Metal Storm logo
Do you know about my country?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 17:39
SO, the idea of this tread would be something similar to the late 'The Rest Of The World' s,: say something about your country, where it is, some history, and something you find important saying. I'm going to post about my country, but not right now.
17.11.2006 - 14:53
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah, a terrorist group took this date and made it its name. 17 Noemvri, but that had nothing to do with the revolution... Yeah, they're all in prison now, after all these robberies and murders.
----
Bitch! Please
06.03.2007 - 11:01
I aM YoUr SiN
Bulgaria...
I guess most of you know about Bulgaria too little... Hristo Stoichkov, the Mystery of Bulgarian Voices... but if i have to introduse my country, well i dont know where to start from, so let it be from the beginning...
The First Bulgarian Coutry was created in 681 year. That was the time when chan Asparuh came on the Balkanian peninsula and got the lands around Danube... Bulgaria then was very strong, but not christian yet... it happened in 9th century when Knias Boris I made it. His son Tzar Simeon Veliki, was one of the greates and the strongest reigners of Bulgaria. During his rule Bulgaria for the first time gets 3 seas - The Black Sea, Mediteranean Sea, Augean Sea. Then in 1018 year Vizantia ( i am sorry but i am so sure how it is in English i hope it is the same ) conquered Bulgaria. Almost a century Bulgaria was under Visantian slavery... then apeared the brothers Asen, Petar and Kaloian. The three of them were tzars then and freed our country. After not many time came to rule Ivan Asen II. This was the second time when Bulgaria was on three seas... after not many there was the horror... the invasion of the Ottoman Turkeys was too strong. In 1396 the last free part of Bulgaria came into Turkish slavery. The next 500 years were the worst... The Ottomans made whatever they want with bulgarians, the were cruel and ruthless... Through the centuries there was many tries for freedom, but no one succeded. The truth about all of this is that Bulgaria stopped the Ottoman Invasion to Western Europe... if there were no Bulgaria and Serbia may be many countries from Western Europe would have been badly injured... whatever... about the end of 18th century and the beginning oif 19th century, there were many people like Vasil Levski, Hristo Botev, Georgi Rakovski, Hadji Dimitar etc. who began to prepare a great rebbelion. And it became reality in April of 1876 year. But Bulgarian were too litle in front of the millins of the Turkish Army... the rebbelion was smashed cruelly... Thousands, bulgarians died... around these years, were and the Batak's slaughter... the turkish "bashibozuci" killed everyone in a church there by beheading bulgarians in the garden of the church on a stump... may be all of these 500 years were cruel and bad as this moment for bulgarians... then there came the 1877 year, soon after the April rebellion... then the help came mainly from Russia... The Russian-Turkish freedoms war was the end of the 5 century slavery and on 3th of March 1878 year in San Stefano was signed the agreemnet for freedom of Bulgaria... the began the new history of Kniazhestvo Bulgaria... it was returned only the lands between Danube and Stara Planina Mountain ( the half of now Bulgaria ) on the 6th of September 1889 ( i am not so sure for the year, i cant remember years ) Kniazhestvo Bulgaria ans Eastern Rumelia became one country - Bulgaria... the new history is not so interesting... But during the slavery Bulgarians survived, and the one happyness for them was the music. The Bulgarian Folklore is very rich. For a small country like ours, we are separated on 7 or 8 mucis areas... if someone is ineterested in bulgarian folklore music lets just write... Also there are many good writers and poets - Ivan Vazov, Hristo Botev, Elin Pelin, Iordan Iovkov, Petko Slaveikov, Pencho Slaveikov, Aleko Konstantinov, Dimitar Dimov, Dimitar Talev, and many many more... most of these authors write about Bulgaria under the Turkish slavery and if someone is interested of it lets read "Under the Slavery" by Ivan Vazov... what else i can say about my country... we dont have much finansial possibilities but we have very good sportists... the worldwide famous Hristo Stoichkov, also Stefka Kostadinova, Ekaterina Dafovska, Maria Grozeva, Rumiana Neikova, Sesil Karatancheva, Irina Nikulchina, Pavlina Filipova, Ivet Lalova, Aleksandra Zhekova, Evgenia Radanova, ALBENA DENKOVA AND MAXIM STAVIIKSI, Iordan Iovchev ( who was injured on the olympic games in Athens, when he got the silver medal, and the gold was for a greek man ) and many many more... We have got very good painters - Vladimir Dimitrov Maistora, Zlatko Boyadjiev and more... in the outer space a BULGARIAN song is flying - "izlel e Delio Haidutin" - Valia Balkanska...Also the nature here is one of the most beautifull things that i have ever seen... well, right now i cant guess what else to write, there are so many things... i stop for now because i have test today in my Marketing's class, but if someone wants to know something more about Bulgaria lets ask
Have a nice day, Greetings from Beautifull Bulgaria
----
My Lord, let me come to you, let me become what my child thinks I am
In you is the beauty of the world, of which death made me an artist
My Lord, let me come to you, let me become what my child thinks I am...
06.03.2007 - 20:04
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
@I aM YoUr SiN: Nice! You know, I'm a History student and I love to know more things about other countries history, thanks for spending your time wirtting all this huge text.. hehehe! I didn't knew about all this turkish invasion. But how about Bulgaria in the XX century?? It was invaded by the germans??
06.03.2007 - 21:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4589] on 06.03.2007 at 20:04

@I aM YoUr SiN: Nice! You know, I'm a History student and I love to know more things about other countries history, thanks for spending your time wirtting all this huge text.. hehehe! I didn't knew about all this turkish invasion. But how about Bulgaria in the XX century?? It was invaded by the germans??

Im history student to
and wel about turks and coministic reagime tehre bulgarin comunistic gourement change turkish surnames in those days and a lot of turks run to Turky
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2007 - 22:17
darksun
K7 right man we have a lot of turkish immigrants escaping from bulgarian regime here.Now one of my best friend is coming from a bulgarian rooted family.Even Naim Suleymanoglu who has the world,european and olympics records weight lifting.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
06.03.2007 - 22:18
darksun
K7 right man we have a lot of turkish immigrants escaping from bulgarian regime here.Now one of my best friend is coming from a bulgarian rooted family.Even Naim Suleymanoglu who has the world,european and olympics records weight lifting.
----
06.03.2007 - 22:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by darksun on 06.03.2007 at 22:18

Hhaha yeah and also Romanian there wa sgood remeber Romanian football players liek Haggi, Popescu and so but ... also sed history about Amenia
----

06.03.2007 - 22:36
darksun
We had to send armenians to exile dude as they betrayed us and killed innocent turkish villagers.Armenian genocide is just the biggest lie of 20th century.If we had an opinion like destroying all armenians,we wouldn't leave any alive thing about armenian people.The armenians in the west of turkey have always been our good friends while we had to send the ones in the east to syria.I am sorry for some armenians that died during the exile but that was a must for ottoman empire.We had been in the biggest war that our history ever seen so we couldn't deal with armenian gangs additionally.
by the way you are definetely right about gorgeus hagi and popecsu.I am not a galatasaray fan but i always admired them.
----
07.03.2007 - 09:49
I aM YoUr SiN
Metal_Messias
Well, now Bulgaria is not very good in economical line... after the slavery it was very difficult for us to recover from the pain and there is and there will be forever a scar... It is a fact, that there are still no captured bulgarian flag during a battle... In 20th century Bulgaria took part in almost every war in Europe - between the allys in the Balkanian peninsula, the First World War ( of course we choose the loser side ) - Bulgaria joins it in 1915 year, The Second World War ( also the loser side ) - germans lie Bulgaria that will recover all her land whoch were got from us after the Nioi's agreement, and with the germans Bulgaria gets the results as a loser in the war... i think that there were one more war before the First World War here on the Balkans but i am not very sure ( the modern history is one of my my weakest sides )... BUT we have never been under german invasion ( as the meaning of the word )... In the 20th century after the Secondf World War bulgaria got comunistic... some people here say that it was very bad, some say very good, i can say because the comunistic regime falls in 1989-1990, i was born in 1988, and you know, there is no way to remember...

K7
Well, yes it is right, during the comunistuc regime turkish people had to change their names... but when there same the time of democracy, the got back their names... but this is also a painful term for us... in Rodopi mountain there is some vilages where people call us "kauri" which is a "giaur" a very pained word - during the slavery the turkish called the Bulgarians "giauri" and this means that we are ender their level... Right now Turkey is very big country, but still is trying to get Bulgaria... they pay to the muslim peolpe to wear muslim clothes... In the schools in Rodopi where is the muslim population, they study Turkish language!!! well, if this democracy allows the Turkey to do whatever they want in BULGARIA and to try all the time to make people here to think that they are turkish, i prefer the comunism... whatever...

darksun
Why do you say "escape"?
No one is chasing the turkish people here... but when is time for voting they come back to vote here... why?
I am sorry, but, i do not agree turkish people to call me IM MY COUNTRY - BULGARIA "kaur = giaur" ... you know better than me what this word means... even on the national BULGARIAN TV program there are news on turkish language...

I hope i gave ( not best ) but a lil answer to your question Metal_Messias if you want to know something else ask and by the way i am not very surprised that you dont know these things... Brazil is far from here, Bulgaria is a small country, and i dont think that in the history books of other countries there is something writtnen about Bulgaria... whatever this is from me till now... i wrote a novel again... till later
----
07.03.2007 - 11:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Darksun - First be?ikta?-Gala there was riots? any videos in youtube?
About Armanian genicide, im nots trong in this part of history, I had read only fiew arcticls, so I cant coment but Avshar tatse ok

@I aM YoUr SiN - Hristo Stockov all pl shood know Stanislav Angelov, Georguy Petkov, Ivo Iljev and great Bulgarian doom bands

It name its Bizantia -B not v, like Barcelona, Brazil

well nice article,s o good, so good that I eve cant coment
Levksi hahahha thay smash CernoMorec 10-0 and soon thay rape CSKA 10-0

About answer to Metal_Messias post well cominismus good or bad well better live in free country ist beter for you

Well about Turky but it was long ago, those days are gone long ago, better forgot and forgive
----

07.03.2007 - 12:10
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
My country is Nepal, southeastern Asia, in map it is below china (tibet) and over India.
I think very few of you know about my country.
Nepal is a very old country... a short information about the history of my country from the encarta encyclopaedia is below: (I have a book of Nepali history, and I was aboout to type from there, but I found true information about it on encarta, so I copy-pasted it)
Although Nepal emerged in history in the first millennium BC, it was only in the 18th century that Nepal developed as a country of the present size. Archaeological remains suggest that areas of Nepal have been inhabited for more than 10,000 years. The Kirant hill tribe people are thought to be the first rulers of the Kathmandu area. The earliest undisputed Nepali dynasty is the Licchavi dynasty, which was established in about ad 400. The Licchavi dynasty, which probably migrated from present-day Vaishāli, India, was centered in the Kathmandu Valley. The Licchavi dynasty expanded its influence to the Kali Gandaki River in the west and Sun Kosi River in the east. The Licchavi period, as well as the Malla period that followed, was deeply influenced by Hindu culture.
"The Anglo-Nepalese War (1814-1816) reduced the country to its current size, although Nepal retained its independence."

Nepal is a HIndu country, ever since the ancient times, and Hinduism has its roots in this country as well.
Nepal's borders was constantly changing, and it got its present shape only after king Prithwi Narayan Shah.

If anyone is interested, I can post more about it.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
07.03.2007 - 17:44
I aM YoUr SiN
Kariasakis7
well, in bulgarian it is Vizantia with V, but thank you that you rold me abpout how it is in english
about Turkey... hm... the video i saw was recorded 2 weeks ago... the people from the villages still call us like this, now in our country... also 3th of March is our national celebration... the day we celebrate our freedom, in the morning i was watching TV and it was interactive TV... there was sent SMS: Die all of you giauri, go to Levski in Diarbekir! ( in this case is talking about Vasil Levski, not the futball club ) ... i dont have waht to say anymore about this term... i saw it 4 days ago... whatever...
----
07.03.2007 - 17:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by I aM YoUr SiN on 07.03.2007 at 17:44

Kariasakis7
well, in bulgarian it is Vizantia with V, but thank you that you rold me abpout how it is in english
about Turkey... hm... the video i saw was recorded 2 weeks ago... the people from the villages still call us like this, now in our country... also 3th of March is our national celebration... the day we celebrate our freedom, in the morning i was watching TV and it was interactive TV... there was sent SMS: Die all of you giauri, go to Levski in Diarbekir! ( in this case is talking about Vasil Levski, not the futball club ) ... i dont have waht to say anymore about this term... i saw it 4 days ago... whatever...

Here are same problem too Russian, latvian and what ewer, seems only pll inor ages are open mindet(those who dont belongs to extreme groops and we had wery fiew such groops
----

07.03.2007 - 17:55
I aM YoUr SiN
well this what you is sad... in this world we live in there is enogh place for everyone, and people from different countries and different races dont have to be in a battle...
----
07.03.2007 - 17:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by I aM YoUr SiN on 07.03.2007 at 17:55

well this what you is sad... in this world we live in there is enogh place for everyone, and people from different countries and different races dont have to be in a battle...

God sad, seems its gourement politics remaind such thinks to be elected
----

07.03.2007 - 18:58
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
@I aM YoUr SiN: So Bulgaria fought with the germans in the WWII, ah ok, thanks! (I'm actually fanatic about the WWII.. hehe!) Brazil even with it's "fascist" government fought with the Allies, you know, our History is so strange.. hehehe!
07.03.2007 - 19:03
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
@K7: Better live in a free country?? Would you call freedom a system where only rich people can live and have power?? The poor people just suffer in their hands.. This is no freedom, it's almost slavery!
07.03.2007 - 20:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4589] on 07.03.2007 at 19:03

@K7: Better live in a free country?? Would you call freedom a system where only rich people can live and have power?? The poor people just suffer in their hands.. This is no freedom, it's almost slavery!

well seems ppl who hawnt live in USSR wont understand what I mean
----

07.03.2007 - 20:24
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
I didn't said that I want to live in USSR, there is no USSR now, even if I wanted there is no way to do that.. hehehe! But I think it is a joke to call any country today as a free country. You have some freedom if you have money, if you don't, then that is a problem of yours, no one cares..
07.03.2007 - 20:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=4589] on 07.03.2007 at 20:24

I didn't said that I want to live in USSR, there is no USSR now, even if I wanted there is no way to do that.. hehehe! But I think it is a joke to call any country today as a free country. You have some freedom if you have money, if you don't, then that is a problem of yours, no one cares..

Yes there are no USSr but you know what kind of life was there?
Well you be in phyco clinic if wisit metalstorm and listening metal well same
----

07.03.2007 - 20:46
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
Yes, I know what kind of life was there.. I'm always studying about Russian Revolution, the Soviet Union and the Cold War.. And is just sad how Stalin concentrate all the power in his hands, instead of giving it to the Soviets, as Lenin wanted.
08.03.2007 - 19:18
Dark Stalker
There aren't so many people in the world , that don't know about my "little" cold country
----
In luck we trust!
08.03.2007 - 20:39
darksun
@I am your sin hey i have no intend to be an idiot turkish fascist and i apologise to you and bulgarians in the name of that idiots.And i just talked about those years's bulgarian government now i know lots of bulgarian people also disagree with ATAKA.
----
09.03.2007 - 11:28
I aM YoUr SiN
darksun
I do not agree wiht the statements of ATAKA... i just want people from different countries to live in peace... i do not want the hate and pain here... but it really hurts when you love your country and you see things like these i wrote before ...

Metal_Messias
Dont worry, if you want to know something else about BG i will try to help you the WWII is nothing bad to be interested in it

Kariasakis7
You are so so right...
----
09.03.2007 - 12:02
darksun
@i am your sin:I can imagine how you feel and really appreciate your attitude towards differences in life and nations,races...Wanna support your attitude from mustafa kemal ataturk's words:Peace at home,peace in the world.
----
09.03.2007 - 17:51
FOOCK Nam
Written by Dark Stalker on 08.03.2007 at 19:18

There aren't so many people in the world , that don't know about my "little" cold country

Im really eager to know about ur country. Im sure many nations honor ur country. I really want to know about Russian youth there...
17.05.2008 - 06:22
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Well my country started off with the Right Ideas, and In fact had the first Democratic government Completely chosen by the People. That is before The Europeans came "no Offense to you all" Native Americans had exceptional Governments systems which actually worked better than anything we have today. Lest not mention "MesoAmerican" calendars cause those are yet to be surpassed as well. Just Imagine how advance this continent would be if it would have been just left alone. Then again I wouldn't have been born cause My Grandfathers family comes from Spain. Anyways, The US Founding Fathers actually took their Idea from one of these tribes, but as the country progressed it only headed on the wrong path. until this day we have yet to be corrected. I can't wait, and I hope I'm alive to see a Second American Revolution.
17.05.2008 - 19:18
Deadgirl
My state was called "Bleeding Kansas" during the Civil War era because the road to statehood for us was pretty violent.

The Kansas-Nebraska Act nullified the Missouri Compromise (which established the 36°30' parallel as the border for slavery) in favor of popular sovereignty. In Kansas, Southerners (mostly from Missouri) who were called "Border Ruffians" crossed the border into Kansas to vote to expand slavery. In May 1856, some border ruffians entered Lawrence, Kansas and burned, ransacked, etc and caused general mayhem. This inspired a fist fight in the Senate the next day -- Preston Brooks (South Carolina congressman) attacked Charles Sumner (Massachusetts) because he had criticized the pro-slavery border ruffians in Kansas. This inspired the Pottawatomie Massacre, in which a group of Free-Staters attacked Pottawatomie Creek and dragged pro-slavery men from their homes and stabbed/sliced/slashed them to death.
There was a total of about 55 deaths, I believe it was, and Kansas entered the union as a free state on January 29, 1861.

Kansas also has Haskell Indian Nations University, which gives free tuition to any member of a Native American tribe. So.. That's pretty cool. ^_^
----
Remember that you are mortal.
17.05.2008 - 21:47
Nexus
Asshat
We slaughtered a bunch of Amerindians; and so here we are.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
26.08.2008 - 05:19
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
i live here in the states
and to cut out all the small talk were known world wide as assholes and bullys and we have a high percentage of fat asses