Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
18.04.2010 - 08:01
Uller
Written by Kennoth on 17.04.2010 at 18:57

Written by Uller on 17.04.2010 at 08:26

There is nothing, NOTHING in the music world ugly as reggaeton, its the worst shit ever made, lyrics sucks, the music is always the same beat, and the cultural content its a step down for mankind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbo_folk
Look it up in youtube if you dare, I don't

Omg! its hard to choose.... I think that reggaeton wins in ugliness
Reggaeton

vs

Turbo-folk

Who wins?

To me, reggaeton is worst.
----
18.04.2010 - 08:57
Zuzuz0r
Lol, Turbo-Folk sounds like the eastern european version of Reggaeton, but still, I think Reggaeton is worse than that.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
18.04.2010 - 14:43
Kennoth
Well...I have to listen to that crap on daily basis, it's VERY popular where I'm from.

Here's some more

----
*insert something deep and profound*
18.04.2010 - 20:20
Zuzuz0r
Hmm, I kinda liked the intro, maybe because I don't hear that music everyday here, and well, we have also the same problem, we listen everywhere to Reggaeton, in the bus, TV, at the street, etc... lol, and well, not only reggaeton, but also cumbias, ranchera, La Academia shit, and an endless list
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
18.04.2010 - 20:57
Kennoth
Yeah, well, I can't find a normal club, or a bar, without this crap playing, because all the crowded and 'cool' ones play almost exclusively this.
----
09.05.2010 - 01:18
metalhead3
Written by Kennoth on 18.04.2010 at 14:43

Well...I have to listen to that crap on daily basis, it's VERY popular where I'm from.

Here's some more

hahah shit shit shit that is the biggest shit on Balkan,here in Croatia this is popular and wherever you go you will hear this kind of music.
09.05.2010 - 03:54
Kennoth
Written by metalhead3 on 09.05.2010 at 01:18

hahah shit shit shit that is the biggest shit on Balkan,here in Croatia this is popular and wherever you go you will hear this kind of music.

Yup, it fucking sucks
----
09.05.2010 - 22:59
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Some fine-ass piece of arabic music =p ..

BTW: this song of about "grapes" .. it's called "grapes"

----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
09.05.2010 - 23:40
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
@ezz_zombie: What's not to love about this video? The tits are great.
10.05.2010 - 02:47
whatsacow
Whatever that genre is called where they do the gay screamo covers of rap songs. brokencyde and bands like that make me feel like vomiting.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
11.05.2010 - 01:04
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by John Barleycorn on 09.05.2010 at 23:40

@ezz_zombie: What's not to love about this video? The tits are great.

LMFAO !!! yep, too bad they're fake.. i prefer naturals.

anyways, here's something else:

----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
18.05.2010 - 18:12
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The worse.. and no one can beat me on this.. is Brazilian Pagode... check it out...

Sure, the video is pure mockery... but you can't expect much difference on the originals...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
21.05.2010 - 20:09
Hugoj33
REGGAETON SUCKS! MAKES ME WANNA DIE
22.05.2010 - 04:34
Archetype
Written by Kennoth on 18.04.2010 at 14:43

Here's some more

Hahaha having grown up in the Balkans myself, I can tell you that I feel your pain. I never had an ear for it either.
24.05.2010 - 18:31
Sorcha
I dislike Rap, Hip-Hop, Dance, Techno and most Dutch volksingers. Although these genres do have 1 or 2 good songs. And since listening it here I also dislike Reggaeton.
27.05.2010 - 20:32
the stranger
I'm gonna have to defend reggaeton, but just one band and one dude. Those are Calle 13 and Tego Calderon. Happily here most of the reggaeton crap doesn't sound anymore anywhere, it's been replace by cumbia, which is WAY better.
27.05.2010 - 22:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Uirapuru on 18.05.2010 at 18:12

The worse.. and no one can beat me on this.. is Brazilian Pagode... check it out...

Sure, the video is pure mockery... but you can't expect much difference on the originals...

hhaha, that was good, but this is even "better":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJEkQ-cL0kQ

i don't have anything against people who listen to that, even though there are lots of them and most of them would give me shit if i walked around looking "metal" in places they hang out, but holy shit that has to be the dumbest non-parody music i've ever heard. Reggaeton comes in pretty close though, but not by much.

Written by Damnated on 27.01.2008 at 19:40

Written by Valentin B on 26.01.2008 at 21:04

try Goran Bregovic's stuff, stay away from manele and turbofolk(if what i've heard about TF is correct)

turbofolk? ZOMG!!1! it can't be worse than manele, though.

hahah, that's true man. i have a hard time imagining a genre of music more dumb and commercial than manele, if it even exists. manele set a new worldwide low in dumbed-down music for the masses. still, in the right mood and after a sufficient amount of booze, i won't deny i'll dance to it plus most of it is unintentionally funny as fuck, it just begs to be made fun of.

i challenge anyone here to show me a video of the stupidest most commercial genre of music in their home country, and i swear i'm gonna retaliate with an even dumber, more commercial manele video
28.05.2010 - 05:18
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Valentin B on 27.05.2010 at 22:21

hhaha, that was good, but this is even "better":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJEkQ-cL0kQ

i don't have anything against people who listen to that, even though there are lots of them and most of them would give me shit if i walked around looking "metal" in places they hang out, but holy shit that has to be the dumbest non-parody music i've ever heard. Reggaeton comes in pretty close though, but not by much.

ROFLMAO! The little dude in black was having trouble trying to sing, dance and interact with the girls at the same time. For a non-parady, this is one reached a high standard in ridiculousness...

But the Pagode can overcome its level in every new video clip...

In this one for example, the mother forbids the son to play music because he's grades are low... all of this is seen as a terrible injustice... it's nice because it represents what Brazil is all about... lazyness, disobedience, hypocrisy and reversed priorities

So the video lack musical and ethical qualities... AND to get things worse, the womans are not semi-nude... POWWNN!!
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
28.05.2010 - 08:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Uirapuru on 28.05.2010 at 05:18

But the Pagode can overcome its level in every new video clip...

In this one for example, the mother forbids the son to play music because he's grades are low... all of this is seen as a terrible injustice... it's nice because it represents what Brazil is all about... lazyness, disobedience, hypocrisy and reversed priorities

So the video lack musical and ethical qualities... AND to get things worse, the womans are not semi-nude... POWWNN!!

lol hahahaah that one was good, only the fact is that (sadly for you) that kind of "sound" is the one that most people associate with Brazil when they hear it. and the women not being semi-nude is imo a non-ridiculous point

retaliation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcU7L1ls4II

i don't think i need to explain what's happening there, all i'm gonna say is that the girl says in the beginning "da de ce sa iti dau id-ul meu?" = "why should i give you my yahoo messenger id?"- good question
28.05.2010 - 11:29
Kennoth
What's manele?

And no, you can't top the turbo folk, or the extreme balkan folk like this one, though I'd take this any time of the day instead of the more commercialized monstrosities that play on disco joints every day

----
28.05.2010 - 14:24
Met@1lurg
I don't like Disco. I never dance.
30.05.2010 - 20:10
vezzy
Stallmanite
In my opinion, the worst genre ever is chalga. I can't describe how bad it is, but one thing about it is that pretty much every chalga song sounds the same. Heck, you could easily think that most chalga songs are all by the same artist.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
18.07.2010 - 10:26
Cyroth
This is the real enemy of metal not hip-hop and rap(well that too,in America for all kids that discovered slipknot as the most brOOtal shit in the world)...but you get just bored of the same shit all are saying that hip-hop and rap are talentless,well the music on tv yes(90% in my country to be exact),but the underground scene is different and I bet there are people there that can really sing and have meaningful lyrics.
An example of a hip-hop trio in my country that I accept( and are well known),maybe even like is Parazitii (Parasites in translation).Their lyrics are very meaningful and treat the Romanian society problems,government and so on.

All in all for us balcans the no 1 shit is this derivation of folk music.
----
23.07.2010 - 18:24
JD
Account deleted
Techno, trance, eltronic shit, you know thae FAGETS genre!!
28.07.2010 - 15:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 23.07.2010 at 18:24

Techno, trance, eltronic shit, you know thae FAGETS genre!!

Hm, FAGETS genre? That's a new one.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.07.2010 - 07:14
whatsacow
Hmmmm... its a very tough decision between country music and power metal.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
06.08.2010 - 00:11
the stranger
Written by whatsacow on 29.07.2010 at 07:14

I think Power Metal wins it by a large margin.
06.08.2010 - 09:45
Perseverence
Account deleted
I don't hate any genre but newer rap and country are a little unerving at times.
09.08.2010 - 02:06
whatsacow
Written by the stranger on 06.08.2010 at 00:11

Written by whatsacow on 29.07.2010 at 07:14

I think Power Metal wins it by a large margin.

Only because country music a) doesn't all sound the same, b) it actually has male singers, and some balls about it, and c) IT DOESNT ALL SOUND THE FUCKING SAME!!!!!!
----
14.08.2010 - 16:24
Triumphator
Shitty artists like Justin Bieber,Miley Cyrus,Rihanna,Lady Gaga,.. It's really a shame to call that music..