Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
10.05.2008 - 02:08
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I'm making my second remark in this thread. I have listened all the Megadeth albums up to Countdown to Extinction and including it, I still must say I like Metallica way better. I did enjoy Rust in Peace a lot though I didn't like it very much the first time I listened to it. I must also admit that Megadeth's solos are very cool, and they are very different from Metallica's solos; I would say they are more melodic. But still, I love every second of Metallica music, and can't say the same thing about Megadeth. In addition, Metallica are much cooler on stage.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
22.05.2008 - 13:12
vatro
Account deleted
I like megadeth more than metallica
31.05.2008 - 21:05
DIO Is God
Account deleted
I'll take Metallica. I get extremely annoyed with Dave Mustaine singing.
06.06.2008 - 18:28
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
I'd say Metallica, IMO Metallica is much more better than Megadeth, though i love Megadeth's Reckoning Day and A Tout Le Monde.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
11.06.2008 - 01:25
Marksmanic
Account deleted
I'll go with Megadeth seven days a week. And because I can: List the reasons why.
1)Metallica haven't written one good song: One
2)James Hetfield would torture the deaf
3)The riffs of Metallica lack the groove
4)The riffs of Metallica lack the power
5)The solos of Metallica lack the power
6)The solos of Metallica lack the groove
7)The riffs of Megadeth HAS the groove
8)The riffs of Megadeth HAS... Yeah, I think you get the point.

9)Oh, and Metallica sold out majorly.
11.06.2008 - 07:28
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=33185] on 11.06.2008 at 01:25

I'll go with Megadeth seven days a week. And because I can: List the reasons why.

Okay, I voted megadeth too, I mean, I can honestly say I have a MAJOR preference for them, but, how can you say that Metallica hasn't ever written a good song? I mean, early metallica is the shit.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.06.2008 - 10:13
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth

What kind of bullcrap post is that? omg
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
15.06.2008 - 02:40
DavidX
Account deleted
I think Metallica is better..
15.06.2008 - 02:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 11.06.2008 at 10:13

What kind of bullshit post is that? omg

Yeah. As much as I think he voted the right way, his arguments against Metallica really dont have any reasoning.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.06.2008 - 18:16
The Thrasher
Account deleted
it's hard to say but metallica have a better vocalist
16.06.2008 - 22:24
megamegadethfan
Account deleted
Megadeth's music and guitar playing moves through me like no other music does. Dave Mustaine's voice powers through my soul and rattles it like nothing else. You cant find music that will make you want to cry for world problems, then want to change it, then want to stop complaining for yourself and do something good with yourself towards the world. Dave Mustaine writes amazing lyrics and they paint a picture, whether about war and death, or hate and misery. His guitar skills are like no other and tenacious attitude is something everyone can respect. Metallica could never write lyrics or meet anywhere near the skills and passion that shines through Megadeth's songs. Sorry Metallica fans, thats just how I feel. Not trying to piss anyone off.
25.06.2008 - 00:56
well, for me it's not hard to say! not at all! yes metallica have better vocalist but
megadeth have a very very very better guitarist than metallica!
01.08.2008 - 10:32
freddie420666
fuck megadeth. megadeth is metallica wannabe's. i admit megadeth is a good, very good band, but metallica was the first thrash band and the first of the thrash bands to change metal. megadeth has sick solos and dave is a guitar god. but megadeth will never pull off the success that metallica has. and even though it's a "whiney documentary" i recall in some kind of monster dave said himself that megadeth has never been as good as metallica. that everytime they would come out with something good, metallica would come out with something far better. and i dont give a shit if metallica sold out. it still doesnt change their past. and they havent sucked after ride the lightning. ...and justice for all is some of the heaviest shit you will ever listen to. no you cant hear the bass but the riffs are heavy and fast. including the drumming. lars busted his ass on the drum line in that album. so metallica in my opinion is better than megadeth. and for the vocals. james vocals from ride the lightning to the black album could not have been better for the genre. for dave mustaine's vocals sounded like he had a rubberband tied around his nuts. FUCK MEGADETH!!!
01.08.2008 - 11:40
AICJunkie
Account deleted
Megadeth for me. Metallica might've been first but in no way is Megadeth their "wannabe's". Seriously, who was Metallica's first lead guitarist?
Mustaine. Regardless of what Metallica says I think that Mustaine's playing style influeced early Metallica and the way Metallica played a lot. Some people might say Mustaine is a bitch for acting how he does toward Metallica, but I would be even more pissed if I wrote songs I wasn't credited for and helped to shape a band that went on to have huge success, and they don't even acknowledge it. Seriously, that bad blood isn't there for no fucking reason. Either way, both bands are thrash gods and have made some classic fucking metal albums. Both bands have sold out as hard as possible (St. Anger/Risk). But, Megadeth has arguably had more talented musicians (Freidmane/Ellefson/Menza), and even though Megadeth lost their way just like Metallica did, Mustaine seems to have at least learned something from Risk. I enjoyed TSHF and United Abominations. Not as much as the Megadeth classics, but they were still damn good albums made in the past 17 years. Metallica however released the Black album (which I hated), Load, ReLoad, and St. Anger. They kept going on that downward spiral of selling out and now in 2008 with Death Magnetic, it seems they might actually redeem themselves. It sure took long enough, and it dissapoints me that Metallica was originally about "fuck the hair metal bands that just want to look good to sell", and then they go and sell out themselves, just as much as the hair metal bands of the 80's. So with all this considered, I chose Megadeth.
02.08.2008 - 01:42
thesabbathfan
Early Metallica was great. Now a lot of people just consider them to be... just rock, and that's gay.

Mustaine and his boys get my vote m/
----
08.08.2008 - 18:12
havoheJ
Account deleted
Well, I choosed "Metallica" even when they´re weird in many ways. I´m listening to their music not living with them in a flat. Back to the music: Megadeth´s "Killing is business..." and "Rust in Peace" are just too less albums that are good from them, that´s why my choose was easily.

Greetings havoheJ
12.08.2008 - 06:42
Demonmayonnaise
Written by freddie420666 on 01.08.2008 at 10:32

fuck megadeth. megadeth is metallica wannabe's. i admit megadeth is a good, very good band, but metallica was the first thrash band and the first of the thrash bands to change metal. megadeth has sick solos and dave is a guitar god. but megadeth will never pull off the success that metallica has. and even though it's a "whiney documentary" i recall in some kind of monster dave said himself that megadeth has never been as good as metallica. that everytime they would come out with something good, metallica would come out with something far better. and i dont give a shit if metallica sold out. it still doesnt change their past. and they havent sucked after ride the lightning. ...and justice for all is some of the heaviest shit you will ever listen to. no you cant hear the bass but the riffs are heavy and fast. including the drumming. lars busted his ass on the drum line in that album. so metallica in my opinion is better than megadeth. and for the vocals. james vocals from ride the lightning to the black album could not have been better for the genre. for dave mustaine's vocals sounded like he had a rubberband tied around his nuts. FUCK MEGADETH!!!

Its pretty typical of you to slam any other band because they arent Metallica. And Justice some of the heaviest shit? Cmon... That album bores me to tears. If Dave sounds like he had a rubberband tied around his nuts, what were around James? Probably your lips cuz you wont stay off of Metallicas tip. Sure they sell millions of album, so fuckin what... That has nothing to do with anything. Back to And Justice, only a couple riffs are fast, Harvester of Sorrow is pretty slow IMO. You know what, you are just the coolest kid on MS because you said FUCK MEGADETH!!!! I wish I was half as cool as you.
12.08.2008 - 21:07
freddie420666
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 12.08.2008 at 06:42

Its pretty typical of you to slam any other band because they arent Metallica. And Justice some of the heaviest shit? Cmon... That album bores me to tears. If Dave sounds like he had a rubberband tied around his nuts, what were around James? Probably your lips cuz you wont stay off of Metallicas tip. Sure they sell millions of album, so fuckin what... That has nothing to do with anything. Back to And Justice, only a couple riffs are fast, Harvester of Sorrow is pretty slow IMO. You know what, you are just the coolest kid on MS because you said FUCK MEGADETH!!!! I wish I was half as cool as you.

dude.
that was a joke to my friend AIC junkie who posted a comment right under mine. he loves megadeth so i fuck with him about it. i like megadeth. i think they are a kickass band. just because "i like metallica" doesnt mean i hate other thrash bands. the only thrash band idc for is anthrax and thats because i havent heard much of them. and i dont think im the "coolest kid on MS" because i really dont give a shit. i like megadeth but if i dont like a mother fucking band, im going to fucking say it. isnt that what this shit is about?? saying what you think about the fucking band?? even if i didnt like megadeth, what the fuck is it to you?? i said i didnt like the band and gave MY reasons why. im mostly reffering to the anthrax article because once again, megadeth is a kickass band in my opinion. and that was really funny what you said about james's vocals on ...and justice. if you really want to compare vocals for ...and justice and all of megadeths albums, james's vocals are deep. not whiney like dave's. im not bashing dave or anything but im just saying that the vocals for AJFA are not comparible to nothing of megadeth's. so if you have nothing better to do then talk shit to someone because they criticized your band on a website, then thats cool. but dont fucking criticize me for entitling my opinion.
13.08.2008 - 00:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by freddie420666 on 12.08.2008 at 21:07

dude.
that was a joke to my friend AIC junkie who posted a comment right under mine. he loves megadeth so i fuck with him about it. i like megadeth. i think they are a kickass band. just because "i like metallica" doesnt mean i hate other thrash bands. the only thrash band idc for is anthrax and thats because i havent heard much of them. and i dont think im the "coolest kid on MS" because i really dont give a shit. i like megadeth but if i dont like a mother fucking band, im going to fucking say it. isnt that what this shit is about?? saying what you think about the fucking band?? even if i didnt like megadeth, what the fuck is it to you?? i said i didnt like the band and gave MY reasons why. im mostly reffering to the anthrax article because once again, megadeth is a kickass band in my opinion. and that was really funny what you said about james's vocals on ...and justice. if you really want to compare vocals for ...and justice and all of megadeths albums, james's vocals are deep. not whiney like dave's. im not bashing dave or anything but im just saying that the vocals for AJFA are not comparible to nothing of megadeth's. so if you have nothing better to do then talk shit to someone because they criticized your band on a website, then thats cool. but dont fucking criticize me for entitling my opinion.

do you email your mother with that keyboard?

also, paragraphs are your friend.

funny that you bring up the Anthrax article (actually the thread was on the big four of thrash's 80's releases) here... do you still have unresolved issues with me for pointing out the hilarity of someone who's never actually listened to a band saying they suck?

i said it in the other thread, and i'm saying it again here. go to blabbermouth. that's more your speed.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.08.2008 - 00:34
freddie420666
Written by BitterCOld on 13.08.2008 at 00:23

dude.

do you email your mother with that keyboard?

also, paragraphs are your friend.

funny that you bring up the Anthrax article (actually the thread was on the big four of thrash's 80's releases) here... do you still have unresolved issues with me for pointing out the hilarity of someone who's never actually listened to a band saying they suck?

i said it in the other thread, and i'm saying it again here. go to blabbermouth. that's more your speed.

no i dont.
i apologized for that.
because i insulted your band without even hearing them.
i was just using that as an example for proving my point above.
13.08.2008 - 05:40
Demonmayonnaise

dude.

I wasnt taking a stab at James, it was a stab at you, seeing as you have your mouth on Metallica's cock half the time. Im not criticizing you for talking shit about megadeth, Im criticizing you because you were a dick about it. If you dont like a band thats fine. But to be like "Oh fuck them, they suck... HE HE HE" Thats why Im criticizing you.
13.08.2008 - 06:10
freddie420666
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 13.08.2008 at 05:40

dude.

I wasnt taking a stab at James, it was a stab at you, seeing as you have your mouth on Metallica's cock half the time. Im not criticizing you for talking shit about megadeth, Im criticizing you because you were a dick about it. If you dont like a band thats fine. But to be like "Oh fuck them, they suck... HE HE HE" Thats why Im criticizing you.

no.
my mouth isnt on metallicas cock half the time.
but they are the band that got me into metal.
so i have a high respect for them.
okay well again that was a joke to AICJunkie because i used to really hate on megadeth like that, so actually i was making a joke at myself more than i was to him.
13.08.2008 - 06:33
Demonmayonnaise
Written by freddie420666 on 13.08.2008 at 06:10

dude.

no.
okay well again that was a joke to AICJunkie because i used to really hate on megadeth like that, so actually i was making a joke at myself more than i was to him.

Okay. I get that it was a joke. Still wasnt very funny... Guess it was like an inside joke thing.
13.08.2008 - 06:50
freddie420666
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 13.08.2008 at 06:33

Written by freddie420666 on 13.08.2008 at 06:10

dude.

no.

Okay. I get that it was a joke. Still wasnt very funny... Guess it was like an inside joke thing.

yes. exactly an inside joke. and no it wasn't very funny. perhaps it was completely retarded for me to say that to him on a Megadeth vs. Metallica forum. but i have agreed to that.
18.08.2008 - 05:07
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
/ Lame

Anyways, Metallica wins, as their first 4-5 albums were all much more technical than anything Megadeth has ever made. Whereas Dave is a poor vocalist and all of his songs follow generic patterns both in structure and songwriting, Metallica used to be able to create amazing compositions. Although Megadeth has been more consistent in the quality of their releases, Metallica's good ones were way better.
01.09.2008 - 02:38
Iron Priest
I pick megadeth. I'm not going to say one band is technically better than the other. I just like more megadeth songs than Metallica.
02.09.2008 - 02:12
Rattlehead87
Megadeth All The Way... Metallica was only Good back in the 80'0s Megadeth Still Kicks Ass
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
09.09.2008 - 02:16
Toast
Account deleted
Megadeth for the win. You can't deny those awsome guitars, and I might be in the minority when I say this but Dave's vocals are pretty good and go real well with Megadeth's style.
Also, I don't know why but i've always thought Metallica was just really boring aside from their debut, and by boring i mean their stuff puts me to sleep faster then horse tranquilizers lol, thats just me i guess. As well Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammet (i think those are their names..) may just be the most overated musicians in metal.
09.09.2008 - 02:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=34045] on 09.09.2008 at 02:16

Megadeth for the win. You can't deny those awsome guitars, and I might be in the minority when I say this but Dave's vocals are pretty good and go real well with Megadeth's style.
Also, I don't know why but i've always thought Metallica was just really boring aside from their debut, and by boring i mean their stuff puts me to sleep faster then horse tranquilizers lol, thats just me i guess. As well Lars Ulrich and Kirk Hammet (i think those are their names..) may just be the most overated musicians in metal.

I'll agree, I dont get what everyones problem is with Daves vocals, they are not nearly as agravating as James Hetfields "Yeahs!" and that contrived deep type voice. The first 2 albums I enjoyed, but as for the rest, I'll agree: boring.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.09.2008 - 04:37
AICJunkie
Account deleted
I also enjoy Mustaine's vocals. Sure he isn't a tier 1 singer, or capable of some of the some we've heard some singers do, but I still couldn't imagine any singer fitting Megadeth better.