Metal Storm logo
Video Games You're Playing

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 27.01.2015 - 20:05
Has anyone played E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy? It seems like the best worst game ever, or worst best game ever, or something like that.

01.04.2021 - 01:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Deadsoulman on 18.03.2021 at 16:02

I'm still trying to find the guts to start this one. I loved Demon's Souls and Dark Souls mainly because they rewarded caution and you could sort of tank your way in if needed. But I'm kind of a wimp when I play video games and I panic easily, so I've always been wary of BB's attack-driven, fast-paced gameplay, absence of shield and Lovecraftian horror art. So it's gathering dust next to my PS4, waiting for me to grow a pair. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though.

So two weeks later, probably sunk another 10 hours into this. Haven't defeated the next boss yet - got WREKT twice - but have leveled up myself and weapon. The general layout is understood and at the point last Saturday I played after knocking back a couple liters of fine Brazilian craft cerveja and was able to do pretty well, died once due to a doom decision. Other than that, it's just fun exploring.

Honestly, difficulty spike at the start is hard but once you figure out how to pick the big clusterfuck of baddies into smaller groups/patrols, it gets much easier. And the game is surprisingly generous with Blood Vials (heals).

Give it a go. Wait until the wife and little ones are in bed, fire up something like Nortt in the background and go. Get accustomed to that initial spike and it is really fun just to explore the horrors.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.04.2021 - 20:09
ylside
Staff
Finished Wizardry 8.
Hard to get into at first, but rewarding after that. Good game
07.04.2021 - 23:48
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by ylside on 04.04.2021 at 20:09

Finished Wizardry 8.

wow. blast from the past. one of the first games i played on my first pc back in (cough) '94 (cough) was the predecessor, Crusaders of the Dark Savant. Still make jokes with my brother about that game. Never finished, never will. Bought it on GOG, but so hard to go back 25 years in computing games.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.04.2021 - 12:16
ylside
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 07.04.2021 at 23:48

Written by ylside on 04.04.2021 at 20:09

Finished Wizardry 8.

wow. blast from the past. one of the first games i played on my first pc back in (cough) '94 (cough) was the predecessor, Crusaders of the Dark Savant. Still make jokes with my brother about that game. Never finished, never will. Bought it on GOG, but so hard to go back 25 years in computing games.

Wizardry 8 has quite ugly proto-3D but bearable
The voice acting alone is worth it though..., 10/10 !
The voices you choose for your character end up making most of the fun in the game... really well made and funny
08.04.2021 - 19:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by ylside on 08.04.2021 at 12:16

Wizardry 8 has quite ugly proto-3D but bearable
The voice acting alone is worth it though..., 10/10 !
The voices you choose for your character end up making most of the fun in the game... really well made and funny

Mostly just console now - nice comfy couch, big tv, and hate gaming on the lappy as opposed to old Dark Helmet. But retro are doable. Got the 6 & 7 Bundle, but not 8. might have to check it out. 7 just had really annoying screeching monsters. And, now that I think about it, thank fuck Brother T'shober wasn't voice acted.

Those games are absolutely merciless, though. Almost no direction and, back at the time, outside of a book the size of a Hemingway novel, no real way to get clues or help.
----

08.04.2021 - 23:53
ylside
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 08.04.2021 at 19:18

Mostly just console now - nice comfy couch, big tv, and hate gaming on the lappy as opposed to old Dark Helmet. But retro are doable. Got the 6 & 7 Bundle, but not 8. might have to check it out. 7 just had really annoying screeching monsters. And, now that I think about it, thank fuck Brother T'shober wasn't voice acted.

Those games are absolutely merciless, though. Almost no direction and, back at the time, outside of a book the size of a Hemingway novel, no real way to get clues or help.

It's not that user friendly indeed, I wonder whether it's good or bad... I didn't play 6 or 7.
Well, check for yourself : (Male Burly A is one of the best lol) - changes the experience by itself

If console only, have you tried Outer Wilds ? If not, I highly highly recommend... approved by Deadsoulman too
09.04.2021 - 00:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by ylside on 08.04.2021 at 23:53

If console only, have you tried Outer Wilds ? If not, I highly highly recommend... approved by Deadsoulman too

Will check the audio later.

Have Outer Wilds, played for about an hour. Liked it, but didn't grab me like some other games have.

Thanks to the External Hard Drive crash, little less flexible with games now. Have only 380gb rather than 1.8tb to play with. Will probably swap something out for it and give it some more time. Might be a nice cool down game.

For now, Spring Sale had Dark Souls III on sale for $14.99 so went and bought that. Beat the first boss and got to a staging area/hub, but not likely to toy around with that one for a while as absolutely enthralled by Bloodborne at the moment.
----

09.04.2021 - 11:06
Deadsoulman
Elite

Approved indeed! Although like I told you, I got so desperately lost that I just put it on the backburner and it's stayed there for quite a few months now. But I'm definitely going to start it over at some point, and hopefully complete it this time.

Speaking of Outer Wilds, I got Subnautica for free last week and clocked in a few hours, kind of Outer Wilds underwater with survival features. Once you get past the first few deaths by dehydration/starvation, it's a really nice exploration/archaeology game. I'm liking it a lot at the moment.
10.04.2021 - 15:11
ylside
Staff
Written by Deadsoulman on 09.04.2021 at 11:06

Approved indeed! Although like I told you, I got so desperately lost that I just put it on the backburner and it's stayed there for quite a few months now. But I'm definitely going to start it over at some point, and hopefully complete it this time.

Speaking of Outer Wilds, I got Subnautica for free last week and clocked in a few hours, kind of Outer Wilds underwater with survival features. Once you get past the first few deaths by dehydration/starvation, it's a really nice exploration/archaeology game. I'm liking it a lot at the moment.

Better to restart for Outer Wilds indeed, as it's mostly the player who "figures things out", and not things happening in the game - if that makes sense.

Haha I also played Subnautica after Outer Wilds (with a very... "special" game called The Witness in between), I liked Subnautica a lot, you're in for great fun - Exploration is very rewarding, although I changed the play mode to disable dehydration / starvation. Very good game, if not for some blueprints that I kept looking for for a long time.. (but that's just me).

Btw, you can find "Time Capsules" in subnautica, which can contain anything that was put there by previous players who finished the game. There's a chance you might find the one I left, with some useful objects (I mention Morocco in the message left with it lol).
When I found one of them for the first time - I didn't understand, as some had some very sarcastic messages, I thought at first that it was some cheap fourth wall breaking messages from the game developers.
19.04.2021 - 14:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
People talk about re make of Red dead 1 and even Red dead 3 comming

I found Mafia IV trailer

This can be super cool game to me, big, more thinking, building, earning money and missions, story line, huge map and well I hope it will be on PC.
new medal of honor was not damn
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.04.2021 - 12:58
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Currently playing BOTW again, it's such an addictive game, I just can't stop playing
23.04.2021 - 12:54
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Roman Doez on 22.04.2021 at 12:58

Currently playing BOTW again, it's such an addictive game, I just can't stop playing

I've only just started playing Breath Of The Wild with the kids (we're just a couple of hours past the prologue) and I must admit I have to refrain from playing by myself when they're doing something else Looks totally addictive indeed.
23.04.2021 - 13:07
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by Deadsoulman on 23.04.2021 at 12:54

I've only just started playing Breath Of The Wild with the kids (we're just a couple of hours past the prologue) and I must admit I have to refrain from playing by myself when they're doing something else Looks totally addictive indeed.

I'm like 85h into the game and still find stuff to do, it's incredible how well crafted it is
23.04.2021 - 13:32
Deadsoulman
Elite
I'm not surprised, even after only a few hours, the sheer size and the scope of the world are almost overwhelming, there seems to be stuff to do behind every tree and under every stone. Looks like you could clock in dozens (hundreds?) of hours doing meaningful stuff without ever touching on the main story.
23.04.2021 - 19:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Well a month after kick-off, received two of the three endings to Bloodborne (cheesed it and downloaded my cloud save to get the 2nd finish rather than played again or ng+), botched a shot at the 3rd ending, so concurrent to my primary character now playing through the Old Hunters DLC (3 of 5 bosses downed, got the 4th down to 10% on my first go) and have a second character about 75% done with the original game and having met the conditions for that elusive third ending.

Weird game in that most of the new places at a certain point (after a forest) are really hard and total roadblocks. for a day or two, then suddenly plow through a bunch of stuff until the next.

Also had been playing online, switched to offline. In a rather difficult part towards the very end of the game was embroiled in a battle with two giant piggies when some dbag invaded. I was underleveled compared to them, battling two pigs, in my first try through that particular area of the zone, and on my 5th half-liter of 7% or higher Brazilian craft beer. And got within two hits of killing the bastard.

I vaguely remember getting pissed as my blood echoes were wiped away and muttering "I hope yer mommy gives you a gold star for that, remove either pigs or cervejas from the equation and i've have destroyed you."
----

24.04.2021 - 17:04
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 23.04.2021 at 19:16

Well a month after kick-off, received two of the three endings to Bloodborne

Well, that was fast You've really been at it or is BB shorter than the rest of the Souls? I think my first Demons Souls playthrough took me 40-50 hours to complete, Dark Souls a little bit less. From what I got, DS 2 and 3 are pretty much in the same ballpark.
24.04.2021 - 18:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Deadsoulman on 24.04.2021 at 17:04

Well, that was fast You've really been at it or is BB shorter than the rest of the Souls? I think my first Demons Souls playthrough took me 40-50 hours to complete, Dark Souls a little bit less. From what I got, DS 2 and 3 are pretty much in the same ballpark.

Both those things. Apparently it is shorter in general and perhaps coupled with the more frenetic pace it is sped up even more. None of this defend defend defend cower behind shield defend stab the boss in the ass defend defend defend stuff.

Also the pull and allure of exploring the game while being locked in the apartment during a pandemic which was killing 3,000-4,000 people a day here played a factor. Honestly debating going for the Plat, though apparently the Chalice Dungeons I'd need to get through are the equivalent of several levels of NG+.

Still occasionally pick up DS3 but after getting to your shrine, I cannot take out Gucci Samurai so no clue what to do next.
----

29.04.2021 - 19:01
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
So dumped Dark Souls 3. Was some degree of fun, killed Gucci Samurai (rather, gravity did), got to level 25 or so, got the mimic to chase me until the dragon reduced it to ash, and to the next boss. Able to beat - or at least get past - most enemies in that zone, though still have a blinding hatred of shield wielders. Got the boss about 60% down first go despite being down a flask or two. Tried again to see if a more agile character might be my speed, kept getting smashed by Iuddx because his weapons have insane speed, damage and range - both in distance away as well as area around him covered by attacks - while my weapons did a paltry 50-60 points a shot.

Not that I don't like a challenge - blasting through Bloodborne proved that, even if I still cannot beat the Orphan of Kos - enjoyed wandering about the levels, but just have a serious dislike and disinterest in playing a game whereby defeating a boss is a three way war of attrition - my health, his health and the battery charge on my controller.

I just don't want to piss away my time on continuous waiting for an opening, plink, plink, run away and resume. Perhaps that's why I liked Bloodborne so much. Adequately equipped, the boss fights - particularly former hunters like Gascoigne & Lady Maria - are fun, fast, furious, nasty, brutish and short*. Either one of us is capable of demolishing the other in short order. Let's get it on.

So I guess I'm MSD, the anti-DeadSoulMan in this regard. Forget the Sun, Fear the Old Blood.

Replaced the hard drive space with the $4,99 on sale Yakuza Kiwami. Now I'm smashing people all over Kamurocho, though still haven't been able to trigger some awesome Heat action near a parked car like in Yakuza 0, which might be my fave finisher of all time.

*Micolash aside, I hate that fight and it was so much fun cheesing him the second go around with a Skill/Blood build, a highly fortified Evelyn in my shootin' hand and 16 blood vials to burn for more ammo.
----

01.05.2021 - 14:09
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Found my dad's nintendo 64, currently playing through Ocarina Of Time
05.05.2021 - 12:26
IronAngel
I recently picked up Morrowind to continue a save that I started several years ago in an earnest attempt to finish the main quest even once. True Dunmer paragon, Nerevar reborn, out to restore Vvardenfell's glory days. Drove out the mages guild as Telvanni arch magister after becoming the archmage and learning their secrets (woo mods), leader of the Temple (only to purge it of course), learning from modern imperial ways but reclaiming Ashlander traditions and local identity. Was making good progress, but then Oblivion was on sale on GOG and I started it with my wife, only to get drawn into Enderal: Forgotten Stories. And from there, into Skyrim proper. Between those three, I spent like a week modding. I haven't finished any of them, although I have thousands of hours in Morrowind, maybe 500 in Oblivion and a few in Skyrim. (Played Enderal when it was still a plugin, but it was too unstable on my load order.) This time I'll do them all.

In retrospect, I'm still convinced Morrowind is objectively the best game. Modded Skyrim (Ordinator etc.) is the most fun for character building and combat, although it's mostly interesting for testing concepts and gets old. Oblivion has its charms (namely the comedy of idiotic NPCs and voice acting), but I feel like it doesn't do anything better than the other two: it's lost the magic of Morrowind but didn't really get Skyrim's modernized gameplay in exchange. The dungeons and Oblivion gates are dreadful, the menus are horrible, and combat doesn't feel dynamic. I don't really remember the faction quests, though, so maybe they'll turn out to be a winner.

But Enderal, damn. The story is a bit awkward and heavy-handed in its themes, and it requires a completionist mindset to keep up with the difficulty, but the map design is so much better than even Morrowind. Dense, interconnected, unleveled, makes sense and has so many secrets to explore. Kind of like a modern Gothic. The leveling system is cool and much better than vanilla Skyrim (though not as fun as with Ordinator and full Enai suite). As long as you own Skyrim, you can download it from Steam as a standalone, no need to even install Skryim. I heartily recommend it. (Again; I seem to have said the same in 2016.)
05.05.2021 - 17:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by IronAngel on 05.05.2021 at 12:26

Elder Scrolls

Somehow missed the boat on Elder Scrolls until getting Skyrim on PS4. Yeah, that late. Have both Oblivion and Morrowind now for Lappy, but so antiquated it's difficult. I really cannot wait for those collective supermods, Skyblivion and Skywind. Amusingly as massive projects as they are being undertaken by volunteers in their spare time, will likely still be done before Bethesda gets around to Elder Scrolls (7)6.
----

05.05.2021 - 18:18
majormalfunction
Written by IronAngel on 05.05.2021 at 12:26

I recently picked up Morrowind to continue a save that I started several years ago in an earnest attempt to finish the main quest even once.

I also started to play it again last month. Played it a lot back in the day (2003-2006) and now I play the openMW version with a few "lore-friendly" mods added, tried to keep it as original as possible. I think it has aged extremely well. A true RPG titan with deep lore, fantastic architecture and world design, moving soundtrack and lots and lots of things to do. I never really liked Oblivion or Skyrim.. while both have better gameplay they somehow feel generic and lacks the depth from Morrowind. Those Oblivion gates and NPC faces and dialogue are what nightmares are made of.

I'm also playing the first Splinter Cell once again. The level designs are still excellent but some of the gameplay mechanics feels dated.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
07.05.2021 - 10:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Finished Red Dead 2, not 100% but maybe 90% close to, dont remember. I am happy, it was long journey. New Austin has cool landscapes, but well Tumbleweed kheee no way.
Good game, happy whit it, I hope that RD3 will come out.
Hmmm Sadie Adler story. Flashback whit Dutch van der Linde as main character. Arthur in RD1 era? John Marston in RD2 era? Indian what was his name? I hope they manage do it

No start mafia 1 remake. Still not so happy as I thought I will be when I heard news.
----

11.05.2021 - 10:58
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 29.04.2021 at 19:01

So I guess I'm MSD, the anti-DeadSoulMan in this regard. Forget the Sun, Fear the Old Blood.

That sounds like a horrible disease. So that makes me what, BrightCYoung?
11.05.2021 - 11:04
Deadsoulman
Elite
Written by Bad English on 07.05.2021 at 10:19

Finished Red Dead 2, not 100% but maybe 90% close to, dont remember. I am happy, it was long journey. New Austin has cool landscapes, but well Tumbleweed kheee no way.
Hmmm Sadie Adler story. Flashback whit Dutch van der Linde as main character. Arthur in RD1 era? John Marston in RD2 era? Indian what was his name? I hope they manage do it

I'm still a bit undecided on this one. I'm about 2/3 into the story and I'd like to complete it mainly to see how it ties into RDR1, plus the open world is beautiful and a real pleasure to just roam in, but on the other hand the story takes way too long to unfold and the gameplay is slow, clunky and generally a pain in the ass. So yeah, the environment is really nice, but it's not a pleasant game to play.
11.05.2021 - 11:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadsoulman on 11.05.2021 at 11:04

Written by Bad English on 07.05.2021 at 10:19

I'm still a bit undecided on this one. I'm about 2/3 into the story and I'd like to complete it mainly to see how it ties into RDR1, plus the open world is beautiful and a real pleasure to just roam in, but on the other hand the story takes way to long to unfold and the gameplay is slow, clunky and generally a pain in the ass. So yeah, the environment is really nice, but it's not a pleasant game to play.

To me its one of best. Good we have fast travel, because riding in a world, takes pain in the ass. I did not complete hunting request, gambler channelings , discovered all things and found animals, plants. Will leave this some time while start it again, I tock maybe 10 months to me finish it.
----

12.05.2021 - 23:55
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Deadsoulman on 11.05.2021 at 10:58

That sounds like a horrible disease. So that makes me what, BrightCYoung?

SweetCYoung. Guess the C remains the same for us both.
----

23.05.2021 - 03:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Partway through Mass Effect 2 after smashing the OG game within a week of the Legendary edition. So good to have the gang back together.

and as better as ME:A's combat was, as intuitively as it worked on console controllers and the worlds themselves were, the latest edition didn't hold a candle to even the janky original in terms of story or characters. Just hearing Anderson again was like someone cutting onions in the apartamento.
----

12.06.2021 - 11:14
Metren
Dreadrealm
I've played around 200h of Valheim in recent weeks. The good news is that it's a survival game truly done right, the bad news is that the creators appear to be resting on their laurels and new content has been significantly delayed. However, when I made a silly a rap song about my Valheim experience, their official account on Twitter gave it a like, so I can forgive them and be patient for the time being.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
16.06.2021 - 20:36
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Spent 30h on KoTOR in 4 days, absolute blast of a game I loved it