Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
24.11.2008 - 20:40
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Both bands suck, but Metallica used to be a good band. Ride the Lightning is like the only good Thrash Metal album to me. Metallica got my vote.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
24.11.2008 - 20:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 24.11.2008 at 20:38

Written by [user id=36073] on 24.11.2008 at 17:44

Slayer is same as Metallica they are both g best, Dark Angel has no big song.

Agreed. Dark Angel had never created anything as big as Metallica. Their last two albums were pretty good though.

If we talking about sings those who can be HITS not simple thrsh songs, non bands can criate better songs how Metallica , realy each song from band was/are special and lil better how others, but it dont means other bands has no songs, only band who hasnt craited IMO non good song was Death Angel Ultra-Violance are ok, but others are sko boring
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2008 - 20:52
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Bad English on 24.11.2008 at 20:46

Agreed. Dark Angel had never created anything as big as Metallica. Their last two albums were pretty good though.

If we talking about sings those who can be HITS not simple thrsh songs, non bands can criate better songs how Metallica , realy each song from band was/are special and lil better how others, but it dont means other bands has no songs, only band who hasnt craited IMO non good song was Death Angel Ultra-Violance are ok, but others are sko boring

Are you kidding me? I really don't remember Ultra-Violence; I remember it was a least not bad, but the last two Death Angel's releases were totally awesome. "Lord of Hate" and "Soulless" were two great great songs.

This poll has got more than 500 votes and should be closed, plus we are a little off-topic.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
24.11.2008 - 20:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by K✞ulu on 24.11.2008 at 20:52

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2008 at 20:46

Are you kidding me? I really don't remember Ultra-Violence; I remember it was a least not bad, but the last two Death Angel's releases were totally awesome. "Lord of Hate" and "Soulless" were two great great songs.

This poll has got more than 500 votes and should be closed, plus we are a little off-topic.

I hate Death Angel, its borigest (dunno how spell) thrsh band from all 80's what I ever had hear

No now we need 1000 posts for locking

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=10756
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.11.2008 - 08:22
laid2rest
Account deleted
MEGADETH!!!!

I'm not the biggest Megadeth band, but Rust In Piece is one of my all-time favourite albums, and I quite like United Abominations. The reason Metallica didn't get my vote is because, the selling-out thing for one, and for the fact that you've got all these kids (some of whom go to my school) who go "Metallica is the metal best band ever!" And you ask them about such greats as Iron Maiden, Slayer, and Megadeth and they don't have a clue who they are.

Plus, Metallica are one of the most over-rated bands in history and didn't even get to become as popular as they are now until they started sucking.

Megadeth gets my vote for sure
26.11.2008 - 00:00
DaveyDodge
Account deleted
Woulda voted for Metallica 15 years ago but nowadays its Megadeth easy.
26.11.2008 - 21:39
AICJunkie
Account deleted
Written by Frankenchrist on 23.11.2008 at 15:10

Written by [user id=34126] on 22.11.2008 at 20:17

Written by Frankenchrist on 19.11.2008 at 17:47

Written by [user id=34126] on 17.11.2008 at 19:17

Written by Frankenchrist on 25.09.2008 at 21:31

i just think that metallica is just better overall. James's voice is just basically "fuck you" while dave's is kinda boring... also metallica's lyrics compared to megadeth's lyrics? c'mon you can't compare. Metallica are also really diverse with their riffs. some of them are simple, some fairly easy, and others uber hard. theyre riffs have to be the best to play on guitar. i like megadeth, but i gotta give it up for the kings of thrash,metallica.

Hetfield's voice is "fuck you"? I call it more accessible
whereas Mustaine's voice, although technically not better,
has a character about it. I'd hardly call it boring.
Also,
I can't compare Megadeth and Metallica's lyrics?
Well, I think I can, and Megadeth is better.
How about Holy Wars vs. Battery.
I'd say that Megadeth easily wins that one.
I'll allow you to take some time and look through
more lyrics and compare them, because I have a feeling
you honestly don't know many, if any Megadeth lyrics at all.
Same with the guitar riffs.
You're going to say that Megadeth isn't diverse?
Once again, I'm going to give you some time to actually
listen to some Megadeth songs and get back to me on this
instead of just vaguely saying that Megadeth can't compare.

uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics? if you want to play the "this song vs. that song card".fine. megadeth's "wake up dead" shit lyrics. not that it matters, i happen to love megadeth, i just prefer metallica.

that's it.

Do you care to commnet on the rest of what I called you out on.
See you were very vague in your original post.
It sounded as you hadn't even really heard Megadeth.
You know how you said instrumentally Metallica was really varied,
it seemed as if you were trying to imply Megadeth was not.
A statement like that would lead me to believe that you were
just a biased Metallica fan and I still believe you are
because once again
instead of giving an example
you just said: "uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics?"
oh
and pay attention
I'll say it yet again, I didn't think you didn't know any Megadeth just because you prefer Metallica,
I didn't think you knew any Megadeth because your posts so far lead me to believe you're
just a biased Metallica fan.
But, if you've truly heard both bands
and prefer Metallica then great, I just don't believe that right now.

uhh......well i mean...i'll just leave it at this. i mean...i think i can live my life without you believing i've heard both bands. i like metallica more than i like megadeth.

fucking deal with it.

I don't have a problem with you liking Metallica more than Megadeth.
Never did, so there's nothing to deal with.
You obviously never understood what I was trying to say.
Anyhow, I'm done.
I clearly can't make a point to you.
26.11.2008 - 21:57
Luciferion
I picked Metallica, only cause I can't stand Mustaine, biggest Pussy live ever plain and simple.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
26.11.2008 - 21:59
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Luciferion on 26.11.2008 at 21:57

I picked Metallica, only cause I can't stand Mustaine, biggest Pussy live ever plain and simple.

Why is he a pussy live? At least he attempts to tour with good bands, you don't see the "Mustaine Revolution Tour" feat. Linkin Park...
26.11.2008 - 22:07
Luciferion
Written by Introspekrieg on 26.11.2008 at 21:59

Why is he a pussy live? At least he attempts to tour with good bands, you don't see the "Mustaine Revolution Tour" feat. Linkin Park...

At his show in Edmonton, he started whining to teh crowd. People we're pushing near teh front and he whined about his personal space , stomped off the stage partway through song and didn't come back for 20 mins, when he came back he didn't say a single word to teh fans for teh rest of the show(other then vocals of course) just continued his set (which sounded like shit cause you could tell he was angry and pissed at the crowd), did not do an encore, and just acted about as emo as you'll ever see a band act. And to clear it up the pushing was nothing out of the ordinary just ppl up at the scurity/barricade getting pushed from behind, not like it was ppl jumping on stage or breaking past security or attacking teh barricades or anything. After that show I've lsot all respect for Mustaine (still don't mind Megadeth as a Band, but not as much as i use to ) .
----
26.11.2008 - 22:19
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Luciferion on 26.11.2008 at 22:07

At his show in Edmonton, he started whining to teh crowd. People we're pushing near teh front and he whined about his personal space , stomped off the stage partway through song and didn't come back for 20 mins, when he came back he didn't say a single word to teh fans for teh rest of the show(other then vocals of course) just continued his set (which sounded like shit cause you could tell he was angry and pissed at the crowd), did not do an encore, and just acted about as emo as you'll ever see a band act. And to clear it up the pushing was nothing out of the ordinary just ppl up at the scurity/barricade getting pushed from behind, not like it was ppl jumping on stage or breaking past security or attacking teh barricades or anything. After that show I've lsot all respect for Mustaine (still don't mind Megadeth as a Band, but not as much as i use to ) .

Oh okay So you have your personal reasons against him lol
That is very diva of him
26.11.2008 - 22:22
Luciferion
Written by Introspekrieg on 26.11.2008 at 22:19

Oh okay So you have your personal reasons against him lol
That is very diva of him

Haha, yah i know, never seen metallica live though... so maybe they'll go emo too... guess that will change in =~12 days. Then I'll be able to make true comparison. (live v live). heh
----
26.11.2008 - 22:25
Demonmayonnaise
Metallica kicked ass when I saw them. They played die die my darling, which was an awesome surprise.
27.11.2008 - 01:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Was that the same show where some guy crawled up on stage and hugged Dave? Then a bunch of drunks started fighting with cops? Because the date afterwards was our city, and this guy who was at both was telling us about it. So in Calgary the security barrier was extremely far back and they cut off the beer at like 6:30.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.11.2008 - 04:54
Luciferion
Written by Doc G. on 27.11.2008 at 01:33

Was that the same show where some guy crawled up on stage and hugged Dave? Then a bunch of drunks started fighting with cops? Because the date afterwards was our city, and this guy who was at both was telling us about it. So in Calgary the security barrier was extremely far back and they cut off the beer at like 6:30.

I don't remember anybody getting on stage (again has been a while since May) heh, but i wouldn't doubt some body was fighting with the cops afterward cause so many ppl we're pissed off
----
27.11.2008 - 05:06
Demonmayonnaise
Last week while I was waiting in line for Metallica some guy got arrested for being drunk in public, even though most of the people there were drunk. He was the only one making an ass of himself though. I heard some girl in the crowd say "Too fucked up for Metallica" and for some reason, that just made the whole situation a hell of a lot funnier.
27.11.2008 - 12:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Luciferion on 27.11.2008 at 04:54

I don't remember anybody getting on stage (again has been a while since May) heh, but i wouldn't doubt some body was fighting with the cops afterward cause so many ppl we're pissed off

It would explain why the barrier was pushed back to far away from the stage in Calgary....and why the beer was cut off early. A couple of my friends got the meet & greet package to meet the band, and apparently Dave was in a real pissed off mood at the meet & greet.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.11.2008 - 13:19
Yossarian
I don,t like rock, so I don,t like Metallica after the black album and I can,t consider them as one of my favourite bands after "Master". Megadeth is not either my cup of tea, but at least they have not sold themselves to the market.
27.11.2008 - 14:50
Frankenchrist
Written by [user id=34126] on 26.11.2008 at 21:39

Written by Frankenchrist on 23.11.2008 at 15:10

Written by [user id=34126] on 22.11.2008 at 20:17

Written by Frankenchrist on 19.11.2008 at 17:47

Written by [user id=34126] on 17.11.2008 at 19:17

Written by Frankenchrist on 25.09.2008 at 21:31

i just think that metallica is just better overall. James's voice is just basically "fuck you" while dave's is kinda boring... also metallica's lyrics compared to megadeth's lyrics? c'mon you can't compare. Metallica are also really diverse with their riffs. some of them are simple, some fairly easy, and others uber hard. theyre riffs have to be the best to play on guitar. i like megadeth, but i gotta give it up for the kings of thrash,metallica.

Hetfield's voice is "fuck you"? I call it more accessible
whereas Mustaine's voice, although technically not better,
has a character about it. I'd hardly call it boring.
Also,
I can't compare Megadeth and Metallica's lyrics?
Well, I think I can, and Megadeth is better.
How about Holy Wars vs. Battery.
I'd say that Megadeth easily wins that one.
I'll allow you to take some time and look through
more lyrics and compare them, because I have a feeling
you honestly don't know many, if any Megadeth lyrics at all.
Same with the guitar riffs.
You're going to say that Megadeth isn't diverse?
Once again, I'm going to give you some time to actually
listen to some Megadeth songs and get back to me on this
instead of just vaguely saying that Megadeth can't compare.

uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics? if you want to play the "this song vs. that song card".fine. megadeth's "wake up dead" shit lyrics. not that it matters, i happen to love megadeth, i just prefer metallica.

that's it.

Do you care to commnet on the rest of what I called you out on.
See you were very vague in your original post.
It sounded as you hadn't even really heard Megadeth.
You know how you said instrumentally Metallica was really varied,
it seemed as if you were trying to imply Megadeth was not.
A statement like that would lead me to believe that you were
just a biased Metallica fan and I still believe you are
because once again
instead of giving an example
you just said: "uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics?"
oh
and pay attention
I'll say it yet again, I didn't think you didn't know any Megadeth just because you prefer Metallica,
I didn't think you knew any Megadeth because your posts so far lead me to believe you're
just a biased Metallica fan.
But, if you've truly heard both bands
and prefer Metallica then great, I just don't believe that right now.

uhh......well i mean...i'll just leave it at this. i mean...i think i can live my life without you believing i've heard both bands. i like metallica more than i like megadeth.

fucking deal with it.

I don't have a problem with you liking Metallica more than Megadeth.
Never did, so there's nothing to deal with.
You obviously never understood what I was trying to say.
Anyhow, I'm done.
I clearly can't make a point to you.

i spose you can't.
----
Blat Blat
15.01.2009 - 15:25
caveman666
Account deleted
Megadeth rule but metallica is still a sick band but i cant stand those kids who think there cool because they listen to metallica and they dont know any other metal bands but trivium and dragonforce.:mad:

also to all those people who say megadeth didnt sell out they did only not to the degree of metallica

old skool metal fuck yeah!!!!!!!
15.01.2009 - 22:10
Nimlot
A. Reader
Dear Lord! Megadeth in the lead?! The Judgment day has finally come when Metallica lose to a band in a Metal Storm poll!!!
15.01.2009 - 23:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Nimlot on 15.01.2009 at 22:10

Dear Lord! Megadeth in the lead?! The Judgment day has finally come when Metallica lose to a band in a Metal Storm poll!!!

Oh, I am pleased to say that it's been that way for a while hehe
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
16.01.2009 - 01:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Nimlot on 15.01.2009 at 22:10

I can't believe you've been registered here longer than me!
----
07.02.2009 - 10:05
Kuurslight
Account deleted
Tie they are both horrible now.
07.02.2009 - 12:42
Jessing
Account deleted
Metallica... without a doubt.. but still megadeth is awesome
07.02.2009 - 20:54
JeffWaters
Account deleted
I like both, but when listening to Rust in Peace, I realize i prefer Megadeth when it comes to thrash, solos, technic, etc
07.02.2009 - 22:14
ForeverDarkWoods
Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning beat the classic Megadeth albums. They don't do it by much, but by a little. As for what they do nowadays, who the fuck cares anyway?
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
07.02.2009 - 23:12
Thrashard
Metallica got my vote. Kill Em' All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, are fucking classics. That, and I pretty much hate Dave's singing.. Don't get me wrong I love Megadeth, just not the vokills sometimes.
23.02.2009 - 23:26
eeshpaul
Account deleted
Metallica were better in the 80s..... megadeth in the 90s. but id still say that metallica was better than megadeth... megadeth were actually really good only when marty played for them
24.02.2009 - 10:54
seely
Account deleted
Metallica
Megadeth are aweosme though

80's Metallica > 80's Megadeth
90's Metalica < 90's Megadeth
00's Metallica = 00's Megadeth