Metal Storm logo
Manowar

Original post

Posted by Clintagräm, 03.06.2006 - 00:23
As I sit here and listen to most likely the greatest band of all time I notice that there isn't a topic for them, so I decided to make one. Manowar are a band that you must love, and if you don't, you're gay. Haha, seriously though. They make some wicked music, though pompous, they deserve to be, I mean, they are the KINGS OF METAL. I do enjoy their upbeat attitude, killer riffing, and Eric Adams god like vocals. Very manly. I would call them Heavy Metal (or moreover, Traditional Metal) than anything, but they do have some Speed and Power Metal tendencies every now and then. Any fans?

And remember kids, while other bands play - Manowar kill.
01.09.2008 - 21:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
have you heard their new single "Die With Honor" already imo great piece of music again
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.09.2008 - 23:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Gordon Freeman on 13.05.2008 at 22:09

Furthermore, I fail to see the point of a thread designed to fellate some no talent band if nobody comes in to stir the pot every now and then.

Yeah, but you just make yourself look even dumber if you come in here with what seems to be no purpose. Stirring the pot would be perhaps sparking an intelligent argument about a certain album, instead of just making gay jokes, I really don't see what you have to achieve by doing that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.09.2008 - 00:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 01.09.2008 at 23:28

Stirring the pot would be perhaps sparking an intelligent argument about a certain album, instead of just making gay jokes

hahaha, with all respect to Manowar and how much i like them, there's not really a clear line between an intelligent argument against them and gay jokes just look at this picture, see what i mean?

02.09.2008 - 00:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 02.09.2008 at 00:03

Stirring the pot would be perhaps sparking an intelligent argument about a certain album, instead of just making gay jokes

hahaha, with all respect to Manowar and how much i like them, there's not really a clear line between an intelligent argument against them and gay jokes just look at this picture, see what i mean?

Well of course but the pictures speak for themselves, its already obvious that they are very homoerotic, and Im pretty sure theres already been 4 dozen jokes already made in this thread...Besides, most of the people who make the jokes are somewhat casual Manowar fans anyways and the jokes are...well jokes, others are serious about the jokes. I guess its the tone of the jokes.
----
- George Carlin
02.09.2008 - 00:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 02.09.2008 at 00:11

Well of course but the pictures speak for themselves, its already obvious that they are very homoerotic, and Im pretty sure theres already been 4 dozen jokes already made in this thread...Besides, most of the people who make the jokes are somewhat casual Manowar fans anyways and the jokes are...well jokes, others are serious about the jokes. I guess its the tone of the jokes.

are you a fan of Manowar?(just curios)
02.09.2008 - 00:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 02.09.2008 at 00:13

Written by Doc G. on 02.09.2008 at 00:11

are you a fan of Manowar?(just curios)

Hell yeah.
----
- George Carlin
02.09.2008 - 11:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 02.09.2008 at 00:13

Hell yeah.

check out my Manowar Anthems thread in the metal arena then
09.09.2008 - 21:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
just finished "The Day The Earth Shook - The Absolute Power"... i have no words, it's one of the most EPIC concerts ever seen. in Battle Hymn, when the drummers start rising and later when all 5 guitarists, Joey and Eric start stomping all at once...

also there were lots of funny moments, like a guy who looked like Arnold and a dude with a HUGE fur coat(how the fuck didn't that guy sweat to death?) and at the beginning of "The Sign of the Hammer", when that chick licks the guy's tattoo... completely fucking awesome is an understatement.
23.09.2008 - 19:16
zeus
Account deleted
Hail,brothers of metal!Well,it'true as you allready know,''Other bands play,Manowar kill''!Just listen "Achilles".It demonstrates preety well what metal is all about!Only the other gods,Metallica have played that way!I mean pure power,speed,emotion,melody,raw aggresion mixed togethere!Ya,ya,you ''ll start talking about this or the other band,but...Hail And Kill!!!
29.09.2008 - 17:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i just downloaded a bootleg from Brazil with Blood of My Enemies on it, and when the first verse starts, you can actually hear the audience almost drown Eric, it honestly sounds like thousands of angry vikings marching accross a battlefield singing their battle hymn... makes my hair stand up
05.10.2008 - 22:22
saphira
i have de DVD! it´s amazing!

i'm a Manowar fan since the Kings of Metal album and they're still my favorite band
06.10.2008 - 10:16
MadGatsu
Written by saphira on 05.10.2008 at 22:22

i have de DVD! it´s amazing!

i'm a Manowar fan since the Kings of Metal album and they're still my favorite band

Manowar m/ ^^ Welcome to the forum btw
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
06.10.2008 - 16:55
saphira
Thanks and hail from Portugal
07.10.2008 - 09:17
MadGatsu
Written by saphira on 06.10.2008 at 16:55

Thanks and hail from Portugal

Go to this topic: http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=12465 Its a topic for portuguese people chat freely
----
13.10.2008 - 14:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Army of Immortals is one of their most glorious songs ever. the verses are EPIC. if i don't see them live i'll go into shock soon lol.
08.11.2008 - 03:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
So I recently bought that Gods Of War Live double disc set. Its really hard for me to rate, because the first disc I would give a 9/10, but the second disc I would probably give like a 5/10. Man, I really hope the next album doesn't have the same amount of filler that Gods Of War had....that was unbelievable how much useless crap they packed in there, i.e. the hours of useless spoken word parts and interludes.
----
- George Carlin
09.11.2008 - 01:25
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 08.11.2008 at 03:48

So I recently bought that Gods Of War Live double disc set. Its really hard for me to rate, because the first disc I would give a 9/10, but the second disc I would probably give like a 5/10. Man, I really hope the next album doesn't have the same amount of filler that Gods Of War had....that was unbelievable how much useless crap they packed in there, i.e. the hours of useless spoken word parts and interludes.

Yeah they're going through this phase, where they're trying to be all "Epic" and it's happening at the same time as when Joey was producer for Rhapsody Of Fire.
09.11.2008 - 02:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.11.2008 at 01:25

Yeah they're going through this phase, where they're trying to be all "Epic" and it's happening at the same time as when Joey was producer for Rhapsody Of Fire.

Which is a damn, shame, because the actual heavy metal parts of that album were actually pretty solid, it was just far too cluttered with blatant filler crap.
----
- George Carlin
09.11.2008 - 03:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 09.11.2008 at 02:50

Written by Guest on 09.11.2008 at 01:25

Which is a damn, shame, because the actual heavy metal parts of that album were actually pretty solid, it was just far too cluttered with blatant filler crap.

The first four albums by Manowar are all you need
Those are classics and after that well I won't say what I think of them after Sign of The Hammer.Plus the best part is that those first four still feature Ross The Boss.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.11.2008 - 04:14
Gigginova
Account deleted
@Marcel H. : you and your conservative views : .......... Ross The Boss is a great axeman but Karl Logan is far better on guitar.

Maybee "Fighting The World" and "Kings Of Metal" were kind of popish, just slightly, but after that was incredible . The "Louder Than Hell" album stood for something! It came out in '96, and it proved that Metal WAS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING ASS! Just the opening track "Return Of The Warlord", is all you needed to present to the naysayers of metal at that time.
10.11.2008 - 02:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.11.2008 at 03:10

The first four albums by Manowar are all you need
Those are classics and after that well I won't say what I think of them after Sign of The Hammer.Plus the best part is that those first four still feature Ross The Boss.

Yeah you might be right. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the new albums to an extent, they just tend to be really inconsistent. Warriors Of The World wasn't entirely bad, I loved the title track, 'Call To Arms' and 'Swords In The Wind', but most of the other stuff was really forgettable. The same thing happened with Gods Of War but the filelr tracks were far more blatantly filler. Luckily Manowar albums are cheap enough here that its worth the money just for the top notch tracks.
----
- George Carlin
10.11.2008 - 12:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Best Manowar song is Courage from Louder Than Hell...and the second one right behind is Battle Hymn from Battle Hymns
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.11.2008 - 14:45
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 09.11.2008 at 04:14

@Marcel H. : you and your conservative views : .......... Ross The Boss is a great axeman but Karl Logan is far better on guitar.

Maybee "Fighting The World" and "Kings Of Metal" were kind of popish, just slightly, but after that was incredible . The "Louder Than Hell" album stood for something! It came out in '96, and it proved that Metal WAS STILL ALIVE AND KICKING ASS! Just the opening track "Return Of The Warlord", is all you needed to present to the naysayers of metal at that time.

gotta agree to that, Return of The Warlord is one of their best songs ever, with excellent lyrics, and there's some gems on that album, like Number One(we came here for number one, not for number two < awesome), King, or Outlaw, though the lyrics are pretty average.

my fav album by them is probably Fighting The World, it's their most consistent, there's songs on there that kick serious ass, even by "Sign Of The Hammer" standards, like Black Wind Fire and Steel, or Violence and Bloodshed. on their monstrous Earthshaker live DVD Black Wind Fire and Steel is almost the best moment of all 2 and a half hours of pure fucking heavy metal(aside of course from Battle Hymn). i mean, when the song goes into the last verse, with the lights going completely insane... awesome.

also, check this out fellow immortals:

duhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnduhnManowar!
16.11.2008 - 20:33
arwestromen
I have listen to manowar for a month or three and I can't understand what the great thing is about them....simple base line(most of the time), bad cheezy lyrics (nothing against Good cheezy lyrics) and the vocaloist sounds like he's got a cold or something = weak...and many songs I've heard are about the same thing: swords, glory, thor and his hammer etc.
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
17.11.2008 - 00:12
MadGatsu
Written by arwestromen on 16.11.2008 at 20:33

I have listen to manowar for a month or three and I can't understand what the great thing is about them....simple base line(most of the time), bad cheezy lyrics (nothing against Good cheezy lyrics) and the vocaloist sounds like he's got a cold or something = weak...and many songs I've heard are about the same thing: swords, glory, thor and his hammer etc.

I dont know why, but some Manowar songs make me feel like William Wallace ready to go make war X'D Feels so powerfull :] I guess thats why people love them Not really the technical aspects of their music, just the feeling they get from them.
----
29.11.2008 - 23:54
Metalbound7
This is one of those bands that you love or you hate, theres no middle point. And I love Manowar, This is one of the very first bands that get me into Metal and that give me that Metal Pride. I love their Style and the fact that they sound different from all other Power Metal bands. They know how to give you that "Metal" feeling of power.

Hail and Kill!
01.12.2008 - 06:46
Lehctim
Manowar was a big part in getting me into metal, and Battle Hymn is one of my favorite songs ever, but what the hell is with Gods of War? I seriously think its the biggest let down of all time. The wierd thing is I really liked a lot of the singles and stuff they released between WOTW and GOW, like Dawn of Battle, and then GOW is totally different and complete shit! Theres barely any actual music on the album!
29.01.2009 - 15:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
You know you're a Manowar nerd when you know and recite along to the narration in "Dark Avenger" and then try and scream like Eric does right after the ending
30.01.2009 - 10:06
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Does anybody take Manowar completely serious? I wonder what kind of life that person has
----
Coldgrits
30.01.2009 - 10:10
Woerode
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 30.01.2009 at 10:06

Does anybody take Manowar completely serious? I wonder what kind of life that person has

I could say the same thing about America.