Metal Storm logo
Best Thrash Band

Original post

Posted by Dreamwar_86, 06.07.2006 - 15:56
Thrash.. is maybe one of the best styles of metal there are many great bands from the US and from germany too , whats your favorite

so give me your opinion what band is faster,more original,more heavy etc.

for me Metallica they are simply brilliant well they were first 4 albums are metal classics

Poll

What band is better?

Slayer
Metallica
Other...
Megadeth
Kreator
Pantera
Sepultura
Exodus
Destruction

Total votes: 456
30.01.2007 - 01:04
Ultraraw
Account deleted
I voted Metallica.Master of Puppets is the best thrash metal album.Every
track on this album rocks.I think album is the greatest
30.01.2007 - 11:31
APOHAKC
The Bard
Other, where is Anthrax??
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.01.2007 - 23:13
DoOm MaKeR
Hey cummon!!! No doubt about it!!! SLAYER ofcourse!!!
This group is not negotiable for me!! although i am a doomster now, slayer will be in my mind forever!
there is no bad album for slayer, not even under moderate!! They created the darkest, the most influential, the best music ever! (Exception, black sabbath, etc) THey are the gods of this genre.. King and Hanneman's solos are enough to tell wut is slayer! moreover, ARAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!! They can blow the world in one guitar riff!!! THEY RULE THE GENRE!!
----
knowing that i'm doomed. hundreds of volumes of text. pictures, words, learning. my love, my art, my knowledge...covered by the arms of the sea.
Morgion - Ebb Tide
06.02.2007 - 05:45
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Well between old Metallica and Slayer for me but went with old Metallica cause I was really into it a lot more and there were some pretty unmatchable albums in their thrash era..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
06.02.2007 - 16:12
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Metallica n' Nevermore
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
09.02.2007 - 02:40
TheRealThing
Account deleted
I don't see how any one could put their vote in Metallica, or even say their name outloud these days without feeling guilty, because guaranteed they make another dollar every time they are mentioned anywhere.

I voted Megadeth, I'm a big thrash/speed fan, and Mustaine has always been the king in such for me.

Also, how did Pantera make the list, not being a thrash band, yet Testament and Anthrax are totally omitted?
12.02.2007 - 13:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=20319] on 09.02.2007 at 02:40

I don't see how any one could put their vote in Metallica, or even say their name outloud these days without feeling guilty, because guaranteed they make another dollar every time they are mentioned anywhere.

I voted Megadeth, I'm a big thrash/speed fan, and Mustaine has always been the king in such for me.

Also, how did Pantera make the list, not being a thrash band, yet Testament and Anthrax are totally omitted?

why Pantera made the list is I think because from Cowboys From Hell till Reinventing the Steel they are thrash, albeit a groove laden modern day version of thrash but thrash nonetheless. Hell, even bands such as Anthrax see Pantera as THE thrash band of the nineties that kept the thrash flag flying. If you ever get a chance to see Get Thrashed: The Story Of Thrash Metal you'll hear quite a few old school thrash bands call newer Pantera thrash.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.02.2007 - 14:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

What man Metallica are thrash, ok was thrash, maybe not so nasty and thrashy how other bands but it is thrash, how thay shood call them selfs Thrashtallica?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.02.2007 - 15:06
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Bad English on 12.02.2007 at 14:13

What man Metallica are thrash, ok was thrash, maybe not so nasty and thrashy how other bands but it is thrash, how thay shood call them selfs Thrashtallica?

I don't find evn old Metallica stuffs much thrashy. Unless there are better stuffs, why go to average makeshift stuffs? Old metallica songs might have been good, but certainly not because they are thrashy. Metalllica died after the death of Cliff Burton.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
15.02.2007 - 15:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@pagan I agree but still enxt 3 albums after Cliffs death are good and sometimes its more artistic how firts 2
----

apos;'
[image]
28.04.2007 - 23:50
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
For me Metallica got cancer after Dave Mustaine got kicked out and then died after Ride the Lightening (although MOP was an "okay" album and the black album had a few good songs).

While I like all those bands i'm going to have to go with Slayer. I love them because of their guitars, drummings, vocals, lyrics, chaotic solos and pretty much everything they do . Another big reason that I like them is that they've never really had a drastic change of styles, while a lot of bands on that list (not only Metallica) did.
29.04.2007 - 13:19
Throne of Rats
I rekon Slayer, they set the standard with the speed. Thrash is about fast everything, where's the quick drumming within Lars??
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
29.04.2007 - 16:17
Infurnace
Kreator really is the best Thrash band ever. Megadeth, Destruction and Sodom are really good too.
29.04.2007 - 18:08
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Kreator, for sure.
01.05.2007 - 06:47
selken
Irreligious
Slayer for sure, they are the best thrash metal band, they never left the thrash metal trend as Megadeth, Metallica and Sepultura did, Metallica became TRASH metal, Megadeth become traditional metal and Sepultura became groove, but that is for another thread......
The point is that Slayer helped to develop the Death metal genre, for example, take a song, Necrophobic, Angel Of Death, even Cult, etc, growl its lyrics instead of screaming them, and there is it, Death Metal, you don't need to add anything else.
Slayer is the fastest thrash metal band, furthermore, their slow songs are darker than other band's slow songs.
Although their solos are too much random and lack of melody, their overall qualities put them at the top.
----
01.05.2007 - 20:58
ArchitectSupreme
Account deleted
As far as most influencial go, then noth Slayer and Metallica take it, but I enjoy Destruction more than any on this list, and I would say Anthrax is #1
04.05.2007 - 20:39
Bitch Boy
Metallica all the way. Their "true" thrash album surpass the rest of the bands'. I think some bands are missing in this poll, especially Anthrax, and also Testament, Nevermore, etc.
09.05.2007 - 16:51
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I'd put it this way:

1. Megadeth
2. Pantera
3. Metallica
4. Destruction
5. Other...

Note: Pantera got before Metallica only because I decided by whole dicography, and Metallica got some seriuos minuses there. But if you say Metallica by just first 4-5 albums, then I like it more than Pantera...
----
09.05.2007 - 17:08
Nixx
Account deleted
1. Metallica's 3 first albums (the 2 albums after "KEA" are maybe not so "thrasy", but influenced a hell lot of bands).
2. Exodus
3. Slayer
4. Testament
5. Anthrax
6. Kreator

My personal list.
12.05.2007 - 22:43
APOHAKC
The Bard
1. Anthrax
2. Annihilator
3. Slayer
4. Testament

Anthrax - One of the responcible bands I got into metal. First album with Turbin was in my tape deck for a very long time, I was obssessed with that album. Spreading The Disease, Among The Living. State Of Euphoria, classical albums, they had smaller budget than all bands but they really knew how to kick ass

Annihilator - Jeff Waters is fucking maniac, I love his weird rifffs, filled with changes of tempo, agressive parts, clean melodic themes.. Especiall on first two albums, but I love all of their releases axcept All For You and Remains.

Slayer - Slayer is the most agressive metal band on earth, if you ask me. I loved their first albums, Show No Mercy was masterpiece of trash metal (or punk), and Reign In Blood is legendary piece of agression. South Of Heaven is little slower, but god damn awesome... I don't like their new staff so third place...

Testament - Oene of the first metal bands I start listening, Legacy and Over The Wall are among trash metal diamonds, real awesome. And probably the best band alive.. yeah, better than Slayer for me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
12.05.2007 - 23:17
__Az__
A lot of this depends on my personal tastes at the time, or what Ive been listening to most.

Personally though, overall, and at the moment aswell, Id have to say Kreator. Of all these bands, Id have to say the latest Kreator album 'Enemy Of God' has been the best, even better than Slayer's 'Christ Illusion'

I am a fan of Megadeth though, so Ill have to see how their new album sounds.
13.05.2007 - 02:03
The Pharaon
Account deleted
1. Metallica
2. Pantera
3. Megadeth
4. Many others
04.07.2007 - 22:54
Varegan
Hamranakara
1-metallica (until 1986)
2-slayer
3-seputura
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
05.07.2007 - 04:25
Torture Killer
Account deleted
1.Pantera
2.Anthrax
3.Slayer
4.Testament
5.Metallica
6.Sepultura
05.07.2007 - 09:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=23234] on 13.05.2007 at 02:03

4. Many others

Hehehe moustly old good forgotten bands whit one or two albums of 80ties
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2007 - 11:51
FabricationError
Account deleted
1 - Slayer
2 - Testament
3 - Annihilator
4 - Kreator

isn't this list short?
05.07.2007 - 12:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=19644] on 05.07.2007 at 11:51

1 - Slayer
2 - Testament
3 - Annihilator
4 - Kreator

isn't this list short?

It is short and no explanation why
about Annigilator man its only one album are good in begining I can not listen them now
About Slayer and Testament only early albums too
----

apos;'
[image]
05.07.2007 - 13:20
Abattoir
Staff
I voted for Kreator, because i like especcially last two albums, which are very good and songs sounds great. Earlier stuff is also good too, but i didn't listen to it so much lately. The earlier albums Pleasure To Kill and Extreme Agression are also good albums to...there is some great songs which still kick ass (like Flage Of Hate, Pleasure To Kill, Extreme Agression, Betrayer...).
In live concerts or festrivals they do amazing atmosphere between the croud, especially the frontman, who he is allways acting agressive during the concert show...which is good ...See them soon again (in two weeks)
06.07.2007 - 09:59
AlGore
Account deleted
I went Slayer. They started awesome and are still going awesomely. Although some other of the bands are still going, I'm not too familiar with some thrash. My list would go

Slayer
Metallica
Pantera
07.07.2007 - 15:48
Imraghil
Slayer. I like the great guitar. Very nice to play by yourselve.