Metal Storm logo
Saxon vs W.A.S.P.

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 21.05.2006 - 09:38
These are two of the best heavy-metal bands of all times and also two of my favourites.On one side there is Saxon with denim jackets and songs such as "Heavy metal thunder", "And the bands played on" and "Never surrender" , and on the other side there is W.A.S.P. with leather trends and songs such as "I wanna be somebody", "Blind in Texas", "Wild Child", "Animal" and so on.I like them both, but W.A.S.P. has a point in front of Saxon

Poll

Which heavy-metal band is the best out of these two?

Saxon
W.A.S.P.

Total votes: 88
15.01.2007 - 09:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 30.05.2006 at 16:51

Saxon! ..... duh! W.A.S.P were just a hairband formed for shock-value.

Not really, and I know your reffering to 'fuck like a beast' because most of there other stuff really isnt all that shocking at all, and name me one hairband that can write an epic like 'widowmaker'. And any albums from 'the headless children' onwards is dominated by very deep lyrical content (loook at the crimson idol), they barely play those brainless fun party songs anymore. So dont say that until youve actually listened to more than just 'fuck like a beast' or 'blind in texas'

Btw, Saxon VS WASP is an odd paring.....maybe WASP VS Ratt or something, WASP and Saxon are very different.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.01.2007 - 02:39
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 15.01.2007 at 09:43

Not really, and I know your reffering to 'fuck like a beast' because most of there other stuff really isnt all that shocking at all, and name me one hairband that can write an epic like 'widowmaker'. And any albums from 'the headless children' onwards is dominated by very deep lyrical content (loook at the crimson idol), they barely play those brainless fun party songs anymore. So dont say that until youve actually listened to more than just 'fuck like a beast' or 'blind in texas'

Btw, Saxon VS WASP is an odd paring.....maybe WASP VS Ratt or something, WASP and Saxon are very different.

dude look at the date on that shit

i cannot believe i made such a comment as that.......W.A.S.P actually aren't that much of a hairband when you really listen to them, they sound like Heavy Metal to me .

I have much different opinion as i did then..... W.A.S.P are awesome, they are listed under my favourite bands haha. and fuck like a beast is probably my favourite of theirs
16.01.2007 - 05:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 16.01.2007 at 02:39

Written by Doc G. on 15.01.2007 at 09:43

dude look at the date on that shit

i cannot believe i made such a comment as that.......W.A.S.P actually aren't that much of a hairband when you really listen to them, they sound like Heavy Metal to me .

I have much different opinion as i did then..... W.A.S.P are awesome, they are listed under my favourite bands haha. and fuck like a beast is probably my favourite of theirs

Woops, guess I shoulda looked at the date......sorry about the accusation.
----
- George Carlin
04.05.2007 - 01:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
How in the blue hell is Saxon winning? I find Saxon pretty boring myself, and Blackies voice is incredible, Im very confused...and disapointed, in all of you.
----
- George Carlin
04.05.2007 - 01:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Doc G. on 04.05.2007 at 01:24

How in the blue hell is Saxon winning? I find Saxon pretty boring myself, and Blackies voice is incredible, Im very confused...and disapointed, in all of you.

I dunno man, but I also voted for Saxon.. I like them more, my da like WASP, I can't like same band like my dad...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.05.2007 - 01:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 04.05.2007 at 01:34

I dunno man, but I also voted for Saxon.. I like them more, my da like WASP, I can't like same band like my dad...

My Dad likes Led Zeppelin....loves Danzig, I even got him into Amon Amarth...he got me into GnR and Zeppelin when I was young and helped keep me away from rap, so I dont see what the big problem of liking a band your dad likes is.
----
- George Carlin
04.05.2007 - 02:18
APOHAKC
The Bard
I was not serious
----
04.05.2007 - 02:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 04.05.2007 at 02:18

I was not serious

Oh sorry...I really cant read internet sarcasm. But it still doesnt answer my question as to why someone would choose Saxon over WASP, and thats not an insult to Saxon either, I genuinly want to know why.
----
- George Carlin
04.05.2007 - 16:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Doc G. on 04.05.2007 at 02:56

Written by APOHAKC on 04.05.2007 at 02:18

I was not serious

Oh sorry...I really cant read internet sarcasm. But it still doesnt answer my question as to why someone would choose Saxon over WASP, and thats not an insult to Saxon either, I genuinly want to know why.

I wasn't sarcastic eather.. Well I dunno, WASP are legends and I know more WASP fans than Saxon fans here, but I heard Saxon first and I am into that early English heavy metal so that is where my vote came from. When WASP had concert here it was sold out and Saxon is playing in three mounths and ticket sale is very bad, tey gig was canceled a week ago, because they canceled some gigs in Greece or Macedonia, they didn't sold enough tickets. So, votes on metalstorm means nothing
----
04.05.2008 - 14:12
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
W.A.S.P >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saxon
16.01.2009 - 19:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
Wow.. Saxon rulez W.A.S.P badly, I mean there is no challenge there for Saxon lol

All Saxon songs and Albums are superior to W.A.S.P
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
19.01.2009 - 09:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guib on 16.01.2009 at 19:51

Wow.. Saxon rulez W.A.S.P badly, I mean there is no challenge there for Saxon lol

How many WASP albums have you actually heard? Because vocals alone WASP blows Saxon out of the water. Saxon has some pretty decent riffs and are probably equal with WASP in that aspect. But frankly 'The Last Command' and 'The Crimson Idol' (which is a freaking masterpiece if you ever get around to hearing it) are probably better than either bands other material...(well, haven't heard 100% of Saxons stuff, but enough to judge who had the overall better career)

"Rulez" bahaha. Probably just another glam basher.
----
- George Carlin
19.01.2009 - 21:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Doc G. on 19.01.2009 at 09:03

How many WASP albums have you actually heard? Because vocals alone WASP blows Saxon out of the water. Saxon has some pretty decent riffs and are probably equal with WASP in that aspect. But frankly 'The Last Command' and 'The Crimson Idol' (which is a freaking masterpiece if you ever get around to hearing it) are probably better than either bands other material...(well, haven't heard 100% of Saxons stuff, but enough to judge who had the overall better career)

Uh sorry there I am no Glam Basher.. I Just said I prefered Saxon thats all
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.01.2009 - 02:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Quote:
Written by Guib on 19.01.2009 at 21:30

Uh sorry there I am no Glam Basher.. I Just said I prefered Saxon thats all

Sounded like you were trying to state it as a fact.
----
- George Carlin
20.01.2009 - 06:28
Richard
Elite

Absolutely, The Crimson Idol is an excellent concept album. Arguably a bit cheesy in terms of The Who-style storyline, perhaps, but it's still quite genuinely moving despite the melodrama - for instance, the lyrics in The Invisible Boy, and the delicate acoustic moments in other songs.
----
20.01.2009 - 07:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Richard on 20.01.2009 at 06:28

Absolutely, The Crimson Idol is an excellent concept album. Arguably a bit cheesy in terms of The Who-style storyline, perhaps, but it's still quite genuinely moving despite the melodrama - for instance, the lyrics in The Invisible Boy, and the delicate acoustic moments in other songs.

Yeah I always found Blackies concept albums to be really sappy. But despite cheesy story writing, the song writing in The Crimson Idol is incredible, my personal favorite is "Chainsaw Charlie (Murders In The New Morgue)".
----
- George Carlin
20.10.2009 - 03:57
saurabhzutshi
Saxon any day man. W.A.S.P. was nothing but a flavour of the month kind of a band
----
UP THE IRONS
21.10.2009 - 11:07
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by saurabhzutshi on 20.10.2009 at 03:57

Saxon any day man. W.A.S.P. was nothing but a flavour of the month kind of a band

Flavour of the month?! Despite still releasing decent albums...(well, The Neon God was good, Dominator was lack-lustre, haven't heard Babylon yet).

But 6 extremely solid albums spread out over 27 years isn't exactly what I'd call "flavour of the month". Admittedly they did have a few bad albums, but they're not what I'd consider a one-hit-wonder act.
----
- George Carlin
21.10.2009 - 11:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 21.10.2009 at 11:07

...Admittedly they did have a few bad albums....

But then again so did Saxon.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.10.2009 - 11:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.10.2009 at 11:13

Any band that has been around for more than 15 years (and releases albums fairly regularly) is bound to have at least 1 bad album.
----
- George Carlin
21.10.2009 - 11:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 21.10.2009 at 11:15

Any band that has been around for more than 15 years (and releases albums fairly regularly) is bound to have at least 1 bad album.

I would dare to say Saxon actually has quite a few. (Crusader, Rock The Nations, Destiny, Solid Ball Of Rock, Dogs Of War, Innocence I No Excuse) they went through a horrific patch from 1984 till 2001
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.10.2009 - 11:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.10.2009 at 11:27

Written by Doc G. on 21.10.2009 at 11:15

I would dare to say Saxon actually has quite a few. (Crusader, Rock The Nations, Destiny, Solid Ball Of Rock, Dogs Of War, Innocence I No Excuse) they went through a horrific patch from 1984 till 2001

Yeah...WASP is more patchy - they haven't exactly gone on a shit-streak ever, but it's almost a pattern of every couple albums they release a piece of shit.
----
- George Carlin
11.05.2011 - 19:15
avigruss
WoW! Very difficult to choose!
Anyway I say Wasp
14.05.2011 - 00:33
Ghostdancer
I prefer W.A.S.P. Saxon just does not appeal to me. Don't care for the vocals or guitars much at all. As a matter of fact, prolonged exposure makes me irritable!
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
14.05.2011 - 00:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast

i know, it's an old post, but imo Byff Byford is way better than Blackie ever was. Blackie has something like 3 vocal moods: shout, melodramatic and sleazy, while Byford is more versatile. now, if you're talking also about the creative use of backing vocals and epic as hell multi-layering WASP does, than yeah, they're better than Saxon in this respect(they don't even do layerings though, except for that cheesy-as-hell bit on the song "Denim and Leather"- "you can always be a singer, like me and front the band!").

anyway i'm pretty torn on this. Saxon, while not quite consistent, has proven to be able to rock everything to pieces if they really want to. but then again WASP is far more consistent in discography and have written better anthems (although it's hard to top stuff like "Crusader" or "Strong Arm of the Law"). so i think WASP wins this one.
30.06.2011 - 22:16
Damshak
Saxon
His solos of guitar is better that of the W.A.S.P.
10.03.2012 - 15:55
Both are awesome but you can't compare these two bands because of their different styles.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
12.03.2012 - 01:16
Sentinel65
I think Saxon are much better.
16.03.2012 - 06:22
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Seems like two band that really shouldnt be compared but i will go with WASP. I heard of them before Saxon and they just have more songs that i enjoy. Headless Children, Forever Free and Mean Man are my favortie songs by them.
17.03.2012 - 01:16
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Greetings from 2012.

Also, THIS^^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS