Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
14.10.2006 - 00:33
Philaenas
Account deleted
Just hang in there, it will be released when the time is right
14.10.2006 - 05:05
Winter Death
Account deleted
Metalstorm says it is going to be released in November.
14.10.2006 - 05:18
Wo0dy
Account deleted
damn wintersun needs to come to the USA...
14.10.2006 - 05:32
Winter Death
Account deleted
I have been thinking the same thing. Did they tour here after the release of the first album?
14.10.2006 - 14:25
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Jari and his freekin personal studio! lol No mp3s of Time yet lol jk

Nah its gonna be good i just hope it comes out super soon! So far this year has been OK when it comes to how my most anticipated albums turned out. But i think "Time" will b e the make or break for me...ive been exicted most about this album and Im sure it will be great. But i dont think it will top the debut - its almost unthinkable that they can create a better album than that...
15.10.2006 - 15:07
GANG METALSTORM
The Wintersun album is masterpiece, if they still write music with same features, it ll be a next good one
22.10.2006 - 09:03
SerpentsBlood
Account deleted
Wintersun Is an amazing band as everyone has been saying... thats why I feel terrible that I've been resorting to downloading their songs online. I dont know where to buy their self-titled album other than online! I'm pumped for their new album too! I hope I'll be able to buy it without having to pay international shipping. I would greatly appreciate if somebody could advise (link) me on purchasing their album.
22.10.2006 - 12:47
Hyvaarin
The new album comes out in November, right? I had no idea it was due so soon .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
22.10.2006 - 22:08
SirHooke
Muah, finally got my special edition of the self-titled album :-D :-D
Now I can not only listen to their brilliance, but see it too!
Still waiting (inpatiently) for time to be released :-P
22.10.2006 - 22:13
yndsu
Account deleted
Wintersun is pretty good stuff......
specialy "Battle Against Time"
23.10.2006 - 02:44
SerpentsBlood
Account deleted
Written by SirHooke on 22.10.2006 at 22:08

How much did that actually cost?
24.10.2006 - 20:02
SirHooke
Written by [user id=17285] on 23.10.2006 at 02:44

Written by SirHooke on 22.10.2006 at 22:08

How much did that actually cost?

It cost me ?15.99, but I don't know how much dollars that is.
25.10.2006 - 07:28
SerpentsBlood
Account deleted
Hmmm... well 1 ? = 1.2582 $... so thats not too expensive. Thats about 20$. Do you have a $ sign on your keyboard? or a ? sign? If so... is it over the 4? (just curious)
25.10.2006 - 22:09
Mariela.
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 22.10.2006 at 12:47

I don't think so =/ it will be delayed with an half year at least =/
25.10.2006 - 22:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=17285] on 25.10.2006 at 07:28

Hmmm... well 1 ? = 1.2582 $... so thats not too expensive. Thats about 20$. Do you have a $ sign on your keyboard? or a ? sign? If so... is it over the 4? (just curious)

I have the '$' and it is over the 4, yes. Don't have the euro sign though. Yes, I did feel it was nessecary to answer, even though you were not talking to me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.10.2006 - 00:23
Deus Ex Machina
When i first heard their debut i wasn't that into it for some reason.Couldn't tell you why...really weird.But then after listening to it over and over,giving it some more attention i started seeing how good it actually is so now i can't wait to get the new album and i'll see Wintersun in 2 weeks with Amon Amarth and Tyr.I'm looking forward to Wintersun the most out of that three.I love 'em all but i can't wait to hear Sleeping stars and Beyond the dark sun performed live.
26.10.2006 - 02:22
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ That is weird. It clicked right away with me. The music was too good to be ignored.
26.10.2006 - 03:06
SerpentsBlood
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 25.10.2006 at 22:20

I have the '$' and it is over the 4, yes. Don't have the euro sign though. Yes, I did feel it was nessecary to answer, even though you were not talking to me.

No biggie. So when you want to indicate euros using ?, do you pull up the character map, or did you memorize the alt+numpad combo?
26.10.2006 - 12:44
Hyvaarin
Written by [user id=3041] on 25.10.2006 at 22:09

Written by Hyvaarin on 22.10.2006 at 12:47

I don't think so =/ it will be delayed with an half year at least =/

----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.10.2006 - 14:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Awww, didn't they first say that it was going to be released in September, then October and November ... and now suddenly it's August 07! It's sick!
----
26.10.2006 - 15:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by [user id=17285] on 26.10.2006 at 03:06

Written by Lucas on 25.10.2006 at 22:20

No biggie. So when you want to indicate euros using ?, do you pull up the character map, or did you memorize the alt+numpad combo?

None of them.

If I really need that sign, I search it in Word and copy-paste it, but usually I just type '28 euro's'.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.10.2006 - 07:59
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Am I the only one who is not madly in love with this band? I think Wintersun has some catchy hooks and riffs, but to be honest, I really have never felt it to be terribly innovative or interesting. It just seems that there are not many bands playing this form of music, so it seems interesting in that manner. I enjoy "Death and Healing" and a few other tracks, but I am still at a loss as to their attaining "masterpiece" status. I've tried on and off for the past 2 years to get into it on that level, but I'm failing to see it. I just took their debut release as simply that-- a good debut with a lot of potential, so I'll be interested to check out the newer work in 2007...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
15.11.2006 - 03:32
SerpentsBlood
Account deleted
Written by Jason W. on 30.10.2006 at 07:59

Am I the only one who is not madly in love with this band? I think Wintersun has some catchy hooks and riffs, but to be honest, I really have never felt it to be terribly innovative or interesting. It just seems that there are not many bands playing this form of music, so it seems interesting in that manner. I enjoy "Death and Healing" and a few other tracks, but I am still at a loss as to their attaining "masterpiece" status. I've tried on and off for the past 2 years to get into it on that level, but I'm failing to see it. I just took their debut release as simply that-- a good debut with a lot of potential, so I'll be interested to check out the newer work in 2007...

Its all in your taste of metal, no worries.

19.11.2006 - 01:20
I love this band, one of mi favorites, Jari Mäenpää is god.
20.11.2006 - 15:44
Judas
The Amputator
Well, he's not God (Hansi Kürsch, Kai Hansen and Thomas 'Samoth' Haugen have already claimed the roles of the Holy Trinity of Metal for me), but he's certainly a superhuman guitarist and songwriter. But what is NOT superhuman is the ridiculous delay on the new album, 'Time'! What the hell is going on? 1 year delay? Has the recording studio burnt down, or all of Jari's music been stolen, or what?
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
20.11.2006 - 16:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, I agree Judas! It's sick ... I wanna have Time NOW!
----
21.11.2006 - 15:05
TheDamned
Account deleted
Yeah , saw them opening for Amon Amarth yesterday . Was a bit disapointed , I love the album and can't wait for Time , the show was good but something was missing , I found myself more often looking at the stage doing nothing than headbanging or shouting . Maybe it was the sound . I'll have to see them again , with a longer show and better sound!
21.11.2006 - 15:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
You all should be happy that you at least get to see them live!! I was going to but then AA canceled their show here because damn CoB invited them on their tour! And when I saw the new dates for the concert, Wintersun will not longer open up for AA
----
21.11.2006 - 15:36
TheDamned
Account deleted
Don't get me wrong , I was happy to see them . But i'll be happier when I see a full concert . And Amon Amarth even without Wintersun is awesome , go see it !
22.11.2006 - 14:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by [user id=5657] on 21.11.2006 at 15:36

Don't get me wrong , I was happy to see them . But i'll be happier when I see a full concert . And Amon Amarth even without Wintersun is awesome , go see it !

Of course, Amon Amarth is an excellent band so I'm gonna buy my ticket very soon. But still, the reason why I bought an ticket first of all was to see Wintersun
----