Metal Storm logo
What after Metal??

Original post

Posted by Bash', 03.09.2006 - 00:03
hey ppl,

i only want to express my feelings toward the thing that i loved, lived Metal..

i loved metal alot, and am listening for it for about 4-5 years, it becames a bestfriend.. lot of times i was going back to metal to solve my problems, when i am disturbed, when everybody left me, when i was alone, when i am angry, happy, sad, in love, in hate, in every moment Metal was my faithfull friend..

after any problem the best thing i've done is listening metal, on my first year on the university, i have NO friends else metal..

AND AFTER THAT ALL...!!!!!

i became so wiered about / with it ... i started to obtain alot of albums ... i now have more than 150 album, and hundreds of singles, i know a bit good amount of metal bands, at least in my country and between my friends, i am the most one who knows about metal bands and styles & countries (of course because of this great site) BUTTT..!!!!

actually there is a number of songs i've bought (from a while) and didn't listen yet, many things downloaded and never listened, always needs new stuff, and don't listen well for them, so weired..!!! the music became a less value to me, since i have alot alot stuff... event the good albums, i may not have the time to play them, or i don't play them without a reason, i don't know how do i act with the taste i used to b4... i feel that am listening for it as a habbit not coz i like it... i am searching alot for a band that i don't know, and that to fill up my time, but whithout satisfying results, seems like i know most of the (good) bands of the styles i liked..

even in the forum, i found it too hard to shoot a post.. i know i am not that active member, but i used to post better on the past...

what a problem, seems like i just want new stuff, and get bored from them just when i put my hands on them even if without listening ...

ppl say something please, i can't understand the situatution..!!!
10.09.2006 - 01:59
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i havent got tired of metal all together yet but i frequently change my favourite metal style,

somtimes its powermetal for a few weeks, on other occasions i only listen to folkmetal for a while, or only deathmetal, or only progressivemetal, or only symphonic stuff, heck, the week before this one i was actually almost only listening to Clawfinger which is a rapmetal band

there are so many things in metal that are waiting to be discovered, every genre has its gems and its extremely original bands, you just need to find them
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
10.09.2006 - 02:03
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Written by [user id=160] on 09.09.2006 at 22:08

Written by VaronoZz on 09.09.2006 at 20:51

Death maybe?

As in Death Metal? i thought he was trying to take a break from that kind ov stuff

After Metal in general is Death! coz there is no life without metal..! that is the meaning!!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
10.09.2006 - 04:36
danzig111
Account deleted
@VaronoZz: ohhhh! ov course, my mistake dude my mistake.
10.09.2006 - 13:21
Bash'
:)
well..

hey friends, thanks for everybody who gave the helping hand, and everybody who understands my words, i think the problem is kind solved ... i am listening metal happily & thirstly .. i listen for it coz i love it ...

a week of rest was enough for it to be solved, i actually started to listen for radio, pops and hip-hops and ofcourse some great Classical music, i only was listening metal b4 sleeping because i couldn't stop this habit

well friends, i'll keep this thread on coz anyone ( me or you ) might have the same feelings and wants to write something to rest his self ... so he can find good answers as i did

thanx again friends

----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
07.11.2006 - 22:40
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Well, I think that external reasons can solve the problem, or at least, it's my case

Recently, I've been more open mind for other music, for example: rock, old school, trip hop, etc. I'm sure it was due to a movie that really made me think about so many things...
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
08.11.2006 - 01:23
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I know what you mean, OP, it's a phase where you need some music which is different, where you tone down your rabid intake, and wait 5 months or less...and you'll get right back into metal again. It worked for me anyway, and I didn't even stray that far, just some more laid back rock and proto-country and prog rock/metal, a lot of instrumentals and easy-listening rock and metal.
08.11.2006 - 17:09
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Vidrageon: yeah, now I'm back into metal, I enjoy it like before, and sometimes even more!
It means that now I found the solution, I change the music when feel I should, then I'll enjoy again metal
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
23.12.2006 - 11:38
Xaphiris
After metal? More metal!!! when that eventualy ends, I guess you can get some shuteye becouse the next day there will be even more metal! I go to sleep and I get up to metal. After all that? - the only thing I can think of is clinical death...
----
04.03.2007 - 05:23
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
for me the question should have been 'what after extreme metal?' because I listen only to extreme metal.
The answer would then be heavy metal and power metal.
bands like iron maiden, judas priest, stratovarious etc. can give a good break when we are not listrening to extreme metal.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
04.03.2007 - 22:12
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I get that way a lot...I find that I'm going after the discographies of bands just because I feel like I should or something...because it's more of the same or something...most of the time though, I know that it will be good just because it's from a sub-genre of metal that I like and there probably won't be anything bad about it...it does take up a lot of my time though...just because this happens doesn't mean that I'll ever give up collecting metal...with all the metal that's out there, you can never get bored of metal...just keep going out there and keep collecting and keep becoming fascinated about now new bands come into the picture and keep the genre from becoming stagnated...
04.03.2007 - 22:42
Markku
Account deleted
If you get bored of the music you listen to explore new stuff, metal or not doesn't matter. To make things easier for yourself try not to bound your identity to metal.
04.03.2007 - 22:57
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Cant say I have ever been bored of metal. Sure there are moments when I have listened to black metal for so long that I need something more melodic and softer - so I take power or gothic metal. I think metal as a music style is wide enough to satisfy your every mood - you just shouldn't stick to one certain genre for too long (but I guess there are a lot of people who can still listen to the same music almost 24/7).
04.03.2007 - 22:58
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
I reckan all music can bore me now or then.. but that is normal when you listen too many times to a song (there are exceptions) you get tired, but in a couple of days you are loving it deeply again

I dont get tired of my music cuz I have lots and lots of it.. I have albuns that I didnt listen to yet ^^' So, it is very difficult to me to get bored.. I can say impossible!

----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
11.03.2007 - 06:31
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
I just keep changing the type of metal that I like, before I used to love heavy metal and glam metal. Unfourtunatly I got bored of those, but now im getting more into power metal and thrash metal. Lately i'm also starting to enjoy more extreme metal styles such as grindcore .
25.03.2007 - 16:22
FrOsTmOuRnE
Account deleted
Hazzah with odin on your side teh music can never be bad
25.03.2007 - 17:37
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
well as a musician i do get tired of just metal. ill always love it but for me i want to draw from everything in my music i dont want to write something that every metal head has already heard so i just listen to everything.

i mean when your into metal your always looking for that next step to something heavier then once you hit the top theres not really anywhere else to go but to look for other inspiration and thats what ive done.
----
HORROR METAL
25.03.2007 - 18:13
Revenant
Account deleted
There is no 'after metal' but there is plenty of 'with metal'. Classical music, soundtracks, progressive rock and neofolk are favourites of mine.
30.03.2007 - 08:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Metal wont die because Manowar wont let it die. Theyve been preaching the same thing for how many years? and yet they still kick ass while doing it. Manowar is the solution. End of story.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.03.2007 - 20:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
This is another reason why metal won't die: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lu4ofa
31.03.2007 - 00:51
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Metal is so diverse....even speaking of metal as a collective entity is sort of misleading as the difference between one style of metal and the next is about as different as country music is from rap. The metal universe is so wide and theres so many bands and different generes and styles of metal to explore that its hard to get bored with it. Because when i get bored of a band i just listen to something completely different - yet still metal.

There are times where i completely break away from metal, but only as far as light rock or sometimes stuff like Keane...I really like Keane eventho theyre kinda panzy-like lol
31.03.2007 - 04:26
Dan066
Account deleted
Maybe cut back on the power metal, or maybe you're just in a weird mood and you might get over it within a couple of weeks/monthes. Or maybe you've just stopped having an interest in metal and you could more on and try some different genres, you shouldn't force yourself to only be into metal. Well however it works out, hope you're happy.
Oh yeah, if you want just look at the top bands on metalstorm, maybe that'll help you find what you're looking for.:thumbup:
08.04.2007 - 04:55
A Kat Person
Account deleted
I'm the kind of person who often needs something new, which is why I have hundreds of CD's.... hehee... Well over half of these are metal, maybe even three-quarters, but sometimes a change of genre is very refreshing. I'm often in the mood for metal, but not always. My favorite chill-out genre when I'm not in a metal mood is Dub. It is very relaxing. My favorites are Russian bands Caribace and Jah Division, as well as traditional Jamaican stuff like King Tubby and Augustus Pablo. And I love dub-inspired stuff like Jah Wobble and The Orb.

Some other terrific laid-back but very melancholy music I love is Tenhi, or some later Empyrium or Dornenreich (in fact I think later Dornenreich is a lot more interesting than the early black metal stuff he did!)

Other than that, I love anything medieval-inspired like Qntal, or just simply traditional medieval music. Also goth-darkwave kinda stuff like Switchblade Symphony, Mephisto Walz, Delerium, Collide. When I'm in a weird mood, psychedelic/goa trance. Sometimes I go for some Ska as well, and sometimes popular middle-eastern music like Natacha Atlas, or swing revival like Squirrel Nut Zippers when I'm in a jolly mood... classical + techno fusions like Bond are pretty cool too.. or sometimes even just straight techno like Prodigy (tho I definitely listen to that less now than I used to...)

So... don't be afraid of taking a rest from metal now and then... don't worry, you're not cheating on metal... you will always go back to metal in the end... hehhehee
11.04.2007 - 21:38
Grey_Dandelion
Metal=Music=Emotions=Life...at least for me
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
17.04.2007 - 03:43
Urizen367
metalheads aren't flavor of the week kinda people. when we like somethin, we'll like it for a good long time. rather than the 8-week lifespan of that stuff on MTV. for metalheads, there will be no "after". cause we won't let it die. we've fought for too long and too hard to let it go.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
17.04.2007 - 03:51
Nixx
Account deleted
it's like choclate, you may eat it every hour for 2 weeks , then get abit "tired" of it, but you'll always return.
Same thing goes with Coca-Cola... for me atleast (but cola lasts a whooooole lot longer, I choose to call it; "Death cola", or "thrash cola").
17.04.2007 - 21:17
APOHAKC
The Bard
I doubt I will ever get bored of metal, but you can never know that so I can't say anything for sure...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.04.2007 - 03:40
Oracle
Orcinus
Im going to keep listening to metal for the rest of my life. i will never get sick of it.
20.04.2007 - 00:52
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Oracle on 19.04.2007 at 03:40

Im going to keep listening to metal for the rest of my life. i will never get sick of it.

Are you sure in that? I mean you are only 19 how do you know that, I know people that was just like we, metalheads, and they said too... But now they are not into metal anymore
----
20.04.2007 - 01:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 20.04.2007 at 00:52

Written by Oracle on 19.04.2007 at 03:40

Are you sure in that? I mean you are only 19 how do you know that, I know people that was just like we, metalheads, and they said too... But now they are not into metal anymore

Hmmm. She may not be a metalhead for life but I doubt she'll give up metal entirely.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.04.2007 - 03:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
I doubt that any of us will ever left metal and spit on it, but I just said that you can't surely say that you will listen metal until you die. I know my father, he was metalhead, he teached me everything. He bought me my first metal tapes and t-shirts, but he is not listening it anymore, he shaved his head and now he is listening to pop and some Serbian shits but he never gave up metal entirely. And that is what I was saying, maybe I won't listening to Cannibal Corps in 20-30 years, but I will always remember what I was listening.
----