsucht! Buck Dich. HAIL THE SONG!
Also, goes to Du Riechst So Gut! I know it's from Herzeleid. I'm not stupid. Also, Mein Teil.

Ok. Simply, I love all of their albums and songs. There I said it. I'm finished.