- Possessonica
- Sigma 5
14.11.2006 - 05:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Rata Blanca
Kraken
Mago de Oz (Which I dislike)
In extremo has one song in spanish: Sefardim.
Ill Nino has some songs in spanish.

But I have a question... Does anyone know a melodic (power, gothic) band that sing only in italian? I'm very interesed since I'm learning the language.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
14.11.2006 - 15:56
Destryphior
Well as a fenno-swede there's that I know of two bands singing in fenno-swedish, and that is Finntroll and Turisas, but as if swedish also would be counted there's a number of bands, Vintersorg, In Extremo has one song and quite alot of swedish bands that i can't recall now...
07.12.2006 - 22:41
AssassiNation
Account deleted
Obtest, Andaja, Soul Brothers, SBS, Diktatura.
09.12.2006 - 06:40
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Gaias Pendulum is one of the best colombian gothic bands, they sing some songs in spanish
Quetzalcoatl by Therion has the chorus sung in spanish and there's a version of Lacrimosa, Durch Nacht Und Flut sung is spanish, I was surprised when I first heard it, really surprised!!
That's what I remember for the moment
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.01.2007 - 15:39
DL-Lauri
Account deleted
Rytmihäiriö
www.surmacore.com
http://www.myspace.com/rytmihairio

Edit: This band is something between punk, thrash metal and hardcore. They call their style as "surmacore". They're singing about killing people mainly.
06.01.2007 - 15:40
wrathchild
Staff
Hum, rather than listing band names, could you all mention their styles and what exactly they're singing about? This could save this thread...

To all those who posted before, please edit your posts!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
06.01.2007 - 19:42
Keoren
Account deleted
Written by Destryphior on 14.11.2006 at 15:56

Well as a fenno-swede there's that I know of two bands singing in fenno-swedish, and that is Finntroll and Turisas

Hmm? I don't recall Turisas singing in Swedish.
09.01.2007 - 16:07
Destryphior
Well they sing in swedish in Rexi Regi Rebellis
09.01.2007 - 16:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=18399] on 07.12.2006 at 22:41

Obtest, Andaja, Soul Brothers, SBS, Diktatura.

No way also Antigone, good band from Lithainia and there was Agni IMO too what sings in Lithainain and those was good bands www.ferrum.lt rulles
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.01.2007 - 16:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 06.01.2007 at 15:40

Hum, rather than listing band names, could you all mention their styles and what exactly they're singing about? This could save this thread...

To all those who posted before, please edit your posts!

IMO this tread arnt usefull anymore because names, names, names and how many soutamericsns post same bands IMO there are MA where pll can search for bands, because its not interesting read Rata Blance, Mago De Oz, .......... from 10 pll, but I still wate and hope soemone mantion some good bands in arab or chinease language whit good explonation why, because names, where I found band if thay wont be in MA
----

09.01.2007 - 16:48
matthioso
Vinternatt
style: Folk-inspired blackish metal with a tad of sexyness and melancholy
site:http://www.vinternatt.be/

Ancient Rites
style:Viking Black Metal
site: http://www.ancientrites.be/

--> Some of their songs are dutch, some are partly in dutch (mostly it's written in the "old flemish" language)
----
www.seedofrock.be
09.01.2007 - 16:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by matthioso on 09.01.2007 at 16:48

Vinternatt

Ancient Rites

--> Some of their songs are dutch, some are partly in dutch (mostly it's written in the "old flemish" language)

I know Ancient Rites i liv ethem, but Vintenatt its in french or flamish
when I wa schecking in MA all Belgian bands almoust all BM wa sin flamish, I found maybe 3 in french
----

09.01.2007 - 19:38
matthioso
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2007 at 16:52

Written by matthioso on 09.01.2007 at 16:48

Vinternatt

Ancient Rites

I know Ancient Rites i liv ethem, but Vintenatt its in french or flamish
when I wa schecking in MA all Belgian bands almoust all BM wa sin flamish, I found maybe 3 in french

Vinternatt is flemish. I know all the members is person
----
www.seedofrock.be
10.01.2007 - 11:40
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
In my previous post I forgot to mentioned Týr. They have a song in Danish.

Still haven't been able to find any bands who sings in Danish most of the time
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.01.2007 - 11:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 10.01.2007 at 11:40

But what the diference between Danish and langauge what thay speek in Fareo Islands
----

10.01.2007 - 11:48
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Bad English on 10.01.2007 at 11:43

Written by GT on 10.01.2007 at 11:40

But what the diference between Danish and langauge what thay speek in Fareo Islands

The Fareoese language is completly impossible to understand for Danes as well as anybody else. They have very different sounds, and the words aren't similar either. Maybe the difference isn't that big if you listen to the languages and can't understand either of them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.01.2007 - 13:54
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
From Portugal there's an awsome Gothic/Doom metal band called Insaniae. All their lyrics are in portuguese. They've only one album called "Outros Temem Os Que Esperam Pelo Medo Da Eternidade" (Other Fear Those Who Wait For The Fear Of Eternity) and all their songs are very great with lyrics about life. Their best song is "Sangue, Medo, Doença e Dependência - A História Da Vida E Da Morte" (Blood, Fear, Sickness And Dependency - The History Of Life And Death".
There's also an Heavy Metal / Hard Rock band called Arya who sings both in english and portuguese (their first album is in portuguese, the last in english and the second is a double cd with the same songs both in portuguese and english).
Filii Nigrantium Infernalium is a Black Metal band who sings only in Portuguese.
Moonspell has some songs in Portuguese too (Trebaruna, Os Senhores da Guerra...) and so has Hyubris, an awsome Folk/Gothic Metal band [listen to the song called "Fadas (Creio Nelas)"].
Desire, the best portuguese doom metal band, has also some songs in Portuguese (they've a lovely poem in portuguese in their song "Dark Angel Bird (A Poet Of Tragedies)".
Invoke (Melodic Black Metal) have a great song in portuguese called "Solidão" (Solitude) and Malevolence too, a song called "Martyrialized".
The song "Devastação" (Devastation) from the Heavy Metal band Morbid Death is also very great.
And there are more bands who sing in portuguese, most of them of hard rock or black metal. And, of course, there's the "Agro" Metal joke band called Ukurrale.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
10.01.2007 - 14:07
Eternal Flames
Well despite being from Australia, my "mother tongue" is actually Croatian. Now, I don't know too many bands that sing in Croatia, however there is Alogia, who sing in Serbian (first two albums). Now, despite not being the same language, I still can speak and understand Serbian. Alogia are a great power/progressive metal band. They've released three albums so far, with the first two being sung in Croatia and the third album is in English.

Also, Osmi Putnik is another great band that actually sing in Croatian. They're a heavy metal band with four albums released so far. They've been around for quite a while, however I've only heard them recently and have really enjoyed their stuff.
10.01.2007 - 14:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
Just discovered Månegarm which sings in swedish, without doubt the best "swedish-lyrics-band" I've heard!
----
10.01.2007 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Eternal Flames on 10.01.2007 at 14:07

Well despite being from Australia, my "mother tongue" is actually Croatian. Now, I don't know too many bands that sing in Croatia, however there is Alogia, who sing in Serbian (first two albums). Now, despite not being the same language, I still can speak and understand Serbian. Alogia are a great power/progressive metal band. They've released three albums so far, with the first two being sung in Croatia and the third album is in English.

Also, Osmi Putnik is another great band that actually sing in Croatian. They're a heavy metal band with four albums released so far. They've been around for quite a while, however I've only heard them recently and have really enjoyed their stuff.

Hahah from Australia are band Silovanje what a name

Also try Abonos gothic band from Serbia I had video ''U Krasnjoma Abonosa'' good song but what it means In treas Of Abonoss

Alos Cera Udovica(e) dunno corect sings in Croatian www.serbian-metal.org imo ist corect you will find good info, i raed there since site are in latin but serbain I get something good there
----

11.01.2007 - 01:54
Eternal Flames
Written by Bad English on 10.01.2007 at 16:24

Also try Abonos gothic band from Serbia I had video ''U Krasnjoma Abonosa'' good song but what it means In treas Of Abonoss

Alos Cera Udovica(e) dunno corect sings in Croatian www.serbian-metal.org imo ist corect you will find good info, i raed there since site are in latin but serbain I get something good there

Yes, Silovanje is a grind band from Adelaide. Such a great name. For those of you who don't know, Silovanje means rape. Anyway, I have heard Abonos. I just forgot to mention them. They are a great band. As for "U Krosnjama Abonosa" a definition of it could be "Trees/Treetops of Abonos". And as for Crna Udovica, it translates to Black Widow.
11.01.2007 - 11:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Eternal Flames on 11.01.2007 at 01:54

Written by Bad English on 10.01.2007 at 16:24

Yes, Silovanje is a grind band from Adelaide. Such a great name. For those of you who don't know, Silovanje means rape. Anyway, I have heard Abonos. I just forgot to mention them. They are a great band. As for "U Krosnjama Abonosa" a definition of it could be "Trees/Treetops of Abonos". And as for Crna Udovica, it translates to Black Widow.

Well its be great band name for grind fans Silovanje Mozog, braine rape hahha Abonos are unique band but one female mamber left it Ed Hunter saw them in Kula or some othet town and yeah Crna Udovice are good too,
BTW in serbian-metal.org are mp3 too and god info but well I understand 40% of yugoslavic
----

11.01.2007 - 12:16
Loreley
Account deleted
language?i have very much:
english:
Ensiferum
Turisas
Within Temptation
Sirenia
the sins of thy beloved
Summoning(plus orks language)

German:o_OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Rammstein
Eisbrecher
In Extremo
Tanzwut
Megaherz

Russisch :
Temnozorj(andere sins scheisse)

Norwegian:
Vintersorg

Schwedish:
Finntroll

hä=)
Battle on witzh the trust!
13.01.2007 - 01:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by un/heart/ed on 12.01.2007 at 13:53

Mezarkabul a.k.a Pentagram and Almora sing in Turkish. they also sing in English. pentagram rocks

Also Aaaarggg sorry thgis BM band dunno how spell
----

13.01.2007 - 02:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=18784] on 11.01.2007 at 12:16

language?i have very much:
english:
Ensiferum
Turisas
Within Temptation
Sirenia
the sins of thy beloved
Summoning(plus orks language)

German:o_OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Rammstein
Eisbrecher
In Extremo
Tanzwut
Megaherz

Russisch :
Temnozorj(andere sins scheisse)

Norwegian:
Vintersorg

Schwedish:
Finntroll

hä=)
Battle on witzh the trust!

English dont counts BTW

German XIV Dark centuries are good folk band and also soem Empyrium songs but german BM scene and golk are full whit Geramn singing bands, dont ask names, i dont remeber, but I know there are a lot of them almoust ewery Geramn BM demo band has songs in german language and I like read lyrics to just for fun because its always interesting read how BM lyrics sound sin other languages(if I understand)

Russian - where you learn it?
Ok I wont czceh all bands what I know but Arkona are prity good
I know tehre are a lot of BM and folk band but I just wanna mention one good Belarrusian doom band Medea who sings in russian
I knwo fiew bands but since I dunno kyrlic(can read greek) but understand russian i dont search so much about scene because kyrlic raped greek letter

and Of corse Aria

Norvegian and swedish to many bto mention
----

13.01.2007 - 03:55
Judas
The Amputator
Well, I don't know of a single band that sings in my mother tongue of Marathi, nor in my 2nd language of Hindi! English, my 3rd language, doesn't count, so the only language I can actually speak fluently that bands also sing in would have to be French! I have a total of 0% French blood in me, but my girlfriend is French, so that'll do.

There were many Heavy Metal bands in the 80s that sang in French. Some of the better known ones are:

Blasphème
H-Bomb
High Power
Killers
Sortilège
Trust
Voie de Fait
Vulcain

These days, there aren't as many bands that sing in French, probably because Metal isn't that popular in France. A few that I have come across are:

Belenos (Black Metal)
Manigance (Heavy Metal)
Furia (Death Metal)
Misanthrope (Progressive Death Metal)

I'm sure there are some others from Canada, or Belgium, or Switzerland, that sing in French too, but I haven't really come across them.

I don't know if this counts either, seeing as I'm not fluent in Sanksrit, but both Marathi and Hindi are derived from Sanksrit. The only band that I know of that sings, at least partially, in Sanksrit, is Rudra, a Thrashy Death Metal band from Singapore. I had heard of another band from India doing a similar thing, but I've forgotten their name...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
13.01.2007 - 12:19
APOHAKC
The Bard
The Stone - Black Metal (Most of their songs are in Serbian)
May Result - Black Metal (There are many songs in Serbish)
Posmrtna Liturgija - Black Metal (First album is in English except one song, all other 100% Serbian)
Wolf's Hunger - Black Metal (80% Serbian language)
Hellburn - Black Metal
Dimholt - Black Metal
Black Funeral - Black Metal (Very old band, they had many problem because of their name but they don't sound even close to Dark Funeral)
Heller - Trash Metal
Abonos - Gothic/Doom
Alogia - Power/Progressive
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
13.01.2007 - 16:05
Loreley
Account deleted
aria is shit,all knows that they are a clons of iron maidon...
13.01.2007 - 16:07
Loreley
Account deleted
turkish metal.hehehe...i say only NO!
13.01.2007 - 16:41
wrathchild
Staff
Written by [user id=18784] on 13.01.2007 at 16:07

turkish metal.hehehe...i say only NO!

And could we know why you say no to Turkish metal? Have you heard Pentagram for instance?
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz