Metal Storm logo
Rush Albums Ranked

Created by: majormalfunction | 10.03.2023

1. Rush - Hemispheres
1978 Rating: 9 Top picks: La Villa Strangiato, Cygnus X1 Book II Hemispheres, Circumstances
2. Rush - 2112
1976 Rating: 9 Top picks: 2112, The Twilight Zone, Tears
3. Rush - Moving Pictures
1981 Rating: 9 Top picks: YYZ, Witch Hunt, Limelight
4. Rush - Power Windows
1985 Rating: 9 Top picks: Marathon, Mystic Rythms, The Big Money
5. Rush - Counterparts
1993 Rating: 9 Top picks: Animate, Leave That Thing Alone, Cold Fire
6. Rush - Grace Under Pressure
1984 Rating: 8 Top picks: Distant Early Warning, Between the Wheels, The Enemy Within
7. Rush - Signals
1982 Rating: 8 Top picks: Subsignals, The Analog Kid, Loosing It
8. Rush - Presto
1989 Rating: 7 Top picks: Red Tide, War Paint, Available Light
9. Rush - Roll The Bones
1991 Rating: 7 Top picks: Dreamline, Ghost Of A Chance, Bravado
10. Rush - A Farewell To Kings
1977 Rating: 7 Top picks: Xanadu, Cygnus X-1 Book I: The Voyage, A Farewell to Kings
11. Rush - Permanent Waves
1980 Rating: 7 Top picks: Natural Science, Different Strings, Spirit of Radio
12. Rush - Fly By Night
1975 Rating: 7 Top picks: By-Tor and the Snow Dog, Anthem, Making Memories
13. Rush - Caress Of Steel
1975 Rating: 7 Top picks: The Necromancer, Lakeside Park, The Fountain Of Lamneth
14. Rush - Hold Your Fire
1987 Rating: 7 Top picks: Lock and Key, Mission, Turn the Page
15. Rush - Clockwork Angels
2012 Rating: 7 Top picks: The Garden, The Wreckers, Caravan
16. Rush - Rush
1974 Rating: 6 Top picks: Working Man, Finding My Way, Here Again
17. Rush - Snakes & Arrows
2007 Rating: 6 Top picks: The Main Monkey Business, The Way the Wind Blows, Far Cry
18. Rush - Test For Echo
1996 Rating: 6 Top picks: Test for Echo, Resist, Virtuality
19. Rush - Vapor Trails
2002 Rating: 6 Top picks: Earthshine, Ghost Rider, How It Is

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by majormalfunction ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 6   Visited by: 14 users
11.03.2023 - 08:10
JoHn Doe
Difficult to rank, thumbs up for the effort alone
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
11.03.2023 - 09:01
majormalfunction
Written by JoHn Doe on 11.03.2023 at 08:10

Difficult to rank, thumbs up for the effort alone

Thanks! Probably the hardest band to rank so far for me... and while discussing Rush in a facebook group I wonder if there is any other band where opinions and rankings of albums are so varying, seems like everyones list is so different from the next persons
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
11.03.2023 - 09:25
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Great band! great list! And I agree with JoHn it's a tough ranking but well done for making the effort, and I would also have your number one as my number one, so it's a thumbs up from me
11.03.2023 - 10:29
JoHn Doe
Bands that consistently put out good albums are difficult to rank. I can think of a few - Rush, Threshold, Marillion, IQ, Pink Floyd, Fates Warning, Pain of Salvation, Nevermore, even Deep Purple, Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
12.03.2023 - 08:35
majormalfunction
Written by JoHn Doe on 11.03.2023 at 10:29

Bands that consistently put out good albums are difficult to rank. I can think of a few - Rush, Threshold, Marillion, IQ, Pink Floyd, Fates Warning, Pain of Salvation, Nevermore, even Deep Purple, Uriah Heep and Black Sabbath.

Yes that's true. Some good suggestions there by the way, Uriah Heep would be fun to listen to everything, mostly familiar with their 70's albums but the songs I heard from their 2000's albums have been really good. Also Marillion, but they feel like a high mountain to climb
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
12.03.2023 - 08:45
JoHn Doe
Written by majormalfunction on 12.03.2023 at 08:35

Written by JoHn Doe on 11.03.2023 at 10:29

Yes that's true. Some good suggestions there by the way, Uriah Heep would be fun to listen to everything, mostly familiar with their 70's albums but the songs I heard from their 2000's albums have been really good. Also Marillion, but they feel like a high mountain to climb

Uriah Heep has released a lot of albums, same with Marillion.
Marillion has released if i remember right 19 albums + the B-Sides Themselves compilation, which I see as an album (it contains their first EP, some parts of it re-recorded and a few B-sides singles, obviously, must listen IMO). If you ever want to explore and start enjoying them, you could take it chronologically.

As for Heep, a few uneven albums, but even on their least inspired albums (to put it gently), there are some good songs.
----

Hits total: 178 | This month: 9