Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil
Theatre Of Tragedy
Xandria

Total votes: 272
02.07.2006 - 11:31
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
whats your favorite female vocal band, what band has better technique and of course what band has the best vocals

for me is After Forever , Floor has a beautiful voice even live its Flawless,the music is great too, one of the best bands ever...
----
Stay Metal !!!
02.07.2006 - 13:24
RavenClaw
Account deleted
it seems you forgot about Tristania... great voice from Vibeke and one of the best bands ever
02.07.2006 - 22:43
DarkMistress
i´m really into the bands with female voices and i like all the bands of the poll

But i voted for Floor, her voice is amazing
----
Wait in fire
02.07.2006 - 22:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
After Forever. That's about all I like from them. Or maybe other, Arch Enemy.

I'll go for AF, since they are more alike with the bands of this poll.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.07.2006 - 23:15
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Gotta love The Gathering I explained why in their thread and relly don' feel like explaining why I love them so much
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
03.07.2006 - 00:00
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
my favourite female vocal band would be OLD!!! Evanescence, from this list however i chose Within Temptation, there's just something in Sharon DenAdel's voice which really goes under my skin, i think her voice is really beautiful
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
03.07.2006 - 00:25
Alouqua
Account deleted
Let me think because all this woman have amazing voices. For me, Simone have the most beautiful and soft voice...
But also Tarja have a beautiful and powerful voice, she can sing different kind of music but I don't really like how she sound in live (personal experience).
Cristina... well her voice is not powerful as Tarja or beautiful as Simone but I like the way she sing you know, is so unique.
Sharon I can't stand her voice... She makes me mad... is like a child voice I just hate her voice...
Floor is other thing, she have this powerful, full of energy way to sing with the most beautiful voice I have hear in a concert, attitude... and the music help a lot
But as Nervel said you forget the most original femal singer: Angela Gossow. definitively the most original of all. And also Sonia Scarlet, she have this voice, so unique is THE voice...
I guess I can't vote for one...
03.07.2006 - 00:30
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I choose Arch Enemy, strictly because of my unhealthy fixation with the Gothenburg style.
03.07.2006 - 00:58
Dam3k
I went for Tarja it's one of my favourite the rest are very typical, there are few power metal bands with a female vocalist and it's awesome (Sinergy, Nightwish). I don't like the female fronted "gothic" stuff...
----

03.07.2006 - 01:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Angela from Arch Enemy is my favorite, but I don't think that style of vocals is what the thread-creator intended. If I had to choose I would go with the chick from After Forever, but I hate that genre of music. I'm fairly surprised that Epica is on the poll because I've always considered the lead singer to be one of the worst. Her vocals are really too weak.
03.07.2006 - 03:05
X-FrEaK
i voted for Arch Enemy's Angela Gossow, it isnt the best voice but is the most powerful

from the list i would chose Nightwish's Tarja, she has a great operatic(opera style :X) voice!
----
03.07.2006 - 12:02
LeDruide
Hey, what about Edenbridge ? Sabine has a really great voice and the Lanvall's compositions are so well balanced between the musical background and Sabine's voice. Their last album is really good.
From the bands listed, I like Epica, Within Temptation, Nightwish and Xandria.
04.07.2006 - 01:40
nick35
Account deleted
lacuna coil all the way. actually they are the only metal band with a chivk singer that i can stand
04.07.2006 - 03:20
Surtur
I voted other because I consider that Arch Enemy have a great voice, even that if I have to chose a clean female voice I'll go for Vibeke Stene...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
04.07.2006 - 03:21
Deathwyrm
Voted for Lunatica.

True, I haven't heard their first album... but Fables & Dreams was so awesome I haven't gotten bored of it yet. Done much in the style of Nightwish's Oceanborn, but with Century Child style production quality. Awesome work.
04.07.2006 - 05:18
DarkMistress
Written by LeDruide on 03.07.2006 at 12:02

Hey, what about Edenbridge ? Sabine has a really great voice and the Lanvall's compositions are so well balanced between the musical background and Sabine's voice. Their last album is really good.
From the bands listed, I like Epica, Within Temptation, Nightwish and Xandria.

Edenbridge is nice too
----
Wait in fire
04.07.2006 - 08:45
dagnytaggart
Account deleted
Lol, this poll makes me happy. I pretty much only listen to female fronted bands, it's just what appeals to me.
I voted for Nightwish because I think they're probably the best overall band. I love Tarja's voice, but I love the symphonic elements (the orchestral version of Ghost Love Score is fantastic) and they also work hard on the metal elements and have great guitar solos and drum and bass work. We'll have to see if I like them as much without Tarja...
I love a lot of the bands on there though. Theatre of Tragedy (with Liv, I just can't get into the new singer) were fantastic. They are the BnB band for me. Within Temptation have Sharon, who I love, and a great atmosphere to their music. Lacuna Coil's early stuff is more appealing to me than their later stuff, but even though Karmacode and even Comalies have lost some of the depth they used to have, they're still enjoyable, catchy albums. The Gathering are like femme metal grandparents. They've moved past the metal stuff, buy they're so innovative and solid - all of their albums appeal to me on some level. I like After Forever mostly for Floor, who's a great vocalist. Although it took a very long time, Remagine is really starting to grow on me, and I definitely don't miss the growls from the earlier albums. Epica are also remarkable only for the vocalist, Simone. I like her voice a lot, but the overwrought lyrics and grunts don't do much for me. I'm still pretty excited to see them live later this year though.
04.07.2006 - 10:35
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
from the above options I chose Theatre of tragedy cause Liv Kristin voice is amazing .

But I prefer Draconian singer.
04.07.2006 - 12:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Nightwish, don't know if they are the most original out of these bands but they are without doubt the best! Tuomas Holopainen could be the best song writer ever.
----
04.07.2006 - 13:15
Damned-In-Black
Other: Shiralee Morgan of Chalice. (Australian prog rock/folk/gothic metal band).

From the listed bands I would have gone with Nightwish, followed by the (new) Theatre of Tragedy vocalist.
05.07.2006 - 02:40
Metalguaska
Angela Gossow's voices kicks ass... i'm in love with that voice man...
----
Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea Hijueputa Gonorrea
05.07.2006 - 03:32
Daru Jericho
Sinergy, Tristania and Arch Enemy should definitely have been on that list!

But I choose other ~ Draconian (like Vaginal Disease), a band I have recently been introduced to. Lisa Johnson (I think) has such an amazingly strong and emotional voice. She lists Sharon from Within Temptatin as one of her influences but i think she has surpassed her. Draconain definitely gets my vote.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

05.07.2006 - 12:04
Samuel
Hamster wheel
And before i clicked this i thought nightwish would be owning everyone. but seems since when i used to come on here on a regular basis there are way less nightwish fans. I voted for After Forever =].

P.s Daru Jericho its funny your thing says hampster metal my little name is hampster wheel i think ivan did it
05.07.2006 - 12:38
Sunioj
I voted for Lacuna coil because Christinas voice is absolutely beautiful and she sings technically, very well, however I dont why everyone loves tarjas voice so much, her voice sounds lazy, like shes not using correct posture when shes singing IMO. Dunno, but if Tristania was here I'd vote for Vibeke.
05.07.2006 - 16:40
Ruines
Account deleted
Tengereken

Amazing, simple as that.
05.07.2006 - 18:14
Revenant
Account deleted
'Sinergy, Tristania and Arch Enemy should definitely have been on that list!' very true!

Tristania have the most atmosphere, Nightwish have the most Emotion. I prefer the darker less modern sounding bands to the happier poppier variety, I enjoy most of the genre still.
05.07.2006 - 19:14
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I voted for Nightwish, Tarja's voice is amazing, very powerful and the band is really original
But you forgot Tristania, Vibeke's voice is really powerful and beautiful and the band is really original, I haven't heard a band like them, very original, so, I'm between these 2 bands
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
05.07.2006 - 20:04
Aresius
Account deleted
hmm...none of the above...Fairyland kicks ass!
05.07.2006 - 21:05
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Other, because my favourite is the singer of Hungarian Folk/Gothic band Echo Of Dalriada... her voice is so beautiful and fresh, I'm in love with that girl and the band is awesome.
05.07.2006 - 21:09
VaginalDisease
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 05.07.2006 at 03:32

Sinergy, Tristania and Arch Enemy should definitely have been on that list!

But I choose other ~ Draconian (like Vaginal Disease), a band I have recently been introduced to. Lisa Johnson (I think) has such an amazingly strong and emotional voice. She lists Sharon from Within Temptatin as one of her influences but i think she has surpassed her. Draconain definitely gets my vote.

Haha arch enemy thats an intersting choise .. yeah she's really good at this.

And yeah about Lisa ... yeah she really is an amazing vocalist, very emotional and powerful. Going deep into your mind and heart!... especialy when I listened to the song ' akherousia ' that one really made me love her !