Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
04.05.2007 - 02:29
Vanhellis
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.
----
04.05.2007 - 02:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Is this a joke? Iron Maiden hands down. Both have released bad albums, but Iron Maidens bad albums havnt been all that bad, no Iron Maiden albums are a waste of money, which is more than we can say about Metalica.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.05.2007 - 02:56
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
That's a hard one for me personally. Metallica was my first Metal band and helped me get into Metal. Iron Maiden has been one of my top favorite bands and their music is amazing. I'll have to go with Iron Maiden, since they are and have been a great band for so many years. Metallica, nowadays, not so much.
04.05.2007 - 10:42
iron brain
Account deleted
iron maiden is the best heavy metal band ever
04.05.2007 - 11:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does this tread are important IMO here are such simmilar treads , but ok
HOW CAN WE say whitch band are important? Its not posible say because its diferent styles bout play diferent type of music and bout are legendary bands whit huge fan base so ...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.05.2007 - 15:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
Iron Maiden of cause. I like only few Metallica's albums (maybe better to say songs) and I worship everything Iron Maiden released. They have some weaker albums but in generally all their albums are real masterpieces. They also have more albums, and what is more important more better albums. For me Iron Maiden wearkeer album is X - Factor and it is better than all MEtallica's 90's albums. They are also better musicians, Bruce is better vocalists, they have better live gigs... They beat Metallica in everything
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.05.2007 - 16:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Technically I am not sure, I don't like to compare two big bands as these who both have released a great bunch of album, it's just impossible to say which ones best, technically. But this time I go after my gut feeling, and my stomach tells me that I should vote for Metallica!
Why? First of all, no... and I really mean NO band in the whole world will ever mean so much for me as Metallica does. This band has canged me completely. Sure, Iron Maiden got me into Metal, but Metallica made me a true metalhead. I'm serious, without one single song I wouldn't be the same. That song is Master of Puppets, there will never ever exist such a fantastic composed song. Metallica made me understand that music can be so much more, something that goes beyond images and words (haha, yeah... great album). I get so damn emotional expressing my feelings for Metallica, they have helped me trough my darkest times in life, they have helped me carry on when I had it tough, they've made me into a better person, they've helped me become another person. Without them I would probably not be a member here, without them I would probably not be a metalhead.
So I thank thee Metallica!
----
04.05.2007 - 18:45
matthioso
Metallica all the way! They brought me into metal and I still like em the most
----
www.seedofrock.be
04.05.2007 - 20:15
Bitch Boy
My vote goes for my top favorite band Metallica. It was Metallica the band that got me into metal. I love most of their songs, For some people this maybe be a joke, a blasphemy, or whatever to Iron Maiden, but I still prefer Metallica even with their albums after "Metallica" (the black album) except "St. Anger". Iron Maiden for sure is a very good band too, but they don't mean as much for me as Metallica do.
04.05.2007 - 20:34
RavenLord
Maiden all the way. Maiden are still amazing in the present day, both in the studio and live, whereas Metallica became a bad joke with St. Anger...and there are no Maiden albums I hate, and I would rate their weakest, No Prayer/Fear of the Dark, higher than Re/Load, although they're good albums, too! But considering that most of Metallica's finest work was (how shall I put it tactfully) less than original, I'd go with Maiden any day.
----
06.05.2007 - 02:25
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I agree with K7, this thread really doesnt make sense because they really don't have much to do with eachother, they're not even a part of the same Subgenre.

But all the Same I voted. I'm a maiden man Myself. Iron Maiden Has better Live Shows, performs better, and still to this day writes good music. Metallica has released some legendary work, don't get me wrong. I mean, there's Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, Kill em All, and "....And Justice for all....." However maidens albums are just better. I would say My favorite Maiden album (Hard but I'd say either powerslave or Piece of Mind) is better than my favorite 'Tallica album (Ride the Lightning.) I'd say that maidens Worst Album (No prayer for the Dying?) is better than metallica's worst album (St. Anger Hands down.) and finally, I think I should finish by stating that I have the Bias of having maiden as My favorite Metal Band, So of course I will go in their Direction.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
06.05.2007 - 02:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This is really hard for me. Iron Maiden is without a doubt the most consistent band, but Metallica has Ride the Lightning. hmm....I think I might have to vote for Maiden, even though I'm not a huge fan of them.
06.05.2007 - 03:52
The Pharaon
Account deleted
Difficult choice.
I love very much Metallica, I think they give us really great music but Iron Maiden are the history, the legend
07.05.2007 - 02:14
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well Metallica was my first meta band... But Maiden is Maiden... I like them both a lot, and their styles are way different. But as The Pharaoh said... Iron Maiden is the legend, the history, THE band.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.05.2007 - 02:20
Nixx
Account deleted
I believe that Metallica has been as much an influence to heavier bands, as Iron Maiden have, (the 4 first albums).
But I dont know, like mentioned earlier (and I've discussed this question before), these 2 bands are so different, so I don't think it's a fair question.

My vote? sorry, didn't vote, and I won't
07.05.2007 - 02:22
Megadeth_Matt
Written by [user id=23604] on 04.05.2007 at 10:42

NOT THE BEST HEAVY METAL BAND EVER, close, but no
----
THE MAN
07.05.2007 - 02:52
Stigmatized
Iron Maiden. I enjoy Metallica's first four albums, but I enjoy most of Iron Maiden's discography.
07.05.2007 - 22:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Megadeth_Matt on 07.05.2007 at 02:22

Written by [user id=23604] on 04.05.2007 at 10:42

NOT THE BEST HEAVY METAL BAND EVER, close, but no

Well I agree whit you thay are in that cathegory 1-10 best no number but there are simmilar bands who kick ass simmilar
----

07.05.2007 - 22:54
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Both bands sound familiar to me... I swear I had heard of them both, somewhere.
07.05.2007 - 23:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=5080] on 07.05.2007 at 22:54

Both bands sound familiar to me... I swear I had heard of them both, somewhere.

Jajajajaj its good proove who are important of them
----

08.05.2007 - 00:14
Trifixion
Account deleted
Maiden for me no contest. I'm not a Metallica fan at all and Maiden are one of my favorite bands ever, one of the very few melodic bands I enjoy. Not to mention while Maiden aren't what they used to be, they certainly didn't fall as far as Metallica has. But they really are different so it's hard to compare them, but I like Maiden much more.
08.05.2007 - 14:27
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 04.05.2007 at 15:58

Iron Maiden of cause. I like only few Metallica's albums (maybe better to say songs) and I worship everything Iron Maiden released. They have some weaker albums but in generally all their albums are real masterpieces. They also have more albums, and what is more important more better albums. For me Iron Maiden wearkeer album is X - Factor and it is better than all MEtallica's 90's albums. They are also better musicians, Bruce is better vocalists, they have better live gigs... They beat Metallica in everything

You forgot something important! They have EDDIE!

Well, there are some people who would choose Maiden over anything else, and I'm simply ome of them .
Even though they play diffrent kind of metal, i dont think they are UNcomparable.
----
08.05.2007 - 14:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
metallica went downhill after the self-titled album, and it all hit the bottom with st. anger(to this day, the worst metal album i have heard), whereas iron maiden doesn't have any really bad albums, so maiden.
09.05.2007 - 03:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
iron maiden.

both were big in getting me into metal - Maiden in the mid 80's, and metallica got me into heavier stuff.

ultimately it comes down to the fact Metallica released two albums I really liked, Maiden released more. And I still listen to Maiden nowadays. I can't recall the last time I willingly popped in a Metallica cd. I don't think I've listened to one since Lars went on his anti-Napster jihad years ago.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.05.2007 - 09:16
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Oh no! Not another "Lasagna vs Pizza" thread. They are slightly old-fashioned and overwhelmingly useless. Threads like this one encourage Metalstormers to publish useless spam like:

- "iron maiden is the best heavy metal band ever"
- "(quote) iron maiden is the best heavy metal band ever" - "NOT THE BEST HEAVY METAL BAND EVER, close, but no"
- "Metallica all the way! They brought me into metal and I still like em the most"

... and so on. Almost every metalhead is either a Metallica fan (like me), an Iron Maiden fan or both, such that this thread is not turning into an interesting discussion but a football match where everyone is going to push for his/her favourite team, which, as K7 correctly pointed out, is going to be a nightmare considering the huge Iron Maiden and Metallica fanbase out there. Please stop creating more useless threads.
10.05.2007 - 11:51
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
I have never been a fan of Metallica - i like some stuff of Black Album , Load and Re-Load , but im more of a Heavy Metal dude than Thrash fan , so - Iron Maiden , hell fucking yeah - no doubt about it...
10.05.2007 - 14:08
arwestromen
this is an easy one...Maiden of course
they got it all
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
11.05.2007 - 02:41
Powerslave16
Account deleted
I chose Iron Maiden.

Metallica may have released almost inarguable the greatest album of the 80's, but Iron Maiden was the most consistent band of the 80's. Metallica couldn't write a thing in the mid-nineties. Sure, Maiden lost their way a little, but they returned strong in 2000 and have never let up since. Metallica had 2 truly masterful albums, perhaps 3, but Iron Maiden have released at least 5, and the majority of the others are solid.

So its Iron Maiden.

All the way.
11.05.2007 - 18:00
BrunoFolk
Account deleted
up' the irons \..\_:dshy:
11.05.2007 - 19:10
RavenLord
At this point in time, I would like to point out that some of Metallica's best songs were written by people outside the band, like;

Four Horsemen
Phantom Lord
Ride the Lightning
Call of Ktulu
Creeping Death
Trapped Under Ice
Leper Messiah

and more (some ones off Kill 'Em All that I couldn't be bothered looking up). Maiden have, as far as I know, two songs that borrow from other artists; the 'catch my soul, it's willing to fly away' line in Hallowed Be Thy Name is borrowed from a Beckett song, and the synthesised orchestral interlude in The Nomad is borrowed from another Beckett song. Just a penny for your thoughts.
----