Metal Storm logo
Ershetu - Second Full-Length Detailed

Cinematic black metal project Ershetu proudly announce their second full-length offering, Yomi. The latter explores the death folklore of Japanese Shinto in six powerful compositions, and will be released on November 8th via Debemur Morti Productions. The album features Vindsval (Blut Aus Nord) on lead vocals, bass and additional guitars. Recording and mixing was handled by Vindsval at Earthsound Studio. Mastered by Bruno Varea at Upload-Studio. The album's first single and opening track, "Ketsurui", is available for streaming with accompanying video clip.

Composer Sacr shares insights into the conceptual background of Yomi:

"Void and I love Japanese culture, especially for its history, mythology, Buddhism and, of course, its sounds. This country is fascinating because of its high-tech side and its attachment to ancestral customs. It was a completely natural choice for us. There are no similarities between "Xibalba and Yomi because this time, we are addressing death linked to a religion that is still practiced by more than 90 million people today. The Mayans were a civilization. The approach is therefore different – from my point of view."

Video by David Tomanek

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ershetu
Posted: 19.09.2024 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 17 users
19.09.2024 - 13:20
skelator
Good news, I love their first album
----
Best Metal Albums of 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9jaZJRBeBw

Best Metal Demos: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtsgSQjV44
19.09.2024 - 19:08
F3ynman
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Sounds like a cool concept! Looking forward to it
19.09.2024 - 19:46
musclassia
Staff
I'm fascinated to see how this project evolves if they're able to pump out albums with this level of frequency; Xibalba was a great song, but just from this new track it's clear that they're committing to the different regions and religions they're theming around

I assumed with no Lazare and with Vindsval doing lead vocals that it would be extreme-only, since I've not heard him sing before (I don't follow BaN closely enough to know if he's ever done it there), but there's some eerie cleans hidden away in this, so will be interesting to hear more of that

Hits total: 622 | This month: 622