Metal Storm logo
Dean guitars

18.02.2008 - 17:56
Soliloquy
just wondering what your thoughts on dean guitars is. i've been looking into em recently, and to me, they seem to be coming up more and more, and i wont be surprised if they soon become the 'go to' metal guitar company. but unlike other guitar companies like BC RICH, dean is also releasing tons of other non-metal guitars like soltero(a les paul type guitar), they have a vintage v aready and bunch of other guitars.

their guitars get great reviews, their price, depends on where you get em from, are fairly cheap too. but their price varies from city to city from country to country.

apparently their time capsule guitars are considered to be one of the greates guitars in the industry. not even in their genre, but in the industry as a whole. and that isnt my opinion. found that on countless sources.

and on top of that, as of late, they are getting great rosters to sign up with them too. so far, they have these:
megadeth
leslie west
shenker brothers
trivium(like em or hate em...thats a different story)
jerry cantrell
trent reznor
dimebag obviously
angelo batio
rusty cooley
vinnie moore
Chris caffery of savatage, trans-siberian orchestra
cannibal corpse
helloween
Nile
saliva
john 5 of rob zombie
GWAR(well...i think they're more of a joke...)

and tons and tons of others

so...what are your thoughts on em?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
23.02.2008 - 18:44
Remus
Dean guitars are quite expensive over here. A friend of mine got a razor-back, you know the one with the razor-blade on the fret board(quite emo, actually :-) ), and he payed about 1100 euros for it, which is quite a lot in my opinion.

The design, by itself, doesn't look like much, but when placed next to a BC Rich, well, it totally upstages the "Warlock". It definately has presence!

Soundwise it's pretty good, but then, every guitar worth 1100 euros should sound good.

Me being a wanna-be guitarist, i tried to play it, but couldn't place it on my lap, so i gave up on that ideea. If you use a strap it's pretty cool, but otherwise it's very uncomfortble to play on.

So there's a drummer's opinion on the razorback!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
24.02.2008 - 02:55
Soliloquy
well, both ml's and razors are designed to sit with both classical and casual position. so if one doesnt work, then the other will.

as for the razorblade, well, there are a few guitars that are razors, and not, and have those on the 12th fret. emoish, i guess...but thats dimebag himself. i believe he even wore a blade around his neck

as for the razorblades look...well, i personally am not so much into it myself. and their shape is something thats very hard to pull off without looking like a poser. it suits very few people both personality and look wise. as for me, i'm kinda shifting away from pointy things. they are boring me, and they chip WAY too easily...so not really for me

i'm thinking of grabbing some sort of dean V. maybe a 79, or a select, or better yet, a blue burst. they're hard to come by. and yeah, they are quite expensive. but i dont live all too far away from the US border, so i can always smuggle one over.
----

-Zakk Wylde
27.02.2008 - 12:54
Varegan
Hamranakara
Markus Stock from The Vision Bleak uses the same guitars.I love his songs
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

27.02.2008 - 13:56
Alex Smith
Quote:
...Me being a wanna-be guitarist, i tried to play it, but couldn't place it on my lap, so i gave up on that ideea. If you use a strap it's pretty cool, but otherwise it's very uncomfortble to play on...

Actually, e-guitar is not designed to be played on lap... Dean guitars are good, but I prefer Fender Stratocaster and Ibanez guitars - I think, these two are the best for Heavy Metal.
06.03.2008 - 21:45
Soliloquy
i may be getting an ML AND a V in the near future.

by 'near' i mean sometime next summer i may get either one, and then a lil later get the other one...
----

-Zakk Wylde
29.07.2009 - 06:08
Alkaline
I want the ML or the MLX black obviously
30.07.2009 - 05:08
Got Mayhem?
As a general rule never buy a Dean guitar with Dime's name on it. The quality control is absolute shit on those, Dean Z left his own company because QC got so bad. I would also never buy a low end Dean. You would be much better off getting a Schecter or LTD.

As with any guitar company the high end USA and custom shops are great guitars but at the same time you could buy a custom Carvin for a fraction of the cost.
----
23.11.2009 - 17:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Considering getting a Dean VX(or a Michael Schenker if it's not a lot more expensive) as my next guitar, i got a list of about 103 guitar models i'm considering to get but the VX is pretty high on my preferences. if i do get one, i'm gonna install some badass GFS pickups in it and the bitch is gonna be ready to scream metal.
02.12.2009 - 17:27
Angel Of Mercy
I'm considering buying a Vendetta 7 string as my next instrument. Any advice on those?
----
Your time will come.