Metal Storm logo
Best female vocal band (Not Growls)

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 02.07.2006 - 11:31
whats your favorite female vocal band, what band has better technique and of course what band has the best vocals

for me is After Forever , Floor has a beautiful voice even live its Flawless,the music is great too, one of the best bands ever...

Poll

who is better and more original

Nightwish
Other...
Epica
After Forever
The Gathering
Within Temptation
Lacuna Coil
Theatre Of Tragedy
Xandria

Total votes: 272
16.02.2007 - 15:19
aya
How low the votings of Dutch bands...
I voted Gathering \m/
16.02.2007 - 23:03
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Aneke, I don't like the other girls from this list a lot. Aneke have such sweet voice and she is very pleasent for listening
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
18.02.2007 - 17:58
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
I was torn between all of them, but I chose Epica. Simone's vocals are just hard to sing to, I mean, hit her note of singing. For me anyways.
18.02.2007 - 19:25
The Walrus
Moonsorrow
I voted for Nightwish , they are the most normal band there ..
My second choise is Lacuna Coil and third is Theater Of Tragedy , the other band's are IMO are gay's especially Within Temptation which is 90% pop
----
18.02.2007 - 20:23
Ernis
狼獾
I just have to point out the singer of Mandragora Scream...Morgan Lacroix....indeed you don't hear women with her mysterious voice very often....many female fronted bands tend to have sopranos or such..well....pretty pretty singing skylarks....Morgan is really unique compared to others....
Tarja from Nightwish is talented indeed.....but I still like Melissa Ferlaak much more...indeed...speaking of her voice...you just have to place two thumbs up...it seems calm...and always airy....like wind or fairies blowing in air....Liv Kristine....also good but not acceptable by all....I like her but sometimes her voice makes you tired....it becomes physically difficult to listen to her high pitched voice over and over again....otherwise...nothing bad to say....
20.02.2007 - 16:31
_reborn_
I voted Epica what can I say their music is amazing, but I also like Nightwish a lot.
20.02.2007 - 18:20
Angelstorm
Account deleted
I really like Nightwish and Epica a lot but I voted other. These days I've become a huge fan and supporter of Astarte. Especially their early works like Rise From Within and Doomed Dark Years. Tristessa is so talented also as she does most of the guitar work as well. I never used to like them that much before but now I really appreciate them specially considering the genre they are playing in.
24.02.2007 - 03:20
Oracle
Orcinus
Epica because they are one of my fav bands
09.03.2007 - 13:35
Tonks
Account deleted
It was next to impossible to make a choice here. I like female vocal bands and to choose from such a list is to betray smb. All in all Tarja is head&shoulders over them all. Though C Scabbia is cool as well
09.03.2007 - 15:29
arwestromen
I'm more of a Sinergy fan and it's bacause of the vocal it is more about their guitarplaying
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
09.03.2007 - 15:39
marillionfan
Account deleted
Anneke of The Gathering. Also worth mentioning are the female vocals of Stream of passion and Ambeon.
11.03.2007 - 16:51
Anathemani@c
Written by [user id=17278] on 09.03.2007 at 15:39

Anneke of The Gathering. Also worth mentioning are the female vocals of Stream of passion and Ambeon.

Couldnt agree more! Especially Anneke's voice is the best IMO in the metal world and the most characteristic one! So beautiful and emotional!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
26.03.2007 - 07:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Just got a Sinergy CD a few days ago and I must say its very good, and definitly needs worth mentioning in this poll.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.03.2007 - 19:18
Nusk
Angela Gossow without a doubt
27.03.2007 - 07:47
DarkMistress

The name of the girl in Stream Of Passion is Marcela Bovio, such a good mexican singer

and well, also not so known, this gothic band from mexico too (yeah, support to my awful country) Anabantha, this girl has also a nice voice for the genre
----
Wait in fire
27.03.2007 - 07:47
DarkMistress

The name of the girl in Stream Of Passion is Marcela Bovio, such a good mexican singer

and well, also not so known, this gothic band from mexico too (yeah, support to my awful country) Anabantha, this girl has also a nice voice for the genre
----
Wait in fire
27.03.2007 - 11:43
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Probably Astarte for me.. Or Ava Inferi.. Epica isn't bad I guess female vocals vise..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
27.03.2007 - 11:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 27.03.2007 at 11:43

Probably Astarte for me.. Or Ava Inferi.. Epica isn't bad I guess female vocals vise..

Xaxaxa greek band from Larissa
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.03.2007 - 12:59
PM
Hail Lusitânia
Diablo Swing Orchestra !!!
----
PM is a pink elephant, and can be found at the bamboo forests of Greenland...
28.03.2007 - 13:07
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 27.03.2007 at 11:52

Written by Himann on 27.03.2007 at 11:43

Xaxaxa greek band from Larissa

Astarte? Yes a greek band from Hellas..!!
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
28.03.2007 - 13:41
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Hard choice, there are many great names.. Id go for Nightwish, since i listen to them for more than six years, but there are few others that are very close.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
30.03.2007 - 10:03
Philaenas
Account deleted
I would rather go with Agnete from Madder Mortem. Damn, what a voice!
30.03.2007 - 10:38
Bash'
:)
Best Vocalist : Floor Jansen no doubt!

Best Music : Nightwish ..

My vote went to my fav. band Nightwish..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
09.04.2007 - 13:17
Procardia
Account deleted
I choosed Epica not because of Simone's voice but I voted for them because I like their music. IMHO, the other bands are the same thing.
09.04.2007 - 15:56
LoUd3
Account deleted
Laura Nichol from Melodeath act Ligh This City has a really sick voice So I would probally go for her...
Among the bands on the list I would vote for Nightwish
18.04.2007 - 21:15
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I voted for Gathering... Not much because of music (which is great too), but because of Anneke. What a great voice man!
----
18.04.2007 - 22:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
I vote for After Forever. I love Floor's voice.
19.04.2007 - 01:17
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
For me, it is Stream Of Passion. Nightwish comes off too cheesey, After Forever are not as tight as they could be, Lacuna Coil is really weak, and Arch Enemy is pretty much In Flames (with boobs). But Stream of Passion really nails it.

Plus, unlike many female fronted bands, SOP does outstanding live shows. I have seen Arch Enemy live, and they sucked. I have seen several other female fronted bands live, and their stage work tends to be rather shoddy at times.
----
(space for rent)
19.04.2007 - 01:51
Bitch Boy
Written by Dane Train on 19.04.2007 at 01:17

and Arch Enemy is pretty much In Flames (with boobs).

@ Hemlock: as you are somehow into prog metal, you should try After Forever's "Remagine", it's symphonic prog, and sounds really good.
19.04.2007 - 04:03
Hellrat
Account deleted
i voted for arch enemy because the first time i heard them i was busy doing other stuff and that chicks voice just begged for attention. shes got such a kickass growl i am in awe. in all fairness i havent listened to all the bands in the list but the ones i have the singers just dont grab my attention the same way.