Metal Storm logo
You know you're a metalhead when...

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 13.10.2006 - 23:38
Well, lately I've been thinking about what does you make you a metalhead.
Listening to the music? going to concerts? dressing metal clothes? some attitude?

I don't know if I can consider myself a metalhead because I do listen to a lot of bands of different genres: Gothic, Folk, Power, Symphonic, Industrial, Atmospheric, Doom, Black, Progressive and Gothenburg. But, I don't dress metal clothes, I listen to many other kinds of music, I've never been in a metal concert... So, just being a metal expert makes you a metalhead?
What do you think?
17.12.2006 - 19:30
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Vidrageon: Really? I'm a metal Head And I don't know this technique, and let me tell you, it sure would be handy to know! Last Concert I went to My Neck Hurt for like, two weeks.

By The Way, You Know you're a Metal Head when you go to a concert and afterwords your Neck Hurts for two weeks.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.12.2006 - 19:33
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
you know that you're a metalhead when everyone except YOU is a poser
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.12.2006 - 19:55
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.12.2006 at 19:30

By The Way, You Know you're a Metal Head when you go to a concert and afterwords your Neck Hurts for two weeks.

That would make you an inexperienced metalhead; with practice, it will only hurt for one week
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
18.12.2006 - 00:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Wrathchild: I can't wait for the day
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
19.12.2006 - 20:25
Basso
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 17.12.2006 at 19:33

you know that you're a metalhead when everyone except YOU is a poser

Then I am , indeed very much so a true, grim and fucking necro metalhead....

Stay frostbitten \m/
20.12.2006 - 10:51
Walter Iego
Author
Elite
When he or she collapses after doing a "moonwalk" contemplating the allegorical lightness of being...
26.12.2006 - 00:45
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by [user id=5394] on 19.12.2006 at 20:25

Then I am , indeed very much so a true, grim and fucking necro metalhead....

Oh I am also... There is two of true metalheads now...
But more seriously this is odd topic...
I know "who" I am and "when" I am - this is obvious!
Who can knows more about it than I - true metalhead...
29.12.2006 - 09:34
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
when im loud,obnoxious and got attitude ..... .....
30.12.2006 - 03:34
Talvi
You know you are one when yuo can name each genre by memory, and know each band which genre is, or recognise the genre of a band with one listen.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
02.01.2007 - 00:52
Loreley
Account deleted
i am a TRUE metal woman becouce:
1 i eat black olives
2 i dring black cola light
3 i like true metal
4 i have very much pretty metalclothes
5 i am very sexy
6 i am very sexy and can think about philosophie of life(beautiful and smart)
7 i have metal friends too
8 my husband is metalhead too
9 i like metalparties(not very much)
10 i drink met too

and,and,and...

http://foto.mail.ru/mail/rappunzel/190/197.html
http://foto.mail.ru/mail/rappunzel/190/218.html
http://foto.mail.ru/mail/rappunzel/190/208.html
http://foto.mail.ru/mail/rappunzel/190/196.html

1000 becouse i am at this photos=)

True greez from Rhine,Loreley
06.02.2007 - 04:13
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
You know your a metalhead when you will do just about anything to see a concert. And also when your friends asked you what happened at the concert and you say "I got punched in the face and stomped on in the pit, and I headbanged for so long that I had a insane headache, it was hurting so much after. IT WAS AWESOME"
06.02.2007 - 14:38
APOHAKC
The Bard
You are metalhead as soon as you start listening to metal, isn't it logical? You din't have to drink Black Coal Light or to be Sexy, you don't need long hair or many metal clothes, only thing you should do to be a metalhead is to listen metal and nothing else!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.02.2007 - 14:38
MetalGoddess
In my oppinion .... Being a real metalhead is in the atitudine... Metal is a way of life ... so.. I think... dressing like one (not necessarily leather ) acting like one.... and offcourse... listening with PASSION to music
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
06.02.2007 - 14:48
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by MetalGoddess on 06.02.2007 at 14:38

In my oppinion .... Being a real metalhead is in the atitudine... Metal is a way of life ... so.. I think... dressing like one (not necessarily leather ) acting like one.... and offcourse... listening with PASSION to music

I agree only with the last one. Tho i like metal like clothes i dont dress like metalhead atm, coz i have this office work.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
06.02.2007 - 15:21
MetalGoddess
I adaptate my clothes to any environment ... i could be wearing anything ... you still would notice I'm a metal head
----
You can't keep this fast car out of the race \m/
06.02.2007 - 15:23
Eight
Shapeshifter
Probably same here: black coat, black jeans, army boots, black sweater, black glows
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
09.02.2007 - 02:29
kiwibaby
Account deleted
Ummmm.... I don't know if I'm a metalhead or not...... I'm just..... uhh.... Lauren...
09.02.2007 - 06:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
when on the day that the new Motorhead album came out, you got in a semi-serious car accident on the way to the mall, got a concusion, but refused medical attention so you could get to the cd store before the mall closes.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.02.2007 - 15:08
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 09.02.2007 at 06:50

when on the day that the new Motorhead album came out, you got in a semi-serious car accident on the way to the mall, got a concusion, but refused medical attention so you could get to the cd store before the mall closes.

lol! Now thats a metalhead \m/
25.02.2007 - 15:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Immortal Plague on 06.02.2007 at 04:13

..when your friends asked you what happened at the concert and you say "I got punched in the face and stomped on in the pit, and I headbanged for so long that I had a insane headache, it was hurting so much after. IT WAS AWESOME"

Best reason! This happens to me quite a lot of the time, you should see my friends' faces when I say that.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.02.2007 - 15:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 25.02.2007 at 15:13

..when your friends asked you what happened at the concert and you say "I got punched in the face and stomped on in the pit, and I headbanged for so long that I had a insane headache, it was hurting so much after. IT WAS AWESOME"

Best reason! This happens to me quite a lot of the time, you should see my friends' faces when I say that.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, the beauty of still being young. Sounds like me when I was your age. Nowadays I just like to stand near the PA (in a club) with a beer in my hand and enjoy the show and music without going into the pit or stagediving. Just listening to it all watching it all and watching the people in the pit etc.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.02.2007 - 15:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.02.2007 at 15:20

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, the beauty of still being young. Sounds like me when I was your age. Nowadays I just like to stand near the PA (in a club) with a beer in my hand and enjoy the show and music without going into the pit or stagediving. Just listening to it all watching it all and watching the people in the pit etc.

Haha, come on man, don't be a pussy. I have seen people your age and older moshing like hell.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.02.2007 - 15:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 25.02.2007 at 15:26

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.02.2007 at 15:20

Haha, come on man, don't be a pussy. I have seen people your age and older moshing like hell.

Not anymore for me with my knee operation and all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.02.2007 - 15:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.02.2007 at 15:31

Oh, didn't know anything about that at all. Well, maybe your idea would be wisest's after all..
----

26.02.2007 - 03:49
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Written by Lucas on 25.02.2007 at 15:35

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.02.2007 at 15:31

Oh, didn't know anything about that at all. Well, maybe your idea would be wisest's after all..

Yes a bad knee would definatly put somsone out of commission for a while. But its not always bad to stand back, i stand back sometimes, for some songs and some bands, not often, but i do sometimes, its nice just calm, taking a break from all the chaos and just relaxing, it works good with nice soothing black metal, no so well with brutal death metal.
26.02.2007 - 04:15
Danny Thomas
well i'm pretty sure it's a good sign that i am a metalhead when i went to the amon amarth, trivium, children of bodom show, and promised myself i wouldn't mosh(because of 2 bruised ribs), but the second amon amarth came on stage and played ancient sign of coming storm, i went in the moshpit uncontrolably and never left the entire show(which further injured my ribs, but was worth it haha)
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
27.02.2007 - 16:02
Sunioj
You know your a metalhead when you try to save your energy for the band you are paying to see, but fail each time!
27.02.2007 - 16:03
Sunioj
You know your a metalhead when you try to save your energy for the band you are paying to see, but fail each time! Or when, all of the sudden, the word Satan becomes funny.
04.03.2007 - 08:52
villain
when you're IQ is below 10
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
04.03.2007 - 09:26
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by villain on 04.03.2007 at 08:52

when you're IQ is below 10

How's that?
----
that which shines without names and forms...