Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
25.02.2009 - 23:28
Dominus
The Shooter
Megadeth!
01.03.2009 - 21:55
Brave
Both !!!
04.03.2009 - 11:46
dunkelheit_13
Personally Im not into Megadeth. and for me Exodus had to be on great 4 instead of megadeth!
----
war is over if you want
05.03.2009 - 17:37
Silent Jay
Megadeth. I enjoy both bands but Megadeth were the pysichal embodiment of thrash back in the 80's. Metallica released stronger albums in the 80's but they couldn't keep it up after. Though they also went softer in the 90's, Megadeth still overtook Metallica and still have to this day imo. TSHF > St.Anger, UA > DM (in an overll sense. some DM songs blast Megadeth to pieces regardess). Metallica may still have the better live performances (seeing them on the 28th of this month! yay!) but their studio output has been shadowed by 'Deth.
05.03.2009 - 17:58
Ragana
Rawrcat
Megadeth because Dave's cool.
Hmm, I still listen to Megadeth sometimes, but I haven't heard anything from Metallica since last July, when I was at their show in Riga. Though it wasn't bad and yet I haven't seen Megadeth (and probably I won't)... I'll vote for Megadeth anyway.
10.03.2009 - 17:33
Demonmayonnaise
When did Metallica finally pull ahead in this poll?
10.03.2009 - 18:39
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 10.03.2009 at 17:33

Holy crap! They were behind by 10 votes like a month ago, right? I think it's somebody cheating...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
11.03.2009 - 07:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 10.03.2009 at 18:39

Holy crap! They were behind by 10 votes like a month ago, right? I think it's somebody cheating...

Its whoever most recently released an album, just watch, as soon as the upcoming Megadeth comes out, Megadeth will be in the lead again.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.03.2009 - 07:09
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Doc G. on 11.03.2009 at 07:06

Its whoever most recently released an album, just watch, as soon as the upcoming Megadeth comes out, Megadeth will be in the lead again.

So it's the newcomers that enjoyed the whichever album voting?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
11.03.2009 - 07:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by K✞ulu on 11.03.2009 at 07:09

Written by Doc G. on 11.03.2009 at 07:06

So it's the newcomers that enjoyed the whichever album voting?

Well, I'll let you figure out the mathematics behind it, but I don't think its a coincidence that Metallica was in the lead until United Abominations was released, then Metallica took the lead back after Death Magnetic was released, we'll just have to wait for the new Megadeth to come out, wait a month or so, and Megadeth will be back on top again.
----
- George Carlin
16.03.2009 - 04:16
ToMegaTherion
This is a very close contest, Metallica are slightly in front, but not by much. Personally I think it shopuld be the other way around with Megadeth just in front of Metallica. I guess not so much for musical reason because they both have had their ups and downs and great moments. I voted Megadeth mainly because they are the band I grew up with, while Metallica I have always liked, but never really got into.
16.03.2009 - 22:57
BuzzPhil
I vote for Metallica, I love Megadeth but for me... It's definitively Metallica!
21.03.2009 - 17:15
TRASH 24/7
Account deleted
MEGADETH!!!
because they were always the better band their songs meant something.
I will amit that metallica is a awsome band but they're no match for MEGADETH
21.03.2009 - 22:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by ToMegaTherion on 16.03.2009 at 04:16

This is a very close contest, Metallica are slightly in front, but not by much. Personally I think it shopuld be the other way around with Megadeth just in front of Metallica. I guess not so much for musical reason because they both have had their ups and downs and great moments. I voted Megadeth mainly because they are the band I grew up with, while Metallica I have always liked, but never really got into.

Every few months the leader of the poll switches, just before Death Magnetic was released Megadeth was in the lead. Like I said before, I think as soon as Megadeth releases their next album it will switch again.
----
- George Carlin
26.04.2009 - 18:43
symbolic727
I would rathe listen to megadeths music in any decade over metallica because i just find there music much more enjoyable than anything metallica ever did not saying i don't like them but I would choose killing is my business over Kill'em all any day. and Megadeth is just much more constant over the years.
18.05.2009 - 21:19
Degameth (Tom)
Account deleted
MEGADETH is the better band today. We all know Metallica went to shit after Justice. In my opinion, Megadeth started out great, lost their way for a while, but are making music better than ever now. Put their last two albums up against metallica's last 5 and there is no comparison; MEGADETH cut's Metallica's fucking throat and leaves them squirming in their own blood and vomit.
For MEGADETH fans: check out DEGAMETH at myspace.com/degamethtribute.
(I was once a Metallica fan, until I found a more potent drug, haha).

Tom
18.05.2009 - 21:33
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Metallica. not because they are the best band ever etc but because they created some good music in the past (mainly) and because i just don't like mustains voice... so megadeth=
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.05.2009 - 23:40
Omegabyss
Account deleted
Sometimes I get very very VERY tired of James Hetfields voice, too much metallica is not too good for me. they have alot of songs that downright suck, at least one from every album, Ex. (Metal Militia, For Whom the bell tolls (BOOORING), Leper Messiah, Half of ..And Justice, Holier than thou, the 2nd half of load, the songs after unforgiven II in reload, a good chunk from st anger, and Judas kiss.

I have every Megadeth album, and to me they have never had a bad song by any means. Megadeth to me is just a more consistent band.
20.05.2009 - 00:47
BuzzPhil
I thinkabout it and... I vote for Metallica but for me, they are the two best bands ever... Both are awesome and they are both my favourite bands so... that's it!!!
17.06.2009 - 02:01
Demonmayonnaise
Written by [user id=41100] on 19.05.2009 at 23:40

Sometimes I get very very VERY tired of James Hetfields voice, too much metallica is not too good for me. they have alot of songs that downright suck, at least one from every album, Ex. (Metal Militia, For Whom the bell tolls (BOOORING), Leper Messiah, Half of ..And Justice, Holier than thou, the 2nd half of load, the songs after unforgiven II in reload, a good chunk from st anger, and Judas kiss.

I have every Megadeth album, and to me they have never had a bad song by any means. Megadeth to me is just a more consistent band.

i agree that leper messiah is boring, but for whom the bell tolls is one of the best songs metallica has ever done. and have you listened to risk? obviously not or you wouldnt have said megadeth have never had a bad song.
17.06.2009 - 03:35
Wyrd
MEGADETH!!!! Dave you fucking rock! Rust in Peace was one of the first Metal album I ever bought!!
Megadeth is the band that made me want to start listening to metal music!

Metallica I find is uninspireing and boring to listen to
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
17.06.2009 - 03:36
Got Mayhem?
Who do I think is the better band?
Megadeth. Tornado of Souls solo rips every time...
----
18.06.2009 - 02:46
soadbyob
Account deleted
MEGADETH!!! If not for the tragedy of 90s metallica, i would've voted metallica all the way
20.06.2009 - 20:52
Omegabyss
Account deleted
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 17.06.2009 at 02:01

i agree that leper messiah is boring, but for whom the bell tolls is one of the best songs metallica has ever done. and have you listened to risk? obviously not or you wouldnt have said megadeth have never had a bad song.

Well I do have risk and im one of the very few who actually like it. Just because its not 'fast' and 'thrash', that does not mean its not good. I like every song from that album too, some of my favorites are 'insomnia' 'prince of darkness' 'Ill be there' 'seven'. I respect metallica, but Risk, to me, is better than half of metallicas albums
23.06.2009 - 01:34
wolfm
Both !!! for the tragedy of 90s
23.06.2009 - 19:51
Demonmayonnaise
Written by [user id=41100] on 20.06.2009 at 20:52

Written by Demonmayonnaise on 17.06.2009 at 02:01

Well I do have risk and im one of the very few who actually like it. Just because its not 'fast' and 'thrash', that does not mean its not good. I like every song from that album too, some of my favorites are 'insomnia' 'prince of darkness' 'Ill be there' 'seven'. I respect metallica, but Risk, to me, is better than half of metallicas albums

ive heard different strokes for different folks but this is beyond that. its kinda odd that you like every song off risk, cuz prince of darkness and crush em are the only ones i can stand. as for metallica, i love all their 80s stuff, can tolerate the black album, and can sorta tolerate DM. load and reload had a few good songs, and st anger, eh... no. i voted for megadeth, because they just have a hell of a lot more albums that really interest me. all their stuff except for risk, most of cryptic writings, and TWNAH.
25.06.2009 - 16:36
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Metallica all the f***in' way ! No disrespect to Megadeth and all their fans (because it's also an awesome band!), but I just think Metallica is way more original, brilliant and of course better
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
26.06.2009 - 17:40
Rattlehead87
MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
28.06.2009 - 21:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Rattlehead87 on 26.06.2009 at 17:40

MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!

Posters:

* Always give detailed opinions, with explanations and as much as information as needed. If you're gonna answer the topic "Mayhem vs Marduk" with "MAYHEM!!!!!", you can count the days till you get banned. That's just spamming.
* When voting, tell us WHY you did it that way, try to establish comparisons between the bands opposed in the thread. You can compare their musicians, their albums, their live performances, and so on.
* Never reply to a topic if you don't know more than half of the information required about the bands mentioned in the topic.
* Reply to a thread only ONCE. If you have changed your mind, you can of course post again, but it's no use repeating the same thing in every page.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.07.2009 - 06:10
gwarscumdog
Megadeth all the way Metallica is good no doubt about it but they can't compare with Dave's voice its a rare voice. The other thing is the drums in Metallica are way to loud, they need to turn up everything else. Megadeth you can see everywhere schools wherever and people say that they still sound like the old days not changed a bit. Lineup changes, but their sound did not. ....... Metallica changed.