Metal Storm logo
Portuguese MetalStormers

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 15.03.2009 - 22:53
Written by BloodTears on 15.03.2009 at 22:48

Slay, I'll send you a sms ok? When we get there.

I don't think anyone else from our "portuguese metalstormers" group is coming.

Well we had 5 portuagese people and fake greek here
28.09.2009 - 14:30
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by MadGatsu on 28.09.2009 at 13:56

Written by BloodTears on 28.09.2009 at 10:51

Written by Njord on 27.09.2009 at 23:19

Ppl, I'm exhausted. It's indeed a good payment for the job but you do a lot during the day. You need to be in the section at 7am and you only leave after the votes are counted..could be at 20pm or 2am of the next day (next elections will a pain in the ass btw).

Yes it is exhausting but I like to be involving in the voting process. At the end of the day, it's a good feeling. It's my second time and I'll continue to go because I gey paid and I contribute to the election. It is very demanding because it's not just being there and make sure people's names are on the lists, it is helping them solve the problem with their number, showing them what to do and all that and everything has to be right in the end.

Were you with your normal clothes? I would totally go to voting if that meant watching hot chicks dressed in black metal clothes X'D (maybe thats just me though).

lol Yes, I wore normal clothes minus the combat boots, I mean, I don't want to scare people away and I know how poeple react. Just put on a pair of sneakers.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.09.2009 - 14:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Njord on 28.09.2009 at 13:59

Written by BloodTears on 28.09.2009 at 10:51

Written by Njord on 27.09.2009 at 23:19

Ppl, I'm exhausted. It's indeed a good payment for the job but you do a lot during the day. You need to be in the section at 7am and you only leave after the votes are counted..could be at 20pm or 2am of the next day (next elections will a pain in the ass btw).

Yes it is exhausting but I like to be involving in the voting process. At the end of the day, it's a good feeling. It's my second time and I'll continue to go because I gey paid and I contribute to the election. It is very demanding because it's not just being there and make sure people's names are on the lists, it is helping them solve the problem with their number, showing them what to do and all that and everything has to be right in the end.

btw, do you had problems with the citizen card? I'd a lot..

A lot of problems! Almost everyone has the new citizen card and it's hard to have to send them to a different place, they get all mad. But most of them were understanding. When people do that card the people there should tell them they need the "cartão de eleitor" number (Don't know what it's called in English).

Anyway, like Slay said it totally pays off, at the end of the day you get paid for your contribution and it's a Sunday, it probably won't conflict with your normal job.
----

My Instagram
28.09.2009 - 16:18
MadGatsu
Njord: I was just being silly about it ;P

BT: Lol no combat boots? Total turn-off then..........*laughs*
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
29.09.2009 - 00:47
Njord
njord
Written by MadGatsu on 28.09.2009 at 16:18

no problemo. I hope to see u next time in the assembly sections. We must prove that we can run out elections in our country to do a big revolution in the voting system here at MS
29.09.2009 - 00:55
MadGatsu
Written by Njord on 29.09.2009 at 00:47

Written by MadGatsu on 28.09.2009 at 16:18

no problemo. I hope to see u next time in the assembly sections. We must prove that we can run out elections in our country to do a big revolution in the voting system here at MS

Im from Porto I dont think u'll be literally seeing me there lol
----
29.09.2009 - 01:31
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
So, what do you think about the elections results? To be honest I'm glad that PS didn't get "maioria absoluta".
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
29.09.2009 - 02:35
Njord
njord
Don't know if the question is for me but I'll answer it:

Governments with power to decide for themselves every issue are always tricky because they can approve suspicious things like changes to the constitution. In these cases "maiorias absolutas" are always bad for the country. In the other side, governments with power are needed when the country is hitting critical state.

I've read the proposals of the PS program and sincerely they're not very ambitious. Some issues like more money support for enterprises, the TGV and 4x more university students are hard to achieve but in the end, this government has everything to make their promises reality. Either way, it's better this then to cut the TGV, the new bridge Barreiro-Chelas and the new Lisbon aeroport. Yes, I didn't vote for PSD
29.09.2009 - 12:47
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
The question is for you all!

And yes, we're in the middle of a crisis but don't need to cut all the big contructions, some are more impostant then others and for now I'm against the new airport because they aren't preoccupied with our safety or something like that, they just the lands of the "old" one to make buildings and more buildings, that's the main reason, there are to many millions at risk!!
----
29.09.2009 - 13:10
MadGatsu
Anyone has doubts about whats going to keep happening?
----
29.09.2009 - 13:11
Njord
njord
Written by SlaytallicA on 29.09.2009 at 12:47

The question is for you all!

And yes, we're in the middle of a crisis but don't need to cut all the big contructions, some are more impostant then others and for now I'm against the new airport because they aren't preoccupied with our safety or something like that, they just the lands of the "old" one to make buildings and more buildings, that's the main reason, there are to many millions at risk!!

I flied recently into Lisbon and I must say that an aeroport is needed to avoid the actual airplanes routes. They fly above the city, not around it and the last buildings before the track are the universities!
Anyway, the TGV project is nice but for now is insufficient. You simply can't offer Lisbon-Brussels in 20 hours when Lisbon-Paris in the regular trains is done in 24 hours... construct a TGV just to win 6-8 hours is not enough for me..
29.09.2009 - 13:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I'm not gona say in which party I voted but it wasn't PS.

Anyway, I predicted after seeing the results in my section that PS would win and CDS-PP would have a lot more votes. Basically the smaller parties grew. I prefer Sócrates to Manuela because she is old-fashioned and unrealistic. I think she wouldn't be good for our country in terms of innovation and keeping up with modernity.

About the other things, everything, time will tell. I know that I spend too much money in the university. I even have to pay when I deliver my thesis, which is something that's part of my master's degree. I pay to have a thesis! To me, that's ridiculous. And like that many other things happen every day. People are incompetent and I have to pay for their mistakes. Today I'm very pissed because the university system in our country wants only one thing: money. What do they care about grades and if we have a job? Every little fucking paper you need to enrol in a course or a PhD will cost you money. Not to mention the tuition fees you pay to get a degree. Since I entered the university back in 2004 the tuition fee doubled.

Ok, talked too much, but it pisses me off that in some countries education is a right but in Portugal you have to be rich.
----

My Instagram
29.09.2009 - 14:41
Njord
njord
You're completely right BT. I finished my degree in 2007 and I though that paying 600? for the public university was much.. now I don't have any words to describe the actual system.

The more stupid thing that happened to me was this:
To get my "certificado de habilitações" (5?) I was forced to pay for my diploma first (110?). I didn't see any rule telling that procedure but all the students did it that way, so it was a stupid tradition the university adopted. If I didn't had the money to pay for the diploma, how could I search for a job without the certificate?
29.09.2009 - 14:44
Njord
njord
And ye, you need to be rich right now to be at university. As I said before, this new government want to quadruplicate the number of university students in 4 years.

I keep saying why? There's no jobs for the graduated students, so why add more students? They should cut it, not expand it.
29.09.2009 - 14:46
MadGatsu
Written by BloodTears on 29.09.2009 at 13:57

I'm not gona say in which party I voted but it wasn't PS.

Anyway, I predicted after seeing the results in my section that PS would win and CDS-PP would have a lot more votes. Basically the smaller parties grew. I prefer Sócrates to Manuela because she is old-fashioned and unrealistic. I think she wouldn't be good for our country in terms of innovation and keeping up with modernity.

About the other things, everything, time will tell. I know that I spend too much money in the university. I even have to pay when I deliver my thesis, which is something that's part of my master's degree. I pay to have a thesis! To me, that's ridiculous. And like that many other things happen every day. People are incompetent and I have to pay for their mistakes. Today I'm very pissed because the university system in our country wants only one thing: money. What do they care about grades and if we have a job? Every little fucking paper you need to enrol in a course or a PhD will cost you money. Not to mention the tuition fees you pay to get a degree. Since I entered the university back in 2004 the tuition fee doubled.

Ok, talked too much, but it pisses me off that in some countries education is a right but in Portugal you have to be rich.

Completely right. In Poland, my gf tells me that all education is free. Except for some small exceptions, obviously. Just like there are exceptions in our totally free (not) health system. On the other hand, in Poland they dont have free public health system like us

Its a funny situation, since both systems are reversed in both countries
----
29.09.2009 - 14:58
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by MadGatsu on 29.09.2009 at 14:46

Completely right. In Poland, my gf tells me that all education is free. Except for some small exceptions, obviously. Just like there are exceptions in our totally free (not) health system. On the other hand, in Poland they dont have free public health system like us

Free public health system?? In here? Where?? lol
----
29.09.2009 - 15:44
MadGatsu
Written by SlaytallicA on 29.09.2009 at 14:58

Written by MadGatsu on 29.09.2009 at 14:46

Free public health system?? In here? Where?? lol

Okay, sorry for not putting it in the correct way. When you go to the hospital, you pay 2 euros or 3. Nice! So its not free, but it sure as hell is very very very VERY cheap comparing to other countries. Agree now?
----
29.09.2009 - 16:00
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
See! That's actually a good system, you paid almost nothing and free education.

And politicians are still wondering why our country doesn't go forward. When I'm done with my thesis I'll get the hell out of university, I'm sick of it, they want me to do a PhD but I don't have money for that! You might be smart but if you don't have the 5.000 Euros you need to do a PhD, it's all a waste.

And now I leave the university with a degree and a master's degree and they don't want me because they will need to pay me money they don't have. They want graduate students but they can't afford to pay them. So, they have very little people in the companies and that's it.
----

My Instagram
29.09.2009 - 19:07
MadGatsu
Written by BloodTears on 29.09.2009 at 16:00

See! That's actually a good system, you paid almost nothing and free education.

And politicians are still wondering why our country doesn't go forward. When I'm done with my thesis I'll get the hell out of university, I'm sick of it, they want me to do a PhD but I don't have money for that! You might be smart but if you don't have the 5.000 Euros you need to do a PhD, it's all a waste.

And now I leave the university with a degree and a master's degree and they don't want me because they will need to pay me money they don't have. They want graduate students but they can't afford to pay them. So, they have very little people in the companies and that's it.

Or they just accept people with major degree (Licenciatura). That happens as well. I heard of cases where the recruiters take out people with MD and choose with major degree because somehow they dont want to pay very much, and also because they dont want the newcomers to take their jobs XD
----
01.10.2009 - 12:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey bloodtears today AEK Atenas vs Benfica, remeber Hellas team 2004 do you think today be revenge from Port team to one Hellas team
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.10.2009 - 13:05
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Benfica will win, they're playing well at the moment...
----
01.10.2009 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SlaytallicA on 01.10.2009 at 13:05

Benfica will win, they're playing well at the moment...

hehe but nothing can repair 2004
----

01.10.2009 - 13:16
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Bad English on 01.10.2009 at 13:11

hehe but nothing can repair 2004

I don't give a f*ck about that...
----
01.10.2009 - 13:48
Njord
njord
Benfica in Greece again? I remember Olympiakos last year.. that wasn't good
01.10.2009 - 15:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Njord on 01.10.2009 at 13:48

Benfica in Greece again? I remember Olympiakos last year.. that wasn't good

Yes against xanomia, kotes 21 , turkish ladzz aka Atleticos Omilos Konstantinapolis Atenas aka A.E.K. Atenas
----

11.10.2009 - 16:06
Njord
njord
Another day doing elections.

In the news, one candidate to the "Junta" killed the husband of the present president in Ermelo, Tras-os-Montes. The killer run away to the mountains of Geres.
Pretty black metal all this stuff...
11.10.2009 - 23:36
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Yes, Portugal is getting darker... Simply stupid and not surprising if that candidate win the elections! lol
----
12.10.2009 - 15:57
MadGatsu
Wow....that was very brutal........metal indeed /m/
----
13.10.2009 - 00:39
Njord
njord
He's still lost in the mountains. Did you know his family got away from portugal last week? Thas was a good plan possibly motivated by neighboor issues between the envolved.
13.10.2009 - 01:54
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
A planned murder? That's even worse!!
----
13.10.2009 - 12:33
Njord
njord
It isn't black metal anymore. Now it's just James Bond style...