Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
18.04.2008 - 12:24
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 18.04.2008 at 12:09

Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2008 at 12:02

Written by Doc G. on 18.04.2008 at 11:49

Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2008 at 10:38

Written by SlaytallicA on 07.04.2008 at 21:34

In Ourdays I prefer Megadeth, MetallicA just want money!

metallica-cause if they want money its not a mistake plus i dont think they need money ! who doesnt work for money ? just Maniacs . yes the have started for money and they find it but a lot of bands wanted and didnt get it cause they didnt deserve it . JEALOUS . metallica didnt play with make-up ever.they didnt wrote funny devilish songs. u know its not for only 15 , 16 years old wet boys.

What would you calling suing fans then? And no make-up? What the hell is Lars wearing around his eyes in this video then (I think Kirk is too):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtszXnG11E&feature=related

so u r here to say that metallica did make-up at Until It Sleeps yeah? ok they did but i dont think its commercial they would do it at that song lol. i dont know why u r tryin to say but i u want to see a whoredom at a music video u have to look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHz8ms1TerU

Ok, that made little sense, but I'll give this a shot. Im not anti-make-up (I listen to glam rock for fuck sakes), its that I remember watching an early interview with Metallica and they were made fun of any guys who wear make up saying its gay, and then they think its edgy by when they do it. What the hell does what ever you said about commercial have to do with anything? And how is that Iron Maiden video relevant at all?

i didnt like to make maiden low to take metallica up! but unfortunately everywhere i see that ppl trying to say that metallica is bad metallica is nothin and .... u know if i was james what would i say to these guys?
so worse than just a gay!!. do u know why ? cause all of them interfure metallica so they have to answer them but in mhy opinion they didnt do it really good.
i remember that in 40 least metal show at vh1 which was a funny program they said that : "james liked "avril lavigne's" singing for their fule song and its so unmetal". who th fuck is "Dee Snider" to be a metal expert? yes i say he is gay.
u think what james had to say at that time? james had to say that i hate AVRIL !!!!!! but its not unmetal that bruce acts like a girl at "Holy Smoke" ?
18.04.2008 - 14:40
MorbidGod
Account deleted
no offence ppl....for me metallica owns... i'd rather screw up my head listening to metallica rather than tying the robe around my neck fkn listening to megadeth...i know both of them r schoolz themselves...both ov the two have his own glorious history...
i got sick n tired tracing n waiting for sumthin redeemful both bands could release!!!"2 be honest"
18.04.2008 - 15:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Today I would technically say Megadeth but considering the importance and impact Metallica has had on me and their superiour live performances, they still deserves my vote.
----
19.04.2008 - 01:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2008 at 12:24

metallica-cause if they want money its not a mistake plus i dont think they need money ! who doesnt work for money ? just Maniacs . yes the have started for money and they find it but a lot of bands wanted and didnt get it cause they didnt deserve it . JEALOUS . metallica didnt play with make-up ever.they didnt wrote funny devilish songs. u know its not for only 15 , 16 years old wet boys.

What would you calling suing fans then? And no make-up? What the hell is Lars wearing around his eyes in this video then (I think Kirk is too):

so u r here to say that metallica did make-up at Until It Sleeps yeah? ok they did but i dont think its commercial they would do it at that song lol. i dont know why u r tryin to say but i u want to see a whoredom at a music video u have to look at this:

Ok, that made little sense, but I'll give this a shot. Im not anti-make-up (I listen to glam rock for fuck sakes), its that I remember watching an early interview with Metallica and they were made fun of any guys who wear make up saying its gay, and then they think its edgy by when they do it. What the hell does what ever you said about commercial have to do with anything? And how is that Iron Maiden video relevant at all?

i didnt like to make maiden low to take metallica up! but unfortunately everywhere i see that ppl trying to say that metallica is bad metallica is nothin and .... u know if i was james what would i say to these guys?
so worse than just a gay!!. do u know why ? cause all of them interfure metallica so they have to answer them but in mhy opinion they didnt do it really good.
i remember that in 40 least metal show at vh1 which was a funny program they said that : "james liked "avril lavigne's" singing for their fule song and its so unmetal". who th fuck is "Dee Snider" to be a metal expert? yes i say he is gay.
u think what james had to say at that time? james had to say that i hate AVRIL !!!!!! but its not unmetal that bruce acts like a girl at "Holy Smoke" ?

In case you couldnt tell, that Maiden video wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I would argue the rest but that post made no sense. Other than you calling Dee Snider gay, which is also pretty funny.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.04.2008 - 09:56
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 19.04.2008 at 01:25

In case you couldnt tell, that Maiden video wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I would argue the rest but that post made no sense. Other than you calling Dee Snider gay, which is also pretty funny.

i dont like to say anything about a band that im not its fan but when someone who isnt tallica's fan and tryin to DESTROY their personality i cant take it. u know metallica is the MAN i dont care about what bruce did in videos in concerts or ...... .
about dee snider and friends at metal expert (VH1) i can say that they r all gays to say that Lemmy is unmetal !!!!!!!!! who the fuck r they to say that? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have said that "cause metallica cut their heads,so they r unmetal!!!!!!!!! bruce didnt do it ? so the hair is all metal itself YEAH!!!!! do u know why they said this cause a lot of them was called HAIR METAL as DEEEEEEE Snider. did u ever see ozzy osbourne or dio or tony say somthin funny like this ? they rnt expert? dee snider is expert?
these guys at vh1 r really sick.(if i dont want to say gayss)
20.04.2008 - 00:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 19.04.2008 at 09:56

i dont like to say anything about a band that im not its fan but when someone who isnt tallica's fan and tryin to DESTROY their personality i cant take it. u know metallica is the MAN i dont care about what bruce did in videos in concerts or ...... .
about dee snider and friends at metal expert (VH1) i can say that they r all gays to say that Lemmy is unmetal !!!!!!!!! who the fuck r they to say that? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have said that "cause metallica cut their heads,so they r unmetal!!!!!!!!! bruce didnt do it ? so the hair is all metal itself YEAH!!!!! do u know why they said this cause a lot of them was called HAIR METAL as DEEEEEEE Snider. did u ever see ozzy osbourne or dio or tony say somthin funny like this ? they rnt expert? dee snider is expert?

U r hav teh best not argue real. Its got nothing to do with cutting their hair, its got to do with them being hypocrites "Make-up is gay" then they wear make-up. Claiming theyre never going to cut their hair, then they do it. Not only that, but most importantly....THEIR MUSIC IS SHIT NOW! You seemed to have created these arguments in your own head. The rest of what you said once again made no sense.
----
- George Carlin
20.04.2008 - 09:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 20.04.2008 at 00:21

Written by [user id=31891] on 19.04.2008 at 09:56

U r hav teh best not argue real. Its got nothing to do with cutting their hair, its got to do with them being hypocrites "Make-up is gay" then they wear make-up. Claiming theyre never going to cut their hair, then they do it. Not only that, but most importantly....THEIR MUSIC IS SHIT NOW! You seemed to have created these arguments in your own head. The rest of what you said once again made no sense.

im not metallica's lawyer here. i like their music and as i remember they didnt interfure other bands as they did to metallica. i think u didnt get their words about GAY.it was a REACTION to JEALOUS's and PRIER's,i think now u get it huh?

first u have to look at 40 least metal to know that they r really gays.
20.04.2008 - 09:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 20.04.2008 at 09:52

im not metallica's lawyer here. i like their music and as i remember they didnt interfure other bands as they did to metallica. i think u didnt get their words about GAY.it was a REACTION to JEALOUS's and PRIER's,i think now u get it huh?

I have no clue what your trying to say here. Leaving the glam rock aside, Metallica were still hypocrites, and their music today has gone completely downhill to say the least. I dont get what your talking about with this gay talk.
----
- George Carlin
20.04.2008 - 10:10
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 20.04.2008 at 09:59

Written by [user id=31891] on 20.04.2008 at 09:52

I have no clue what your trying to say here. Leaving the glam rock aside, Metallica were still hypocrites, and their music today has gone completely downhill to say the least. I dont get what your talking about with this gay talk.

take it easy. everyone has a taste and thats all. i dont care about gays i like evern Rob Halford. i like even JAMEZ HETFIELD i dont care what did he said and to be honest i dont know why did he said! and i dont need to change ur mind about metallica and u dont need to change my mind.but if metallica is not what it was,its normal for me. for me if metallica wasnt born now i wasnt a metalhead cause i started to listen to metal with them.and i dont like to betray them as others. i cant forget my past. i cant forget the most important of the past.i cant forget.
25.04.2008 - 09:32
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
You Guys are taing this seriously!

But for me, Megadeth is beter, the megadeth's story reminds me to what i0m living today in a thrash metal band, i'm gonna be kecked out, but then will come my vengeance! Mustaine teach us never give up the dreams, that's why megadeth is better. And technically is so far from what kirk hammet vs marty friedman (Just to mention one of the megadeth's greatest guitarists) or Mustaine himself.
27.04.2008 - 02:45
4death4
megadeth is good but metallica is unreachable.
27.04.2008 - 09:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by 4death4 on 27.04.2008 at 02:45

Megadeath recah metallica in 1993 hit Youthonesia album, but thay fall to , but not so low how Metallica
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.04.2008 - 11:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Bad English on 27.04.2008 at 09:42

Written by 4death4 on 27.04.2008 at 02:45

Megadeath recah metallica in 1993 hit Youthonesia album, but thay fall to , but not so low how Metallica

you are right K7. and Metallica can't reach Megadeth since 1993...
27.04.2008 - 23:58
iMorphball
Megadeth has been better since 1990, when they released Rust in Peace. Then after that Metallica just got bad 'till they became udder shit. I get my facts from the fact that Megadeth really only has one bad album and that is risk.
St. Anger being called the worst metal album ever, is just to much of a gap.
Megadeth is obviously better because United Abominations is actually good.
28.04.2008 - 02:56
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by iMorphball on 27.04.2008 at 23:58

Megadeth has been better since 1990, when they released Rust in Peace. Then after that Metallica just got bad 'till they became udder shit. I get my facts from the fact that Megadeth really only has one bad album and that is risk.
St. Anger being called the worst metal album ever, is just to much of a gap.
Megadeth is obviously better because United Abominations is actually good.

Honestly I dont think St Anger is the worst album of all time (Krypteria's Liberatio is XD) it is just the most disappointing one. Perhaps because everyone was eagerly awaiting for a new album after so many fucking years.

Anyways, I do like Megadeth better because they just have better albums overall.
(btw reading a few posts above; am I the only one who didnt hate the cover of Fuel?)
----
28.04.2008 - 16:13
IllNiñoSweden
Very hard poll question. But I vote for Megadeth. Because Megadeth has very good riffs in the songs. But I like the vocals voice, he has very cool voice. But Metalica are really good too.
29.04.2008 - 11:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I'm not into Megadeth, but I have listened to Rust in Peace a couple of times, which is a good album, no shit, but... if this is their best work than I must just say that Metallica is way better. Plus, James's vocals is much better than Dave's...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
01.05.2008 - 07:54
Neccy60
Account deleted
Megadeth ftw. Metallica is the more influential and popular of the two bands. However...while Metallica had a much better output than Megadeth in the 80s (Master of Puppets/Ride The Lightning/...And Justice For All>>>>>>>>anything Megadeth in 80s), in the 90s, the two switched positions, at least sorta: Megadeth released Rust In Peace, one of the greatest metal albums ever and my fav among thrash metal, then released Countdown to Extinction and Youthansia, both being good on their own, while Metallica made a sub-par Black Album and sold out, as we all know. then both went through s*** albums for the rest of the 90s. However, the deciding factort was this decade. Megadeth has Gigantour,by which they tour with fellow respectable bands like Dream Theater, Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Opeth, and so on, and has released albums recently that are least decent, while Metallica released St. Anger, of which no words need be spoken.

So...Megadeth for the win.
01.05.2008 - 16:51
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
ppl who vote for megadeth all know in their heart that its cause of their anger for metallica and sympathy for megadeth. why u all like to lie? hehe
if there wasnt a metallica u never knew about megadeth. megadeth is metallica's child.
how many metalhead's do u know that megadeth is theris first band?
here at least half of the megadeth votes r from who hates metallica,no they r not megadeth lovers!
the funniest thing is that i see someone who forgot about metallica's black album! r u kiddin me?
first i have to say that Black Album is a really extreme metal album. second : if someone asks me that name the most influential albums of metal. i will answer 1.Master Of Puppets. 2.Number Of The Beast 3.The Black Album ..............

BUT I WILL NEVER CAUNT ONE OF MEGADETH'S ALBUMS. and noeone will do it i think.
02.05.2008 - 02:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Black Album bahahaha. I don't see anything that groundbreaking from that album, it just has catchy riffs, which is the reason its famous and its their most commercially successful album. As far as Megadeth being Metallicas child, thats laughable too, considering Dave wrote a lot of the first album and some of the second. As for the rest of what your saying, it makes no sense, what I understood of that garbbled post is that you think the only reason people are voting for Megadeth is because they hate Metallica? Well I'm sure there is many people out there like myself who started listening to Megadeth long before Metallica. Megadeth is one of the first metal bands I got into, and aside from the black album I only started listening to Metallica about a year ago, only the first 2 albums at that, and even thought they are great I'll still take almost every Megadeth album above those ones.

Quote:

Yes, because the reason Megadeth is winning the poll is a big conspiracy.
----
- George Carlin
02.05.2008 - 07:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=31891] on 01.05.2008 at 16:51

ppl who vote for megadeth all know in their heart that its cause of their anger for metallica and sympathy for megadeth. why u all like to lie? hehe
if there wasnt a metallica u never knew about megadeth. megadeth is metallica's child.
here at least half of the megadeth votes r from who hates metallica,no they r not megadeth lovers!
the funniest thing is that i see someone who forgot about metallica's black album! r u kiddin me?
first i have to say that Black Album is a really extreme metal album. second : if someone asks me that name the most influential albums of metal. i will answer 1.Master Of Puppets. 2.Number Of The Beast 3.The Black Album ..............

Wow, you really need to learn how to spell. Just a heads up, it's spelled "Count" not "Caunt" dude....

Second of all, I vote megadeth not because I neceserrily harbor any anger for Metallica, but because I have made a real and concious decision that Megadeth is My prefered band. Both bands have made bad albums and gone through a sellout phase. I mean, sure, Megadeth has long since redeemed themselves, and metallica is still in a phase of pathetic comercialistic recycled sounds. But the bottom line is, I love old Metallica, I just think Megadeth is more unique. Mustaine's Rhythms are more origional than Hetfields, they have more progressive qualities in their music, their lyrics are more creative, their basslines are better (no offense to Cliff Burton fans but, I take Dave Ellifson over him any day) Their solo's are better, and they help embody the spirit of true thrash. Now, this is all just a matter of opinion, but this is truly how I feel, and these are the reasons why I feel that Megadeth was more worthy of my vote.

Also, the black album is far less "Extreme" than other metallica albums. Do you even know what extreme music is?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
02.05.2008 - 12:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 02.05.2008 at 07:28

Wow, you really need to learn how to spell. Just a heads up, it's spelled "Count" not "Caunt" dude....

Second of all, I vote megadeth not because I neceserrily harbor any anger for Metallica, but because I have made a real and concious decision that Megadeth is My prefered band. Both bands have made bad albums and gone through a sellout phase. I mean, sure, Megadeth has long since redeemed themselves, and metallica is still in a phase of pathetic comercialistic recycled sounds. But the bottom line is, I love old Metallica, I just think Megadeth is more unique. Mustaine's Rhythms are more origional than Hetfields, they have more progressive qualities in their music, their lyrics are more creative, their basslines are better (no offense to Cliff Burton fans but, I take Dave Ellifson over him any day) Their solo's are better, and they help embody the spirit of true thrash. Now, this is all just a matter of opinion, but this is truly how I feel, and these are the reasons why I feel that Megadeth was more worthy of my vote.

Also, the black album is far less "Extreme" than other metallica albums. Do you even know what extreme music is?

i dont need u to tell me what is extreme or .... . u better go to school and learn more things kid. u have to learn more politesse. for more information i have to say that i dont think u classify what is extreme or not
and at the end i have to say that if i have wrong dictation its nothin to make u happy lol. cause i know if u want to write spanish u will suck. again for more information i have to say that i suck in english and i dont care about it cause its nothin again. but yeah i know what is morality.
02.05.2008 - 18:56
Damnated
Churchburner
riiiiiight.

re-listened some Megadeth this week. made me realize, once again, how good this band is.
there's no question to it that Megadeth is way better than Metallica. who cares about the rivalry of the two bands? back than when i was in 7th grade i didn't knew about what happened between James and Dave. i knew that Megadeth sounded better. they were more consistent, while Metallica has genius sparks but low in number.
Metallica has 3 good albums, Megadeth 6. And i didn't even check out their post A world needs a hero albums, but i'm sure they sound better than St. Anger.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

02.05.2008 - 23:18
ILoveSkidRow.♥
Account deleted
Both bands had their good and bad things, their ages, their albums, that it's quite clear.. But I think Megadeth is much better than Metallica! I love Megadeth! I prefer Megadeth! And yes, I know lots of metalheads who have Megadeth as their first band.. So shhhh .. Mustaine = God!
03.05.2008 - 03:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 02.05.2008 at 12:09

i dont need u to tell me what is extreme or .... . u better go to school and learn more things kid. u have to learn more politesse. for more information i have to say that i dont think u classify what is extreme or not
and at the end i have to say that if i have wrong dictation its nothin to make u happy lol. cause i know if u want to write spanish u will suck. again for more information i have to say that i suck in english and i dont care about it cause its nothin again. but yeah i know what is morality.

Im afraid Arian is 172% right, hes not trying to be the final say on what is extreme or not, but I think its common knowledge The Black Album is far from extreme. Using the arguments that you used, one could say Shania Twain is extreme.
----
- George Carlin
03.05.2008 - 05:40
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, Pretty much. I mean, there is a common idea of what is extreme metal, and while I don't decide what is and what is not extreme, I mean, The Black Album just doesn't meet that commonly accepted Cirriculum. And even if we were to go from the whole personal interpretation thing, well, that's your opinion, but I just don't share it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.05.2008 - 09:19
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 03.05.2008 at 03:43

Im afraid Arian is 172% right, hes not trying to be the final say on what is extreme or not, but I think its common knowledge The Black Album is far from extreme. Using the arguments that you used, one could say Shania Twain is extreme.

ok Dr. i have a question. if Jamz and Cristina Scabbia were decided to sing together in metallica's music video what whould u say?
the point is we all metalheads love Metallica thats why we exept them so much yeah?

if not, u tell me if Metallica had a Duet(FUCK) with Cristina Scabbia what would become!?
im sure that VH1 would make new 40 least metal cause of metallica

anyway i know that half of the megadeth's votes rnt their fans votes. do u know how i knew this?
look at master of puppets votes for example:

Rating: 9.1 | 743 votes

Owners: 706 have it
26 want it
4 trade it

10 457 votes
9 141 votes
8 70 votes
7 34 votes
6 12 votes
5 4 votes
4 6 votes
3 1 vote
2 3 votes
1 15 votes

how can someone vote 1 for this album(15!!!!!!!) the other amazing thing here is we have 37 votes more than who have this album!
i mean that someone (and i dont know why!) tries to say that metallica is nothin and i dont get it why!
and the beautiful part of these votes is that we see here 457 perfect votes. 141 9 votes and in my opinion we can say that these votes r reall up to 6 . and the votes r almost like this in "Ride The Lightning" too.
and i know that many of who here voted for megadeth, if u look at their votes for both bands albums, u will see that they voted better for metallica so why here they choose megadeth?! why?

PS:a question again. i want to know Excatly, what genre Black Album is?
03.05.2008 - 12:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 03.05.2008 at 09:19

ok Dr. i have a question. if Jamz and Cristina Scabbia were decided to sing together in metallica's music video what whould u say?
the point is we all metalheads love Metallica thats why we exept them so much yeah?

if not, u tell me if Metallica had a Duet(FUCK) with Cristina Scabbia what would become!?

anyway i know that half of the megadeth's votes rnt their fans votes. do u know how i knew this?

26 want it
4 trade it

10 457 votes
9 141 votes
8 70 votes
7 34 votes
6 12 votes
5 4 votes
4 6 votes
3 1 vote
2 3 votes
1 15 votes

how can someone vote 1 for this album(15!!!!!!!) the other amazing thing here is we have 37 votes more than who have this album!
i mean that someone (and i dont know why!) tries to say that metallica is nothin and i dont get it why!
and the beautiful part of these votes is that we see here 457 perfect votes. 141 9 votes and in my opinion we can say that these votes r reall up to 6 . and the votes r almost like this in "Ride The Lightning" too.
and i know that many of who here voted for megadeth, if u look at their votes for both bands albums, u will see that they voted better for metallica so why here they choose megadeth?! why?

Easy, hard rock. As for the rest, its simple, you have to consider many user come in and may make a bunch of votes, log out, then never log in again, which means many of those people may be surface type fans who never really got into metal but like Metallica (because lets face it, most 3 year olds have heard at least some Metallica. You'll notice most regular users (such as Arian or Myself) are actually in here battling for the point that Megadeth is much better, we have big numbers in our account, so obviously we have a passion for the music, otherwise whats the point in making so many posts in a metal website? I never once said the new Megadeth album was extreme, or that it was a masterpiece, but in comparison to St.Anger, its down right genius. Your are also taking the Master Of Puppets album votes, take the St.Anger votes then weigh them up, your whole argument falls apart. Your using the first 3 Metallica albums as your argument, we're talking entire career here, which I admit rival Rust In Peace or Peace Sells... almost evenly, afterwards its almost not opinion anymore that albums like Reload or St.Anger are shit. So lets weigh it out (from actual album votes, seeing as thats your big argument here):
Megadeth
Metallica

Killing Is My Business-80%
Kill Em All-87%

Peace Sells-89%
Ride The Lightning-91%

So Far, So Good-82%
Master Of Puppets-91%

Rust In Peace-91%
And Justice For All-89%

Countdown To Extinction-87%
Black Album-82%

Cryptic Writings-78%
Load-63%

Risk-52%
Reload-59%

The World Needs A Hero-72%
Garage Inc.-72%

The System Has Failed-80%
St.Anger-38%

United Abominations-81%

=792
=672

Divided by number of albums (11)
Divided By Number Of Albums (10)

=72%
=67.2%

So, Ive found holes in all your logic, what now?
----
- George Carlin
03.05.2008 - 12:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 03.05.2008 at 12:05

Written by [user id=31891] on 03.05.2008 at 09:19

26 want it
4 trade it

10 457 votes
9 141 votes
8 70 votes
7 34 votes
6 12 votes
5 4 votes
4 6 votes
3 1 vote
2 3 votes
1 15 votes

Easy, hard rock. As for the rest, its simple, you have to consider many user come in and may make a bunch of votes, log out, then never log in again, which means many of those people may be surface type fans who never really got into metal but like Metallica (because lets face it, most 3 year olds have heard at least some Metallica. You'll notice most regular users (such as Arian or Myself) are actually in here battling for the point that Megadeth is much better, we have big numbers in our account, so obviously we have a passion for the music, otherwise whats the point in making so many posts in a metal website? I never once said the new Megadeth album was extreme, or that it was a masterpiece, but in comparison to St.Anger, its down right genius. Your are also taking the Master Of Puppets album votes, take the St.Anger votes then weigh them up, your whole argument falls apart. Your using the first 3 Metallica albums as your argument, we're talking entire career here, which I admit rival Rust In Peace or Peace Sells... almost evenly, afterwards its almost not opinion anymore that albums like Reload or St.Anger are shit. So lets weigh it out (from actual album votes, seeing as thats your big argument here):
Megadeth
Metallica

Killing Is My Business-80%
Kill Em All-87%

Peace Sells-89%
Ride The Lightning-91%

So Far, So Good-82%
Master Of Puppets-91%

Rust In Peace-91%
And Justice For All-89%

Countdown To Extinction-87%
Black Album-82%

Cryptic Writings-78%
Load-63%

Risk-52%
Reload-59%

The World Needs A Hero-72%
Garage Inc.-72%

The System Has Failed-80%
St.Anger-38%

United Abominations-81%

=792
=672

Divided by number of albums (11)
Divided By Number Of Albums (10)

=72%
=67.2%

So, Ive found holes in all your logic, what now?

@ Dr. (from actual album votes, seeing as thats your big argument here):

first i have to ask u where did u find these.(link or somthin)
then i have the second quetion: where did u sea that metallica's black albums is "Hard Rock"?
if u need i will show a lot of sites that tell u black is not hard rock dont get ppl wrong ITS METAL. so u have to asnwer it again which GENRE OF METAL IS THIS ALBUM? its so funny that somone sais that BLACK ALBUM is hard rock and judas priest is metal
u think u better know what is rock or metal or ppl at grammy(cause they could give grammy to metallica's black album under the name of BEST HARD ROCK performance yeah?!)
[even if someone doesnt expect grammy, but noone can say that they rnt musicians,they actully know what is rock or metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
it was for example but i will give u a lot of sites if order!

http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/Winners/Results.aspx?title=&winner=metallica&year=0&genreID=0&hp=1

then i have to say that entirly or not entirly metallica is more influenced the world not only music.
the most influence of metallica which i can see is their enemies they really influence them. i can forgot all megadeth's albums(i have to say that i like Megadeth so much) but i cant forget metalica's Kill EM All.

i was speakin about Master OF Puppets cause yes i am agree with u,a lot of ppl came here and vote 1 for metallica and go away [i think sometimes,someone creates a new email and creates a new profile[i mean with 4 or 5 nick's ] here and votes for somthing like this!! its Illness not?!] i was talkin about this when i said that 37 votes r more than have albums.

if someone can vote 1 for that album so its normal that i dont believe here too yeah?

want konw the truth look at this link cause i finally find that i was true that a lot of votes here for megadeth isnt their fans votes )

look:
http://metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=207&page=

PS:we are talkin about Influence.pay attention. tell me which bands covered megadeth ? but a band like Dream Theater covers Master Of Puppets yeah? Sepultura covered Seek N Destroy yeah? ....................
i dont like to write anythin about metallica again. and i wont so its my last words man:)
03.05.2008 - 13:44
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
basically my favourite songs by Metallica have been written by Dave Mustaine.

Anyways I will say Megadeth.