Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
14.08.2010 - 16:37
Perseverance
Account deleted
Written by Triumphator on 14.08.2010 at 16:24

Shitty artists like Justin Bieber,Miley Cyrus,Rihanna,Lady Gaga,.. It's really a shame to call that music..

Dude check out the Lady Gaga thread! All opinions welcome!
14.08.2010 - 18:09
Triumphator
Written by Guest on 14.08.2010 at 16:37

Written by Triumphator on 14.08.2010 at 16:24

Shitty artists like Justin Bieber,Miley Cyrus,Rihanna,Lady Gaga,.. It's really a shame to call that music..

Dude check out the Lady Gaga thread! All opinions welcome!

Yeah I've noticed that topic.. Will check it out..
18.08.2010 - 15:11
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Mainstream pop like Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Lady GaGa, Owl City, Never Shout Never, etc.
Almost anything with -core.
Post-hardcore is annoying.
Nintendocore is unbearable.
Crunkcore is ughh, just ughh.
Trancecore sucks a lot too.
Bands like Alesana, Enter Shikari, Attack Attack!, Abandon All Ships!, Brokencyde, Dot Dot Curve, Pierce The Veil, A Skylit Drive, etc.
Pop/Punk is very generic, don't get me wrong, I used to enjoy it, but now it's all over the place and it's very generic.
"Country" if Taylor Swift is.
Some R&B like Trey Songz, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas, etc.
Jonas Brothers, my friend likes them. It's getting on my nerves!
Any rap or hip hop artist whose music depends on sex as a subject.
Modern Post-Grunge artists like Nickelback and Creed.
Bands like Paramore, My Chemical Romance, and Avenged Sevenfold get me mad, why? My friends talk about them all the freaking time and how awesome they are when these bands are mediocre at best, imho.
Deathcore like Bring Me The Horizon, Suicide Silence, Impending Doom, Whitechapel, The Acacia Strain, etc. (I did mention anything with -core, anyways...)

That's just my opinion.
19.08.2010 - 16:35
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 18.08.2010 at 15:11

Almost anything with -core.
Nintendocore is unbearable.
Crunkcore is ughh, just ughh.
Trancecore sucks a lot too.

I really don't think those genres actually exist, but are more like some magazine editors made them up.
What about hardcore punk of the late '70s and '80s?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
19.08.2010 - 17:53
Kennoth
Written by whatsacow on 09.08.2010 at 02:06

Only because country music a) doesn't all sound the same, b) it actually has male singers, and some balls about it, and c) IT DOESNT ALL SOUND THE FUCKING SAME!!!!!!

I don't understand all the fuzz about it. Besides, like in every other genre, there are innovative and original bands even in power metal, if you know or care enough to look.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
19.08.2010 - 21:14
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 19.08.2010 at 17:53
I don't understand all the fuzz about it. Besides, like in every other genre, there are innovative and original bands even in power metal, if you know or care enough to look.

Go listen to new Blind Guardian (or old, I don't know, I've never bothered to check em out besides songs, and no they're NOT just promos, mind you) and then you'll understand all the "fuzz".
----
20.08.2010 - 01:51
whatsacow
Written by vezzy on 19.08.2010 at 21:14

Written by Kennoth on 19.08.2010 at 17:53

Go listen to new Blind Guardian (or old, I don't know, I've never bothered to check em out besides songs, and no they're NOT just promos, mind you) and then you'll understand all the "fuzz".

I like some of blind guardians songs. I will admit that. There may be one or two power metal songs i like, but as a whole, the genre doesnt have much to offer imo.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
20.08.2010 - 12:06
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by whatsacow on 20.08.2010 at 01:51

I like some of blind guardians songs. I will admit that. There may be one or two power metal songs i like, but as a whole, the genre doesnt have much to offer imo.

Personally, the only power I listen to is Rage and Jag Panzer.
----
21.08.2010 - 04:39
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Quote:
I really don't think those genres actually exist, but are more like some magazine editors made them up.
What about hardcore punk of the late '70s and '80s?

No. Hardcore punk of the late '70s and '80s is the real deal among the -core stuff. It has influenced a lot of genres like thrash metal and grunge, but, now? No, hardcore punk isn't that good anymore. Well, there are a few decent bands out there but other than them no, just a bunch of punk wannabe posers. No offense! There is still Sick Of It All, and others. I don't really listen to a lot of hardcore punk though.

I also dislike those loser "punk rock" bands like Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Green Day(newer stuff). No offense if you like them, that's just my opinion. They are very overrated. If bands like those keep on popping, and claim that they're punk, punk will die. I know that's not what you asked, I'm just saying.
24.08.2010 - 03:23
Zuzuz0r
Written by Guest on 21.08.2010 at 04:39

I also dislike those loser "punk rock" bands like Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Green Day(newer stuff). No offense if you like them, that's just my opinion. They are very overrated. If bands like those keep on popping, and claim that they're punk, punk will die.

Isn't this trend(the one you refer as loser punk rock) already dead? I haven't heard anything new about Good Charlotte or Simple Plan anymore or any new band from this style.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
24.08.2010 - 14:38
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Written by Zuzuz0r on 24.08.2010 at 03:23

I also dislike those loser "punk rock" bands like Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Green Day(newer stuff). No offense if you like them, that's just my opinion. They are very overrated. If bands like those keep on popping, and claim that they're punk, punk will die.

Isn't this trend(the one you refer as loser punk rock) already dead? I haven't heard anything new about Good Charlotte or Simple Plan anymore or any new band from this style.

It is dead but there are bands that won't just give up...
25.08.2010 - 20:04
vezzy
Stallmanite

No. Hardcore punk of the late '70s and '80s is the real deal among the -core stuff. It has influenced a lot of genres like thrash metal and grunge, but, now? No, hardcore punk isn't that good anymore. Well, there are a few decent bands out there but other than them no, just a bunch of punk wannabe posers. No offense! There is still Sick Of It All, and others. I don't really listen to a lot of hardcore punk though.

I also dislike those loser "punk rock" bands like Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Green Day(newer stuff). No offense if you like them, that's just my opinion. They are very overrated. If bands like those keep on popping, and claim that they're punk, punk will die. I know that's not what you asked, I'm just saying.

And at the same time, if more flower metal bands like the ones you listen to keep on popping, metal will die. Oh wait, it won't. And neither has punk fully, I don't think so.

You really don't seem like the authority on these things.
----
26.08.2010 - 00:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I for one hope Pop-Punk never shows its ugly head ever again.

Lifestyles of the rich and famous, always complaining, always complaining... *shudders*
26.08.2010 - 00:27
vezzy
Stallmanite
I hate pop punk too, but oh well.
----
27.08.2010 - 22:45
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Quote:
And at the same time, if more flower metal bands like the ones you listen to keep on popping, metal will die. Oh wait, it won't. And neither has punk fully, I don't think so.

You really don't seem like the authority on these things.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The bands I listen to are not "flower", maybe you don't like their genres, but whatever. I don't like death metal a lot either. That's how I see things. I see it my own way, not your way. I say, there will come a day and everything would be revived, but that's just me.

I am not the authority of these things, obviously.

I just stated what's in my mind. I wanted to share it here. I don't think there is any genre which is going to die. Why? Because there will always be bands coming to the rescue.
28.08.2010 - 22:49
vezzy
Stallmanite
Well, classic defense: 'maybe you don't like them'. Um, I don't, BECAUSE it is so. Cheesy keyboard melody drowning everything.
----
29.08.2010 - 03:38
Wishmaster
Account deleted
I know, but the bands I listen to are without keyboards. I don't know from where you got "cheese" or "flower" in the bands. Ah! Maybe in the collection? My collection sucks anyway. I need to delete some bands I know I won't listen to.
I don't mind some cheese though.
29.08.2010 - 03:45
Wishmaster
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.08.2010 at 00:15

I for one hope Pop-Punk never shows its ugly head ever again.

Lifestyles of the rich and famous, always complaining, always complaining... *shudders*

I second that. Though I have to listen to it everyday by force...
29.08.2010 - 05:08
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
My brother's into that loser punk shit, when i listen to what he listens to i keep thinking in my head "WOW, that music is gay as hell !!" ...
a bunch of highschool kids whose parents got them guitars for christmas thought they'd start a band to get chicks and get invited to parties.. this is breaifly what loser punk rock is about... goddamn !
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
29.08.2010 - 20:10
warrior_of_ice
I truly hate Dubstep. Its fucking annoying, obnoxious, boring, monotonous and a fad. I find that a lot of Dubstep fans are usually (not always) arrogant people who seem to overlook how easy it is to make Dubshit.
14.09.2010 - 20:31
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Celine Dion because she isn't hot.
14.09.2010 - 21:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by John Barleycorn on 14.09.2010 at 20:31

Celine Dion because she isn't hot.

Unless you have a horse fetish, in which case she's smokin'
20.05.2011 - 16:48
XV535Virago
A crappy "music style" called "manele", it exists only in my country. Basically it is a melange of pop,serbian,turkish & arabic music.
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
20.05.2011 - 19:27
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I hate rap. Not all rap but most. Being from California (the birth of the gangster rap) everywhere I go there is rap influence.

This is honestly why I hate rap, guys and people like this

20.05.2011 - 21:31
Bulletdodger
Rap , can't stand it. I must admit there are some good lyricists in rap, and a few good tunes, but there never was a complete song I liked. I feel like someone poking me in the brain with a branch.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
21.05.2011 - 04:16
Void_Eater
Account deleted
This may come as a suprise to some, but I really hate deathcore. Why?

*CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA! CHUG CHUG! CHUG CHUG! "Insert lyrics about how badass you are* CHUG CHUG!*
21.05.2011 - 11:57
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 21.05.2011 at 04:16

*CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGA! CHUG CHUG! CHUG CHUG! "Insert lyrics about how badass you are* CHUG CHUG!*

A capella courses sound good to you?
----
21.05.2011 - 14:26
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Eurodance and turbo-folk.
21.05.2011 - 18:58
Slayer666
Whatever genre these guys are supposed to be...

The lyrics are also obviously a masterpiece, crafted by clearly the finest wordsmith of our time.
21.05.2011 - 22:24
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 21.05.2011 at 11:57

Written by Guest on 21.05.2011 at 04:16

A capella courses sound good to you?

I don't get it.