Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody - Renamed Rhapsody Of Fire

Due to copyright and trademark issues the band formerly known as Rhapsody has changed its name. The band members consider this a great new start, reflecting the emboldened and increasingly grandiose direction that their music has taken. "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before," says guitarist/songwriter Luca Turilli. Keyboardist/songwriter Alex Staropoli adds, "The name Rhapsody Of Fire better represents the energy that has always been present in this band and its music."

With a new record company in Magic Circle Music, a new tour planned and a new album on the way, Rhapsody Of Fire will continue to explore musical fantasy worlds with the precision musicianship and unique symphonic concepts that their fans have come to expect and adore. Fresh on the heels of the band's first live album release, Live In Canada 2005 - The Dark Secret, a new name and renewed vigor ensure that Rhapsody Of Fire still hold the passion and power that have always been associated with their music.

Source: rhapsodyoffire.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 14.07.2006 by wrathchild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   Visited by: 52 users
14.07.2006 - 21:33
danzig111
Account deleted
Copyright problems? like what?
14.07.2006 - 21:48
Alouqua
Account deleted
Oh... it will take sometime before I get used to the new name... it was really necessary?
14.07.2006 - 21:54
Stigmatized
Wow, their name went from lame to.....lamer.
14.07.2006 - 22:01
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I think the change is for the rhapsody software player, isn't? but i like the new name
14.07.2006 - 22:21
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
That's lame. People and their damn copyrights. Sometimes it's for good reason, but there are 10 billion people out there. Let a few have a band name.
----
The force will be with you, always.
14.07.2006 - 22:51
Stigmatized
Written by Vinnie R. on 14.07.2006 at 22:01

I think the change is for the rhapsody software player, isn't? but i like the new name

Wasn't the band around a lot longer than the player?
14.07.2006 - 22:56
Bitch Boy
Why didn't they rename the band as Mighty Rhapsody, instead??
14.07.2006 - 22:57
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Stigmatized on 14.07.2006 at 22:51

yeah, but i think it could be the problem, don't you think?
14.07.2006 - 23:00
Baz Anderson
Staff
i am going to have to change all my folder names and stuff now. haha
its going to be weird getting used to it...
14.07.2006 - 23:01
Stigmatized
Written by Vinnie R. on 14.07.2006 at 22:57

yeah, but i think it could be the problem, don't you think?

Well maybe, but if that was in fact the case, wouldn't Luca and the gang be entitled to the name?
14.07.2006 - 23:09
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
maybe, but i hope they still in the same line of music, with dreamquest luca mede me spend my money stupidly
14.07.2006 - 23:30
well i have no problen with the new name but as you say its goint to be weird get used to it
14.07.2006 - 23:37
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i liked the name Rhapsody, Rhapsody Of Fire sounds horrible though
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
14.07.2006 - 23:53
kaos666

Yes, but Mighty Rhapsody player can afford Mighty Lawyers, and they don't play for the King, the Land, and the Mountains.

Poor Rhapsody, forced to a crappy name and a crappy logo...are all their albums going to be reissued under the new name?
15.07.2006 - 02:14
Metalforos666
it's not a nice name!
rhapsody has nothing to do with -of fire
it's really unmatching
----
www.myspace.com/metalforos
15.07.2006 - 03:11
Talvi
WHY???
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
15.07.2006 - 04:51
Hyvaarin
Written by Bitch Boy on 14.07.2006 at 22:56

Why didn't they rename the band as Mighty Rhapsody, instead??

That would be the cheesiest possible name ever.

The new name's really cool, in a Rhapsody way. And I love Luca's quote
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
15.07.2006 - 04:57
Bitch Boy
Well, I only mentioned that name after the site address...
15.07.2006 - 05:35
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
Sigh. There are millions of cases like this. There are two Slayers for example. It does suck that something like this could happen. Will their logo be basically the same except have "Of Fire" on the end?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
15.07.2006 - 06:45
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Yeah, many bands have the same name and as far as I know there haven't been problems with that.
Anyways, it'll take some time to get used to this new name
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
15.07.2006 - 07:04
Fayde
Account deleted
Congratulations, Luca Turilli, you've officially outdone yourself as the corniest, lamest metal musician of all-time. Rhapsody of Fire just jumped into first place for the absolute worst metal band name ever. Changing the name itself was bad enough...but he has to go on to say "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before."

I don't know about anyone else, but the songs on my playlist are remaining under the band name of Rhapsody, I refuse to listen to a band named Rhapsody of Fire...wow.
15.07.2006 - 16:10
Dragonlord TG
Written by [user id=3948] on 15.07.2006 at 07:04

Congratulations, Luca Turilli, you've officially outdone yourself as the corniest, lamest metal musician of all-time. Rhapsody of Fire just jumped into first place for the absolute worst metal band name ever. Changing the name itself was bad enough...but he has to go on to say "The power of the dragonflame will burn brighter than ever before."

I don't know about anyone else, but the songs on my playlist are remaining under the band name of Rhapsody, I refuse to listen to a band named Rhapsody of Fire...wow.

What are the songs doing in you playlist anyway, if they are so lame? :

F***ing copyright, I just can't get used to the new name.
15.07.2006 - 16:53
kaos666
It is just so evil how the Rhapsody music player came about after the band and then force the one who had the copyright first to change thier name.
15.07.2006 - 17:04
King Antichrist
Account deleted
This is fucking stupid and ridiculous.
Uusually bands change their name early in their career, Rhapsody have been around for ages so why a name change after all these years?
Why to soemthing so lame as well?
I agree that Mighty Rhapsody would have sounded and suited better.
This is gay.
15.07.2006 - 17:16
Revenant
Account deleted
fine name if you ask me but Dreamquest is SO much better. Rhapsody of fire would be amazing if they took themselves a bit more seriosuly (to a sort of Blind guardian or Kamelot level, ie still epic and fantasy based). The whole cheesy DnD stuff is funny but it makes it hard to take the music seriously.
15.07.2006 - 18:39
AntaeusM
Elite
Hm, stupid to force a band to change its name. Rhapsody is so..typical Rhapsody. I don't know, but the name gave me a lot of memories, let me think about power metal. It is almost stealing a name from the power metal scene. Especially to think that the Real Rhapsody(that was the rumor, right?) player will only get more users because there is a band with the name Rhapsody. (Just think about the people who google the name). Sometimes people are just so amazingly stupid.

The new name, well, It doesn't feel right. That "of fire" is just crappy, but I am pretty sure not ANY other name would satisfy me. Rhapsody is Rhapsody, not Rhapsody of fire. Ah well, if they keep making good stuff then I don't mind, but it definitly killed an important name of the power metal scene.
15.07.2006 - 22:04
Pianoman
Account deleted
The name sounds fresh and great I don't know why are you reclaming?
15.07.2006 - 22:23
Milan
Account deleted
This is the first band that has changed their name in the midds of their career. Usually the bands change their names in the begining of their career, but Rhapsody did changed their name once. First it was known as Thundercross. This is the second time they rename their band.
15.07.2006 - 22:37
Jonathan Tweet
Account deleted
can't believe that stupid Rhapsody music player stole their name and made them give it up. Rhapsody of Fire is lousy. Sounds like an amateur band.
15.07.2006 - 22:59
norse steel
Account deleted
what is everybody whining about, they are still going to be awesome, who gives one shit about the name ov the band, it's just a name, it doesn't affect their music

Hits total: 7924 | This month: 14