Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
20.06.2007 - 00:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Warlock:
The fact you say Megadeth is a knock off is so utterly....empty headed, you do know that Dave Mustaine helped write early Metallica right? when an artist writes music, it tends to have a similar sound to his/her previously written material, therefore the word KNOCK OFF IS NOT A VALID ARGUMENT!!!!

and as far as stupid/corny/unoriginal, Im pretty sure there was more thought put into Megadeth lyrics than Metallicas, wait who am I kidding? Unforgiven II is a totally original song....:nono:
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.06.2007 - 03:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Warlock - Just because Dave decided to be in a thrash band does not make Megadeth a knock off. Would you have been happier if he created a death metal band?
26.06.2007 - 08:36
Eternal Flame
Account deleted
Trendy Metallica.. Metallisucks
28.06.2007 - 17:40
Slayertplsko
Account deleted
I voted Megadeth cuz I never really liked Metallica. And coz of im a guitarist i tend to like megadeth more since they have had much better guitarists in band than Hammet is!!(as an example - friedman, pitrelli)...also i like the vocal part more(i know many of you hate dave...but thats everyones personal thing)...with megadeth played also session drummer vinnie colaiuta(who would easily beat that average garage drummer ulrich)...the only honorable player in metallica imho was cliff lee burton...i hate hammets guitar, hes just an average player, what more to say,....Megadeth is imho much better
05.07.2007 - 00:22
Varegan
Hamranakara
I thing both are the best trash metal bands but some times really dont respect his fan.I think both are good
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
05.07.2007 - 20:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, it seems like the tie will never stop!
----
05.07.2007 - 20:43
Basso
Account deleted
Megadeth gets my vote... and Megadeth wins..
06.07.2007 - 13:00
behrad_thrash
Account deleted
metallica win.by my vote...(129)
06.07.2007 - 13:05
behrad_thrash
Account deleted
but i like both of them(metallica and megadeth)
15.07.2007 - 02:27
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
metallica sucks comparing to megadeth!!!!!
and Dave mustaine was on their firsts albums and when he left they tried to have the same mustaine sound and James tries to have the same Mustaine stance as a vocalist...and mustaine wrote some ass kicker songs in the firsts metallica's albums
15.07.2007 - 12:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=24908] on 15.07.2007 at 02:27

...and Dave mustaine was on their firsts albums...

Huh? Mustaine ONLY played on the demos, he never played on a Metallica album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2007 - 19:51
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Though Megadeth is straight descendant of Metallica, my vote goes for Megadeth cos i prefer thrash over traditions
15.07.2007 - 21:19
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Megadeth. Better riffs, solos, they don't get repetitive like Metallica does, and at least they are putting out decent music nowadays.
15.07.2007 - 21:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=24776] on 15.07.2007 at 19:51

Though Megadeth is straight descendant of Metallica, my vote goes for Megadeth cos i prefer thrash over traditions

Not exactly a descendant. More of an offspring/spin-off type thing.

......and also MEGADETH WITH THE LEAD THATS RIGHT B*TCHES!!!!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.07.2007 - 23:19
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2007 at 12:20

no man, actaully Mustaine wrote good songs such as:
"Jump In The Fire" and "The 4 horse men" form the album " Kill 'em Alll"

and in the Album "Ride the lightning" he compossed: "Ride the lightning" and "Call of Kthulu"

and if u hear parts of "Lepper mesiah" and then u hear parts of "Ride the lightning" they have same tabs man...and thats not original

and comparing that nowadays metallica makes shitty music with monotone sound and repetive tabs.
and megadeth keeps their inspiration growing...while metallica is just making stupid documentals about their history showing how their fucking their little sence of music up!
16.07.2007 - 07:11
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Mustaine also introduced and possibly invented the Spider Crawl Technique widely used in Metal
16.07.2007 - 10:52
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 15.07.2007 at 21:31

Written by [user id=24776] on 15.07.2007 at 19:51

Not exactly a descendant. More of an offspring/spin-off type thing.

......and also MEGADETH WITH THE LEAD THATS RIGHT B*TCHES!!!!

Okay i agree with that , maybe the descendant isn't the right word to choose, but there wouldn't been megadeth without metallica. And to be honest , i don't listen neither one of 'em
17.07.2007 - 16:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=24908] on 15.07.2007 at 23:19

and in the Album "Ride the lightning" he compossed: "Ride the lightning" and "Call of Kthulu"

and if u hear parts of "Lepper mesiah" and then u hear parts of "Ride the lightning" they have same tabs man...and thats not original

and comparing that nowadays metallica makes shitty music with monotone sound and repetive tabs.
and megadeth keeps their inspiration growing...while metallica is just making stupid documentals about their history showing how their fucking their little sence of music up!

I didn't say he didn't co-wrote songs, because he did. I am just saying he doesn't PLAY on the early metallica albums.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.07.2007 - 16:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mustaine was in fiew Metallica gigs and he was kick out of band soemwhere near New York and replaced by Kirk Hammet and Kirks firts shows was live whit Metallica in NY
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.07.2007 - 23:10
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2007 at 16:47

Mustaine was in fiew Metallica gigs and he was kick out of band soemwhere near New York and replaced by Kirk Hammet and Kirks firts shows was live whit Metallica in NY

It is said that he was kicked out for being alcoholic but im not sure about that
17.07.2007 - 23:12
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.07.2007 at 16:42

Written by [user id=24908] on 15.07.2007 at 23:19

I didn't say he didn't co-wrote songs, because he did. I am just saying he doesn't PLAY on the early metallica albums.

well if he was or either wasn't playing on the albums Mustaine was a big support in the band and when he got kicked out the band wasn't the same and didn't have the same or a better sound
17.07.2007 - 23:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=24908] on 17.07.2007 at 23:10

It is said that he was kicked out for being alcoholic but im not sure about that

Yes he was drunk when thay kick him out he say something or done, dont remeber but he was drinking heavy use heroin and cocain too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.07.2007 - 01:06
Dark Tormentor
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2007 at 23:14

Written by [user id=24908] on 17.07.2007 at 23:10

Yes he was drunk when thay kick him out he say something or done, dont remeber but he was drinking heavy use heroin and cocain too

I just knew he was drunk...but that he was highed doesn't surprise me at all! lol:drunk:
18.07.2007 - 14:03
Infurnace
I never really understood why Metallica is that good. I mean, I like all the old records up to "The Black Album", but i've always enjoyed Megadeth more than I enjoy Metallica. I don't think Metallica is that bad, don't get me wrong, but I just enjoy Megadeth more, cause of their catchy songs, and I like Megadeth's older stuff a lot more.
05.09.2007 - 04:52
Nyhus
Account deleted
Megadeth owns metallica any day of the week in my eyes.
05.09.2007 - 05:40
Chaosgoat
Shit. I axedently voted Metallica. Megadeth is way better. They had Marty Freidman. and Dave has an awesome voice and writes great songs. Also in my oppinion Megedeth has no bad albums. Metallica on the other hand has four good albums and nothing else.
05.09.2007 - 14:20
Inlé
Although Metallica (early stuff luckily!) was one of my gateway into metal bands, I reckon Megadeth beats them overall.I think both are pretty bad nowadays though, with their newer albums Megadeth only win because Metallicas Load and onwards are literally less then 4/10 albums (IMO)

If you focus on the 80's releases I reckon it's pretty much a level peg. I prefer Megadeth in terms of albums but they only really have a few standout songs, whereas from this period Metallica made some awesome standalone tracks.

I don't go anymore into it than that, I couldn't care less about the "feud" to be honest, haha. And there are a lot of less recognised thrash bands who I think are superior to both anyway, I don't really dwell on the "big Four" much at all to be honest. But yes, Megadeth, mainly because of the last 18 years for Metallica, which have ranged from "meh" to "appalling"
06.09.2007 - 23:54
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=4364] on 18.04.2007 at 03:07

Written by APOHAKC on 08.04.2007 at 16:15

Why am I only person in whole Serbia to like Megadeth more????

you are not only one that is a fact

comparison is a bit unclear it should be in about early fork of both bands otherwise Megadeth is clear winer and I was not clear enough either I preferred Megadeth over Metallica in their earlier stages as well..

LOL, Im with you guys, theres no doubt when it comes to this, Ive always said that Im happy they kicked Mustaine from Metallica, because if they didnt, there probably wouldnt be Megadeth!!!
----
07.09.2007 - 09:50
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Nighthowls on 16.07.2007 at 07:11

Mustaine also introduced and possibly invented the Spider Crawl Technique widely used in Metal

Spider Crawl Technique??? Why have I not heard of this b4? What is it?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
07.09.2007 - 14:28
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Well, Megadeth is an absolute zero without Marty Friedman. Although, it seems that their disco runs out of strength after "Cryptic Writings". United Abominations is nothing compared to Rust In Peace, just the same thing when we compare "St Anger" to "Ride The lightning". From personal taste, I think that Megadeth and Metallica are pretty much the same band, of course Dave's vocals won't never reach the high level of James Hetfield and that's exactly why Metallica beats Megadeth. So I vote for Metallica. (Between us, I'm not a fan of Metallica )