Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
22.06.2007 - 05:59
DevilBabi
LOVE IT ALL

AND THT IS ALL IM GOING TO SAY ABOUT THAT
22.06.2007 - 05:59
DevilBabi
LOVE IT ALL

AND THT IS ALL IM GOING TO SAY ABOUT THAT
04.07.2007 - 20:52
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
For US fans, the following message was posted (June 25, 2007) on Rammstein's official website:

"We are happy to announce to all US-Fans, that "VÖLKERBALL" will be released in the United States upcoming September! We will confirm the exact date as soon as it is absolutely safe. Please do come and visit here occasionally and register for the newsletter, as there will be one sent closer to the release confirming the exact date."
23.07.2007 - 13:13
baldur
lindemann will quit his job as the singer of rammstein after the release of the new album!
05.08.2007 - 15:52
Kideias
Account deleted
I don't like them.I saw a dvd (live aus berlin I think) and it was quite amusing i could say.It's funny to watch someone punching himself while singing,watching the blood spilted around and smoke, fireworks and all that shit.And the keyman travelling with a boat over the crowd on ''mein boot'' i think..Anyway I don't like their most songs i've heard but it would be nice to watch a gig of them. (if it was 4 free of course).But this is my point of view so...:sleep:
16.08.2007 - 12:31
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by baldur on 23.07.2007 at 13:13

lindemann will quit his job as the singer of rammstein after the release of the new album!

Luckily you were wrong...http://www.rammstein.com
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.08.2007 - 15:59
baldur
Written by GT on 16.08.2007 at 12:31

Written by baldur on 23.07.2007 at 13:13

Luckily you were wrong...http://www.rammstein.com

yeah its just a rumor

didnt know that before sorry
16.08.2007 - 18:26
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Rammstein without Till Lindemann is DEAD. His voice is unique, and no one has his charisma. Don't ever spread rumours like that anymore! It is almost blasphemy! Till used to be my hero. He just needs long hair. Badly.
16.08.2007 - 22:22
Pinusar
Account deleted
I have listened to Rammstein, but not too much. I like it, I'd say they do very good music, but I think there might be industrial bands around, that are not worse than them.
17.08.2007 - 11:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i only enjoy "Ohne dich"...

and Sonne has really funny video-clip
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.08.2007 - 02:51
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 17.08.2007 at 11:16

i only enjoy "Ohne dich"...

and Sonne has really funny video-clip

The clip that was made for Sonne is one of the best they have made!!! It's not funny! I found it so dark... But the best remains Mein Teil.. I think I have watched that video at least 100 times.
18.08.2007 - 09:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well...i found the pictures of Till Lindemann as a dwarf spanked by Snowwhite or Snowhite sniffing the gold dust or whatever they mined very funny

but maybe i didn't catch the background message if there's any
----

18.08.2007 - 16:37
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 18.08.2007 at 09:35

well...i found the pictures of Till Lindemann as a dwarf spanked by Snowwhite or Snowhite sniffing the gold dust or whatever they mined very funny

but maybe i didn't catch the background message if there's any

Let me point out a little mistake . Till wasn't the one being spanked, but Paul was. And Flake was getting ready to be spanked. Indeed that scene is funny... But the one with the glass coffin is just so beautiful... I remember it made me cry some years ago. Not because of Snow White's death, but because they (the dwarfs) all looked so cute and sad... .

But yes... Sonne is my favourite video, after Mein Teil. I watched them all again yesterday. Been some time...
19.08.2007 - 12:27
Carrion
Account deleted
Talking about Rammstein's videos, Mann Gegen Mann is quite scary. And Benzin is just ridiculous when they're driving in the firetruck.
20.08.2007 - 03:37
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.08.2007 at 12:27

Talking about Rammstein's videos, Mann Gegen Mann is quite scary. And Benzin is just ridiculous when they're driving in the firetruck.

Haha yes... I didn't like Rosenrot much. I was really disappointed. Thus I don't mind saying both videos that have been made for the singles Mann Gegen Mann and Benzin are... let's say... a bit funny. (Hearing me criticizing Rammstein is rare, even if it is not my favourite band anymore. I still have 3 years of total Rammstein-mania behind me.)

The song Benzin itself is not bad, and it would have been better if they used the theme of fire and pyrothecnics another way, since they use that during their concerts, and they became famous partly thanks to that.

The single Mann Gegen Mann is the one of the songs I like the least, among all Rammstein's... And I don't like muscled men. Mucles.. ewww...

I don't like music videos at all, but Rammstein's are always special, in a way or another. Their best videos are the ones they made during the Mutter and Reise Reise era.
30.08.2007 - 05:28
selken
Irreligious
Great band, I have heard all their entire catalog, my fav album is sehnsucht.
----
25.09.2007 - 12:24
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Even though Rammstein released two somewhat uninspiring albums (Reise, Reise and Rosenrot) which should have been made into one great album, they still remain my favourite band. Great sound, videos which are true works of art, excellent live performances... What else to say, I just love them
----
28.09.2007 - 15:48
baldur
for about 3 years i was a big fan of this band but now...hm.. dont know they got boring but nevertheless they do have some awesome songs for example: adios;spring;los;asche zu asche
spring got some very funny lyrics like to listen to this song
28.09.2007 - 15:56
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@baldur: to me Rammstein will never be boring...they have so many great songs and they are all very different so it's possible to have some variation when listening to them

anyway hope you'll get into them again someday
----

29.09.2007 - 16:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Anyone heard the new project from Richard Krüpse? It's called Emigrate and should be quite good
----

03.10.2007 - 14:48
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I use to be a fan , any good stuff release by the band after 2001 ??
03.10.2007 - 15:36
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Hembrom on 03.10.2007 at 14:48

I use to be a fan , any good stuff release by the band after 2001 ??

The compilation/DVD 'Völkerball' is must have...it's brilliant. Features both old and new songs...
----

04.10.2007 - 08:38
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
^ Will check it out , thanks
05.10.2007 - 20:01
Olli
Has anyone here heard Rammsteins song "Otherworld" that appeared on Final Fantasy X? I think it's pretty awesome
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
15.10.2007 - 23:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Rammstein Parody from Slovakian punk (a quite "joke" i´d say) band Horký?e Slí?e...you recognize them ? i was seriously rofl while watching it...

(and hope i wont strike some fan off with it : )
----

17.10.2007 - 10:35
m3ta1he4d
Sehnsucht and Mutter are my favorite albums from these guys of Germany..
18.10.2007 - 00:09
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
They were my first band, and even though I haven't listened to them in many many months, I still like them. My favourite album is Muttar
21.10.2007 - 14:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
can someone tell me what Rammstein means in german? If it has some meaning at all.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.10.2007 - 16:32
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by BloodTears on 21.10.2007 at 14:55

can someone tell me what Rammstein means in german? If it has some meaning at all.

Don't know if this will help you:

"Rammstein means a stone battering ram. (Rammen meaning to ram, and stein meaning stone). Another theory is it is named after the Ramstein (only one 'm') airbase, in Germany, where a spectacular airshow disaster occured. The last song on the bands debut album, Herzeleid, also the first song Rammstein ever wrote, was inspired by this accident. "
21.10.2007 - 16:40
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Unconsecrated on 21.10.2007 at 16:32

Written by BloodTears on 21.10.2007 at 14:55

Don't know if this will help you:

"Rammstein means a stone battering ram. (Rammen meaning to ram, and stein meaning stone). Another theory is it is named after the Ramstein (only one 'm') airbase, in Germany, where a spectacular airshow disaster occured. The last song on the bands debut album, Herzeleid, also the first song Rammstein ever wrote, was inspired by this accident. "

Oh yes that helps. Its interesting.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram