Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
19.09.2009 - 10:24
Janne
Hugin
It means that Time won't be released this year either.. what a surprise
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.09.2009 - 12:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
The surprise will be, if the album would ever be released
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.09.2009 - 19:32
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by [user id=20536] on 18.09.2009 at 22:43

Written by [user id=1909] on 18.09.2009 at 21:52

I think Wintersun should just disband.

I think you have too much time on your hands to be spending on the internet. Quiting is lame. If people gave up we wouldn't have some very wonderful things in this world.

Sure, it is taking forever for Time to come out, but why should it bother me or you. Delays with Time aren't affecting my life. I have my own life to live and my own concerns and activities. When Time comes out, Great! I will buy and enjoy it then. Plenty of other bands are releasing stuff anyway. I'm listening to that. I'm not sure I get your attitude. Does it upset you that Time isn't out yet? Are you unable to cope with the fact that there are delays with the album? Why does the album delay upset you enough to complain about it on the internet to people who don't give a crap?

Oh Im sorry, I didnt realise you are the token Metal Storm moron without a fucking sense of humour or capacity to "get" sarcasm.....it appears that when you quoted me you casually withheld the "LOL" i put just AFTER the quote. You sneaky bastard....I was KIDDING, I was trying to make the point that people keep on going on about Wintersun and this album and I wanted to point out that it seriously isnt a big fucking deal. If you read a few posts earlier you would see that I typed "yawn" recently when reading everyone's bickering and wishful thinking quotes.

I was taking the piss out of a ridiculous situation and peoples' naivety and constant belief that the album will be released. And you obviously dont get my attitude because you dont "get" half the shit I was talking about. Read through what I posted again and try to imagine me being not serious....heres a clue: look at the part about Ibiza and Jari going to trance parties.

Learn to read, or learn to understand sarcasm, because until you do that we will have some seriously annoying fucking misunderstanding and I will have to defend myself against someone who is making EXACTLY the same point I am! damn....

And P.S...I dont really have alot of time really I study Architecture which believe me takes up at least 20hours a day of my time. So no i dont just vedge around like many people and hold my breath until I hear an update from Wintersun.
23.09.2009 - 17:15
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by [user id=1909] on 19.09.2009 at 19:32

I think you have too much time on your hands to be spending on the internet. Quiting is lame. If people gave up we wouldn't have some very wonderful things in this world.

Sure, it is taking forever for Time to come out, but why should it bother me or you. Delays with Time aren't affecting my life. I have my own life to live and my own concerns and activities. When Time comes out, Great! I will buy and enjoy it then. Plenty of other bands are releasing stuff anyway. I'm listening to that. I'm not sure I get your attitude. Does it upset you that Time isn't out yet? Are you unable to cope with the fact that there are delays with the album? Why does the album delay upset you enough to complain about it on the internet to people who don't give a crap?

Oh Im sorry, I didnt realise you are the token Metal Storm moron without a fucking sense of humour or capacity to "get" sarcasm.....it appears that when you quoted me you casually withheld the "LOL" i put just AFTER the quote. You sneaky bastard....I was KIDDING, I was trying to make the point that people keep on going on about Wintersun and this album and I wanted to point out that it seriously isnt a big fucking deal. If you read a few posts earlier you would see that I typed "yawn" recently when reading everyone's bickering and wishful thinking quotes.

I was taking the piss out of a ridiculous situation and peoples' naivety and constant belief that the album will be released. And you obviously dont get my attitude because you dont "get" half the shit I was talking about. Read through what I posted again and try to imagine me being not serious....heres a clue: look at the part about Ibiza and Jari going to trance parties.

Learn to read, or learn to understand sarcasm, because until you do that we will have some seriously annoying fucking misunderstanding and I will have to defend myself against someone who is making EXACTLY the same point I am! damn....

And P.S...I dont really have alot of time really I study Architecture which believe me takes up at least 20hours a day of my time. So no i dont just vedge around like many people and hold my breath until I hear an update from Wintersun.

Hey why dont you both shut the hell up and smoke a blunt ??

btw I think were all disapointed by Time in a way... -_- Ive only been waiting 3 yrs for this shit after all
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
23.09.2009 - 22:45
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 23.09.2009 at 17:15

Written by [user id=1909] on 19.09.2009 at 19:32

Hey why dont you both shut the hell up and smoke a blunt ??

btw I think were all disapointed by Time in a way... -_- Ive only been waiting 3 yrs for this shit after all

Yeah ok sorry I had to get that shit out of my system....of course we're all disappointed but I think from that we should learn a lesson. Rather than fall for all the updates and "release dates" here on metalstorm we should quietly go on with our business until we have an OFFICIAL statement from the band on the album status. I personally wont be bothering too much about speculation until they're at least in the mastering stages of the album. Until then I will keep myself happy with other music, luckily theres quite a few good albums coming up soon.
24.09.2009 - 11:07
Robstar
I just Cannot wait their new album! Great band... MY respect to this band indeed! Let's hope a ''Beautiful Death''
----
Nothing is unreacheable
24.09.2009 - 12:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 19.09.2009 at 12:35

The surprise will be, if the album would ever be released

That's true. I've been waiting for it for so long, so I don't really care anymore wether it will be released or not. And when it comes, good for us I guess.
----
24.09.2009 - 22:38
Now we are all using reverse psychology on Wintersun...
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
24.09.2009 - 22:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And will be surprised, when Wintersun reversed it..."you dont want any new album? ok, no new album..."
----

24.09.2009 - 22:54
Then we would all be in the depths of despair
----
25.09.2009 - 00:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by distorted rage on 24.09.2009 at 22:54

Then we would all be in the depths of despair

Not ALL. Dr.Rock will be laughing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.09.2009 - 01:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
To mask his deep despair
----

27.09.2009 - 05:04
Zuzuz0r
Jari took the album's name so serious I guess.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
27.09.2009 - 13:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Maybe he is like me promising my Ashes To Wind project's album...so far i only have MIDI music tracks and dont know when i will be doing more but i am talking about new album being "out soon" to my friends
----

27.09.2009 - 14:33
Lord_Regnier
People make way too much of a fuss about Wintersun. The band is good but it's also one of the most overrated metal band out there.
I have their first (and maybe last and only) album. It's decent, no more.

When it comes to metal, I listen almost exclusively to Black Metal since a
few years (every other genre bores me after a while). To be honest, Wintersun is the softest band I listen to nowadays. I like it but it's among the least favorite albums in my collection. What I don't really fancy is it sounds too much like Powermetal, apart from vocals.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
27.09.2009 - 15:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So why you have it in favorite bands when it is "decent, no more"?
----

27.09.2009 - 15:49
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ellrohir on 27.09.2009 at 15:42

So why you have it in favorite bands when it is "decent, no more"?

Because my list is a bit outdated. I haven't kept it up-to-date.
----
27.09.2009 - 16:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I updated mine recently...now i only have there those 8 bands, i really consider being "perfect" for me of course there are many other great bands i like
----

28.09.2009 - 00:24
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 27.09.2009 at 14:33

What I don't really fancy is it sounds too much like Powermetal, apart from vocals.

Well there lies the problem. If you are only into black metal, which Wintersun is not, you should probably just stick to those bands. For example, if I disliked doom metal, I wouldn't go out and buy a ton of doom albums. Makes no sense. I would suggest checking out bands online before you buy their albums, because it will keep you from buying stuff you don't enjoy.

As for me, I still love listening to Wintersun's S/T. I have owned it for over 3 years and I keep spinning it. Whenever Time comes out, I will be happy to buy it, but right now, I'm content listening to all of the bands I am discovering.
28.09.2009 - 01:00
Lord_Regnier
Written by [user id=20536] on 28.09.2009 at 00:24

What I don't really fancy is it sounds too much like Powermetal, apart from vocals.

Well there lies the problem. If you are only into black metal, which Wintersun is not, you should probably just stick to those bands. For example, if I disliked doom metal, I wouldn't go out and buy a ton of doom albums. Makes no sense. I would suggest checking out bands online before you buy their albums, because it will keep you from buying stuff you don't enjoy.

As for me, I still love listening to Wintersun's S/T. I have owned it for over 3 years and I keep spinning it. Whenever Time comes out, I will be happy to buy it, but right now, I'm content listening to all of the bands I am discovering.

I understand your logic. Wintersun's self-titled album is the only album I bought in at least a year that is not Black Metal or a mix of BM and Death Metal.
I never buy a single Powermetal album nowadays, with the exception of the last Gamma Ray (it's one of the few very rare PM band I still like).
Wintersun's album is the only album in my collection that belongs to the 'PM with harsh vocals' category.
I kinda like it, but less than BM.
It wasn't a blind purchase. It only happens that it grew on me less than I thought it would.
----
29.09.2009 - 04:22
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 28.09.2009 at 01:00

Written by [user id=20536] on 28.09.2009 at 00:24

I understand your logic. Wintersun's self-titled album is the only album I bought in at least a year that is not Black Metal or a mix of BM and Death Metal.
I never buy a single Powermetal album nowadays, with the exception of the last Gamma Ray (it's one of the few very rare PM band I still like).
Wintersun's album is the only album in my collection that belongs to the 'PM with harsh vocals' category.
I kinda like it, but less than BM.
It wasn't a blind purchase. It only happens that it grew on me less than I thought it would.

Yeah I get your point about Wintersun being overrated....not that I dont think they're brilliant, but its logic that bands who draw a lot of attention will be seen as overrated by those who dont think it's great. I for one think Amon Amarth is a pile of shit, eventhough they seem to be loved by just about everyone on MS, hence they're overrated.

to get back on topic, I sort of forget about Wintersun for long periods of time to be honest. I once in a while (like once every 2 months) check out the messageboard on their official site but people on there seem to be as distracted as me, talking the biggest load of nonsense unrelated to anything Wintersun-related lol. Actually listened to the debut the other day for the first time this YEAR. Still pretty dang good...
18.10.2009 - 02:29
In_tallica
Lol wintersun seems somewhat overrated. They're good, yea, but i was'nt lite overwhelmed when i heard their album...good stuff thiugh
20.10.2009 - 08:20
prk
Everyone is going to have somewhat different perceptions or experiences with different bands so with any popular band like wintersun there will be those that find it overrated... personally though id jerk off a goat for a copy before the end of the year
----
well that's just like... your opinion, man...
28.10.2009 - 11:46
Wow, inter-species erotica is really not necessary.

----
28.10.2009 - 12:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
What the hell are you talking about?
----

28.10.2009 - 16:58
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Post above his - prk said: "personally though id jerk off a goat for a copy before the end of the year"
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
31.10.2009 - 03:42
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by prk on 20.10.2009 at 08:20

Everyone is going to have somewhat different perceptions or experiences with different bands so with any popular band like wintersun there will be those that find it overrated... personally though id jerk off a goat for a copy before the end of the year

Jeepers dude, only two posts on the site and you are already inline to become known as the token MS bestiality freak haha God forbid the album comes out before then, because then we all know what ur gonna be doing...lol
19.11.2009 - 14:53
Angel Of Mercy
This wintersuns new album?

It's very hyped. I hope it's good (like the first one is)
----
Your time will come.
19.11.2009 - 18:07
Konrad
Mormon Storm
With all this production and orchestrating going on I honestly don't see how it could sub-par. Now, the deal is Jari has to wait for MetalBlade because they want to promote the Album for 3 months before it's released. Fucking annoying.
----
Brujerizmo!
20.11.2009 - 11:02
Angel Of Mercy
Written by Konrad on 19.11.2009 at 18:07

With all this production and orchestrating going on I honestly don't see how it could sub-par. Now, the deal is Jari has to wait for MetalBlade because they want to promote the Album for 3 months before it's released. Fucking annoying.

Totally agreed.

By promote I assume you mean tour, yes?
----
Your time will come.